Did Novak LIE? Huge twist as Border Force investigate bombshell claims

Forum » Beenos Trumpet » Did Novak LIE? Huge twist as Border Force investigate bombshell claims

Jan 12, 2022, 01:58

The Australian Border Force has launched a fresh investigation into Novak Djokovic after it emerged the tennis star may have lied on a travel declaration form before coming to the country.

Court documents released as part of the row over Djokovic's visa show his travel declaration form stated he would not travel to any other countries in the 14 days prior to boarding his flight to Australia on January 4.

In answer to the question: 'Have you travelled, or will you travel, in the 14 days prior to your flight to Australia? Giving false or misleading information is a serious offence. You may also be liable to a civil penalty for giving false or misleading information,' whoever filled out the form selected 'no'. 

That means the 34-year-old tennis player would have needed to remain in the same country since December 21.

But social media images appear to show that he was in Belgrade, Serbia, on December 25 and then in Marbella, Spain, from December 31 until catching his flight to Australia, via Dubai.

It is not clear whether admitting he had travelled to Spain would have automatically disqualified Djokovic from coming to Australia - however, lying on a travel declaration document is punishable by up to 12 months in jail.

News of the investigation is just the latest twist in the Djokovic border saga which saw him thrown in immigration detention on January 5 when the government ripped up his visa for not being vaccinated, before he was freed by a judge yesterday.

Djokovic is now in Melbourne where he has been pictured training at the Rod Laver Arena today, but his fate is still not assured after Australia's immigration minister threatened to use his personal powers to shred the tennis star's visa. 

HOW SOCIAL MEDIA GAVE THE GAME AWAY 

December 25: Belgrade, Serbia, Djokovic is pictured in a social post with handball player Petar Djordjic

December 31: Marbella, Spain, Djokovic is filmed training

January 2: Marbella, Spain, Djokovic is pictured training

January 4: Marbella, Spain, Djokovic is pictured training again before late boarding flight in Spain via Dubai to Australia

January 5: Melbourne, Australia, arrives early AM and is pictured at Australian border gate 

According to his sworn affidavit, Djokovic departed Spain on January 4 and had a stopover in Dubai before landing in Melbourne late on the night of January 5.

The timings mean Djokovic would have had to be in Spain from 11.30pm on December 22 AEDT, (1.30pm Spanish time) to comply with the rules not to travel within two weeks of arriving in Australia, the Herald Sun reported.

But social media posts show Djokovic playing tennis in the streets of Belgrade on December 25 while another post shared on the same day by Serbian handball star Petar Djordjic shows him posing with the tennis star.

'ONE AND ONLY !!!!! Thank you for the picture and for the nice wishes,' Djordjic captioned the photo.

Six days later on New Years Eve, footage emerged of Djokovic having a hit out on the tennis court in south-east Spain.

'We can confirm Novak Djokovic is ready for the Australian if possible!' Soto Tennis Academy captioned the footage.

A close-up photo posted by the academy shows Djokovic using tennis balls emblazoned with the Australian Open logo.

JANUARY 5, AUSTRALIA: Novak Djokovic stands at a booth of the Australian Border Force at the airport in Melbourne on January 5 after arriving from Spain, via Dubai© Provided by Daily Mail JANUARY 5, AUSTRALIA: Novak Djokovic stands at a booth of the Australian Border Force at the airport in Melbourne on January 5 after arriving from Spain, via Dubai

The maximum penalty for  providing false or misleading information to the Australian government is 12 months imprisonment.

Jan 12, 2022, 05:16

I still doubt the Covid claim when a day after he tested positive he carried on with civil activities  as if he was not required to isolate himself after  being tested positive.   He must surly have been banned from travelling within 14 days after being tested positive.  especially since he traveled from Serbia to Spain some time after Christmas. 

That is not going to be taken  kindly by the Aussie Minister and he may still tear  up the visa by the Minsiter and have him deported from Australia.    This is obviously a hot political potato  and the Aussie Government may not take kindly  to him in this case.     

Other examples  are  Nadal, Rublev and Shapovalov who played in Abu Dhabi on 18 December and from there travelled to Spain where all three tested positive even though they were fully vaccinated.    After being cleared of  the virus  they  only travelled from Spain to Australia after the 14 days lapsed.                  

Jan 13, 2022, 18:06

The dumb Aussie government has now known for a day that the Joker’s form was inaccurate. In the meantime the draw has taken place. How long does it take to decide, the facts are obvious. Ah but I guess the political ramifications are less obvious.

What an embarrassment for Criminal Colony.

Jan 13, 2022, 18:35

Lol...Diggers:D

The Diggers song

https://youtu.be/PRyDlVOE86U

Jan 13, 2022, 18:41

Mozart

The important thing is not the draw - it can be changed  and will be changed if  there is a change of Djokovic is  sent home and the opinion poll amongst 60 000 participants showed 80%   of the participants want him gone.   The Minister is the decider as to whether Djokovic is allowed to remain and participate  in the Aussie Open.   As you know politicians  are very careful when elections are imminent and that finding is going to be the one probably chosen.

The draw change will at most affect four players, namely -

*    move Medvedev to the position vacated by Djokovic;

*    move  Sverev to take up the position  vacated by  Medvedev;

*    move Tsitsipas to take up the position of Zverev; and 

*    move Rublev to the position  vacated by Tsitsipas

The other changes are administrative and imply the moving up by one of the remaining 31 seeds  and add  a new 32 seed.    

For the rest. there will be no changes necessary.   The top 4 seeded players occupy set places in the draw - which can be changed easily.     The number 32 seed will take up the position vacated by Rublev - and the extra qualifier  will be added as a lucky loser.            

Jan 13, 2022, 20:14

Understood Mike…..but if the facts are obvious it hardly lends credibility to the decision when it isn’t made promptly. It has the appearance of political calculation….which of course is exactly what it is.

Jan 13, 2022, 20:15

‘Bombshell’ claims hahaha….the player simply gave them the facts….this hysterical old woman gets funnier by the day.

Jan 13, 2022, 21:07

Mozart

Of course It is totally political - its a fight between the present Governing Party and the Australian Lanbour Party in charge of Victoria.   My own feeling is the governing Party is sneaky.   The decision about deporting of Djokovic  was already taken - but they do not want to announce it just yet.   They will probably send  border guards with the necessary paper work and those will take him and his supporting  staff to  the Melbourne airport and put them on a plane ready to depart.    The press will then be informed that Djokovic and his supporting staff have already left the country.  That would prevent Djokovic from going to court again.      

Jan 14, 2022, 10:23

As expected the Minister cancelled Djokovic's visa again and whether he still is in Australia is not clear.    The fact is the previous court case  during which Djokovic's visa cancellation was nullified  dealt with  technicalities and was not about the merit of the case as such, but the fact that Djokovic was not afforded sufficient time to put his side of the case  for consideration - which is a requirement in case of common law principles .   Based on that technicality  the visa was re-instated.

This time around it won't be that easy to get around the ministerial decision.   Djokovic's lawyers apparently wants to appeal the decision - but whether the court will be able to have a hearing dealing with the validity of the law itself will be a problem and the hearing will not be possible before Monday.   The decision was taken  late on Friday afternoon in Australia  and in view of the fact that  this case will be about the law condition used and the validity of the condition will have much wider implications and will therefore  not be finalized before Monday at its earliest and  the chances are that by Monday Djokovic will not be in Australia anymore.   

Djokovic's conduct in the month leading up to his arrival in Australia was indeed questionable.  The original visa was granted at the end of November 2021 - stating that he had Covid in the six month period  before the date of application.   Subsequent to that it was claimed that he tested positive on 16 December 2021 and did not isolate himself as required.    The fact is that despite the need to limit travel from one country to another in the period of 14 days before his departure for Australia - the statement on that issue in the case of his visa  application was given as no intention to travel to another country in the said 14 days, yet within that period Djokovic did travel from Serbia to Spain within the 14 day period.      

Djokovic's conduct  indicates irresponsibility as to his actions as to the pandemic and - even though the issue is entirely political - the Court is not going to like what happened in the month before Djokovic's entry into Australia.   It could even be argued that his application was fraudulent in that respect and it could lead to his arrest for making a fraudulent statement on the application form.

I think that it is clear now that Djokovic will not be allowed to play in the Aussie Open starting  in about  66 hours from now and even tennis Australia would not be able to do anything other than to cancel his inclusion in the draw.   

Jan 14, 2022, 15:51

Djokovic lawyers asked for an appeal hearing by Judge Kelly - who ruled on the cancellation of visa issue on Monday.   However, he ruled that the matter would be heard by a Federal Judge at 10:00 on Sunday.   The lawyers representing Djokovic  asked that the matter be dealt by Judge Kelly sooner - since the hearing on Sunday could be too late for him  to start playing on Monday,  Judge Kelly got irritated by the request and in the end both Djokovic's and the Aussie  Government  lawyers agreed to the Sunday hearing.  

So what will happen next?   Djokovic will report by 08:00 on Saturday morning  to the border Guard Offices and will then be detained by them.   He will then be taken to the offices of the lawyers until Saturday afternoon with Boarder Guards being  on the same floor as Djokovic .   From there he would be taken to the detention center for staying over at night and then go back to the lawyers office at 08:00  on Sunday.    

Judge Kelly was sympathetic with Djokovic in the case heard by him on Monday because of Administrative deficiencies -  but the decision by the Minister is a completely different kettle of fish.   Administrative deficiencies is not the case here.   Lawyers  practicing in immigration law are of the opinion that there is very little chance of Djokovic's new appeal succeeding.        

Jan 14, 2022, 17:25

I don't know if I share any views or feelings with the present Australian government, certainly no respect by complete vaccilators with no firm decision making ability...weaker than powderpuffs, thicker than prison bricks and the intelligence of panda bears and turkeys.

What an utter disgrace and fiasco. By the way, I'm not not against Aussies, I have a son who is a senior inspector in the police in South Australia...his mother was an Australian and he was born in Perth...he graduated at university. He is a lovely person and strong character and I love him dearly. I did not know he existed until he popped up at my house in SA...twenty years ago.

But how the Aussies, New Zealanders,like the British, and Americans and South Africans are deteriorating into soft, liberal and woke-like cultures disgusts me...pure and utter hipocrisy and they cannot either see it or care a rats arse.

The way they handled Djokovic is bloody disgraceful and disgusting. 

Jan 14, 2022, 18:20

What does your Australian  son says about this lot?

Your description of politicians are very sound.   I have yet to come across a politician who does not put his own interests ahead of the country he or she  is supposed to serve.

Insofar as he infection rate is concerned the number of active cases in the local Municipality dropped from 474 last week to 296 at present.   The wave seems to have run out of steam .        

Jan 14, 2022, 19:32

Maaik, it's absolutely ridiculous that the defending champion won't be allowed to compete, because he transgressed a few stupid covid regs...he's recovered from covid less than a month ago, tested negative a couple of times since, poses no health threat, but is treated like a criminal...this isn't about safety or rules, it's about punishing someone who's against the "vax everyone at all cost" narrative...Australia is fast becoming the same authoritarian arseholes everyone is accusing China of.

Jan 14, 2022, 20:04

Small, ugly, smug….a civilized country like France would never have besmirched their major sporting event in this way. And the reason….that he might incite vaccine resistance. Truly second rate stuff.

Boy am I glad I never chose this dump as my destination.

Jan 14, 2022, 20:26

"civilized country like France would never have besmirched their major sporting event in this way."

Don't be so sure...France has become pretty woke in the last few years.

Jan 15, 2022, 06:15

Mike I would not ask him...I think him being in his type of job might make it difficult.

I sense he sees the foolish and restrictive measures as pure folly and maybe even embarrassing.

One thing I know he is not woke in the slightest, quite the opposite and sees the deterioration of standards everywhere including Australia. 

Law enforcement, whether civil or military, prohibits involvement in political issues...you should know that.

Jan 15, 2022, 06:53

Seb

I have given the rundown on the Djokovic issue as was reported in various press articles.   That does not mean I agree with the handling of the case by the Aussie Government.  

The problem I have with the whole story is that Governments all over the world is using the Covid pandemic as a  political tool to justify actions - which are of a dictatorial nature,.       

Jan 15, 2022, 08:38

I know that you do...I was not suggesting that at all.

The insanity and absurdity is all too obvious and all I can conclude is either people's minds have been completely stolen and trapped. People either have been completely hood winked either by shear stupidity or else by cowardice to be brave enough to think for themselves.

The propaganda war has been used to take control of world thinking and to throw guilt of those who dare to challenge and think for themselves. "How dare anybody challenge mass agreement and dodgy solutions and speculations".

I'm not against those who choose to vaccinate but in the same freedom I respect those who choose not to. Initiative, creativeness and to be what identity you were created to be has been attacked, discouraged and yes indeed persecuted by collective wholes. The majority is not always right, in fact in most things one finds today completely wrong. 

An individual like Novak Djokovic is no threat to anybody, in fact the very opposite...so stupid and so obvious. The joys he gives sport lovers is enormous, his value the same to a wobbly and ailing Australian economy is very substantial. They throw the baby out with the bath water. They strain at miggies and swallow elephants. Jealousy, hypocrisy.

Having said this Mike, I still think his lawyers will win the case and he will play...I really hope so.

Jan 15, 2022, 09:49

Agree totally/    We have the goats in the world who believes whatever they are told by the media.   They have become the real threat to democracy.   The media are owned by people who think they are superior beings and they hate any opposition - they are the real haters of freedom of the individuals with them ruling the world.

They represent the 21st century Hitlers and Stalins of the world.   Those who oppose their ideas are demonized.   The present pandemic resulting from dubious  scientific research and global warming are two tools they claim are based on science and are used to undermine freedom of people.   Anybody not sharing their ideas are made out to be fanatics.   They hate Putin and love President Xi - they hate honesty in government and support corruption  knowing they can use a threat of exposure to control corrupt politicians.

They lied  about and attacked Trump because he as an opposing person expressing different ideas.   They developed  Goebbels methodology further and use humans as sheeple- people like Sharkbok are their main source of support.   They want democracy to self-destruct and  for them the ideal world population is 500 million people.   Nutcases like Bill Gates even have the audacity to state that in public.

The world is becoming a more dangerous place and the threat to all people by fanatics are increasing.    They would not hesitate to start even nuclear wars to get what they want.    Fascism  is what they support - and they accuse any factual information opposing their ideas as conspiracy theories.   That is why they use indoctrination of children in schools based on Stalinism as a tool to get obedience by instilling hatred of their parents as a means to undermine family life.   They also hate history and culture as opposed to their ideas.   

That is why they would like to destroy much-admired people like  Djokovic, because he poses a threat to their ideals.    Just watch the following video  to see what is really  happening o a continuous basis:-

Intercept Smears WRONG Reporter For Doing Reporting - Bing video      

Glenn Greenwald: Intercept Targets Journalists Of Color - Bing video  

Bill Gates Caught Buying Positive News Coverage - YouTube

Remember Jimmy Dore is an ultra-liberal.

.   .       .       

Jan 15, 2022, 19:54

The French still see themselves as different, capable of the dissenting view. They probably have the strongest national identity among the Western countries. I think they are capable of swimming against the stream and I think I read somewhere that the government has said he would be granted access.

But who knows the only thing more infectious than Covid is Wokid.

Jan 15, 2022, 20:56

The handling of this incident is nothing but a disgrace.

My 21 year old granddaughter has had two shots of the vaccine plus the latest booster shot and has been tested positive with Covid exactly four days after the booster shot.

So just how are the masks and this miracle vaccine preventing the spread of the virus?

All political and covering up the facts by medial professional and the political animals.

Please don't tell me that the booster shot is only active on day five or six.

ALL BS.

Jan 15, 2022, 21:03

Maybe the French are so pissed off with the Aussies - and that include the USA and the UK -  they might let Djokovic play.    

However there will be French Presidential election this year - so one never knows what is going to happen.   Elections drive politicians dilly - so we do not know how they will behave.     

Jan 15, 2022, 21:07

The appeal of Djokovic will be heard by a panel of 3 judges    The appeal hearing will start ay 10:30 Sydney time - ie  01:30 SA time.    

Jan 16, 2022, 09:23

Djokovic lost appeal and will now be kept in custody and a deportation order finalized.   He is likely to be sent out of Australia on the first available flight.    

Sorry for the guy and admire his resistance against vaccines and his fight gainst dictatorial measures by Governments. 

Part of his deportation conditions will include a ban of visas for three years and that will only be lifted on special appeal.   

Wonder what Tennis Australia will do about the draw?   The easy way out is to bring in a lucky loser to replace Djokovic in his first round match - but that would upset the applecart and make life rather easier for the players in the Top half of the draw.              

Jan 16, 2022, 09:29

"They probably have the strongest national identity among the Western countries. I think they are capable of swimming against the stream and I think I read somewhere that the government has said he would be granted access."

Probably why the strongest protests aging  covid regulations were in France. 

Jan 16, 2022, 09:43

Macron is not the  most popular President France ever had.   In 2019 there were major protests against his Government and the situation has never really stabilized since then.

The French Presidential election is in April 2022 and although he has according to opinion polls the highest support of all candidates - a run-off election would be inevitable.   Not sure what will happen.    

Jan 16, 2022, 17:18

France's sports minister said on Friday that Novak Djokovic can play in this year's French Open, even if he is not vaccinated for COVID-19. 

A civilized country not a rabble. This whole second trial was a farce by definition. The judges never even considered the merits of the case. They simply decided it was the politician’s right to make the call provided it was not capricious.

It should never have gone through this song and dance, the court could  simply have dismissed the appeal, they knew they were going to do exactly that. 

This will do far more damage to Australia than the Joker.  Meanwhile penal Colony remains the epicenter of Covid. Yesterday with it’s modest population it had the 5th most cases in the world….a complete failure of all the draconian measures.

Jan 16, 2022, 18:16

Mozart

I think that from a broader perspective/ with the refugee problems the Aussies face the Judges will not easily give a ruling that could serve as a precedent in limiting the powers of the minister in terms of the Immigration Law.

By the way - will that Sports Minister still be in the relevant job by the time the French Open  takes place?

Jan 16, 2022, 20:19

The judges and the minister ruled the way they did because the Australian public had a vindictive attitude.

Jan 16, 2022, 20:37

Precisely Moz, Woke culture permeates into virtually all issues today, it is sometimes so subtle which is it's danger especially with disfunctional offsprings of deteriorating standards of humanity today. It's seems only the older folk today pick it up. Breeding, manners and culture are dead today. 

It's terrible to those who see what's happening in the darkness and blindness ...especially when we have children and grandchildren that are being indocrinated with this poison whether in substance or mind.

Jan 17, 2022, 00:46

A victory for the vaccinated against the unvaccinated...:P

Jan 17, 2022, 02:24

One of my best friends from childhood - an uncle of the Rugby player Frans Malherbe - died this morning from Covid infection.   He was a very sick man - spent about 6 months in hospital last year and was drinking 8 pills a day,   He was advised by the doctors not to take vaccines and died after getting complications caused by the virus.   Now who was ight in that case?   Probably nobody   

Jan 17, 2022, 08:31

Thank heavens. Australia is safe now.

Unlike Spain that have said COVID is endemic and it’s time to live with the virus.

Let’s see how long, if ever, Australia take to give citizens back their freedoms.

Stupid should hurt.

Jan 17, 2022, 08:37

https://freewestmedia.com/2022/01/10/three-players-drop-out-of-australian-open-with-chest-issues-while-djokovic-awaits-his-fate/

…and then there are these fully vaccinated players at the Australia open that have dropped out of the competition siting chest pains.

Not the first pro sports people to have heart issues post vaccination either. Some have died…but I guess putting two and two together is too much to ask the sheep that follow their health-Nazi leaders blindly.

Perhaps it’s a a good idea to shut the fuck up about getting vaccinated until you know what the consequences are.

Jan 17, 2022, 09:28

"A victory for the vaccinated against the unvaccinated."

No victory at all, this has got to be the most stupid comment ever produced here.

What it does show is the utter inability of leadership in Australia and the extreme pettiness of woke thinking.

Absoltely no winners, tennis is poorer not to mention Australian tennis, unnecessary pain and costs to Novak Djokovic, including his fans.

Yes, no winners, no right or wrong in the context you mean and sincere condolences about the loss of your old school friend...

Jan 17, 2022, 10:53

Nazi Australia's 4th Reich triumphs again.Now they can have a 4th rate tennis winner.

Jan 17, 2022, 15:45

What a complete and utter farce this turned out to be...

It could have been handled so much better by Novak, his team and the Aussie government.

My take on Novak has not changed at all, only because of the way he just constantly and consistently does his own thing, which in itself is not really a bad thing at all, and it's one of the reasons I do enjoy him, but when he puts other people at potentially severe risks, ahead of his own needs, all the time..... then I do question the guys character... and he has done this far too many times recently.

Here is the tournament he held last year, which he was originally advised not to do, and he quite rightly got lambasted by a lot of people both in and out of tennis because of what happened.....a total disregard for any kind of rules..... in fact making a mockery of any pandemic

Adria Tour

Here is another incident now where he just apologizes for this having affected so many people..... to what degree we don't and will never know..... but he just seems to have a bad habit now of asking for forgiveness instead of permission, and not really give a shit about how it affects anyone around him, besides himself...... as someone alluded to earlier in another thread, imagine he unexpectedly caused the death of someone that contracted this virus from his tour..... and passed it on to someone they love.

When it goes wrong he just simply apologizes...

Just like the Aussie open, he was advised a year in advance that no player would be entitled to play, unless they were vaccinated, and I fully support his choice to not get vaccinated, just like I fully support the Aussie criteria to enter their country.

Novak however has shown a few times now already, that he does not care for other people's safety, only his own freedom, just like he did by attending functions knowing that he was possibly positive for Covid, then apologizing for doing it, just like his tour where so many people got infected with Covid.

Then he lied about going to another country before entering Australia.... and apologized again...

The he blamed his agent for ticking the wrong box.....

Then he demanded a tennis court whilst in detention, or at least his team did....and better food than the other detainees...

I don't for one second say that this was handled in the best way, but one thing for me is absolutely certain..... Djokovic doesn't play by the rules, and he certainly doesn't play fair, and he has shown the tendency to always put his own freedom above any other person's safety, or health and well being....

Jan 17, 2022, 17:13

I think Nigel Farage says it best!

NIGEL FARAGE: This is not about borders. Australia does have a very good border policy, and I commend them for it. This is not about borders. This is about hysteria surrounding a vaccine and a vaccine that may make you less ill if you get COVID. But a vaccine that does not stop you catching COVID, doesn't stop you transmitting COVID. 

And isn't it ironic that Australia, one of the most heavily vaccinated countries in the world, one of the most locked-down countries in the world, and currently they're having tens of thousands of new cases every single day. That makes me ask some really big questions, and I think what's happening here is – and I'm sad to say this – Australia is becoming an authoritarian country where there is no freedom of choice. 

…..

This is a case where those ‘following the science’ are actually ignoring it in the face of all the evidence. Australia despite it’s modest population has been in the top 5 countries in the world in infections for the last week.

Personally I still believe everybody should be vaccinated. For their own protection. Because there are some studies that say the boosted are slightly better protected against Omicron and because it may protect better against the next variant.

But you could also make the case that Omicron is nature’s vaccination. Which ever way you look at it the Joker was a danger to nobody.

Jan 17, 2022, 17:59

By the way DA I don’t disagree with much of what you say, Novak was selfish and ill advised in much of what he did. But he is a non conformist, to use an old term.

Coming from South Africa where dissension wasn’t exactly welcomed, I have come to value the aberrant point of view. It may not be right but it makes the debate richer and more honest.

If the Joker was a danger to anybody he should not have been allowed to play. I can even accept a general rule that says he shouldn’t be allowed in, because others who slipped in under that rule could be a danger. Australia waived that by creating the exemption for those who had Covid….perhaps their  big mistake.

But tossing him because of his views is iron curtain behavior.

Jan 18, 2022, 06:05

"By the way DA I don’t disagree with much of what you say, Novak was selfish and ill advised in much of what he did..."

Uh -Oh A U Turn, well then if you don't disagree and Novak has apologised then what on earth s there to say other than "Case Closed."

And as for "iron curtain behavior" well now there's a laugh. He was given a fair hearing at the taxpayers expense and quarantined in the same hotel where every other migrant is quarantined with similar circumstances. The Australian Government has been fair and consistent in it's treatment of Novak.

The ruling was clear from the beginning, abide by our rules when you step onto our turf and if every Australian has to live by the rules and make sacrifices then who is he as a visitor to "non conform"?

He ignored the rules, showed total disregard for the well being of others......naaah he was no "non conformist"....try Prima Donna and hey BTW we don't need an anti vax hero either.....we have our own, some are six foot under and have and are taking others with them.

Glad to see you agree with DA, now that's being a good boy.

Case closed.

Jan 18, 2022, 07:53

I dont like the way the entire incident was handled in front of the world press..... it got so much attention, that in my opinion, it didn't warrant...... hell....one single sportsman dominated the world headlines for weeks...... there are seriously far more human interest stories for me.......

The main point of my post is actually about how Djokovic has shown a tendency over quite a period of time, to always put his own personal interests above every single other person's, and that even includes illegal behaviour, which I see his own prime minister is now coming out and saying that Djokovic will personally be penalized for, if found guilty....

Djokovic has too often now just blatantly flouted the rules, which would usually not really bother me at all, as I myself also prefer to sometimes go against the current at times, unless or until that flouting of the rules can seriously impact or affect the health and well being of other individuals, which has now possibly happened, one for definite... in multiple cases involving Djokovic.... many people from his own team, to participants in his own tournaments etc etc got Covid, directly from some incident or event that Djokovic either created, promoted or participated in. 

What we don't and never will know.... is how that has gone on and affected all those people and their families and friends....

I have actually lost a lot of respect for the way he does things like this, mostly on a whim, without any thought or regard for his fellow man, it is only ever what he himself can get out of it....... and if he gets caught out, just say sorry.... but the damage, some of it possibly deadly, has already been done. 

Whilst I still fully and completely support his staunch belief to not get vaccinated, I also fully agree and support that he should be stopped and penalized for this very dangerous and reckless repeat behaviour

Jan 18, 2022, 09:18

Well you know....the media thrives on controversy, boring doesn't sell :angel:

Jan 18, 2022, 10:46

I don’t support vaccine mandates.

Therefore I can’t support any regulation, government or group that exclude people from ANY activity based on their vaccine status.

When has government control of your basic freedom ever ended well?

The problem is that people have this need to be told what to do. And the first one to do as he’s told flaunts his gold star of obedience to others. So it’s not a need for direction but rather a need to flaunt their ability to follow direction. A need to show they’re “better”.

And every time one of these little competitions is held, government’s power over you increases, and your personal agency within society diminishes. This has been happening since most on this board were kids and is ramping up now as government merges with beg tech.

Take Canada for example. They now have legislation in place that makes it a criminal offense to use language that was completely legal just years ago. Do the government actually care about you deadnaming or misgendering a transgender? No, they don’t give a shit. What they do care about is taking whatever topic/circumstance there is and creating more laws around it. Because the more laws and regulations there are, the more power they have over you. Yes, in Canada it’s now a crime to hurt someone’s feelings.

Sounds ridiculous?

Let’s look at this board for a moment? We know that Denny has the emotional security of a 12-year-old girl. I regularly give him shit about it. But what happens when people correctly begin to argue that “there are many ways to hurt a person’s feelings and calling them a gender which they are not isn’t the only one.” That’s a valid argument because me making fun may hurt Denny’s feelings just as much, or more, than it hurts a transgender woman being called a man.

Well, the only way to fix that problem is to either remove the newly instated law that criminalises misgendering someone OR to create more laws that regulate speech further. We already know which path governments will take.

But why stop there? Because since we’re now placing laws around hurt feelings, speech isn’t the only way to hurt someone’s feelings. One may even hurt another’s feelings unintentionally…perhaps by being wealthier, healthier, better looking, smarter…

And here in South Africa, we have a great example. Say the word “Kaffir” and you WILL. serve jail time regardless of context. Say the phrase “Kill the boer” and not only will there be no jail time, the law won’t even get involved…because it’s a “struggle phrase” and suddenly context means something. The point is, there will always be a group that wants certain laws in place and government will oblige. Not because it cares but because, like any entity, it seeks to expand its reach.

And it all comes to zero because idiots, like some on this board, just cannot wait for corrupt and self-interested governments to set them a new challenge that they can obey and look down on others for questioning.

In the last hundred years, the most terrible events were always preceded by exactly the type of thing that is occurring now.

And it’s disgusting to see how people happily use phrases like “it’s the law of the land” to justify condemning those that don’t simply bow down accept their freedoms being eroded.

Jan 18, 2022, 11:30

"I don’t support vaccine mandates.

Therefore I can’t support any regulation, government or group that exclude people from ANY activity based on their vaccine status"

Not exactly an activity, but I do support individual organizations that have the right to implement their own stipulations or requirements regarding Covid or vaccine status, if you want to become a member of that same organization.

Take medical aids for example..... they should be able to have the right and authority, to determine what criteria is taken into account for you to join as a medical aid member, and if you refuse to accept those terms, such as being vaccinated, then you can either walk away and look for a medical aid that meets with your personal beliefs or requirements, or you will be rejected as a member.....

Companies must be able to protect their future sustainability in this way, because some medical aids are already looking at putting this policy in place to prevent unnecessary and excessive high care or ICU costs that are directly attributed to Covid related illnesses. It's all about the money, which is sickening, and I don't agree with that at all, but I do definitely agree with the options and choices involved for all parties concerned.

If a potential member does not want to get vaccinated, then they simply walk away and find a medical aid that does not have that as a requirement to become a member, but I do support a company or organization that wants to implement it's own policies in this regard.... and for the record, I actually don't support the policy itself.... but I do agree that any company or organization should be able to choose it's own membership criteria, and not have it dictated to them.  

"And here in South Africa we have a great example. Say the word “Kaffir” and you WILL. serve jail time regardless of context. Say the phrase “Kill the boer” and not only will there be no jail time, the law won’t even get involved…because it’s a “struggle phrase” and suddenly context means something. The point is, there will always be a group that wants certain laws in place and government will oblige. Not because it cares but because, like any entity, it seeks to expand its reach."

Spot on Plum, couldn't agree more

Jan 18, 2022, 11:50

"Let’s look at this board for a moment? We know that Denny has the emotional security of a 12 year-old girl. I regularly give him shit about it."

Goeie genade, And here I am thinking you're an utter bore.......told you so ad nauseum. Take for instance your above post........did you really expect anyone to read through the garbage and not fall asleep?

Laughing graphics

Jan 18, 2022, 12:05

What about existing employees or customers? Is it OK to boot them?

Medical Aids and Life Insurance Companies were not allowed to discriminate against people with Aids, which resulted in a much bigger burden than the un-vaxxed ever would.

The vaccines have not been through a thorough trial period like so many vaccines before them. Any company is free to mandate a vaccine if the agree to pay health insurance and disability insurance for sudden changes in condition of health over the next 15 years...I know of too many people with sudden new ailments shortly after getting the vaccine.

Jan 18, 2022, 12:41

"What about existing employees or customers? Is it OK to boot them?"

I am just looking at the reality that we may all face sometime in the future.....I think the time will arrive where people will need to make a choice of whether they want to remain a member or not....

If I owned a shop, and I wanted every single customer to be vaccinated before entering my shop, that would be my own personal choice... and if existing or new customers did not like that, then they would be completely free to choose somewhere else to shop, where that policy was not in place, just like I would be completely free to choose who I wanted to serve my products to....

"The vaccines have not been through a thorough trial period like so many vaccines before them. Any company is free to mandate a vaccine if the agree to pay health insurance and disability insurance for sudden changes in condition of health over the next 15 years"

I don't disagree with this, but it would be absolutely impossible trying to link whatever sudden changes someone would experience, back to the vaccine....I guarantee you

As an example.... try doing exactly what you demand above... with some long standing and very reputable drugs on the market right now.... when you currently take any pills prescribed to you by your doctor.... from aspirin to antibiotics

Jan 18, 2022, 12:57

"don't disagree with this, but it would be absolutely impossible trying to link whatever sudden changes someone would experience, back to the vaccine....I guarantee you"

Exactly, so don't mandate experimental vaccines which aren't properly effective in the first place.

"with some long standing and very reputable drugs on the market right now.... when you currently take any pills prescribed to you by your doctor.... from aspirin to antibiotics"

Yet nobody is forcing anyone to take these drugs and the side-effects are known and extensively documented.

If you want to force me to take something, you better guarantee my safety...Why are all the vaccine suppliers protected of claims for adverse effects against them?

Jan 18, 2022, 13:04

"Exactly, so don't mandate experimental vaccines which aren't properly effective in the first place"

Easier said than done....

Some companies will be enforcing this in the near future, I guarantee it

I don't agree with the company's own internal policy to do it, but I would agree with their own individual rights to do it.

Jan 18, 2022, 13:18

"I don't agree with the company's own internal policy to do it, but I would agree with their own individual rights to do it."

If they mandate it, they will be liable for side effects...and we all no it's coming sooner than later.

Jan 18, 2022, 13:24

"but I do agree that any company or organization should be able to choose it's own membership criteria, and not have it dictated to them"

Indeed. But when people were saying this previously and wanting to keep their businesses open to customers, they weren't given that choice. In a perfect world restrictions to freedoms would work because they would be efficiently chosen and perfectly implemented. In a perfect world, anything would work.

But it's not simply a case of organisations deriving their own policy. Most are mandated and others don't want to be the odd ones out for fear of vilification. 

And at the bottom of the pile is us. Vaccine passes in hand, waiting for the next booster because else you can't go to the gym. 

Jan 18, 2022, 14:25

"If they mandate it, they will be liable for side effects...and we all no it's coming sooner than later"

I don't see this becoming a possibility to be honest....

Look at certain health sectors around the world, where staff have already been forced to take the vaccine, or lose their jobs..... you just won't succeed against the might of some of these large companies or organizations, no company will ever agree to this condition because there are just too many variables........sorry, just being very realistic here... it won't happen

Jan 18, 2022, 14:32

"Look at certain health sectors around the world, where staff have already been forced to take the vaccine, or lose their jobs..... you just won't succeed against the might of some of these large companies or organizations, no company will ever agree to this condition because there are just too many variables........sorry, just being very realistic here... it won't happen"

What this tells me is that if there are going to be issues down the line, there'll be lots of underhanded efforts to keep it under wraps.

Jan 18, 2022, 14:58

"What this tells me is that if there are going to be issues down the line, there'll be lots of underhanded efforts to keep it under wraps"

Spot on Plum, that is exactly why I am saying it will be virtually impossible to process and prove, even if some claims were legit.....

As I said, this will become a reality for most, whether they like it or not.... the UK have already voted it in

I don't like it at all, but I also know that reality will hit back pretty hard

"England’s health and social care secretary has announced that all staff who work in health and social care settings regulated by the Care Quality Commission will have to be fully vaccinated against covid-19 by 1 April 2022

The move was passed by 385 votes to 100 during a session in the House of Commons last night when other measures proposed"

This involves millions of staff in the different fields of health care

Jan 18, 2022, 15:08

Imagine if this survey could realistically be done, it can't, but I really wish it could

Identify 10 million people now, and put them in a controlled environment, and see how many people survive until next week, and those that didn't make it, died from natural causes.

Identify the same 10 million people, give each one an aspirin, and see how many survive until the next week.... and those that don't survive, will have possibly been recorded as having died from side effects of aspirin, when in fact it was from natural causes, it was just a coincidence that they recently had an aspirin 

Clearly this can never be done, but it would definitely be interesting

Now extrapolate that to the millions of people that have died around the world, not long after taking the vaccine..... how many would have died the exact same way... and at the same time, without ever having taken the vaccine.

It's more a curious thought than anything else

Jan 18, 2022, 16:27

DA, there are already questions regarding access deaths that can't be attributed to covid. I know the very liberal Dutch parliament requested a proper investigation/research. Some of the data are deliberately not published, to prevent further vaccine hesitancy.

""England’s health and social care secretary has announced that all staff who work in health and social care settings regulated by the Care Quality Commission will have to be fully vaccinated against covid-19 by 1 April 2022"

Why would such a mandate be necessary in an environment where everyone daily see the worst effects of the virus on patients...maybe because they also see the effects of the vaccines? These are people who've risked their lives and worked through a couple of waves during the start of the pandemic. They are daily faced with the realities of the disease, but yet refuse to get vaccinated?..."vax or get fired" is a nice way for the bureaucrats to thank them for their service on the frontlines over the last couple of years....madness.

Jan 18, 2022, 17:21

There is a tremendous amount of push back on this NHS demand, with over 60 000 current staff who refuse to get vaccinated, and are prepared to lose their jobs.

They may be forced to relook at this ultimatum because apparently the cost to employ people with the same work experience would be extremely expensive, but I hear that the actual major concern is the loss of so many staff in such a small space of time.... they reckon it would cripple the NHS... which it clearly would

Interesting times ahead

Jan 18, 2022, 17:22

All I see is utter confusion and speculation, in fact nothing watertight and set in stone...people ranting and raging and clutching at straws in fact we all do this at times. If we were utterly honest we would confess...we don't really know but we fool ourselves thinking we are cleverer than the other man. Another thing I've noticed none of us has ever won an argument or debate here no matter whatever the topic . All of us are as guilty as the next man.

The real truth is buried thus.

The Age of Confusion | Matthew 24:4-14 | RayStedman.org

Jan 18, 2022, 17:41

The reason the court gave was not that he was unvaccinated, not that he broke the rules….but that he might incite others to not get vaccinated. The court decided the deportation….not the political types who harped on rule infractions, because that played better.

The Australian public needed a scapegoat after their numerous lockdowns and travel restrictions only succeeded in making Australia one of the worst covid hotspots on the planet. And they found one in the Joker who is too complicated a character for the dumb Aussies to get.

It’s no different to stoning in biblical times.

Jan 18, 2022, 18:47

Kruisig Hom, kruisig Hom!

And people wonder how the Nazzis got away with the things they did...

We are repeating the sins of our fathers...

Jan 18, 2022, 22:54

There seems to be alot of South African experts concerning Australia - LOL.

The guy was caught out and sent packing.

He thought the rules did not apply to him. 

Jan 18, 2022, 23:55

Fully-vaccinated French newcomer Novacques Chocoviche given wild-card entry to Australian Open

Previously unknown French tennis player Novacques Chocoviche has been given a wild-card entry to the Australian Open after proving his vaccination status.
Novak Djokovic

Where others have problems, he got through without issue thanks to his five-fold vaccination, which he insists is just ‘common sense’.

“Mon Dieu! Baguette! Fromage! I am very happy that everything went so smoothly with my entry,” said Chocoviche after passing through the Australian customs control without incident following his presentation of a flawless French vaccination certificate, that included all popular vaccinations (one AstraZeneca, two Pfizer, one Moderna, and one inexplicably from Red Bull).

“Louvre! Magnifique! Voulez-vous coucher avec moi? What a beautiful, hospitable country that I have definitely never visited before!

“Fortunately, I have been fully vaccinated, by all the best and most popular vaccines, so I am now definitely allowed to be here to compete in what is definitely my first ever international tournament.”

The newcomer seems to have been pretty lucky, as his wild-card entry was only confirmed once the previous champion Novak Djokovic had his visa to participate in the tournament revoked due to difficulties in entering the country. Novacques Chocoviche will now take over his starting place in the main draw, and is strangely confident about his chances.

“No one had heard of Emma Raducanu before she won the US Open last year, so none of you should be surprised if I go right ahead and win the whole thing. I’m pretty good at tennis, or ‘le tennis’ as we say in France.”

Jan 19, 2022, 04:26

He was deported because they didn’t like the things he said….that was the crux of the judges’ argument. No free speech in Australia, just a woke mob howling for a scapegoat.

And the childish stuff that amuses these woke Nazis…like that pathetic attempt at humor the Quisling just posted. These people operate at what used to be the 12 year old level.

Jan 19, 2022, 04:46

Jan 19, 2022, 10:21

How good people are fooled by bad people into thinking that they’re doing the right thing.

See 2020/21/22

Jan 19, 2022, 10:41

"How good people are fooled by bad people into thinking that they’re doing the right thing"

Yeah, crazy just how prevalent this is 

Jan 19, 2022, 16:09

"How good people are fooled by bad people into thinking that they’re doing the right thing"

You do realise that people on both sides of the argument are thinking the exact same thing.

And never the two shall meet.

Jan 19, 2022, 17:03

"You do realise that people on both sides of the argument are thinking the exact same thing.

And never the two shall meet"

Truer words have never been spoken

Jan 19, 2022, 18:40

""How good people are fooled by bad people into thinking that they’re doing the right thing"

You do realise that people on both sides of the argument are thinking the exact same thing.

And never the two shall meet."

The one side demands the other side to do something they don't wants to do...the other side just want to be left alone....the perceived greater good...mob rule.

Jan 19, 2022, 19:17

The way I’d phrase it……one side has created the world ….the other side wants to destroy what’s been created with the promise of building something better. But it’s their first assignment.

Jan 19, 2022, 20:17

No worries, Moz.

When I’m your age I’ll be telling the idiots “Told ya so” for the both of us.

And trust me, they’ll hear all day, every day.

Jan 19, 2022, 21:09

Moz...and Plum, we might differ on a lot of things, but we agree on some important stuff too. Free thinking and freedom of choice vs mob rule....and the odds are gradually being stacked against us.

Jan 19, 2022, 21:29

Democratic institutions have built the world, not "your side". 
The good guys, and the bad guys... nothing in between - talk about wearing rose-tinted glasses. 

Happy Clappies like Draad and Beeno always think they are on the good side. Brainwashed, and part of a shrinking herd. It used to be the mainstream, now it's the alternative reality. 

Jan 19, 2022, 21:30

meanwhile, @Buttplug is doing his arse creeping. 

Jan 19, 2022, 22:35

No capitalism has built the world. China was an agrarian country with 85% of the people working the land….and starving….in 1980. Then Deng helped them find their own version of  capitalism and everything got massively better…..without Democracy.

Democracy is what we demand as sentient beings…..representation and critically, free speech. What the wokes  are giving us is a mangled version of the original concept, without free speech.

Jan 19, 2022, 22:39

Plum I’m going to hold you to that….particularly on global warming. We are going to be 100 cumulative degrees below normal in January…..just one of a string of cold winters in center of the world’s second largest land mass. Please tell the bastards I told them so when in 2050 they finally concede much of warming was a natural cycle.

Jan 19, 2022, 23:11

Our friends the ancient Greeks invented Democracy and Capitalism.
Capitalism is the economic system of Democracy. (Competition =  freedom of choice) 

Jan 19, 2022, 23:22

Jan 19, 2022, 23:22

The problems in the world are created mostly by a population that is growing faster than the economy. 
Third world countries are 3rd-world, because of this very situation. If a country can slow its population growth, it can build a middle class.
Africa can't do this, it seems they will always have a majority of poor people that will vote for populists. 

The poor mob may eventually end Democracy by outvoting everyone else and appointing a dictator.

Jan 20, 2022, 00:25

You’re absolutely right about Capitalism being consistent with Democracy, people voting with their dollars and having the freedom to produce. But as China demonstrated it can also function in an authoritarian society, if left largely to its own devices.

The Greeks invented Democracy for a small segment  of the male society….read Conn Iggulden’s brilliant latest book to see how flawed it was.

Jan 20, 2022, 01:23

China started to become more Democratic in its politics, and at the same time became more capitalist. 
However, under the rule of Xipi, politically China has gone backward to a more centralised and authoritarian place

A true communist economy has no competition. There is one company for each industry, which is essentially under state ownership.

When communist countries allow capitalism (private ownership), they are admitting that Democracy is a better system. (Freedom and competition). 

Xipi is ending freedom of the press, terminating freedom of speech.
He only wants CCP approved media sources. 

It is capitalist and Democratic to have a free press with lots of media companies of different ideologies. Competition is Democratic, just like being able to choose your own sources of news.
Different ideologies competing is why Democracies improve and invent. 

Most of the brains in America are from Democratic states. The capitalist moguls like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Google etc. It is not a coincidence. Capitalism and Democracy are bound at the hip.
Take California out of America, and suddenly the US is a suddenly a different place. Alabama anyone?

If America becomes a dictatorship to prevent the Great Replacement Theory, it has to impact capitalism as the economy does not exist in a vacuum. 

Jan 20, 2022, 02:50

So you are saying China is a democracy.

Jan 20, 2022, 02:59

No country is 100% Democratic or Capitalist. It is about degrees.

China started to become more Democratic and more capitalist - but more recently that process has been reversed by Xipingi

China has improved economically, but they have more people than the US and EU put together. On a like for like basis, GDP of China is much lower than long-standing Democratic countries with an equal population size.

China has built their economy by becoming a workshop for Western countries. Walmart and the like are made in China

Jan 20, 2022, 12:32

"Please tell the bastards I told them so when in 2050 they finally concede much of warming was a natural cycle."

Unfortunately, they'll never concede anything of the kind...they're all in.

Jan 20, 2022, 12:41

"Capitalism in its modern form can be traced to the emergence of agrarian capitalism and mercantilism in the early Renaissance, in city-states like Florence.[40] Capital has existed incipiently on a small scale for centuries[41] in the form of merchant, renting and lending activities and occasionally as small-scale industry with some wage labor. Simple commodity exchange and consequently simple commodity production, which is the initial basis for the growth of capital from trade, have a very long history. Arabs promulgated capitalist economic policies such as free trade and banking. Their use of Indo-Arabic numerals facilitated bookkeeping. These innovations migrated to Europe through trade partners in cities such as Venice and Pisa. The Italian mathematician Fibonacci traveled the Mediterranean talking to Arab traders and returned to popularize the use of Indo-Arabic numerals in Europe.

Not the Greeks then...probably predates the Greeks hundreds of years.:D

Jan 20, 2022, 15:10

In its "modern" form...

The ancient Greeks and Romans predate the Arabs of the AC timeline.

When the dark ages started in the West, the Arab world was not yet Muslim, and they did progress some of the stuff established by the ancients.
However, they succumbed to a monolithic religion and were doomed into their own dark ages.

That all aside, modern-day capitalism was evolved and practised in Democratic societies. 

Sure, the likes of Russia and China now have some capitalism as well, but they did not invent it. 
These countries still can't match the West on a like for like basis per capita. Russia is a poor country, and China per capita is also not much. China has something like 20% of the world's population in one country. 

Jan 20, 2022, 18:01

Well according to BBC today a law suite has been filed for 4.4 million by the champ.

That I believe is what the winner would receive for the men`s title.

Easy money without even hitting a ball.

At last the Aussie govt, might have found a good way to use their taxes collected from the citizens including Denny.

Pay up and smile Aussies.

Jan 20, 2022, 18:31

That Aussie federal court was so in the politicians’ pockets I doubt any foreigner could prevail there….it’s not like a US or Canadian court. But it’s a clever play for the Joker’s future visits and should serve to embarrass these hypocrites even more.

You need to Log in to reply.