Easter eggs and chocolate rabbits . . .

Forum » Beenos Trumpet » Easter eggs and chocolate rabbits . . .

Apr 04, 2021, 20:39

I wonder how many of our resident bible-bashers know why we still celebrate Easter with eggs and rabbits?

It's actually perfectly understandable if you know a bit about history.

You see, back in the dark ages when the catholic church was trying to find a way to subjugate people with fear and create wealth and power for themselves by converting people to their new-found christian religion, they faced a major obstacle. Many people at that time were still pagans who worshipped nature and specifically, that element of nature which perpetuates all living species, fertility.

Long before jesus christ was born or even a twinkle in the eye of his virgin mother, pagans celebrated fertility at the time of the vernal equinox, the fertility symbols being eggs (obviously) and rabbits (known even today for their fertility and breeding prowess). The christian church at the time were having a hard time making people believe in their bible and their christ . . . even stonings and burning non-believers at the stake weren't having the desired effect, so they decided to supplant the major pagan festival of fertility.

The vernal equinox has absolutely no correlation or connection with the death and alleged resurrection of christ, but it was a good way of replacing the festival of fertility with their own money-making racket and their desire for power. So it was that the Pagan Fertily festival was replaced with the celebration of christ's death and alleged resurrection . . . but one thing the subsequent popes never managed to get right was the elimination of the Pagan symbols of fertility, the eggs and the rabbits.

That is why, to this day, stupid and naive people still celebrate the death and alleged resurrection of their messiah with eggs and rabbits . . . oblivious to the fact that these symbols remain from the original Pagan Fertility celebration and pretending it has something to do with their christ rising from the dead.

So, bible-bashers, ask yourselves, what makes more sense . . . eggs and rabbits symbolising fertility or eggs and rabbits symbolising your gay hero coming out of some mythical cave? Which option seems reasonable to you chaps?

Apr 04, 2021, 21:14

Another troll thread by the bitterbal...Eggs and rabbits have nothing to do with Jesus, neither has Easter...the correct Christian term is Passover and it precedes Jesus's death by hundreds of years...Jesus was crucified on Passover weekend...

Why does it bother you so much? Ever try to figure out where the hate comes from?...it burns and it won't go away, no matter how much you try denying it.

LMAO!!!

Apr 04, 2021, 21:21

Okay, so the Squeaky Toy couldn't answer the question. Anyone else?

Apr 04, 2021, 21:29

Whatever dipsh!t.

let it buurrrnnnn!

LMAO!

Apr 04, 2021, 21:35

Translation: "So because I'm one of the most boring, unoriginal and uninteresting people on the planet, I'm going to answer Rooinek's perfectly valid question about the symbols of eggs and rabbits with someone else's meme saying the other guy is stupid."

Apr 04, 2021, 21:42

I answered your stupid loaded question, but it went over your head somehow...WHOOSH!!!

Apr 04, 2021, 21:59

Apr 05, 2021, 09:49

Apr 06, 2021, 10:42

Rooi, where'd the Pagans draw their inspiration from?

Apr 06, 2021, 17:47

Huh? ButtPlug asking me a question?

Good grief!

Ummmm . . . care to answer the last 3 or 4 questions I've asked you before you start asking your own?

Apr 06, 2021, 18:09

Apr 07, 2021, 10:41

"Ummmm . . . care to answer the last 3 or 4 questions I've asked you before you start asking your own?"

So is your new count 4 or 5?

Haha What does that make mine?

Get a spreadsheet.

Apr 07, 2021, 16:20

Waaaaaaahahaha.....Omlett thinks Pagans in Europe celebrated fertility with chocolate bunnies!!!!

Apr 07, 2021, 16:22

‘It’s all perfectly understandable if you know a bit about history’ ....wehe! I guess Omlett missed the ‘bit’ about Christopher Columbus.

Apr 07, 2021, 16:47

Would someone like to explain to the cowardly old drunkard where he missed the point?

I'm afraid if I do it it will only lead to a series of high pitched squeals, punctuated with the obligatory "game set and match" followed by some boasting about how he can integrate the square root of his dick size with Baboon-ou's IQ. 

Thanks in anticipation.

Apr 07, 2021, 18:13

No point missed... ChocolatePeepie  I quote you:

I wonder how many of our resident bible-bashers know why we still celebrate Easter with eggs and rabbits?’

Wot no omletts(sic)......waaaaaaaahahaha.

GAME, SET AND MATCH.

Apr 07, 2021, 18:20

"Would someone like to explain to the cowardly old drunkard where he missed the point?"

The point had nothing to do with anything other than Rooi-arse p!ssing on Christianity, because he absolutely hate everything about the Christian Religion in particular...he thinks he understands why, but he doesn't...hate isn't natural, it comes from somewhere...

Apr 07, 2021, 18:22

Puns - jesus - Funny Puns - Pun Pictures - Cheezburger

21 Jokes That You'll Need To Go To Confession For Laughing At

Apr 07, 2021, 18:25

If jesus was a programmer : ProgrammerHumorAtheist Forum Joke Thread (punishment, doom, Christ, doctrine) - Atheism  and Agnosticism - - Page 174 - City-Data Forum

Apr 07, 2021, 18:39

Nog een wat alewig sy straaltjie moet p!s...with apologies to Mean-Ou and the late Vlagman...God bless his soul.

Apr 08, 2021, 10:04

The tapeti is probably a shoe-in for the first Easter Bunny - looks and proximity to cocoa.

Rooi being an A-class rabbit in the headlights himself...is naturally jealous and seeking to discredit his more well-received cousin. 

Pattern, anyone?

You need to Log in to reply.