A right wing conspiracy theorist gets to pay a billion dollars….

Forum » Beenos Trumpet » A right wing conspiracy theorist gets to pay a billion dollars….

Oct 13, 2022, 00:22

….to the families of the Sandy Hook children killed in the massacre. The jury almost quadrupled the $250 million the plaintiffs’ lawyers were asking for. These are crazy numbers and likely to be revised. But it’s a wake up call for all the conspiracy nutters. And a timely reminder that grieving people aren’t a fair target.

We have had so many misleading conspiracies….the Russia hoax, the ballot machine hoax and many more. Both sides are culpable. It’s time to sideline these angry misleading voices who cause untold damage.

It would be good to see this nonsense, from left and right, fading from our discussions.

Oct 13, 2022, 00:36

Yes, a good verdict. Everyone has the right to freedom of speech, but even in a free society. the freedoms of others would limit our freedoms. 

We have freedom of movement, but we have to respect that if someone else is already in the space- we can't just push them out of the way because their freedom of movement outweighs our own in that situation. 

Slander and defamation of character happen daily, but when people make money out of it, it is breaking the law. 

It is amazing that Alex Jones has such a large audience. Why do people want to be deluded?
DumbMike and Beeno love his stuff. 

Oct 13, 2022, 00:49

Sharktwat cannot resist the opportunity now can you.

Oct 13, 2022, 01:10

Add Farter to that list...

Oct 13, 2022, 11:17

SB

\Who is Alex Jones - never ehard of him before?     So how can I love his stuff?    

If there is anyone believing the fake news and conspiracy theory stuff look no further than you.   By the way if the US uses the FBI to silence  and ban real news - what about freedom of speech then.             

Oct 13, 2022, 16:28

Jones is a strange character.

Unfortunately, he’s been correct on stories and done so long before anybody else, on many occasions.

Take the Epstein story.

Twelve years back, Jones was talking about Epstein, his island and the fact that elites were being taxied to the island and likely abusing under age girls there.

Was he right? Yes, he was. Did people listen? No they didn’t.

Here’s the tricky part.

Had you heard him talking about it back then, would you have considered it a wild conspiracy? Probably, right?

But what would you have based that assessment on?

Jones is to blame for adding to the misery of parents that lost their children in that shooting.

But who is to blame for not listening to Jones RE Epstein, calling him a conspiracy nut case, and in so doing helping to allow the abject misery that girls on that island suffered?

It’s easy to say “let’s get rid of conspiracy theorists”. It’s much harder to know what should be gotten rid of and even harder to figure out who should be the judge and jury deciding such things.

Oct 13, 2022, 16:46

Even a stopped watch is right twice a day.

What he put those parents through is beyond forgiveness.

Show the ego of a cunt that began to believe his own madness, no excuse no matter if he was right about something in the past.

Oct 13, 2022, 17:16

We need to validate that Jones did in fact say this, long ago. We cant base an argument on this until we have established it is fact. 

Also, it did appear to be common knowledge amongst many and was conveniently brushed under the carpet by the mega-rich so there were already people saying this long before Jones.

Epstein was tightly connected with the richest 3% of the population. Both the left and the right.
Prince Andrew was one of his best pals, and that woman with black hair Maxwell, who is from an aristocratic background. The left can take claim of Epstein's friendship with Bill Gates and Bill Clinton.

Oct 13, 2022, 17:19

Sader, Jones has been right about a bunch of stuff.

He’s probably been wrong about more though.

…and very out there about even more.

But the question remains, who gets to decide what is conspiratorial nonsense and what isn’t?

Oct 13, 2022, 17:35

It's got to the stage that the madness has infected the masses. These conspiracy nuts are their own worst enemies, that make up so much bs that any truth is drowned in layers of obvious crap and the average Joe just blocks it all out.

Personally I have reached the stage where I take it all as bs, simply because of the fact so much of the shit they claim is obviously made up.

Idiots like beenshit and mad Mike are so far down the rabbit hole no one can take anything  they say as fact even if 1% of it is actually true.

Anything these morons claim I automatically write it off as lunacy.

Which in some ways is good as I know I am right 99% of the time by taking the opposite view

Oct 13, 2022, 17:38

SB

Conspiracy theories are more often used by both the rightwing and leftwing elements.    In essense the theories are based on real events and some unfounded interpretations.

What cannot be a conspirascy theory is the Russian Hoax used by the Democrats to undermine the Trump Administration, since it was based on lies concocted by the Democrats themselves - and lapped up by idiots on this site as well.   

I( do not react to conspiracy theories like the Jones one since they are normally not factual interpretations of real events.    However, media and political lies are what I react to and you tend to publish on site,       

Oct 13, 2022, 17:51

aCF

Becauae I differ on issues from you like SB you dragged me into the rat hole in this case.   I  did not even know about this case and agree Jones made many people who lost children grieving afresh.   

What I am against is media and political propaganda lies and that is really not conspiracy theories - what I wrote on site I have real proof of and I use many sources to verify my statements on site.   It differs from the BS you people write on site and when you are asked about sources it turns out to be falsified and lying newspaper propaganda reports.

I am not a fanatic like Beeno  who thrive on the same kind of sources you and SB use - but in his case extreme rightwing sites - which I never visit.         

Oct 13, 2022, 18:06

I don't care what sources you use, you are so fucked up about the democrats that you will swallow any bs that suits you.

Sorry mad Mike but I take any claims you make as bs simply because you claim anything as fact that supports your warped view on the world.

If you could take a step back and try to look at things in a rational light I might believe some of your claims but you just come across as a brainwashed moron with a blinkered viewed on the world. 

Have you ever posted anything but negative comments on the left. According to you they are Satan in man's clothing that have never done one thing right or in the interest in people.

Stop just posting that anyone from the centre or left has done nothing but evil. People like you are trying to lead everyone into 1984 (as long as it fits your world view).

Why is it always the Christians that love the idea of shitting on everyone with a different life outlook. I am sure I am closer to your supposidly Jesus teachings than any of you.

All you seem to do is spout hate to everyone that doesn't agree with your narrow minded views?

Oct 13, 2022, 18:14

Politics is an open game, but targeting parents that have lost a child is disgusting. 

Oct 13, 2022, 18:39

Well in the good old days a publication like The NY Times could be relied upon to give you factual news. Now they are so politically infected they are almost as unreliable as the bloggers. Fox the same.

So in today’s world it’s up to the consumer to make some critical judgements. That means even if the message is music to your ears, coincides with your own biases, you have to force yourself to be critical. 

If you don’t you are simply a pawn out there. About 15 years ago I was embroiled in a very public corporate controversy, for a while I was talking to the press every day. I found the Wall Street Journal reported the real facts far more faithfully. In part I believe because their readership is comprised of a diverse audience.

So there’s one test that may make sense….get your information from sources whose customers come from both sides of the aisle.

Oct 13, 2022, 19:12

Trouble is its getting harder to know the truth from the bs.

In my day the news reported the facts but now I question every news source.

It's got to the stage I question  all sources and it's getting  harder to sift through the bs.

I try to take a central view and ignore the far right along with the far left.

Is everything I think is true even I can't  tell these days.

To many brainwashed fools and people with agendas to really know.

Oct 13, 2022, 19:35

CF

I agree with you on this comment.   I am also confused at times - but I also like to see what opposition views are.   However, when an organization like the FBI leaked info to the newspapers or approach Zuckerman to bury the Hunter Biden Laptop story by calling it Russian Disinformation it stinks to High Heaven.  

The involvement of Hunter Biden in Ukraine corruption is factual - so there can be no doubt about it.   What was appalling was when Hunter and his father operate Joint Bank accounts and Hunter complained about having to share his takings  with his father - it gives me the creeps.

Some of the Biden and Democrats policies are at best ultra-leftwing - like the Open Border policy and the  defunding of the police initiative is causing massive rises in crime in the USA. The USA Government has to borrow massive amounts of money to finance their spending sprees on current expenditure - their deficit spending accounts on average the equivalent of $6 billion per day.   In the Biden Presidency the debt of the US Government increased from $23,5 trillion to $31,4 trillion in only 20  months - that means inflation is inevitable  and that effect all people worldwide.    Reason - the Democrats has moved so far to the left they can be regarded as ultra-leftist.   

Oct 13, 2022, 19:35

CF

I agree with you on this comment.   I am also confused at times - but I also mlike to see what opposition views are.   However, when an organization lioke the FBI leaked info to the newspapers or approach uckerman to bury the Hunter Biden Laptop story by calling it Russian Disinformation it stinks to High Heaven.  

Th e involvement of Hubnter Biden in Ukraine corruption is factual - so there can be no doubt about it.   What was appalling was when Hunter and his father operate Joint Bank accounts and Hunter complained about having to share his takings  with his father - it gives me the creeps.

Some of the Boden and Democrats policies are at best ultra-leftwing - like the Open Border policy and the  defunding of the police initiative is causing massive rises in crime in the USA. The USA Government has to borrow massive amounts of money to finance their spending sprees on current expenditure - their deficit spending accounts on average the equivalent of $6 billion per day.   In the Biden Presidency the debt of the US Government increased from $23,5 trillion to $31,4 trillion in only 20  months - that means inflation is inevitable  and that effect all people worldwide.    Reason - the Democrats has moved so far to the left they can be regarded as ultra-leftist.   

Oct 13, 2022, 19:59

I still don't  understand  why so many people (Americans especially)  seem so anti helping their fellow man.

They appear to have some warped belief about the rich have special status and any average Joe is just there to be treated as a slave to make the rich even richer.

I ran my company for nearly 30 years and would never got to where I am today without the people that worked for me. This far right bs that the USA seems to follow is just so far beyond my understanding, yet for some reason the workers think the top 3% have a right to fuck the 97% over.

And for some reason the majority on here think that is a good thing.

Oct 13, 2022, 20:38

Class beliefs started with the British, but maybe with the Indians or the Greeks. The US is only mildly class conscious and look at any international disaster you will find private American citizens are generous donators. 

The economy is in the hands of public companies who are built on generations of human resource development and chock full of benefits, savings plans and retirement plans. 

Sure there are always a few bad apples but no public company is screwing over their employees in the year 2022.

Oct 13, 2022, 20:47

In do not think it in fact is a good thing,   What bothers me is that it can establish an alliance  between the Democratic Party and the top billionaires who runs the country at present and is similar to what happened in Nazi-Germany in the 1930's 

The problem is that in the case of the working and middle classes the Democratic Party was their main support base until the early 21st century,   However, the Party has abandoned the working and middle classes and is now the Party of the ultra-wealthy and the political and social elite.

One must see the effect of this abandonment in the media largely owned by the ultra-rich  and that is the biggest propaganda outlets for the  wealthy and their partners in the present Government.

There is another problem that came from a social survey and that is that there are close to a million people living on street pavements and in parks - while an average 17 million children goes to bed hungry in the USA.    The Government can and do spend billions on providing aid to Ukraine - yet there is no money available to assist the starving children.

Oct 13, 2022, 23:32

No doubt you are getting your stats from one of the organizations like Feed America, whose existence and whose salaries is dependent on their being a problem. This is the official take from USDA:

• Children are usually protected from substantial reductions in food intake even in households with very low food security. Nevertheless, in about 0.7 percent of households with children (274,000 households), one or more child also experienced reduced food intake and disrupted eating patterns at some time during the year.

That would say perhaps there occasionally isn’t always ample food for 500,000 kids assuming 2 kids per household. Not 17 million kids and not every night. And food insecure is a very low bar, hardly starvation.

Any hungry kid is not a good thing, but exaggerating the problem is typical of today’s weaponized advocacy. Obviously you never got my point about checking your source.

Oct 14, 2022, 05:39

Do you really believe that inflation and price increases did not disrupt food supply to poor families?     Maybe I should clarify my statement - it did not mean that 17 million  children went to bed hungry every day of their lives - but are subject to it from time to time.    

Although the inflation rate are officially given as between 8 and 9% some food items and vegetables have gone up by as much as 22% and the real income of the people has not corresponded with the real incomes of the poor and a large sector of the working class.     Even when they got increases it never met the real price increases.

The situation is further bedeviled by shortages of certain products - like for instance baby formula - and dairy and vegetable products are under threat because of the increase in production costs by the increase in petrol and diesel prices.    There is a limit to what ordinary farmers can afford to invest in productive farming and if they cannot use the modern equipment for production purposes real production will not be sufficient to feed the USA,  

One of the side-effects of the Ukraine War is the fact that the USA used to import most of the  fertilizers needed for productive farming from Russia and that supplies are in short supply already and shortages have pushed up production costs as a result.   I saw something to the effect that the Biden Administration has removed fertilizers from the sanctions list - but the end result would be that it will come at a higher price that would result in reduction of food production on farms - which will cause further food shortages in shops and push up prices even further.

The real impact of inflation and shortages of agricultural produce is not as big a problem for the wealthy as it is for the poor and the working class.   

Although you discredit the findings of Feed America  and other similar organizations - the reports of US Federal Government Departments are also under question since they effectively had to produce false reports to cover up Governance inefficiencies  and the problem is clearly worse than the US Government pretend it is.   There are statistically 7 284 000 poor families in the USA based on Government statistics.    Why would only 274 000 of those be affected by food insecurity -ie 3.76% of the poor?    It seems to be another problem the Federal Administration  is trying to hide away and cover up.    

Oct 14, 2022, 05:39

Do you really believe that inflation and price increases did not disrupt food supply to poor families?     Maybe I should clarify my statement - it did not mean that 17 million  children went to bed hungry every day of their lives - but are subject to it from time to time.    

Although the inflation rate are officially given as between 8 and 9% some food items and vegetables have gone up by as much as 22% and the real income of the people has not corresponded with the real incomes of the poor and a large sector of the working class.     Even when they got increases it never met the real price increases.

The situation is further bedeviled by shortages of certain products - like for instance baby formula - and dairy and vegetable products are under threat because of the increase in production costs as a result of the increase in petrol and diesel prices.    There is a limit to what ordinary farmers can afford to invest in productive farming and if they cannot use the modern equipment for production purposes real production will not be sufficient to feed the USA,  

One of the side-effects of the Ukraine War is the fact that the USA used to import most of the  fertilizers needed for productive farming from Russia and that supplies are in short supply already and shortages have pushed up production costs as a result.   I saw something to the effect that the Biden Administration has removed fertilizers from the sanctions list - but the end result would be that it will come at a higher price that would result in reduction of food production on farms - which will cause further food shortages in shops and push up prices even further.

The real impact of inflation and shortages of agricultural produce is not as big a problem for the wealthy as it is for the poor and the working class.   

Although you discredit the findings of Feed America  and other similar organizations - the reports of US Federal Government Departments are also under question since they effectively had to produce false reports to cover up Governance inefficiencies  and the problem is clearly worse than the US Government pretend it is.   There are statistically 7 284 0000 poor families in the USA based on Government statistics.    Why would only 274 000 of those be affected by food insecurity -ie 3.76% of the poor?    It seems to be another problem the Federal Administration  is trying to hide away and cover up.    

Oct 14, 2022, 09:08

“ So in today’s world it’s up to the consumer to make some critical judgements. That means even if the message is music to your ears, coincides with your own biases, you have to force yourself to be critical. ”

Yea, i agree 100%. People should be able to decide for themselves.

For me, the place to start is by reclassifying social media companies. They are either publishers or they aren’t.

Their current status basically makes them the perfect vehicle for sponsored disinformation and the suppression of factual and valuable information.

Let’s look at just the last two years. They censored qualified practitioners and logical people raising concerns over different aspects of the COVID narrative. Same with the Biden laptop story. They’re also censoring discussions around gender and global warming. If you say that Africa is struggling because Africans currently are of low IQ, that’s deemed racist and ban worthy…despite it being very obviously true.

So, not only are they affecting election results, economies and healthcare…they’re also acting as moral arbiters in deciding what truths are allowed to be spoken.

And how often are they wrong? Well, they were wrong about Hunter’s laptop and it ended up affecting an election. They appear to have been very wrong about COVID. Their moral stance of Africans is very clearly doing Africans now favours.

If we want to get rid of conspiracies, they’re likely the ones who’re going to be in charge of doing so and it seems to me that when social media declare something as disinformation or conspiracy…it’s all to often true.

I agree that everyone should be in charge of their own decisions on what to believe. That thinking should be followed to conclusion.

Discussion shouldn’t be suppressed, it should be promoted. Allow ideas to run the gauntlet of open and free discussion and we shouldn’t be seduced by the ease of having somebody else decide what is true and what isn’t.

As with Jones, libel and defamation laws are already in place. So too are their laws against incitement, threats of violence, illegal capture and sharing of data etc etc. That’s what the police and courts are for.

Conspiracy theories of all types should be 100% allowed and if the law is broken then it’s up to the courts to dish out orders and punishment.

Conspiracy theories, in my opinion, aren’t remotely as dangerous as what social media in its current form is.

Oct 14, 2022, 16:04

@ButtPlug, Your problem is not social media, it is that your understanding of reality is different to the mainstream.

If you want to a social media platform that agrees with your ideology you can sign up for Truth Social. No one is forcing you to use Facebook etc.

Most people believe that vaccine disinformation should be banned from social media. If there were any valid basis for questioning the vaccine, it would be allowed. (e.g. A logical argument with proof). Not someone sitting on the toilet doing Covid vaccine research while on their laptop). 

Of course, Facebook should not be used as a platform for hate speech. The right feels they are being victimised, but people from the left would face the same consequences. Facebook would remove Antifa hate speech, just like they should do with 

The vaccine is backed by science. You may consider this left wing, but others consider it reality- and does not have any political connotations. 

As for your comments on black people, it just seems in inappropriate to do so on Facebook. Just like going on live TV, or in the newspapers.

I am not a fan of an African government or even their society with starving parentless children etc. However, I would not go on TV or Facebook and say the cause of this is they are stupid. 
It would not be very constructive to an already bad situation.

Oct 14, 2022, 22:52

Lol Numbnuts

A perfect example right there.

You don’t disagree that lack of intelligence is Africa’s main problem.

But you’re happy with people getting banned for saying it…why? Because you feel it’s inappropriate and wouldn’t help.

Think about that for a moment.

Now ask yourself, is Africa making progress? SA isn’t, it very very clearly isn’t. The place is failing at virtually every level.

Why?

Well, if you ask the average African, he’ll tell you that Africa isn’t making progress because of colonialism, white monopoly capital and, as Zuma’s ex recently explained, municipalities are failing today because of apartheid.

So instead of attacking the route cause, which is very clearly education, the focus is still on white boogeyman. And it’s only because Africa is treated with kid gloves that this is allowed to continue. TO AFRICA’S DETRIMENT.

Would you say that whites are holding Africa back? Are whites, in Europe, the US and Africa, the cause of it’s woes…of which there are many?

How often have you seen the claims that perpetuate this cycle being labelled as disinformation, which it is?

Starting to see the light yet, numb nuts?

On the one side you have someone saying that intelligence is the problem, but it’s fixable. Advocating for directly attacking the clear cause of the problem, but to start by unfortunately admitting a hard truth…that person is banned.

On the other hand you have people perpetuating a clearly destructive victimhood mentality that any fool can tell is moving people further away from rising to the modern world. Infecting young people’s minds with a mental virus that won’t ever help them achieve anything. And give African politicians ever more leeway to plunder as they go because when all else fails they can always blame whites.

In summary, your argument is…ban and censor hard truths.

I guess the difference between you and I is that i don’t give a shyte about “nice” because being nice isn’t gonna get Africa anywhere. I actually want Africa to succeed, as soon as possible. You would rather see them struggle for many decades to come rather than risk your neck and be honest about what the problem is.

Sure, fishnuts…it’s me that lives in an alternate reality ;)

Oct 15, 2022, 00:33

ButtPlug, the problems in African society are undeniable. It is the poorest continent in the world and probably the lowest IQ. 

I don't see how not calling them stupid is going to make them struggle for decades.
So, if I called Africans stupid, would that suddenly transform Africa into a smart continent? 

Africa needs a China dictator to run the place. Democracy wont work as the middle class is a tiny minority. 

China has a rapidly growing middle class even with a dictator CCP. They limited the number of children people can have, which was critical for such a fast improvement. If a nation has a majority of poor and unemployed people the only way to go forward is too slow population growth while the economy GDP catches up. That would not be considered liberal, but it is practical and proven. 

Oct 15, 2022, 02:43

SB

Ignorance is bliss in your case.   The Maoist one-child policy of the Chinese  Government has been dropped since the late 1970's and is not applied in China anymore.    

The following report indicates clearly the impact of development of the Chinese  Middle Class - it has nothing to do with the development of a private sector middle class as applicable to so-called capitalist countries, 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/why-chinas-middle-class-s_b_4143250#:~:text=SYDNEY%20--%20Much%20is%20expected%20of,the%20prospect%20of%20a%20democratic%20China.&text=SYDNEY%20--%20Much%20is,of%20a

Take for instance the middle class in the USA.    The traditional Middle Class in the USA is under constant attack by the present Regime.    Insofar as future middle class development  is concerned the USA Middle Class is based on the Chinese Model more than the traditional Middle Class concept where the economy is controlled by the Party and by a small ultra- rich  capitalists and the Middle class being the management  and the total system being State-and major capitalist controlled - the latter being based on the traditional Fascist model of an alliance between the Socialist Government in partnership with the 3% ultra-rich capitalists.

In other words the  Middle Class now being envisaged developed is nit based on businesses  being con trolled by private sector development of private ownership of business enterprises - but total control of such businesses being socialist style overall controlled by the Government,  

In Western Society the traditional middle class is a brake on Government control and excesses - in the case of  the USA - the whole economic system enviosaged by the present Regime is based on the Fascist model of State control of everything in life by a relatively small group of political and capitalist super stars acting as an alliance - which has nothing to do with   Democracy.  

Oct 15, 2022, 07:18

VisKop

Let me summarise.

“African’s problems are because of whites because Africans are equally intelligent to people on other continents.”

That is straight-up disinformation. And the perpetuation of it will only prolong Africa’s suffering.

It is a promoted narrative while being factually incorrect.

So, i’ll ask again…who gets to decide what should be censored and are we sure that censoring people does more good than harm?

Are we sure of how extensive the consequences are?

Oct 15, 2022, 07:41

The vaccine is backed by science.

Pfizer just admitted that they had no idea about whether the vaccine can stop transmission of the virus when they let it loose. That's not "backed by science".

Both Fauci and Biden stated that the vaccine provides full immunity, that the virus will stop at a vaccinated person and go no further. Lies that powered mandates that made people lose their jobs, prevented them from traveling, in some countries prevented them entering a shop for basic goods. Guilt tripped people not at risk into getting the vaccine "for the good of others".

All of that cheered on by the "backed by science" people like you.

Oct 15, 2022, 09:36

VisKop, as usual, requires things spelled out to him.

What i’m trying, and failing to get into your tiny peanut, is that censorship is already beyond what is factual and what is not and is now in “moral” territory.

…and i’m completely sure that you can’t extrapolate the consequences from there.

I don’t know why i bother.

Oct 15, 2022, 11:20

@Pakie, Mozart answered a similar rebute about the vaccines on another post recently which summarised the status quo well.

E.g. The Covid vaccine is like the flu vaccine. It is not perfect, but it does reduce severe sickness and deaths - no one can reasonably argue with that.
It has failed as a tool to slow transmission, but it is not useless. 

Initially it was not clear how much Covid would mutate, but it has since been evident that it does mutate significantly. Not as much as flu, but still significant.

Their was always talk about the potential need for booster vaccines.

The viral load (infectiousness) of Covid has increased significantly- faster than science anticipated.
This has made the original vaccine almost useless at preventing the spread of Covid. 

So what Fauci said at the time (about reducing infections) was valid at that time, but certainly not against Omicron. 

I just had a booster vaccine that is bivalent, in that it was designed for both Omicron and the 1st version of Covid. This is a much stronger vaccine and will reduce transmission of Covid. Again unfortunately it will not guarantee to slow transmission - particularly as Covid continues to mutate. It will however be even better than the current vaccine at reducing deaths and severe sickness.

The latest vaccine will give people a few months at least, when they are less likely to get Covid. Useful over the winter season. 

Oct 15, 2022, 11:42

SB

You must be kidding - nobody bar the Biden fanatics and their media arm ever claimed that vaccinations prevent the spreading of Covid by vaccinated people or other and that it prevents infections.     Your following comments are utter BS and totally unscientific:-

"One thing is certain  the latest vaccine will give people a few months where they are less likely to get Covid."

The second issue is enforcing vaccination of children - who are not subject to any real threat by Covid is a real farce and moneymaking method by the manufacturers and their corrupt partners in Government.    Faucci is just one of those.   He is leaving the US Federal Public Service in January 2023 because he feared that the scam he and other Government employees will be exposed by the newly elected House and Senate - after lying to the  Senate about gain in function research at the Wuhan laboratory.    

The protection of him and politicians and co-workers in the Federal employees will be exposed in further investigations by both the House and Senate and the protection ofr him and other criminals in the Federal Government will be drastically reduced.    So lets wait and see what happen on 8 November 2022 and see what the consequences will be after that date,

Oct 15, 2022, 12:06

Sure DumbMike, sure...

Oct 16, 2022, 01:20

Here’s the CDC view which has evolved from 90% protection,  to preventing serious  illness. Fairly similar to flu shots. The point is initially we were wide open to the disease and the vaccinations were critical in building up resistance. But it’s still sensible to be vaccinated:

COVID-19 vaccines were first authorized for emergency use in the U.S. in December 2020.  Studies following the use of the vaccines showed approximately 90% protection against symptomatic infection, severe illness, and death. By July 2021, we saw decreased vaccine effectiveness against infection as new variants emerged, and CDC put forward recommendations to continue masking, even for people who had received a primary series. Over the ensuing months and in the context of updated vaccine booster recommendations, more than 20 ACIP meetings have publicly reviewed data on vaccine effectiveness and have provided real-time data demonstrating COVID-19 vaccines and boosters remain highly protective against severe illness and death. Importantly, the rates of COVID-19–associated hospitalizations and deaths are substantially higher among unvaccinated adults than among those who have received a primary series and those who are up to date with recommended COVID-19 vaccination, particularly among adults aged ?65 years. Protection provided by the current vaccines against symptomatic infection and transmission is less than that against severe disease and diminishes over time, especially against the currently circulating variants. For this reason, it is important to stay up to date, especially as new vaccines become available.

Oct 16, 2022, 03:40

Mozart

Some people are in a jam as to vaccination.  I got the two initial shots  in June and August respectvely -  but not any further shots.   The Government borrowed R560 million from the IMF to fund new vaccines for follow-up vaccinations - but thus far they have despite persistent efforts been unable to convince the ordinary people to accept follow-up vaccination and the vaccines are not used and may go bad soon.

Not sure why - but the vaccinations are not popular.   Maybe it has to do with the fact that in the whole Western Cape there are only 246 active cases of infection in an area with a population of 4,7 million people - in areas outside of Cape Town there are only 48 active cases.    In the case of the Hessequa Municipality where I live with a population of 65 000 people there are only 2 active cases.    The trend was the same in winter and we are now entering the summer season when infections are lower than they used to be in winter. 

You may argue that the above may be due to poor medical services - but in the Western Cape   services are far better than in other SA provinces and their vaccination programs used to be very effective.            

You need to Log in to reply.