You need to LOG IN to reply.

EU divided: Anger as Brussels hits out at Ireland and suspends millions in fishing aid

Forum » Beenos Trumpet » EU divided: Anger as Brussels hits out at Ireland and suspends millions in fishing aid

Jul 06, 2019, 15:32

Old Stav is certainly no irish patriot. he clearly want to surrender irish sovereignty to be ruled by Brussels have have the country invaded by third world migrants and muslims.

Now this. Old Stav the raving loons probably sides again with the globalist elite that currently still rule the EU against the irish.

EU CHIEFS have blocked a £5.4 million funding subsidy for the Irish fishing industry in a bitter row over punitive regulations for trawlermen.Bwahahahahahaahahaha 

Brussels said it was imposing the sanction because of Dublin’s failure to establish a penalty points system for serious breaches of fisheries rules. The European Commission said it also intended to launch infringement proceedings against Ireland in the long-running dispute which has seen Leo Varadkar’s Government clash with industry leaders, Fianna Fáil and most of the Opposition.
MORE

EU split: Ireland threatens to reject new Brussels trade deal which took 20 years to agree

THE VICE President of the EU Parliament has warned Ireland against committing to the bloc’s new trade deal with South American countries over the impact it could have on Irish beef farmers.

Seems to me all is not well in the Eu hellhole.

Jul 06, 2019, 15:41

Ireland has one of the countries that has benefited the most from the EU.  Ireland (like most Catholic countries) was very poor around 30 years ago. One of the poorest countries in the EU. 

The EU has funded building roads and infrastructure. Ireland is also the call centre capital of Europe creating many jobs in American multi-national companies.

I think anyone from Ireland would say they are much better off now than 30 years ago. 

Jul 06, 2019, 15:55

Hi Sharkbok

You hit the nail on the head. 

Of course its not always smooth sailing between the EU and Ireland, there have been disputes, but taken on the whole membership of the EU has been greatly to Irelands benefit. 

Jul 06, 2019, 16:32

Yes it's going to be very rough seas judging by what patriotic Irish people are saying. 

They can't stand seeing their country being destroyed by the elites in Brussels. 

Expect a revolt, a big revolt. 

The EU has tried to buy the country but its not working anymore. 

Money is in short supply in the failing EU and patriots say Ireland is not for sale. 

Jul 06, 2019, 17:27

“The EU has funded building roads and infrastructure. Ireland is also the call centre capital of Europe creating many jobs in American multi-national companies.”

Thanks to nett contributors like the UK. The reason why countries like Ireland are so pissed off about the UK leaving.

Jul 06, 2019, 18:13

The whole net contributor is a fallacy. The UK more than makes that money back through trade with the EU and with the rest of the world via the EU.

Ireland is pissed about Brexiteers driving a bulldozer through the Good Friday Agreement. 

Jul 06, 2019, 18:35

“Posted by: Stavanger1 (54 posts) Jul 06, 2019, 18:13

The whole net contributor is a fallacy. The UK more than makes that money back through trade with the EU and with the rest of the world via the EU.”

Nope it’s not. The UK pays out way more it gets back and they get back way less than they could if they were allowed to negotiate their own trade deals.

“Ireland is pissed about Brexiteers driving a bulldozer through the Good Friday Agreement. ”

It takes two to tango. The hot-headed Irish have, from day one, not been prepared to sit down and work out border arrangements. No, they’d much rather bow down to their masters in Brussels and condemn each and every suggestion by the UK. Even before knowing the particulars. Their masters said, each and every time, that they were going to shoot it down, even before it was put on the table and Varadkar and co just bowed down, nodding in agreement. In business, if I was as dependent on a client as Ireland are of the UK, it be the first to ask to sit down and sort the shyte out. I would certainly not tell them to take their suggestions and piss off without even having a look at it.

Jul 06, 2019, 19:03

What is certain these treasonous leaders of Ireland are just puppets of the Brussels Globalists.

Ireland doesn't govern itself and must bow to their Brussels masters.

An open borders globalist snake like Stav is very happy to give away his country to the EU globalists and have the Irish replaced by invaders.

I trust Stav saw the clip when Ann told these nation destroying globalists off. Hahahaha was brilliant. 

Jul 08, 2019, 13:01

Hi Ceradyne

Per year, the UK pays a gross £17 billion contribution fee to the EU but the net fee is actually £9 billion when the rebate and other factors are calculated. The net benefit of EU membership in 2016 estimated as 4-5% of GPD or between £62-£78 billion per year.

Of course the UK can still trade with the EU from the outside as opposed to be being a member and still make a lot of money from doing so, but the fact is that it will be considerably less profitable than it was as a member. To suggest the UK could get better trade terms with the EU as a third party nation outside the EU as opposed to be being a member state is the height of madness. It would make the whole existence of the EU pointless.

As for negotiating trade deals with the rest of the world. Yes of course they will be able to do so and yes long term they can be profitable. But again its absurd to suggest the UK will get a better deals with these countries outside of the EU. In trade negotiations the larger your economy the more power and leverage you have, and the UK is leaving the worlds largest economy (or second largest economy depending on you define it).  

The UK secretary for foreign trade Liam Fox has just announced Canada and other unspecified nations are not willing to allow the current trade agreements Canada has with the EU to roll over to the UK while the possibility of a no deal brexit is on the table. Why would Canada and other nations sign a trade deal right now when they can extract better terms from a a potentially weakened UK at the end of October. But let me guess your gonna say that Canada wants to give the UK more favorable terms right because Canada loves the UK so much!

More over of the 40 trade agreements the EU has with other nations around the world, the UK has only been able to roll over 11 of them. While that's over 25% of them in % value of trade its only 12.5% of the total. Quite a number of them where signed after the March exit date. They would have had far less had they actually left on schedule. Also note they are roll over deals, which means they are the same deals (not better deals and in Switzerlands case its a worse deal) will require the UK to keep the same standards and regulations it had while being a member state of the EU, rendering the whole thing pointless.

As for Ireland hot headily rejecting the UK's proposals that's more Brexiteer propoganda. The reasons for rejecting the proposals for a technical solution are clear and well documented by Ireland and the EU. The UK just kept coming back with the same technical solutions proposals over and over. They didn't offer any other solutions. Even if the solutions where acceptable to Ireland the EU, the UK government admitted themselves the technology won't be ready until to 2030 at least! 

Regardless of the EU's position on the border, no government in Ireland would permit a hard border between north and south, it would be seen as them reigning on the GFA, a politically untenable position.  Varadkar is for sure not the most popular PM Ireland has ever had but the governments position on Brexit has widespread public and cross party support.  Without going too far into the history of the country, I'll point out briefly that a civil war was fought in this country over the border and it caused decades of immense conflict and political turmoil. The scares of that conflict still resonate to this day. The GFA was absolutely integral to restoring peace and stability to the island or Ireland. So of course when that agreement was threatened, Ireland was always going to take a very strong view on the matter. To suggest it was anything to do with Ireland bowing to EU pressure shows an ignorance of history. 

In business if I was as dependent on a client as UK are of the EU, it be the first to ask to sit down and sort the shyte out :)

The UK are finding they can no longer bully Ireland around. Makes a nice change after 700 years of them running the place. 

Oh yes Beeno I saw Ann's comment's. Had a good chuckle about it. The irony of her declaring the UK a leader among nations in ending slavery after it was her country than colonized 25% of the world was not lost on the rest of the EU. A new rival for Clown in Chief indeed.

Tell me Beeno, those invaders in my country, the 13% of people here who are not Irish nationals, should we kick all of them out or is only certain nationalities that need to go. Like the company I work for has a overwhelming Irish workforce but I should I tell the South African staff members her, they are no longer welcome or is that one dude from Zimbabwe needs to go. Do the 113,000 people living in Ireland from the UK need to go as well, or is the 10,000 Chinese nationals? Or the 11,000 Americans? What about the Brazilians, Italians or Spanish? Or is it just the 64,000 muslims that need to be kicked out (even with the ones with Irish Citizenship?)

Have to say it would look very bad if Ireland was to close its borders when for generations the Irish have emigrated across the globe in search of a better life. I believe 330,000 in South Africa claim Irish descent. The world wide diaspora for the Irish is 80 million. Be a tiny bit hypocritical to raise the shop closed sign on the door of the border wouldn't you say?

You need to Log in to reply.