You need to LOG IN to reply.

Forget about Global Warming

Forum » Beenos Trumpet » Forget about Global Warming

Jul 01, 2019, 20:40

It is bloody cold in Riversdale and the only warming thing is the fire-place where we have a nice fire going now for hours.  At least the one room in the house is bearable.  There are air-conditioning in two of the bedrooms and in the office - but that cannot be compared with the fire.         

Jul 01, 2019, 20:47

Ou maaaikie ya getting soft man! :D

But yes man made global warming is a hoax and you have to very gullible to suck up that BS. 

Jul 01, 2019, 22:24

The world's second biggest landmass.....and best bridge between the Tropics and the Arctic.....is averaging 1.6 degrees F below normal for the first six months of 2019. And we are supposed to be 1.45 degrees F above the historical benchmark at this point according to global warming.

That puts the average at a whopping 3.05F below prediction for a 6 month period in this significant area. And guess what...the previous 3 months October through December were 0.8 degrees F below normal.

All I hear is more breathless claims, while the planet chugs along making more ice and hardly moving in terms of temperature.

And none of the measurements are reliable because they have tweaked and re-weighted them so much nothing is real. And if there is a measurement bias it doesn't take a climate.....er....scientist to figure out which way the bias is going to work.

Jul 03, 2019, 08:27

If it's African armyworms, I think we should all be very much concerned about global worming.

Jul 03, 2019, 20:50

Dr Moz I really think the man made climate change hoax is starting to meet real resistance. 

Can't see the hoax lasting more than another 5 years or so. Every year is will lose strength. 

Jul 04, 2019, 07:41

Just read an article saying the world and Europe have just had their hottest June on record, and a separate article saying the arctic has lost the most ice ever! Somebody is lying to us all. Quite difficult to figure out who it is though.

Jul 04, 2019, 08:11

Global Warming is a hoax and is used for political advancement  by the extreme leftists as an agenda.   The CWC was in June and too many matches were cancelled due to rainy and cold conditions,     The French Open was in June too and  a lot of matches were postponed for the same reason.   Judge for yourself.

Jul 04, 2019, 08:32

Mike, everyone seems to have an agenda on the matter. I basically don't trust either side. I have stated it before, but my belief is that the world is getting hotter. Where I differ from the mainstream is that I am not convinced Co2 emissions play such a large role. I think man definitely does have an influence, but that is more due to do with the growth of cities and industrialisation. It is easy to confirm that cities are hotter than the surrounding areas. They reflect the heat back into the atmosphere, trees and forests and general greenery absorb the sun's heat, so deforestation will surely also play a large role. As far as Co2 emissions are concerned, they have increased at around the same pace as human population and industrialisation. In my opinion, it is very difficult to decipher which is most to blame. History has proven that the earth does have cyclical heating and cooling, and I believe we are in a heating part of the cycle. Long story short, I think that cyclical heating, the increasing concrete jungles (and the resultant reducing green spaces), and Co2 are all playing a role in the earth getting hotter.  

Jul 04, 2019, 09:18

Mike...what is global worming anyway? A new world wide study of worms? Just taking the piss Mikey. Check your title

Jul 04, 2019, 12:49

What does logic tells you while you are digesting this data?

Jul 04, 2019, 12:58

Blue, you are right, almost everyone in this debate has an agenda. The CO2 thing is absolute BS...we have much bigger problems than that. I can't understand how they can focus on that while ignoring the elephant in the room....our oceans are becoming cesspools and all we hear is people droning on about CO2 don't make sense, unless it's a diversion...

Jul 04, 2019, 13:25

Sorry - but was the latest Ice Age not about 12 000 years ago?

Jul 04, 2019, 13:54

The world should be a hell of a lot more concerned about overpopulation than anything else, yet it is just about never even mentioned. Absurd in my opinion.  

Jul 04, 2019, 16:12

Uncontrolled population growth and the pollution of water sources....and green energies rely on heavy metals and rare elements...all extremely dangerous water pollutants. 

Jul 04, 2019, 16:18

Maaik, from what I figure, the last ice age ended about 12K to 13K years ago.

Jul 05, 2019, 03:52

Then there's this:

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change assumes that the inclining atmospheric CO2 concentration over recent years was almost exclusively determined by anthropogenic emissions, and this increase is made responsible for the rising temperature over the Industrial Era. Due to the far reaching consequences of this assertion, in this contribution we critically scrutinize different carbon cycle models and compare them with observations. We further contrast them with an alternative concept, which also includes temperature dependent natural emission and absorption with an uptake rate scaling proportional with the CO2 concentration. We show that this approach is in agreement with all observations, and under this premise not really human activities are responsible for the observed CO2 increase and the expected temperature rise in the atmosphere, but just opposite the temperature itself dominantly controls the CO2 increase. Therefore, not CO2 but primarily native impacts are responsible for any observed climate changes.”

Jul 05, 2019, 04:00

"The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change assumes that the inclining atmospheric CO2 concentration over recent years was almost exclusively determined by anthropogenic emissions, and this increase is made responsible for the rising temperature over the Industrial Era. Due to the far reaching consequences of this assertion, in this contribution we critically scrutinize different carbon cycle models and compare them with observations. We further contrast them with an alternative concept, which also includes temperature dependent natural emission and absorption with an uptake rate scaling proportional with the CO2 concentration. We show that this approach is in agreement with all observations, and under this premise not really human activities are responsible for the observed CO2 increase and the expected temperature rise in the atmosphere, but just opposite the temperature itself dominantly controls the CO2 increase. Therefore, not CO2 but primarily native impacts are responsible for any observed climate changes.”

This study suggests that the primary driver is natural natural temperature change, which releases the interred CO2, eg in volcanic sands. Temperature increases CO2 rather than CO2 increasing temperature.

You need to Log in to reply.