2020 Trump -> Iran -> Bitcoin -> $$$?

Forum » Beenos Trumpet » 2020 Trump -> Iran -> Bitcoin -> $$$?

Oct 27, 2019, 10:28

In 2016/17 Trump -> Syria -> Bitcoin -> Highest $$$

2016 - November - Trump elected and in the same month fires a shot across the Syrian bow. 

2017 - February - Bitcoin highest ever value.

If Trump goes to war with Iran later in 2020?

It'll be the first fresh large scale war cycle since Bitcoin has been its present size.

One could reasonably expect Bitcoin to perform in similar or higher ranges were the above to occur.

Oct 27, 2019, 11:04

Bit coin is doomed. It can be used to fund terrorism and money laundering. No country can allow their currency to be destroyed by bitcoin. 

It will be abolished at some point. 

Meanwhile it goes up and down like a lottery. A gamblers choice. 

Oct 27, 2019, 16:27

It's the future Beeno. People said it was doomed after Silk Road. Then after numerous previous valuation dips. After China's decision it was supposed to crash. Nope.

Ultimately it has too many advantages and anyone that wants to diminish government should support it. 

Let them charge tax on what you buy. Not on what you earn.

Oct 27, 2019, 21:03

Plum take it from me Bitcoin will one day be worth nothing. Alarm bells were rung in the US senate and a French minister spoke about the looming threat to national interests. Anybody thinking a national government will allow a currency they don' t control to replace their own national currency must be crazy. Setting the value of one's currency vs a vital tool for governments.

As mentioned Bitcoin can be used for money laundering, crime and terrorist financing, circumvention of exchange control etc etc. Technically the every lengthening blockchain means it is taking longer to verify every transaction and needing ever more computing power.

Bitcoin my do something for a few years or may not - it's just something where you take a chance.

Take care

Oct 27, 2019, 21:40

It is worth placing a few dollars in Bitcoin just as a gamble but no large investment is worth the risk associated with any of these schemes.

Sure many folks have claimed to have made large sums of money and others are hoping to do the same.........but beware.

Remember there are "Investment" folk who claim to be honest and out to make you rich........sorry them rich.

Got it.

Oct 28, 2019, 07:28

Come May, if it's cheap, I shall be buying a boatload of it.

Because when Trump is elected and rings the war bell, it's going to skyrocket. 

For those of you interested, blockchain social media is another big one on the horizon. 

It'll replace all current platforms.

Oct 28, 2019, 12:32

You may make some money Plum who knows. 

It takes one country, perhaps the USA to ban Bitcoin. Imagine a terrorist attack in the USA funded by Bitcoin. 

People definitely have made money out of Bitcoin. Trouble is when will it collapse. 

You can't use Bitcoin at a supermarket till its far too slow. 

I guess it all depends how long Bitcoin will last. The bigger it gets the more of a threat it becomes to national governments. I just can't see what benefit Bitcoin is to a national government. Did I mention tax evasion. Nobody can see what happens in your block chain account. 

Best of luck. 

Oct 28, 2019, 12:36

I had some bitcoin and placed it with a firm trading in Bitcoin. Didn't pay much for what I purchase thankfully but the account was hacked. 

You have to go to extreme lengths with passwords as these guys trying to hack Bitcoin accounts are smart. Also NEVER lose your password as then you are completely stuffed. 

Oct 29, 2019, 07:31

I lost my PayPal password once. 

That was a nightmare of note. 

Oct 29, 2019, 07:33

Anyhow, I was hoping to coax a response from Moz, alas, he's a gold man.

Oct 29, 2019, 11:12

“ Because when Trump is elected and rings the war bell, it's going to skyrocket. “

I wouldn’t bank on Trump starting wars. He’s not warmonger. Never been one ever. Trump will only attack Iran if there really is no other way out. It is just because he believes in having a strong military that he is portrayed as a mad trigger happy lunatic.

Oct 29, 2019, 11:40

"He’s not warmonger. Never been one ever."

Exactly. 

He's portrayed more as erratic than trigger happy but has been quite clear in expressing what the US wants. Problem is, Iran is finding it harder and harder to stay quite. At some point they'll disagree and then Trump will have to follow through.

I think they'll take him seriously exactly because he's not a war guy.

"A war between Iran and the United States will give the Chinese government greater leverage to demand even more lucrative deals that will exploit Iran’s already dire economic chaos. Meanwhile, China silently devours Iran’s vast natural resources as U.S. sanctions further isolate the country from global markets."

Russia, too, is anxious to leverage Iranian desperation to its advantage. At a press conference on Sept. 16, Russian President Vladimir Putin, a longtime supporter of the Iranian regime, joked in front of Iranian President Hassan Rouhani about how he was “ready to provide appropriate assistance” to Saudi Arabia after the attack. Putin suggested the Saudis buy Russian surface-to-air missiles like Iran and Turkey."

Nov 11, 2019, 02:19

Turns out BC is set to break a new high late 2020 or early 2021.

That has happened each time(twice before) there's been a halving(doubling of mine work).

The value to date has seen the exact same hyperbolic rise as those leading up to previous BC halvings. Practically identical. Six months ago you could be forgiven for sitting on the fence as regards historical data. Right now, you'd be crazy to ignore it.

It's currently worth +-$8k and set to reach $60-100k in the first quarter of 2021.

That's without any external factors like Trump's election or a declaration of war by the U.S. on Iran.

Have been reading articles and more articles that say an Iran war scenario could see BC go well beyond $100k.

It looks like 2020 is shaping up to be a perfect storm.

I'm telling you guys, pay attention to this! 

Will share as much info as I can here leading up to Feb/March 2020.

Nov 11, 2019, 09:25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBDd3ZC6IdM

About BC being mined and traded by the biggest economies in the world. 

@ Beeno.

The problem with governments banning Bitcoin is that they lock themselves out of the game. The disadvantage of doing that, over a period of time, is only going to grow. Nobody wants to be that guy. 

People are only now starting to understand this. It's the intrinsic value that I was talking about when first mentioning it on here.

Many people in some way still default subconsciously to trusting government. When governments start to become more heavily involved in it, they'll bring a section of the populace along for the ride.

To crash Bitcoin, a concerted campaign involving many governments, media companies, and social media platforms will be required. None of them will amount to anything more than swimming against the stream. Why do that? The risk is further increased by the idea that poorer countries with large populations could easily jump on board to reap the benefits. Iran is doing it as we speak. 

There are around 40million BC wallets globally. Most of the other 7,5billion people on the planet have access to the internet on their smartphones and a need to protect themselves from poor economic decisions by their governments. The world's superpowers are beginning to understand this. In reality, they likely understood it some time back but have been holding out as long as they can. Time seems to be up.

Blockchain itself is an inevitability in people's lives. The bigger tech firms are all investing heavily in blockchain products and services. That alone bodes very well for BC, and "stable" cryptocurrencies too. At its core, it's not a difficult concept and as people become accustomed to it, they'll more readily get involved. 

At this point, involvement over population is still a dwarfable figure. Even if it doubles in size, there's room to grow far beyond that in terms of new wallets and also larger involvement by current holders. 

The odd negative comment by a tech guru or investor does cause small devaluations but it's ultimately shown to be impervious. It's also incredibly resilient in that time has only revealed an ever increasing and unique scope of value. 

June 2013 BC = $100.00

June 2019 BC = $12 637.00

Nov 12, 2019, 16:04

Actually Plum I own a little Bitcoin which is under water....but I sold part of my holding at a nice profit before the big plunge. It's a pure speculation as the huge volatility has destroyed it's role as a means of   Exchange.

If you want to speculate options on the S&P 500 or any of the big tech companies are a much better bet. I put a bull spread on Amazon after their earnings release for example. If the stock trades back up to it's previous high by January 2021, it returns 150%. And any time the going is good in the interim, you can check out.

Now that's a sensible speculation.

Nov 13, 2019, 08:14

Moz, what happens when 10% more of the world's population open wallets?

Yeah, it's relatively volatile, for now.

I see that more as an opportunity once I filter the volatility through the non-exhaustive list of positives mentioned above. Means it's available for cheap at the right time and able to climb by far bigger margins than anything else available. The key is probably discipline in one's targets and cash out strategy.

You rate that a bad idea?

Dec 17, 2019, 17:43

Bitcoin is down to R97k.

Hoping for R50k by March/April.

Dec 18, 2019, 12:16

R94K

Jan 04, 2020, 00:33

Bump

In light of Trump/Iran/Bitcoin

Jan 04, 2020, 23:35

https://youtube.com/watch?v=8kPTZnMULLE&t=198s

5% jump after Trump kills the Soleimani.

If they actually go to war Bitcoin is gonna skyrocket.

Jan 05, 2020, 01:17

Plum no one should gain financially from a war in my opinion.

Unfortunately, many folks have and will find comfort in gaining financially irrespective of how or what damage and destruction may occur.

Not preaching just my personal views on war and terrorism.

Jan 05, 2020, 04:40

...plump  praying for the mass murder of innocents to make him rich...what a psychopath ,...

Jan 05, 2020, 10:36

I don't pray.

Do you pray for your car to crash?

Jan 09, 2020, 12:56

So Bitcoin was at R97K just prior to Trump's drone strike.

In the days immediately after, it climbed to R120K. The biggest spike in months. It's no co-incidence. 

At this point, it's not about what Bitcoin will do. It's about whether Trump will go to, be pushed to or find himself at war with Iran because Bitcoin's value will apparently track the severity of the situation.

The attention on Trump is, in my opinion, having an impact on Bitcoin. The news cycles, social media, the divide in the world with Trump being the one the left blame for it...on and on.

With the world as it is, at what point does it become prudent to invest in cryptocurrency? 

For me, we've arrived there. 

Jan 09, 2020, 19:22

Plum, I hope you didn't sell the house and put it all into Bitcoin after you posted that because it took a steep dive within minutes (literally) of you advising everyone to buy it.

Jan 09, 2020, 22:06

My post was days late, Rooi. Wasn't any up to date sorta thing.

Edit: deleted

Feb 02, 2020, 16:11

It appears BC is tracking any major event or situation that creates insecurity.

It spiked after Trump droned Soleimani and since coronavirus began being reported, its climbed and stayed high at R135k - R140k.

Feb 12, 2020, 07:27

BC at R152k now. 

In Nov it was at R97K.

Mar 13, 2020, 08:56

BC plummeted to R83k over the last couple of days. 

It lost about 35% of It a value in about a day and a half. 

Here's hoping it continues to drop. 

Cumon R50k

Hahaha

Apr 26, 2020, 09:23

Well, Covid certainly dropped a spanner into the heart of everyone's BC predictions for 2020.

Having tracked it over the last two months it's been brilliant to see what resilient currency it's turning out to be. 

Not being a financial guy, my understanding of confidence as relates to economic matters is that it's the grease that keeps the machine running and growing.

BC appears to me to be emerging, or has emerged, as the anti-confidence currency. 

Anti-confidence currency in a climate of low confidence = positive growth.

Right now it's at...

1 BC = R142k

Will be interesting to see what happens when economies begin opening back up again.

Nov 07, 2020, 10:47

Around the middle of the year I bought five BTC for R66k each.

This week BTC prices went up to around R250k.

For those wanting to get it, it looks like there'll be a dump next year and then predictions are for a steady run to record values.

I keep banging on about it but I do suggest people keep an eye on BTC. There'll be limited opportunities to hop in any meaningful way from here on out.

Jan 05, 2021, 09:04

Did anyone notice that BC went over R500k a few days back?

Cashed out my initial investment and now it's all cream baby.

You need to Log in to reply.