Another challenge for Rooi

Forum » Beenos Trumpet » Another challenge for Rooi

Jul 04, 2020, 07:25

Nice and simple one for you today Rooi.

It has two parts. Part one is how and part two is why.

1) Take a 1000mm x 1000mm granite surface. Describe to me how you would flatten this surface so that the it is flat to within 1/20 the thickness of a human hair. Note that you are only allowed copper, bronze and meteorite tools.

2) Considering the difficulty of this task, explain why you'd want such precision if it has no bearing on the function of the final product. 

I await your sarcastic, vague and unproductive answer.

Thus, I'll also open the floor to anyone else that may want to try their luck.

PS I don't know the answer...obviously.

Jul 04, 2020, 08:54

DumbPlum, can I just understand something first . . . why are you asking me this?

Do you think I'm some kind of structural engineer or something? Have I ever tried to give you the impression I'm some kind of expert in granite or building pyramids? Huh?

The other thing that's a little unclear for me is you saying this little challenge of yours is "nice and simple" but then admitting you don't actually know the answer to these "nice and simple" questions. If you don't know the answer then how would you know if my answer is a good one or not?

No sarcasm, don't think I'm being vague but yes, my answers/questions are admittedly unproductive up to now. Still, these are valid questions if I'm to to understand the context of what you're asking from me . . . which I don't.

Jul 04, 2020, 10:45

Bump Plum just read a chappie paper, and now feels smart with this new knowledge

Jul 04, 2020, 11:35

That or else he's posting while he's stoned again.

I mean really, what kind of a question is that? You have a piece of granite and you need to flatten it to some precise degree . . . and now I'm expected to say why I need it to be so even.

It's like me saying to DumbPlum: You have a potato. You need to cut the potato into 3 identical pieces using a ballpoint pen . . . now tell me how you would do it and why you would want to do that. Oh and by the way, I don't know the answer. 

So Plum, why would you want three identical pieces of potato . . . or are you too chicken to answer? I bet I get some vague or sarcastic reply.

Jul 05, 2020, 12:37

Wasn't stoned, Rooi.

Just made a quick post to warm up the fingers before I started work.

Been on an ancient engineering kick lately and remembered that you said most ancient megalithic structures could be explained by mass labour over much time.

The work in question here is not massive, did not require a huge labour force and would not have taken years to complete. Rather, the focus is on precision.

When I said "an easy one" I meant the question/task was easy to understand.

Anyway, there are two ways in which precision would come about. The first is a requirement for precision in terms of function, like gear teeth needing to fit perfectly. The second is when the tool used is so precise that extreme precision is natural consequence of simply using the tool, like drawing a circle with a compass.

The object in question here is a sarcophagus. 

That begs the question, why would such precision be required for something that someone was simply going to be laid to rest in? It points to the second explanation for precision, that of precise tools creating perfect work. See where I'm going with this?

The difference between my question and yours is that mine refers to existing ancient pieces that are a true mystery while yours is kinda meaningless. I'm sure you'll agree.

In summary, I quite thoughtfully attempted to question your mass labour force over time explanation with an ancient achievement that displays extreme precision instead.

I know you're not an engineer and all I'm doing is making some conversation on an interesting topic. 

Again, I'm sure you'll agree that it's better than being at each other's throats endlessly.

Would you like me to refrain from doing so in future?

Jul 05, 2020, 13:48

"Would you like me to refrain from doing so in future?"

No, feel free to discuss anything you like and if I find it interesting I'll join in.

What I would ask you to refrain from doing is posting everything that comes into you head as some kind of  "challenge" to me.

Not sure how I've intimidated you to the extent that everything you direct at me has to be a challenge but that was never my intention.

Talking of challenges, I know we agreed that we'd finish our Starcraft game today at 14h00 but when I posted that I'd forgotten that F1 would be restarting and there's a Grand Prix on this afternoon. Happy to play later this evening or on another day.

Go Max!

Jul 05, 2020, 14:26

Cool. Let's do next Sunday and decide on a time during the week.

Jul 06, 2020, 08:22

Rooi,

How was the F1?

Try answer in the least intimidating way possible please ;)

Jul 06, 2020, 08:47

It was crap. A disastrous day for Red Bull.

I watched up until Max Verstappen's engine packed up and after that only watched bits and pieces so missed the Hamilton/Albon incident.

Jul 06, 2020, 09:56

I've never gotten into F1. 

And every time i try to ask people what the draw is, nobody can really pin it down. 

Seeing it live is probably pretty cool but on TV it just seems boring as hell.

Jul 06, 2020, 11:24

Ummmm . . . okay . . . but I must just say here that the question "How was the F1?" seems a bit odd coming from someone who has no interest in F1.

Wouldn't you agree?

Jul 06, 2020, 14:28

No, I wouldn't agree.

Perhaps I was hoping to set you up in order to ask you exactly what I've asked F1 fans previously regarding the draw of the thing.

As far as I can tell, it's a combination of team/engine/driver/. It was when Ferrari were dominating and regularly taking 1st and 2nd place, that I was trying to get into it. And it felt as though the car made up 90% of the power balance with team and driver each being worth about 5%.

I know that regulation updates since then have attempted to right that balance but have no idea how it played out and if it has amounted to F1 being more watchable.

Why are you so consistently cynical guy?

Jul 06, 2020, 14:54

Yes there's the technology, the glamour, the setting and all that other stuff, but at the end of the days it's a race and that's what attracts me. 

I love horse-racing, athletics, cycling, marathons, motor racing, motorcycle racing, boat racing, greyhound racing and just about any form of racing you can think of. Heck if I see two ants walking along the floor I'll pick a spot and bet with myself on which ant will reach the spot first. I've always been a bit obsessed with racing and F1 is no exception.

PS The one and only exception I can think of is the "sport" of walking. Olympic walking is without question the silliest sport ever invented. Go as fast as you can but not . . . ummm . . . very fast! I mean really. Plus the fact that they literally need a judge for every competitor to make sure he doesn't run makes it the silliest pastime ever.

Jul 06, 2020, 19:27

Actually it was an interesting  Grand Prix, for non noobs.  The return of McLaren to the podium, a spectacular pass by Leclerc on Perez ....part of a brilliant race from 7th to 2nd and a very encouraging performance by Racing Point.

It was also interesting watching Carlos Sainz competing against his future team....and  the departing driver, Vettel fully committed to getting in the points despite a mediocre car.

But all these things probably aren’t for the noob. Which makes one wonder, why he even bothered or never recorded the event.

Jul 06, 2020, 20:01

Uh-oh . . . I wouldn't have thought it possible but it sounds like Moffie knows less about Formula One than he does about rugby.

LMAO!

Jul 06, 2020, 20:07

The Noob thought it was a terrible race because the team named after a beer blew up.....no doubt that was cause enough for the old Lush to get deep in his cups.

LMAOFY&Y!

Jul 06, 2020, 20:32

Did anyone say beer?

Jul 06, 2020, 21:12

Red Bull is a beer?

LMAO!

Jul 06, 2020, 22:08

"Did anyone say beer?"

Yes, the F1 noob thinks there's a F1 team named after a beer.

Heineken Haas perhaps? Millers Mercedes? Budweiser Bull? Windhoek Williams?

I'm sure Moffie will be along shortly to tell us which F1 team is named after a beer . . . unless he's not just a noob but a coward as well!

LMAO!

Jul 06, 2020, 22:40

It’s Miller not Millers you dope....as for the car that sounds like a beer, this from Red Bool:

‘In 2013, Red Bull told the Redwell Brewery, a Norfolk micro brewery, to change its name or face legal action, because it sounded too similar to Red Bull.‘

From the Bools mouth their car sounds like a beer.

Jul 06, 2020, 22:42

They seek him here, they seek him there.....,hahaha!

Jul 06, 2020, 23:01

I see . . . so let me get this straight . . . the F1 car that is named after a beer is Red Bull . . . because even though Red Bull is actually an energy drink and not a beer, they have the word "Red" in their name which . . . ummmm . . . sounds a bit like a micro brewery in Norfolk called Redwell . . . so the car is therefore named after a beer.

Is that a fair summary of what you're trying to say, Moffie?

Jul 06, 2020, 23:11

No that’s a fair summary of what Red Bool are saying Peeper. They sued Redwell because of the similarity....ergo the car has a name  like the beer.

Companies don’t sue frivolously.  Stung dope!

Jul 07, 2020, 07:25

Look Moffie, I realize you're in a bit of a compromised position . . . calling someone a noob and then in the same sentence demonstrating to everyone just what a noob you are yourself. 

I also sympathize with you because you weren't able to do your usual deceitful and cowardly trick of quickly editing what you did say and pretending you said something else . . . because in this case your current Alpha-Gimp (of all people) dropped you in the shit by posting "did anyone say beer" shortly after your embarrassing gaffe which meant that to do your usual editing trick, you would have had to send the Squeaky Toy an email asking him to change his message to "did anyone say energy drink" and hope he'd comply quickly enough before the egg dried on your face.

I also realize that you're a self-important and pompous braggart who finds it very difficult to ever admit he made a mistake . . . but really, do better than "it sounds like Redwell so it's a beer." That is just plain embarrassing and I'm sure even your Servile Gimps are cringing for you.

LMAO!

There is no current F1 car that is named after a beer. 

Red Bull is not a beer, it's an energy drink. 

You made a mistake. Admit it and move on.

Jul 07, 2020, 09:39

And I'm still waiting for somebody to tell me how they would flatten a granite surface to within 1/20 of a human hair, with technology from 3000 years ago.

No takers?

Jul 07, 2020, 09:46

Well I can't help you DumbPlum. It's not that I'm too chicken to answer your question, it's because I don't have a clue.

Jul 07, 2020, 10:23

Plum, it must be some strange herb in your bong that takes you on these tangential trips.

Jul 07, 2020, 10:26

"Plum, it must be some strange herb in your bong that takes you on these tangential trips."

Maybe he's had one too many Red Bull?

LMAO!

Jul 07, 2020, 11:04

Maybe Max should consider a beer sponsorship...him being Dutch 'n all.

Jul 07, 2020, 11:12

I'm not a complete nutter though as I have just as much interest in definable topics.

This topic, in particular, is exploding right now. We are realising that there were way more of us and that we've been around a lot longer than we first thought. 

It's quite clear now that there was a long progression and then a reset that began a new progression. This has happened at least once. And we know jack about the guys prior to the reset. 

I want to know more about their techniques. 

Jul 07, 2020, 11:18

Tell me something, Squeaky Toy, just out of interest, when your Massster said this: ". . . because the team named after a beer blew up . . .", would you say he is wrong and there isn't a F1 team named after a beer or do you think he's right because . . . well, because of the the reasons he posted above about Redwell and whatever else?

It's not complicated and it's not a trick question. Either you think Moffie is right or wrong about a F1 team being named after a beer. Which is it?

Jul 07, 2020, 11:22

"It's quite clear now that there was a long progression and then a reset that began a new progression. This has happened at least once. And we know jack about the guys prior to the reset. "

That's "quite clear" you say, DumbPlum?

Not sure what you're basing that on but it's certainly not clear to me and I think the reason we know jack about the guys prior to the "reset" is because there was no "reset" and it's been the same species of mankind all along, just evolving as they go.

Jul 07, 2020, 11:44

"is because there was no "reset" and it's been the same species of manking all along, just evolving as they go"

Careful Piss Mint..... another typo

With your well known history of policing people on here with spelling, your continued lack of attention to your own detail in your posts..... is coming across as very hypocritical

Slow down.. or stop drinking when you post..... whichever one you can control better 

Jul 07, 2020, 11:46

Thanks DumbAss. Your spellchecking efforts are always appreciated.

PS Out of interest, would you answer the same question I asked the Squeaky Toy? He seems a little reticent. Is Moffie right or wrong when he says that the Red Bull F1 team is named after a beer?

Jul 07, 2020, 11:48

Well, to be fair Piss Mint, it is 2 in 2 days..... that I know of

I'm concerned

Jul 07, 2020, 11:52

"I'm concerned"

Thanks, but for what it's worth, I'm less concerned than you are. For starters it's not nearly as big a deal in my life than it is for you and secondly, I have the safety net of your secretarial skills to help me out if I make a typo. 

I did add a PS to my last post. Any chance you could answer the question that the Squeaky Toy is too afraid to answer?

Jul 07, 2020, 12:00

Ou Rudeneck, I have no master and it is crystal clear and obvious that Moz thought Red Bull is a beer...so it's also obvious that he has never had a Red Bull in his life...why is this so important to you?

Jul 07, 2020, 12:04

Too funny

You cannot script this shit

"Thanks, but for what it's worth, I'm less concerned than you are"

Rooinek
http://www.ruckersforum.com/images/avatars/A5E1AC23-D08F-D6C6-51B35FFFE920B653.jpg

RE: How goodis Audabn markham?
October 23, 2017, 11:19:24

Typical Dense, clutching at his tiny little gherkin because someone else made a typo!

Rooinek on Ruckers Forum

Rooinek

Hall Of Fame

9479 posts

Posted by: Rooinek (9479 posts)

Dec 07, 2019, 20:09

Wehe . . . a typo is all the old fool has left. How embarrassing!

Jul 07, 2020, 12:10

"I did add a PS to my last post. Any chance you could answer the question that the Squeaky Toy is too afraid to answer?"

I'm not afraid of answering anything arsehole, especially not to answer something truthfully...unlike you. I actually have a backbone and can admit when I'm wrong or when the answer might be uncomfortable. It certainly not a problem when the answer is so obvious, it didn't need asking in the first place....and BTW, you squeak way more than I do Bitterbal.

Jul 07, 2020, 12:14

". . . it is crystal clear and obvious that Moz thought Red Bull is a beer"

Thanks Squeaky Toy. Didn't think you'd give a straight answer but I'm glad you did.

It's not that important to me but as I've mentioned many times on this board, I'm constantly amazed by the lengths that Moffie will go to and try and pretend he hasn't made a dick of himself . . . and this laughable Redwell nonsense is another good example. That's all.

Jul 07, 2020, 12:18

"Didn't think you'd give a straight answer..."

Don't measure me by your own yardstick...I always give straight answers to straight questions.

Jul 07, 2020, 12:54

"I always give straight answers to straight questions."

You do?

Hmmmm . . . where was your straight answer to my straight question on this thread?

The question was pretty simple . . . do you believe Cowardunce's version of the "noble" prizes or do you believe that Bozo used the wrong word? Where is your straight answer to that question, Squeaky Toy?

Jul 07, 2020, 13:20

So let me fix that for you then, Squeaky Toy . . .

"I always occasionally give straight answers to straight questions."

There. That's better.

Jul 07, 2020, 13:41

I don't know. It can be either way. Trump has a history of gaffes, this can be another...who knows?

Must answer quicker or...

Jul 07, 2020, 13:46

Wow, and that only took you what . . . 8 weeks?

Anyway, Squeaky Toy, your definition of what constitutes a "straight answer" is noted . . . "dunno, maybe, could be, who knows?"

Jul 07, 2020, 13:50

Moving goal posts again I see...same old BS with you...No notes needed for me...I already know your MO...was expected...coward.

Jul 07, 2020, 14:11

Dunno . . . could be . . . maybe . . . who knows?

Jul 07, 2020, 15:54

Dunno . . . could be . . . maybe . . . who knows?

In this case I actually do. 

Jul 07, 2020, 16:12

I thought Red Bool was  a beer, maybe so....but it turns out by a strange quirk, the name is so right for a beer even Red Bool was concerned it could be confused with a beer.  So even when I’m wrong, I’m right.....stick with moz.

You on the other hand thought Miller is Millers....pretty stupid for a lush!

Now apologize to Draad Peeper, he called your bluff.

Jul 07, 2020, 16:20

I thought Fish Eagle was cheap South African whiskey...turned out to be brandy...goes to show, even big brands like Red Bull can be mistaken for something it's not.

Jul 07, 2020, 16:32

Why would one worry about a brand you have no interest in ....just as long as Glenlivet remains a scotch.

Jul 07, 2020, 18:50

Let's try wrestle this back from oblivion. 

Breaking the problem down might help.

It may be useful to ask if there were any devices in ancient Egypt able to test the flatness of a surface to within 1/20 of a human hair?

Or...

If there was any stone cutting technique that would create near perfect flatness of a large surface when employed.

Jul 07, 2020, 19:04

I don't understand indifference to beer, nor the dislike for it by some...bizarre...top ten inventions/discoveries of all time...right up there with the wheel, fire and electricity...no civilization can be complete without it.

"Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome."

Jul 07, 2020, 19:10

Plum, sorry for getting sidetracked and seemingly ignoring your topic.

What you ask has a simple answer...we don't know how and we don't know why. What we do know is that these structures were built by much more sophisticated people than History acknowledge and for much more intricate reasons than we can imagine.

We've been lied to about History...and about much other things...Why???? What are purposely being hidden from us...and why?

Jul 07, 2020, 20:09

So Moffie, you got schooled.

Not only did you learn that Red Bull is an energy drink rather than a beer (and not just another energy drink, the most popular and well-known energy drink in the world with more market share than any other brand), but you also learned the lesson that if you're going to call someone else a noob, make sure you don't say something embarrassingly stupid that makes it obvious to everyone else that you're actually the noob.

LMAO!

Hope you learned your lessons, loser. Until next time . . .

Jul 07, 2020, 20:45

Majoring in minors again...small victories...small things...

Jul 07, 2020, 20:53

"But beer’s place in the development of civilization deserves at least a raising of the glass. As the ever rational Ben Franklin supposedly said, “Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Several thousand years before Franklin, I’m guessing, some Neolithic fellow probably made the same toast."

I can't see anyone of note say something similar of an energy drink.:D

Jul 07, 2020, 21:27

Actually Draad  I switched to non alcoholic beer a long time ago. You can drink it at lunchtime, after golf, or even at work without any negatives. The taste is lighter but I’m to the point I actually prefer that and you only get 80 calories,

Peeper  your information is of no use to me. I have no need for an energy drink... I never suffer from lack of energy. As for your noobness....it derived from your clearly uninformed views on the Austrian Grand Prix. Whether Red Bool is an energy drink, a beer, or just sounds like a beer doesn’t alter the uninformed nature of your comments. Try to do better.

Jul 07, 2020, 22:26

Uh-oh . . . sounds like Moffie needs one more lesson . . . when to stay down!

LMAO!

Jul 08, 2020, 00:18

Peeper I see you haven’t apologized to Draad yet.....go ahead....admit your mistake, practice what you preach....wehe!

Jul 08, 2020, 06:51

Moz, I got to appreciate the non alcoholic beers a bit more during our lockdown-prohibition, but the real thing is just so much better. My favorites are on the lower end of alcohol content, but non-alcoholic tastes incomplete.

Jul 08, 2020, 06:52

Jul 08, 2020, 11:29

"We've been lied to about History...and about much other things...Why???? What are purposely being hidden from us...and why?"

It's quite possible that most it is down to reputations. The big voices in archaeology are ALL people with vested interests in keeping their version of events unchallenged. 

From a theological perspective, it's a can of worms. The older we confirm humanity to be the fewer people will buy into present doctrines. 

Then there is the possibility that the truth may be more than the powers that be deem humanity capable of assimilating into our reality. The old testament says that their were giants and that they were the offspring of humans and something else. Do we believe that?

The funny part is that the bible's version of events kinda correlates with what's being found now. Not necessarily in terms of the 6000 year business. When it talks about a previous versions a hybrid humanity, powerful and technological, and them being completely wiped from the face of the earth by some deluge, is where it seems closer to the truth than what mainstream archaeology does. 

Jul 08, 2020, 11:36

Beware Plum...treacherous waters...

Jul 08, 2020, 12:36

DumbPlum, you're often accusing others of ducking the issue or changing the subject but when I do try to engage you on one of your hairbrained theories you go quiet. 

Go check out my comment on this thread on July 07 at 11h22 . . . or I'll just repeat it here . . .

Jul 07, 2020, 11:22

"It's quite clear now that there was a long progression and then a reset that began a new progression. This has happened at least once. And we know jack about the guys prior to the reset. "

That's "quite clear" you say, DumbPlum?

Not sure what you're basing that on but it's certainly not clear to me and I think the reason we know jack about the guys prior to the "reset" is because there was no "reset" and it's been the same species of mankind all along, just evolving as they go.

What is this "reset" you speak of and why do you think it's so clear to everyone . . . or did you accept my comment that there was no such "reset" and change your mind on this issue?

As for the bible vs science debate, I personally would definitely believe what modern day scientists with all their education, access to information and modern technology have to say rather than a book that was written when people still believed the earth was flat and has been translated, edited and abridged hundreds of times over the years by various people all trying to bend it to fit their own personal agenda. 

To me it's a no-brainer but if you prefer the old book, that's your right. I've always agreed with Nietzsche that faith is for people who don't want to know the truth.

Jul 08, 2020, 14:10

Ah, I must have missed that comment Redtit.

I have no problem with the idea that it's been humans evolving as they go. 

Just that, at some point during that evolution, progress was passed through the eye of the evolutionary needle, perhaps by some event, and much knowledge was lost in the process. Knowledge which we have still not rediscovered, and may never.

That's also a factually true statement because, as you say, you have no idea how said flatness(above) was achieved. The reason you don't know is that nobody knows and no tools have ever found to explain it. This, despite us finding almost all the tools that were used to create vastly inferior work, of reportedly the same period.

Circling back to flatness. 

How can it be that the Egyptians wanted to tell us all about their grain, the Nile, beer making, animal migration, adoption and and and...but were entirely silent as regards their great engineering achievements, like near-perfect flatness of the hardest working material. Especially when you consider the portion of the economy and population that was dedicated to producing these works.

And this same theme is present in a lot of forms, at many locations, where the most astounding ancient works are found.

Jul 08, 2020, 14:24

Hang on, let's just focus on this bit for now . . .

"Just that, at some point during that evolution, progress was passed through the eye of the evolutionary needle, perhaps by some event, and much knowledge was lost in the process. Knowledge which we have still not rediscovered, and may never."

I don't know what that means or what you're basing that on. 

You're saying progress was passed through the eye of the evolutionary needle and much knowledge was lost . . . expand a bit on that if you don't mind.

Jul 08, 2020, 15:59

If you don't know what I mean, then you can't know what I'm basing it on.

The eye of the needle, in this instance, being a selective pressure. 

There was a population that was advanced up to a certain and currently unexplainable level, then there was a selective pressure placed on their cumulative ability, and those that survived made it through to the other side...by luck or by skill. The fewer people that made it through the less knowledge would have survived with them.

The selective pressure may have been a global disease, an asteroid impact, flooding or perhaps even a supervolcano. 

How else do you explain the older work, almost without fail, being more advanced than the newer stuff?

If ancient Egypt were to have evolved their ability in a largely uninterrupted linear progression, their craftsmanship would have continued to build on what came before so that the most recent works would be of the highest quality. 

Jul 08, 2020, 17:04

Okay, so to try and summarize, you're saying that around about 3000 years ago there was an advanced civilization co-existing with humans as we know them today but some event happened that caused a lot of the advanced guys to die so we lost a lot of their knowledge and this event is what you're calling a "reset"?

Jul 08, 2020, 17:55

‘Yes there's the technology, the glamour, the setting and all that other stuff, but at the end of the days it's a race and that's what attracts me.’

It was crap. A disastrous day for Red Bull.

I watched up until Max Verstappen's engine packed up and after that only watched bits and pieces so missed the Hamilton/Albon incident.‘

Hahahaha....interpretation the race was crap because Red Bool had a bad day......it’s not the race that attracts Peeper, it’s only Red Bool’s race.

Jul 08, 2020, 20:36

Moffie, you made a fool of yourself. There isn't a F1 team named after a beer and Red Bull is an energy drink.

It's not the first time you've had egg dribbling down your fat face and it won't be the last. Get over it, get a life and try to move on.

Jul 08, 2020, 21:20

"...you're saying that around about 3000 years ago there was an..."

More like 10K Years ago IMO.

Jul 09, 2020, 03:27

No, I'm saying that there was a civilisation which predated the Dynastic Egyptians by many thousands of years. And that all the great works of Egypt can be attributed to them.

A civilisation which was likely wiped out at the end if the last ice age when the sea level rose by over three hundred feet almost over night - about 12400 years ago.

If you are interested, here is a brilliant video that makes a compelling case for this argument. It basically calls out the Dynastic Egyptians as vandals and graffiti artits. 

The premise being that when you compare the workmanship of the objects to the engraving on the objects, it's clear that the engraving was done by a second, far less skilled group.

Jul 09, 2020, 08:06

"A civilisation which was likely wiped out at the end if the last ice age when the sea level rose by over three hundred feet almost over night - about 12400 years ago."

So, Atlantis?

DumbPlum, your video is over 40 minutes long so I haven't watched it all. I started watching and they were banging on again about all the blocks inside the pyramids that are taller and wider than the corridors . . . something I provided a simple explanation for some months ago . . . so I can't say I'm inclined to watch the rest unless it starts getting a lot more interesting very quickly.

Might be a lot easier and quicker if you simply confirm you're talking about Atlantis and we can move on from there.

Jul 09, 2020, 08:21

A) I'm not talking about Atlantis.

B) The Serapeum is an underground complex, so your idea, of building the structure around the boxes, doesn't fit. The complex was carved out of the bedrock.

C) The Serapeum is not under or near any pyramids.

You're probably not paying too much attention to the video so I shan't rag on you about details you may have missed or misunderstood.

From about 18 minutes it becomes very interesting. Where they begin to contrast the actual objects against the engravings on them.

Jul 09, 2020, 09:36

A serapeum is a temple dedicated to the deity Serapis, a Graeco-Egyptian deity.

There are many serapea so you shouldn't refer to "The Serapeum", you should refer to the serapeum of Saqqara (that's the one in the video anyway). There are other serapea in Egypt (Alexandria and Canopus) as well as several in Italy and Turkey.

The mere fact it's in Saqqara means it's near a lot of pyramids and/or mastabas, the most famous one being the Pyramid of Djoser and if you check out your video clip around 7:30 they talk of miles of tunnels under the stepped pyramid (which I assume is Djoser) so you might want to revisit your point "C" that the Serapeum is not near a pyramid when at least some of it's tunnels are directly under a very famous one.

I haven't watched much further than that but it does sound like the main point is that a lot of the work wasn't done by 30th dynasty pharaohs but much earlier than that. Fair enough, it wouldn't surprise me . . . probably just proves that the earlier dynasty pharaohs were even more cruel and had even more disposable workers than the more recent guys.

Jul 09, 2020, 10:17

Yes, it's not under a pyramid nor nearly under any pyramid. And that has nothing to do with the point anyway. We're arguing your strawman here. 

"...you should refer to the serapeum of Saqqara" - I know, but again, why is that of any relevance?

"...by 30th dynasty pharaohs but much earlier than that" Exactly...and the reason why your evolution of technique concept doesn't hold up here. If it did, the most recent works would be the finest.

"...probably just proves that the earlier dynasty pharaohs were even more cruel and had even more disposable workers than the more recent guys." Cruelty achieves higher workloads but not precision, technique or tools.

But good, you accept that the earliest work was the most well done.

Now, to return to the larger point. Across most continents, this theme of the earliest work being the finest, is found. South America has vast examples of exactly this same broken progression. Asia has it's own examples too. 

The other commonality is that writing, attributable to the builders, is never found at these sites. 

How and why were their means never recorded? Again, these were pinnacle achievements and nobody wanted to have a little brag or perhaps secure the techniques for future generations by recording them? 

It's odd.

Jul 09, 2020, 10:38

"But good, you accept that the earliest work was the most well done."

That's not exactly what I said, I was talking more about the volumes of work rather than the quality, but I'm not disagreeing with you about the earlier work being of a higher quality. Not yet anyway.

My position on this (and many other conspiracy theories) is that I'll look for a logical explanation based on scientific evidence before I start believing in things like alien astronauts, lost civilizations or biblical floods.

Jul 09, 2020, 10:55

"My position on this (and many other conspiracy theories)..."

Well, one look at the latest ladar data from Guatemala and you don't have to "believe" in "conspiracy theories".  Lost civilizations are entirely factual and we keep discovering more and more of them.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2018/02/maya-laser-lidar-guatemala-pacunam/

Note the term - Megalopolis.

Jul 09, 2020, 11:25

Okay, I should have said advanced civilizations that were lost. 

Yes, civilizations come and go . . . I'm just a bit more skeptical when it comes to these mysterious advanced civilizations with superior technology and stuff.

PS If you want a conspiracy theory to give you a laugh, check out BirdsArentReal.com

Jul 09, 2020, 11:38

I've been to Luxor, Valley of Kings and some other places in Egypt. 

At the time, i wasn't armed with any of this knowledge, which is a bit of a shame as it would have made the trip much more interesting.

Jul 09, 2020, 11:39

haha

Jul 09, 2020, 11:42

As far as is presently thought, the lost Guatemalan civilisation was an advanced one. Waterways, cross-continental roadways, precision stonework, etc.

Also, they're now understanding that these lost cities in South America were of similar size and also bigger than European cities of the time.

Jul 09, 2020, 11:49

From the FAQ . . .

I HAVE A PET BIRD, WHAT DO I DO?

Not to startle you, but you have a highly advanced governmental surveillance drone in your house, watching your every movement, picking up every word of your conversations, and sending that data into to the pentagon. “Pet Birds” were actually unheard of before 2001, when all Birds became surveillance drones. At this time, the government started a propaganda campaign normalizing “Pet Birds” (if you think about it, a Pet Bird in a cage doesn’t even make sense- the animals are supposed to have endless sky to explore, not to be held within a cage in a house). You would be best advised to not bring up any matters you’d prefer to remain confidential around your “Pet Bird”

Jul 09, 2020, 13:34

Well since you watched the video...

It strikes me as negligent, how mainstream archaeology completely overlooks the gulf in quality between the objects and the engravings on them? 

I mean those boxes in the Serapeum(of Saqqara), it looks like a bunch of kids scribbled stuff on the side of them. Nevermind the fact the engraving shows clear tool marks while the boxes themselves show none.

One wonders how a trained eye could overlook something so obvious. 

Jul 09, 2020, 14:55

Actually I've only watched about a quarter of the video. Not sure I'm interested enough to watch the rest even if I do get some time.

Jul 10, 2020, 09:17

I can't not be interested.

It's a legit mystery and it's entirely intriguing how such spectacular work would have no writing on it.

Consider taking years, decades or centuries to create something and not leaving so much as a symbol on it to say why it was made or who created it.

All this does is strengthen my resolve to become a documentary film maker once I retire :)

Jul 10, 2020, 17:05

Plum...the world still is a very interesting place.

Jul 11, 2020, 10:39

I know man haha.

My biggest dream is to retire with enough $ to explore sites of interest for extended periods.

I've always been an inquisitive so and so. My mother still says that I once learned how to ask "Why?", and have never stopped doing it since.

Other's find it annoying but I'm grateful for my wiring.

Jul 11, 2020, 11:35

DumbPlum, just for the record, in my own interactions with you you're seldom asking why and you're usually banging on about how it is.

Jul 11, 2020, 13:51

It's futile to question the obvious, but some obvious truths are still eluding some...sometimes feel like it's eluding most.

Jul 11, 2020, 13:55

Oh yeah?

Then you weren't keeping up with this thread as well as I thought you were.

Even as recently as...

"It's a legit mystery and it's entirely intriguing how such spectacular work would have no writing on it."

Or perhaps...

"One wonders how a trained eye could overlook something so obvious."

And how about...

"How and why were their means never recorded? Again, these were pinnacle achievements and nobody wanted to have a little brag or perhaps secure the techniques for future generations by recording them?"

So...what now?

Jul 11, 2020, 14:06

Plum, you are wasting your time on someone who's content with his world view and not prepared to consider other possibilities or scenarios...he wants his own to be true so much, he can't even imagine anything else. 

Jul 12, 2020, 11:56

My problem is exactly the opposite Draad.

"...he wants his own to be true so much, he can't even imagine anything else." 

Anyway, I've been reading about the lost labyrinth of Egypt.

There's a ton of figures, ranging from ancient to more recent in history, that have documented it. When combining all their descriptions, a clear idea of the labyrinth can be formed. Said to have thousands of rooms, halls, pillars and spans multiple levels beneath the ground. 

The Cretan labyrinth is recorded to have been modelled after it but is only a fraction the size of the Egyptian one. 

Word is, it's so massive and ornate that it may be a greater architectural achievement than what Khufu's is. Imagine that!!!

It's location is pretty we'll known and ground penetrating radar has even confirmed its whereabouts.  Strangely, the Egyptian authorities are refusing any exploration or study of the place.

Perhaps there's something in there that may make detract from Islam. Heaven forbid.

Jul 12, 2020, 12:27

Not sure why I'd wish so hard for my beliefs to be true . . . considering I don't believe in any kind of afterlife.

I'd love to be wrong and go to some clouds in the sky after I die where the angels play harps and I'm blissfully happy forever or even better go to the Islamic heaven and screw a different virgin every day . . . but I don't believe any of that stuff . . . I believe you get this one life and when you die the worms get you.

As usual, the Squeaky Toy's obsessive need to portray me in a bad light is clouding his capacity for reason.

Jul 12, 2020, 15:06

"... Toy's obsessive need to portray me in a bad light is clouding his capacity for reason...."

Your obsessive need to be an arse is obvious to all...I don't need to portray you as anything...you have done that all on your own...I just yell at your hypocrisy in the impossible hope that the clouds would lift someday. 

Jul 14, 2020, 10:58

For those interested, here is a link to an article about the lost labyrinth of Egypt. 

Pretty amazing stuff. 

Like Draad says, there's still so much to discover.

PS check out the ground scan lower down in the article. 

How is it that the Egyptian authorities aren't at all interested in investigating this place?

Where it to be excavated and opened up, it would easily become one of the biggest tourist attractions in the world.

https://www.ancient-origins.net/ancient-places-africa/lost-labyrinth-ancient-egypt-part-3-uncovering-its-location-002039

You need to Log in to reply.