You need to LOG IN to reply.

Eishkom

Forum » Beenos Trumpet » Eishkom

Feb 05, 2019, 15:01

So, Eskom want to request an increase of 17.1% for 2019/20, then 15.4% for 2020/21 and 15.5% for 2021/22

Eskom's projected financial loss for 2018/19 is just about to hit the R20 Billion mark, when initial estimations were losses of R15 Billion

Eskom are currently sitting R420 Billion in debt, because of declining revenue, and I also reckon electricity theft is a major contributor here, but they never go actively into the townships to locate the offenders.

How it is possible that any country allows an organization such as this, to fall so far into debt?

All they ever want to do is pass the loss onto the consumer by increasing their costs every year.

Surely this is the best possible example of how bad this country is going down hill.

Let's not even go into SAA which needs R5 Billion just to get out of business rescue...……

Why has nobody ever been held accountable for this?

Feb 05, 2019, 15:48

DA

I think there are a huge problem in SA - namely state capture and theft of hundreds of billions from institutions like Eskom, Prasa, SABC, SAA and Government Departments by Zuma and a string of accomplices in his cabinet and his circle of crooked friends,    

Every day I listen to what is happening at the various institutions t present under investigation by three Commissions of Enquiry dealing with State Capture, the National Prosecuting Authority and the Public Investment Corporation.   

Listening to the evidence it is becoming clear that SA is governed by crooks and the increasing list of ANC representatives on the take and how instead of using money for the benefit of the people of SA - it is used for \enrichments of the crooks.   

Ramaphosa is also implicated and so is a string of his Ministers,   He is talking but action is scarce and we still have a string of Ministers of crookery in the cabinet.   Can they do anything to stop the rot.

I am afraid that the decay is so far gone that the future looks increasingly bleak.   This country is on the way to self-destruct and is going the Zimbabwean way faster and faster,   

Feb 05, 2019, 16:19

I fully agree with you Mike, this country is on a one way path to destruction

Sadly, the next generation will take the full brunt of the effects

Feb 05, 2019, 17:50

Maaik, the problem with Eskom is unfortunately not only Zuma's fault.  Yes, he and hies cronies looted like there was no tomorrow, but things go much deeper than that. The ANC used Eskom to create cushy jobs for caders. After 94, Eskom trippled their work force...a state enterprise work force that pays 10 to 20% more than industry average. The started " legal " looting under Mandela already....sad, but true.

Feb 05, 2019, 18:36

Draad

Yes  the problems started before Zuma took over and at the time we had negotiations with Eskom and it became clear it was chaotic.   They got rid of capable staff and replaced them with cadres.  Some of the cadres was incompetent - the others dishonest.   

Initially looting started on  small and isolated basis and it grew substantially under Mbeki.   The problem was there was  no investigation done because it would have laid bare the incompetence and dishonesty of the cadres.

The question is that in 2007 contracts was allocated for two coal power-stations at a cost of R82 billions each.   That was necessary and I think the cost figures were near the mark.   However, since then the costs have escalated to over R450 billion each and the construction after 10 years us not completed as yet.     Where did the increased costs go to?   Mostly bribery ands corruption must have taken a third of those cost increases.   

Feb 05, 2019, 20:36

Maaik, I had friends who studied with Eskom bursaries, starting in 1990. Eli trical engineering is a 4 year course. Most of my pals started working off their bursaries in 94/95/96.

They all got exemted of their bursaries in 97...after the staff of the power stations they worked at got increased three fold...I can go on about other stuff, but what's the use, we all know how corrupt this country is and we all know it started way before Zuma and even before the ANC government. 

Feb 06, 2019, 07:49

Very true Db

You need to Log in to reply.