You need to LOG IN to reply.

Donald Trump promises to build a wall around Africa.

Forum » Beenos Trumpet » Donald Trump promises to build a wall around Africa.

May 09, 2019, 12:33

The plan is to keep everyone inside, instead of blocking outsiders.

May 09, 2019, 13:09

And of course you will have to pay for it :P

May 09, 2019, 21:46

The only ones who still think that Trump’s border emergency is a joke are the Dems in Congress and anti Trump lunatics outside the USA. Even the fake news media has suddenly woken up and agrees with Trump about the extent of the crisis.

May 10, 2019, 02:15

There must be a crisis - in one week more than 30 000 people tried to cross the border.   There are stories about using children to get over the border and when released the children are smuggled back and then used a second or third time to get people over the border.   They are by law not allowed to take DNA tests on "parents" and children to see whether they are in  fact related.

The fact is the 30 000 plus were those who were found - the border is so long and in part without a sufficient number of border guards leaving the way open to get people smuggling operatives space to operate in.   

May 10, 2019, 11:52

Windomp and Mike you have to admit we have here two half bakes that are so clueless it beggars belief.

Sharktwit in particular makes a complete jackass of himself on a daily basis.  

May 10, 2019, 11:57

Globalist everywhere want open borders as do the UN.

But resistance is rising fast. Few want their countries destroyed. Cloudy is quite happy to hand over nz to Muslims as long as she can be seen to be nice. She is not alone in this behavior. Look at Sweden. But again wise people are recognizing the folly of this and the Nationalist/Populist are expecting to treble their vote in the EU Parliament later this month. 

May 10, 2019, 19:19

Beenz, sadly it's too late for my SA...we are lost....25 years of going downhill and we still hope things are going to change? Beautiful country with good people lead astray by politicians ..so sad. I can't believe I was blind all this time...frog no more...

May 11, 2019, 12:29

Walls are meant to divide not unite people Beeno......if putting up a wall means you are safe then you are sadly mistaken. Building a wall to keep America safe won’t fix all its problems just like the Berlin Wall it will eventually fall. What happened in NZ can happen anywhere and a wall wouldn’t have stopped it so if you can’t see the sarcasm in sharkbok’s post then you’re the one who is lost. Maybe you should start focusing on uniting people rather than dividing them.

May 11, 2019, 14:43

Walls plus reforming immigration laws and proper inforcement will make the USA safer, stop the drugs pouring in and stop human and sex trafficking. 

Wall separating ones country from these types of scumbags are to be welcomed. 

Morons like you think Islam is prepared to unite with anybody. Your appaling ignorance in this case is no joke! I sincerely hope your countrymen are not as foolish. My hopes are not too high. 

May 11, 2019, 15:38

A wall will only stop any more of that coming in.  It doesn’t fix the rot that’s already there.  I might be a moron but you’re still a confused and lost soul.  Time to practise what you preach instead preaching that to others.

May 11, 2019, 15:48

“It doesn’t fix the rot that’s already there. ”

What are you referring to here? Genuine question.

May 11, 2019, 20:28

Nobody has ever said a wall is the total solution but it's part of the solution. 

Yes  Cloudy the enemy has already infiltrated the USA.

Why do you think that is? 

May 12, 2019, 05:22

So why do you think a wall is going to solve what’s already wrong beeno? Like I said it will only stop further infiltration and that is dubious at best. If you really wanted to get over a wall you would find a way.

May 12, 2019, 05:39

Ceradyne....appreciate your asking.

I was reading an interesting article the other day and it alluded to the reasons why Trump’s wall won’t work. It was written by Micheal Dear Professor Emeritus of City & Regional Planning and he listed 5 main points. It’s a lot to copy and paste so I’ll post the link below for your interest.

Trump said the wall would prevent illegal immigration and terrorists amongst others so I found the stats interesting on those two issues.

https://ced.berkeley.edu/events-media/news/five-problems-trumps-wall-wont-solve-according-to-professor-emeritus-michae

May 12, 2019, 06:47

I read the article and agree with some points raised by the Professor.   He mentioned the numbers that slipped in in the past - but also the lacking judicial controls and the deficient scope of the legal control.    The lawyers make a fortune in defending illegal migrants.   

They know the legislation has massive gabs to be used to fight the Government and they clogged up the legal system in the country.  The answer is obvious - clear up the legislation and make deportation of especially criminals out of the country.   

However, since 2015 the situation is out of control with about 30 000 migrants crossing the border a week.   Those are not asylum seekers - they are economic migrants and include a hefty percentage of people with criminal records  in their home states or even in the USA.   An example is where a migrant was recently sentenced for murdering 5 persons in the USA.   He has been deported three times and every time came back illegally,   The same applies to drug smuggling.

One has to bear in mind that the situation legally and administratively is out of control at present - but the Democratic Party has moved drastically to the Left and they would not consider a legal change in the laws required to deal with a crisis that developed on the southern US Border.   They think if the position of the existing circa 11 million illegals   in the USA could be legalized it would be a reservoir of voters for them.   That at best would ultimately destroy the system and be a threat to peace within the USA.     

May 12, 2019, 07:29

Mike....thanks for reading the article. What about the wall keeping terrorists out when stats reveal that out of 154 foreign-born people who committed or plotted terrorist attacks on U.S. soil from 1975 through to 2015, only one was Mexican? Go ahead and build a wall to keep them out but the bigger worry is keeping America safe INSIDE the wall.

May 12, 2019, 09:18

Cloudy

I think the issue of terrorism is not really pertaining to the southern border with Mexico,   The 9/11 terrorist that attacked the World Trade Center in New York and the Pentagon in Washington  all entered the USA without any security clearance.

Fact is that illegals keep US citizens unemployed because illegals work at low wage payments and it fits a lot of employers to employ them knowing they would not have Union backing I they are maltreated by the employers,   

Most of the illegals are at best employed on an illegal basis by scrupulous people or whemn lergitimized will be on constant welfare programs which will pay them much more tan they would have earned and will clog up the already depressed housing system for low incoe people in the USA.   In Los Angeles alone there are already more than 50 000 families in that situation - over the whole USA the situation for US citizens are already dire - with millions of people suffering. 

It is a fact that to be a Blue Collar worker in the USA is not an ideal situation.   The real value of income and consequently their standard of living has declined over the last 20 years and it is the plight of those voters that caused Trump's win in 2016.   He promised to look after the interests o those voters and illegal migration is on of the hot topics to be considered.   Even a large percentage of the settled Latino's in the USA strongly oppose the present situation.

I am afraid both sides are wrong.   Cleaning up the Laws concerned would help more than a wall would - but at this stage that in the present US  political environment  is impossible,               

May 12, 2019, 09:42

My last trip to the States was spent mostly in the San Francisco area and near Yosemite national park. I stayed in a cabin up in the mountains a place called Pioneer. On the trip from Concord to Pioneer we passed acres and acres of farmland with crops being harvested by the cheap labour you mention. Our hosts said many of them would have been illegals eking out a living and being exploited by greedy employers but they’re doing jobs average Americans won’t do so that’s a misconception about keeping them out of jobs. Like most western civilisations, the jobless have become picky and would rather collect a government pension than go out and work for a living.

May 12, 2019, 11:37

Cloudy

I am sure it happens on farms in the US - it is the same as happened on SA farms and farmers other than to moan about everything  do not part of money easily.

However, in most of the Rust Belt states the problem relates to allowing  industries to close down in the US and relocate to other countries where labour is cheaper and even encouraged by trade deals the US Government signed with those countries.   They pay the workers less and the profits are more - but there is no import tariffs charged,   

The problem is there are people who do not ant to work and live off welfare - but the majority sees no future in that,   Also why has the real income  of workers declined over the past 20 years?   There is very real reasons why the  majority of working class people despise the Washington and London elite.

One commentator said during the election broadcast in 2016 that the Financial and Political elite worked out a system of open borders and trade deals that benefitted them - the ordinary people says  the deals may benefit a few  - but they also say it does not benefit their own and family members and they have turned against the system and in fact despise the elite,   It is becoming a trend in Europe and  also in other countries around the world.   

Fact is their pet hate is directed at things like open borders and illegal migration to start  with.   There are other issues as well and that remains a problem that could destabilize the world in years to come.        

You need to Log in to reply.