Election Results thus far

Forum » Beenos Trumpet » Election Results thus far

May 09, 2019, 11:27

With 32,33% of votes reported in the election reporting the results seems to be s follows:-

ANC      -           55,22%

DA        -           25,54%

EFF       -             8,87%

The DA was undermined by the Freedom-Front Party splitting the White Vote.   If the present trends continues the situation will be as follows:-

*   The situation is basically that the ANC lost about 7,7% support

*   Despite a split in the White vote by the Freedom Front+ - the support of the DA grew by about 4%.   This growth basically came from the Black voters. They got circa 1 200 000 votes from the Black communities in 2014 - that could mean that the support in the Black communities have grown drastically and may soon reach 2 000 000 votes.  

*   The EFF showed growth of about 2%  countrywide.   However, there votes are basically concentrated in Limpopo, North West and Gauteng Provinces, where the growth in fact occurred and that is a good sign for SA.    

If the trend continues as at present the ANC would not get enough votes for a change to the constitution to have land expropriated without compensation approved - Even with the support of the EFF they would not get to the 66,67 neerded for the change.               

May 09, 2019, 12:02

Well Mike, I have little faith in the ANC, personally I would have voted DA but I'm more than happy to hear that the moronic EFF won't be allowed to further damage the country.

You need to Log in to reply.