Challenge Tests to get the vaccine faster

Forum » Beenos Trumpet » Challenge Tests to get the vaccine faster

Jul 16, 2020, 18:20

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53426367

Injecting people with the vax, and then injecting them with Coronavirus will determine if a vaccine works - and is safe. As it stands some of the vaccines may already work, and be safe. 

However, there is faffing around with long drawn out human testing trials.
Currently, people get the vaccine, then over the next 12 months if no one gets Corona - it must work.
That takes ages... Even at the advanced current stages. 

I am in favour of challenge tests to speed up the availability of the vaccine in a few scenarios: 

1. Prisoners with life sentences like murderers - can be pardoned and paid 10 million. :D. They have to volunteer willingly of course. 
  2. Young people between 18-28 have a 1/30.000 chance of dying. Again they get paid 10 million each if they want to partake in challenge tests. 
  3. Anti-vaxxers. We just randomly round them up and make them the guinea pigs. :)

Jul 16, 2020, 19:29

Grootbekke like you should put your money where your groot bek is.

Jul 16, 2020, 19:32

Jul 16, 2020, 19:33

If I was 21 years old, I would sign up in a flash to be paid 10 million. I would take the slim chance of anything going wrong. 

Jul 17, 2020, 19:06

I'd pay you that, Shark.

Even if there's only a small chance that it may have horrible side effects, it's still worth it.

Jul 18, 2020, 08:05

Saw a video of Fauci being asked questions about the vaccine by the House Energy & Commerce committee where he said the fastest vaccine they ever made was a year and a half.

Fauci: There are more failures (vaccines) than there are successes
Interviewer: About 6%
Fauci: Right

According to Fauci, on average it takes about 7 years to develop, test and make a vaccine available that actually works. Putting all life on hold to wait for one is a fool's errand.

Jul 18, 2020, 09:00

Exactly Pakie.

There's not a chance I'll be taking any rushed vaccine.

Not because I'm an anti-vaxer but if there is no long term study showing that it's safe, then I'll rather take my chances with Covid.

The frightening part is that there might be a vaccine that is rushed to market and within a very short time many people may accept it.

What if there is a long term side effect and we've given it to half the world's population? 

Jul 18, 2020, 09:48

ZOMBIELAND!!!

Jul 18, 2020, 12:30

The same Fauci who believes that the vaccine will be ready before the end of the year? 

So the whole world is on a fool's errand...

The research for COVID vaccines is not new.
It has been going on long before COVID 19, so there is research that is carried across from legacy projects. Take some time to read about it, looking at respectable media sources- instead of the Alabama tribune.

Everyone knows a vaccine can take long- but COVID is unprecedented - and there has never been this type of effort before. 

Currently, mass testing into thousands is starting in the UK and US. 
Brasil and South Africa have already agreed to be guinea pigs.
This will speed up the testing phase, with less concern about human rights that exist in the first world. 

The testing phase is as follows
1. Mice
2. Chimpanzee
3. Africa
4. The rest of the world.

@Bum Plum, 
You are one of the anti-vaxxers and therefore a designated guinea pig- so your opinion is irrelevant. Africa is now an official testing site for a few different possible vaccines. 
If you go to a hospital - it is not your choice. You will be given the vaccine. 

However, my guess is that the alt-right will take the vaccine in secret, and not tell anyone. Once they know it is safe- they will pretend they are tough guys that don't need the vax 
Church leaders will probably recommend not taking the vaccine -while they themselves take it...

Jul 18, 2020, 18:08

VrotKop

Do you know what percentage of vaccines are scrapped after passing short term tests but failing longer tests?

My guess is that you have no idea what that number is.

You need to Log in to reply.