You need to LOG IN to reply.

Honesty . . .

Forum » Beenos Trumpet » Honesty . . .

May 12, 2019, 21:26

I've been pondering the meaning of life lately.

Certain events in my life have made me think more deeply about relationships, bereavement and sadness . . . and honesty.

This may sound lame, but I've known some of the posters on these boards a lot longer than I've known family members, friends and work colleagues . . . and some of you know me better than a lot of people in real life . . . even if you don't know it.

Somewhere along the line I have built up a reputation for being dishonest on these boards. 

I like to think that when I post on here . . . be it rugby, other sport, politics or whatever else . . . that I am being honest. Expressing our views on an anonymous message board is an opportunity for all of us to be ourselves, to say what we mean and to mean what we say . . . but clearly I'm either wrong (and hopelessly naive) or else I'm a pathological liar. It's one of the two.

There are certain posters here who hold the view that I am a liar and therefore discount everything I ever say . . . yet these same posters refuse to ever quote the things they claim I say or substantiate their claims that I am being dishonest.

There's at least one poster on here who loathes and dislikes me to the extent that more than half his posts begin with the premise that I am either a barefaced liar, duplicitous or at the very least economical with the truth.

There's another poster who keeps a large and comprehensive database of just about all the things I've ever said and can quickly and easily find examples of contradictory things I've said on this board that could be seen as lies or dishonesty.

I'm not saying I am a saint, that I always tell the truth or I am any kind of paragon of virtue but there's one thing that I do know about myself . . . whether it's in a business meeting, a heart to heart with my wife or kids, a remark made around a braai or something I type up in this message board: my first and most basic instinct is to tell the tuth.

I consider myself to be an honest person.

Laugh away, list your long lists of contradictory quotes I've made or twist things that I've said to make them a lie . . . but I know who and what I am and I will reason with you and debate with you. What I won't do is accept your version of events just because it's you saying it.

I suspect there are one or two posters reading this who know they're being referred to in this admittedly whiny and attention-seeking post . . . but understand this much . . . either put up or shut up. I despise cowards.

May 13, 2019, 09:02

Rooi

I for one appreciate your honesty. Have said so in the past too. When we disagree, somehow I don't feel attacked and it's probably because I approach it from that perspective. Obviously our interpersonal histories all differ in content and in scope so some relationships are totally different.

One thing I can say/ask with 100% certainty is that if you're such a big liar and asshole, why is it that you've never attacked me despite some of my wild ideas and poor rugby calls? You're not the common denominator in those negative exchanges. We all are, at some point.

Everyone here disagrees and gets accused of all manner of BS. To be fair, you, Moz and Mike take a lot of stick but it's probably because you guys post a lot about different things and people can't take an opposing view without resorting to character assassination. 

We've got 99% in common but pretend that the 1% makes us enemies.

Humans dude :)

May 13, 2019, 13:21

Redneck ... I presume I’ve made your list??

I must say, I’m a little surprised to see a post like this coming from you.    

This is exactly the type of post you’d mock unrelentingly. You’d go out of your way to embarrass the poster as best you can ... and you’d remind him of this entry for many moons to come.

That’s the Redneck I know.

Who the fcuk are you?

If I had to select a few descriptive word for you ... it certainly would not be "liar".

"Mocker" and "arsehole" are far better suited to you.

You are generally just an unpleasant person. It's what comes naturally to you.

Can I take it this tearful rant of yours is due to one too many? I bit of woe is me?

Are your fellow posters being a little too mean to Redneck? Calling you a liar ... dishonest ... shamepies ... poor little Redneck ... all alone ... nobody loves him!!!

May 13, 2019, 13:39

May 13, 2019, 20:53

Seems like you have been through a few tough experiences of late Rooinek. It happens to us all, and it does put things in perspective. I hope whatever is bothering you works out for the best.

May 13, 2019, 21:36

Yes rooitwit hope it all works out for you. Life teaches us many things often pointing us to God. Life does NOT go on forever and that raises many questions. Best you start taking this stuff more seriously. 

I think your main problem is monumental ignorance and a stubborn desire to remain so. Hahahahaha. 

Anyhow we can't all be well informed and getting it right so you are forgiven! :D

Good post rooinek. 

May 13, 2019, 21:40

Actually Denny hinted at the fact that there was actually some good sharing go on this board dispute profound differences and strongly put views. 

Say what you think even if you are wrong. Ie you disagree with Beeno. 

May 13, 2019, 23:28

Rooi We are all good people. Rugby and sport in general brings us together.

I'd be happy to hear you if you need an ear brother. I'm not as mad, perverted and dumb as I like people to think I am.

Always here for you and the rest of you.

May 14, 2019, 03:48

We all seek acceptance, every single one of us, rejection kick starts conflict. Look to the heavens as the perfect example of what makes our Universe functional. The Earth as we know is different to Mars as it is to all other known planets but everything is functional and it's functional because it has found a way to coexist. It has rhythm and balance and it's something we need to find in our own lives. Without it we are lost just like a rugby team that has no shape or pattern of play. The past is history and serves as a lesson, there is no point in regurgitating what we can't unsay or undo and so on that basis we move on and if we need to coexist in a meaningful manner then we need to become functional.

This forum is the epitome of life, it is functional and a good leveler and given time it will strip you bare. Its strength is found in its diversity of persona and opinion. So when we take our place in this room, when we want to find acceptance then we need to address our own imperfections and shortcomings, we need to accept certain norms without sacrificing our own individuality. 

I say we because I include myself. I wish you well Rooinek.

May 14, 2019, 08:09

Well there you have it.

Mozart and Denny ... long time enemies of the tearful Redneck have extended a comforting hand of friendship.

Even BeanDip has made an effort to reach out to this piece of shit.

Will the Arsehole step up and meet them half way ... or will he continue as he has for eons?

My money's on the latter. He is what he is and there's no changing him from a twat to a likeable, standup guy.

His most recent response to BeanDip in another thread says it all.

He's probably very embarrassed by this tearful plea for understanding ... undoubtedly made during an emotional state of self pity ... wallowing in it ... brought on by too much beer.

I'm done with this prick.

May 14, 2019, 11:03

Only two people know the truth, the man upstairs and the man or woman in the mirror.  And possibly your mother.

A little bit of kindness and respect wouldn’t go amiss though.  Does anyone watch that Caught in Providence with Judge Frank Caprio?  I watched an episode recently and I thought something he said was noteworthy.

‘I look at the world through the eyes of the people I’m talking to.’

Imagine what would happen if we all did that, would go a long way to understanding what folks go through.

May 14, 2019, 11:23

Rooi, we've been at logger heads since your return as Koos...for some odd reason we are constantly on opposite sides...until I threw a fit a month or so ago, now we basically ignore each other...and that's fine. I can actually live with the fact that there are people who dislike me and what I stand for...even intensely dislike or hate me, but I won't change who or what I am to change that. I don't like holding grudges and try to get along with everybody, but I have actually come across a few people dislike. I did not choose to, it just happened. For some odd reason, you are not one of them. I dislike some of the things you say and do, but I don't dislike you as a person...not that it should mean anything, I am just surprised by the fact.

I suspect there are one or two posters reading this who know they're being referred to in this admittedly whiny and attention-seeking post . . . but understand this much . . . either put up or shut up. I despise cowards.

That does not make sense, I know you think I'm stupid and I don't mind you despising cowards, it just doesn't make sense.

May 14, 2019, 11:35

anybody wanna meet for a burger at lunch time?

May 14, 2019, 12:00

Are you paying chippo :P

May 14, 2019, 12:03

Oh c’mon draad......we know the stupid ones are the ones who decided to quit this place so you are not one of them haha

Just kidding Justwin and Wardad if you happen to be reading this :'(

May 14, 2019, 13:49

Um cloudy, didnt you quit for a while when some of the posters got too heavy for you?

Mind you, with the language that goes on here, i'd also quit if i were a lass.

May 14, 2019, 14:43

I did chippo....I had to spend hours and hours in the cowshed to get over that hissy fit.  Stupid is as stupid as.  But I missed you soooooo much I couldn’t stay away ;)

So are you paying?

May 14, 2019, 14:49

haha Clouds, come visit SA and I'll pay for your meal and drinks.

May 14, 2019, 14:52

I’ll get there one day you better believe it!!

And thank you for the invitation :)

May 15, 2019, 01:06

Cloudy, I suggest that you go on the Ruckers tour of SA. Draad's a dead cert for putting his hand up to be your Cape Town host ....... then head east to tranquil Riversdale & kuier (visit) with our ouMaaik. Rooinek will welcome you to Joburg & I'm sure that you two can pull out a Plum. Chippo has some dodgy tastes but he seems to be an ok oak. ......./ then there's Pakie in pretty Pofadder  ........ alas, I don't know where most reside although I'm sure potential hosts will put their hands up.

Ps. dunno about not-so-CleanCut.

May 15, 2019, 03:56

You know where a few reside blobbok that's pretty funny stuff clever too ;)

So when you say 'oak' is that like the Aussies/kiwis saying 'fulla' or 'mate'

It will be CT so looks like draad is the lucky one :P

Where are you originally from?

May 15, 2019, 06:40

'Oak' is actually a Beano-word, ............  should be oke, but he was schooled in Zambia I believe.

http://www.capetown-webcam.com/

May 15, 2019, 08:51

Oak is a Beenoism for an "as-thick-as-an-oak-plank-oke"...in his world he is the only normal "oke":D

May 15, 2019, 09:16

Well I never and here I was thinking it was some kind of Afrikaans slang.  Beenoism :'(

That’s a beautiful picture blobbok.  The panoramic night view is breathtaking...can’t wait to get there one day.  It would have been this year but I’m off to the States in September so my SA trip with my friend is on hold for a while.  I have to find out where her family is from, I think it’s outside of CT.

May 15, 2019, 10:11

Clouds, Beeno is not Afrikaans...from the top of my head, its only myself, Maaik, Blikkies and Pakie(?). I know Blob can speak the"taal" and I'm sure Deny too, but most on here are English speaking...not that it matters though. We South Africans borrowed from everyone....English, French, Germans, Malay, Koi, San, Zulu, Xhosa, Dutch, etc!

May 15, 2019, 12:53

Cloudy, its more than a picture, itsa webcam updating every 10 minutes.

May 15, 2019, 12:58

Oh pray tell me draad.....what is he?

May 15, 2019, 12:59

Blobbok...kinda figured that but was only on it for a few mins. Gorgeous though.

I want a ride on that Table Mountain cable car :)

May 15, 2019, 13:17

I remember my last trip   .......... 1st car up with many of the restaurant staff . ............ a walk around the berg & indoors for breakfast,  mushrooms on toast,coffee.& the Cape Times.

May 15, 2019, 13:21

Sounds amazing who can’t resist mushrooms freshly picked in the paddock and lightly fried in butter then on toast mm mm

I haven’t been to the Sth Island on the cable cars and I’m going to ride one in CT first (hopefully).  Always the way. 

Are you originally from there blobbok?

May 15, 2019, 13:30

Born & bred, grew up in an inner city suburb of one of the the most beautiful cities on planet Earth.

May 15, 2019, 13:41

I bet it is.  Any city by the sea is pretty special.  I must find out where my friend lives and let you know.  I guess you didn’t leave because you didn’t like the scenery lol

May 15, 2019, 14:11

Cloudy

I grew up just below Table Mountain. Look to the left of the Pic, that bit sticking out is called "Devils Peak" scroll down from the top at an 80 degree angle and that's where we lived. When I stepped out the front door of our house I faced Table Mountain, do a U-turn of 180 degrees and I'd be looking down on Table Bay and the city. Going for a walk up the mountain was just an everyday affair....no big deal.

Tell you what, when you ever get to the top of Table Mountain, time your stay so that you have a day as well as an evening view okay? What I challenge you to do is to tell which is more amazing, the day or night view? 

I still don't know.

The cable car is very quick, too quick, I much prefer the previous older one, but at the top the mountain is flat hence the name, it's very touristy with an awesome bar looking out over the ocean and the restaurant is really great as well. There's International feel about up there. Best to wear your flatties, I've seen Europeans clambering around the mountain in stiletto's!

The top of the mountain should be high on everyone's bucket list, I've traveled some but I can tell you there's nothing like having the truly amazing experience of Table Mountain.

It's breathtaking.

May 15, 2019, 14:22

Breathtaking it is.....you were pretty close to the ocean...nice.

Can’t wait to get there hopefully next year.

May 15, 2019, 18:20

Clauds, I suspect that Beeno is a human person like us all. I know what his real name is and I know what university he attended. I also know that he played Fly-half for a school in Zimbabwe (but it was Rhodesia back then). I know he is still married and has a daughter and a grand daughter. If I think real hard, I can probably recall the name of his grand daughter. 

These are all things that Beeno shared over the years. There are a lot more details to his life, but these are the things I recall now. He might not be everyone's cup of tea and some of the posters really hate him, but he is a good person....with a strange sense of humor.:D

May 15, 2019, 19:34

Also lived in that great country Rhodesia for a while, in Salisbury, West Road, Avondale, Beeno...a beautiful country with a very high quality of life.

Also lived near the mountain, Denny... in Clifton, last cottage on the left on 3rd Beach...called Hideaway...palmy days and used to hike up Table Mountain very early before work just drove up Kloof road from Camps Bay...there was a track that was stepped up the mountain...good exercise, my dog Angus and I often hiked up.

May 16, 2019, 03:26

Draad....sounds like a loveable chap.  His real name is ragingbok who used to frequent the old ABS.com forum :'( nah just kidding I don’t know who that was he was a nasty one though.  Anyway like rooinek said you get to know people in here better than some in real life and you have a sense of what people are like, not fully but a sense.  Beeno is harmless but I do think he has a little bit of a mean streak maybe that’s what happens when you get to be a grandfather.  My pop got less and less patient as he got older and used to whack us kids with his walking stick if we were naughty.  Hope Beeno doesn’t do that lol

Certainly he’s tolerated let’s face it, most likely I am too. We can’t help ourselves. Now if he could just try and state his own opinions from his heart instead of copying and pasting then I’ll read more of his posts.  Hate is not a nice word...I don’t hate him ...hmmm maybe dislike :P

May 16, 2019, 03:50

Seba, it sounds like you and Moz were neighbors, he lived in Bantry Bay.

It's a mighty small world.

Both awesome spots.

May 16, 2019, 05:18

Can't beat a cottage on Clifton beach for cool. I spent much of my first varsity summer body surfing off Third Beach with some made Germans who never saw a wave that was too big.

May 16, 2019, 06:46

Mozart... my buddy and I rented a cottage (bungalow) no 23 on Third Beach from a Jewish doctor in Jo'burg. It was just an unpretentious 2 bedroomed bungalow in those days, the rent was only if I remember correctly R430 pm (in 1978). There was a condition however in that we had to evacuate for a month over Christmas period when he and his wife came down for a holiday.

We were the last cottage on the left as you came down the steps, right on the beach...beautiful in summer, in fact Hollywood style of living without the plastics but could be pretty awful in winter when the NW blew and waves crashed over against the small garden wall sending salt spray on windows and very damp carpets.Fortunately it did dampen us as it did not happen that often.

They have now done it up and turned into this...a two bedroomed condo which now is on the market for R37,500,000.

2 Bedroom House for sale in Clifton - Third Beach - P24-106913929

Hard to believe...certainly not worth it imho, besides it lacks the rustic feel it used to have and you now have plastic sythetical jet-setters and multi million rands or more likely dollars yuppies as you neighbours.

Not my style anymore...it will never be the same as it was...no crime, less crowds but plenty of beautiful girls when I was young and single but it was hard to live there and work hard...

May 16, 2019, 08:31

Seb and Mozart .....sounds so idyllic. It’s sad how things change from your childhood and adolescence. The places you used to hang out and play as kids have now made way to luxury homes and apartments. We used to camp every Christmas at a little beach called Te Ngaere Bay only 3 little summer cottages back then, now you can’t recognise the place after land developers came in and built holiday homes and apartments which you can’t even afford to stay in. Times have changed...

May 16, 2019, 10:55

Draad  my playing flyhalf is fake news. Played center, wing and flank. Have two daughters not one.

Yes dear Cloudy you sometimes talk garbage and you get straightened out for sure. Some of your ignorance is downright dangerous. Please pay attention Cloudy when your betters post! :D

All that said rooinek made a great post and CC needs to give credit.

Everyone is entitled to their own views but must always remember there is Beeno's view and the wrong view!:D

The board has become a place where oaks can share their ignorance with fear of contradiction. How much better that than the PC world the globalists are trying to force upon us wvth all their censorship. Who are the Globalists asks poor sharkbok. Hahahhahaha sharkbokkie is a very ignorant oak at the best of times.

Anyhow its all fun and hope everyone enjoys the games played! The vast majority here are not deeply malicious but some are badly misguided! :D  There are lots of laughs to be had on the board!!!!

May 16, 2019, 11:28

Any more grandchildren Beenz? I recall her name now. Hope God bless you with many more....as for the fake news...I must have misunderstood, because there is nothing wrong with my memory.:D

May 16, 2019, 11:35

Seb, a friend of mine's gran had a "small cottage" in Llandadno, she drove a convertible SL500 Merc. Cool lady....that was in the early 90's. Place must be worth a bundle now! 

May 16, 2019, 11:38

May 16, 2019, 12:12

Nothing in life is permanent.

May 16, 2019, 12:47

Too true Denny:(

May 16, 2019, 12:52

Draad those are beautiful pieces of machinery but I prefer even the older models that have chrome bumpers...if you can find one that's been maintained in pristine condition, engine and body they are collectors pieces and go for a premium anywhere in the world. They are true classics if they are German imports especially...one of best pieces of true German engineering.

These are cars that actually under these conditions increase in value...ask Mozart what they go for in the USA. It's a type of vehicle that never loses it's prestige and only truly wealthy can afford.

Rather like old Rolls Royces and Daimlers and Bentleys.

May 16, 2019, 13:04

True Denny. Like your two front teeth. Those were super temporary.

It seems to be an issue down in the Cape Flats.

Any reason why?

May 16, 2019, 13:11

May 16, 2019, 13:13

Tried to copy and paste one but although it copy's on to Word Windows, it comes out blank.

May 16, 2019, 13:25

or, putting it another way........change is constant.

May 16, 2019, 14:15

May 16, 2019, 20:40

My favourite classic car:

May 16, 2019, 21:58

Not too shabby

May 16, 2019, 22:03

My favorite...corny I suppose, but hell, I love it!

May 16, 2019, 22:13

Not nearly the same thing...Long story, but I had one of these...in mint condition, with a brand new engine..I sold it...dumb Still miss it though...nostalgia.:'( Not exactly Mozz's Ferrari but I enjoyed it all the same.

May 16, 2019, 22:41

Image result for mr bean car

May 16, 2019, 22:41

Image result for mr bean car

May 16, 2019, 22:50

Mr Bean's green Mini has become a collectors classic and 1960 Mini's in that colour are worth 5 times Mini's from the same year in any other colour.

May 17, 2019, 08:02

Interesting, but not surprising

Rooinek makes a very detailed and emotional post, explaining his inner most thoughts about how he perceives himself to be a honest person at heart..... and basically advising us all how he battles his inner demons in some way, but overall believes himself to be an honest and true person...… and he really pours his heart out in that post......clearly searching for some emotional support from his fellow posters on this forum

Well it really was great and surprising to see, that that emotional support clearly arrived, from some very unexpected posters on here...….

Plum, Moz, Beeno, Denny and Chippo, in particular..... really provided some insightful and meaningful, yet very honest feedback, to uplift this lost soul, that we all know as Rooinek

Who would ever have thought that the people that Rooinek despises, and continually insults on this forum every single day, would come to his aid, in his real time of need.

These people on this forum then replied directly to Rooinek, with some very pleasant responses, and wishing him well in general.

I then expected Rooinek to reply back to all these posters in some way...…. even just a small way......at least temporarily putting his dislike of these posters aside, and acknowledging that they had actually taken the time out to give him some good and best wishes going forward.

Nope, not this poster... Rooinek…... the very first post he makes after everyone has had a word, or responded in some way to this post of his...…. is to post a pic of his favourite car. 

No thanks for the best wishes, no responses to these posts directed to him...…. nothing...zero

Rooinek, instead of going on a personal mission to find out from your fellow posters about how honest they think you are...…... maybe you should change that personal mission of yours.... to trying to find some basic common decency...….. and not honesty

May 17, 2019, 08:20

DumbAss makes a valid point.

Thank you Plum, Moffie, Baboon-ou, Dense and others who gave me some encouragement on this thread. It was appreciated.

May 17, 2019, 09:23

Well it is enlightening to see this change of heart and it has a familiar ring of truth in it...there indeed comes a time in one's life when one changes attitude and does some deep inner reflections of ones stance in life.

Well done Rooinek and I wish you well.

May 17, 2019, 11:48

DA, by posting the Cobra pic, Rooi acknowledges that he has read the responses, but does not know how to repond to it just yet, so he talks about something else in a positive way...supposedly untill he has made up his mind. Rather that, than being rude or suddenly being jovial and pretend the last couple of years did not happen.

May 17, 2019, 12:37

Db, I honestly really fail to understand why you are now trying to justify the fact that Rooinek was rude for not acknowledging the various posts that he personally received from our fellow posters...… the same posters that he normally lambastes on this forum every single day

I am also extremely surprised that you now also seem to believe that you really know and totally understand exactly what is happening in the very confused and crazy mind of Rooinek...….especially when you yourself Db, have posted many times on this very same forum about how confused, annoyed and sometimes even angry you personally were, with how ugly and rude Rooinek is and can be, and I think you even called him a dick recently.

But now you seem to know him..... better than he himself does

Try any way you want to Db, but it won't wash with me at all, especially since Rooinek himself even accepts that I made a valid point and he now did the correct thing by acknowledging those posters

You certainly do your best to be a very nice guy Db and I really do believe that you are...… sometimes too nice...….. but you trying to explain the motives of Rooinek to me, and basically telling me that I am wrong for mentioning this, is extremely funny and concerning at the same time

May 17, 2019, 13:42

DA, you are too nice, but my motives weren't that noble...although I stand by what I posted, there was an element of jest and mockery in my words...and you were spot on.:D

I do however sense some disturbance in the force on this forum.

May 17, 2019, 14:22

Well I missed this thread entirely, so I'll add my two cents even though somewhat after the fact.

The meaning of life for me differs from yours somewhat Rooiter. I know you have singled it down to the evolutionary purpose of surviving and basically passing your genes on to the next generation. For me, it is to find contentment, take in the little details that our uber goal orientated human brains tend to miss, but most importantly, it is to be happy. I am very happy. I have the most fantastic relationship with my wife. I still look at her every day and find her beautiful. And even though we've been together for 14 years, I still get excited when I'm at home and I hear her arrive from work or shopping or whatever. I have found extreme value in such things. Sure, cars and houses and money are nice to have, and as far as those things are concerned, I have enough. More would be nice, but not needed. Long story short, people need to stop looking for the meaning of life, and just look at what they already have. They'll probably find the search is already over. 

I have come to value my family and friends and health infinitely more recently. 

On honesty, well Rooiter, good on you for for saying what you did in your opening post. I think most saw it for what it was, even your "enemies". I am sure you have contradicted yourself in the past, but that does not mean you were lying. I believe that truly reflecting on yourself is the most pure form of honesty there is, you can fool others, but not yourself. I believe you have clearly done so above. On my own honesty, I try never to lie. I think it is fair to say I have never lied on this forum, I do sometimes change my mind, so my opinions on the same topic may vary, but no lies. 

So Rooiters, to you and everyone else, be happy, be healthy and open your eyes, happiness is probably right in front of you. 

Lastly...Image result for koenigsegg jesko

Old is good and well, but technology moves forward for a reason. Don't believe me? Take a look down at your smart phone. I'll take this Jesko over any classic...thanks very much. 

May 17, 2019, 14:36

Nice post blue

Nice car as well

May 17, 2019, 16:38

“When you get what you want in your struggle for pelf, And the world makes you king for a day, Then go to the mirror and look at yourself, And see what that man has to say. For it isn’t a man’s father, mother or wife, Whose judgement upon him must pass, The fellow whose verdict counts most in life, Is the man staring back from the glass. He’s the fellow to please, never mind all the rest, For he’s with you clear to the end, And you’ve passed your most dangerous, difficult test, If the man in the glass is your friend. You can fool the whole world down the pathway of years, And get pats on the back as you pass, But the final reward will be heartache and tears, If you’ve cheated the man in the glass.”

= Dale Wimbrow, first published in The American Magazine in 1934

May 17, 2019, 16:50

Peace Train
Now I've been happy lately
Thinking about the good things to come
And I believe it could be
Something good has begun
Oh, I've been smiling lately
Dreaming about the world as one
And I believe it could be
Someday it's going to come
'Cause I'm on the edge of darkness
There ride the Peace Train
Oh, Peace Train take this country
Come take me home again
Now I've been smiling lately, 
Thinkin' about the good things to come
And I believe it could be, 
Something good has begun
Oh Peace Train sounding louder
Glide on the Peace Train
Come on now Peace Train
Yes, Peace Train holy roller
Everyone jump upon the Peace Train
Come on now, Peace Train
Get your bags together, 
Go bring your good friends, too
'Cause it's getting nearer, 
It soon will be with you
Now come and join the living, 
It's not so far from you
And it's getting nearer, 
Soon it will all be true
Glide on the Peace Train
Come on now Peace Train
Peace Train
Now I've been crying lately, 
Thinkin' about the world as it is
Why must we go on hating, 
Why can't we live in bliss
'Cause out on the edge of darkness, 
There rides a Peace Train
Oh Peace Train take this country, 
Come take me home again
Glide on the Peace Train
Come on now, Peace Train
Yes, Peace Train holy roller
Everyone jump upon the Peace Train
Come on, come on, come on
Yes, come on, peace train
Yes, it's the peace train
Come on now, peace train
Oh, peace train

May 18, 2019, 01:48

Nice post Blou.

For me, there's this analogy......

Two people sitting on a beach, they're both soaking up the sun but one of them wonders what's on the other side of the horizon, questions, needs to know, needs to understand, the other, doesn't care, has no interest......

I believe there's the inner you and the outer you and that you only find peace and stability once you've discovered the inner you......it most probably is a lifelong search. 

What we see of each other is the outer you with some rare glimpses of the inner you.

May 18, 2019, 07:15

Jesko over any classic.....nah! Choose the Ferrari 250 GTO. Then sell it and you can buy 35 Jeskos .....or one Gesco, a yacht, 6000 bottles of 1990 Chateau Petrus and a nice mansion in Cap Ferrat.

We have a Koenigsegg dealer in town....saw the Jesko recently the attention to detail is impressive....but the all carbon fibre bodied Regera is cooler to look at.

That said the Pagani Zonda Cinque roadster, would be my pick....not the fastest, but the coolest.

May 18, 2019, 10:25

Schumacher drove a ford before he had a Ferrari!:D photo Yellow GT40.jpg" />

May 18, 2019, 13:01

May 18, 2019, 19:26

One of the iconic body shapes, along with the Miura.

May 18, 2019, 19:47

Indeed...the Italians were great...and Ford cheated a bit:D...fantastic cars.

May 18, 2019, 19:49

The Dino was almost the same thing.

May 18, 2019, 21:02

Had one of those, but mine was a sypder.

May 18, 2019, 22:32

Mine was a yellow "Matchbox":D

May 18, 2019, 22:50

Very wise Draad with all that boerwors and beer you wouldn't fit in a real one....these things are made for elegant chaps with no more than a size 11 Gucci loafer.

May 22, 2019, 10:07

Out of respect for the decent members on this forum I'm replying to this deceptive fake who claims honesty, it astounds me that others members cannot see the contradiction, lack of sincerity and hypocrisy. This same member who insults delicate values that people have to the decent things in life, like family, schools with high achievements and pupils. He insinuates things that are totally untrue and knows absolutely zero about what he insults in a disgusting way...his lack of principles and breeding knows no bounds.

I for one, erred in assuming the above was genuine and bit my lip and was prepared to let bygones be bygones and give this post the credit and benefit of the doubt, I was very naive but there are some that are as blind as a bat to this fake pretender.

A nasty piece of work. Why the spineless admin of this forum do sweet nothings here is beyond me...he is twisted and adds nothing of value as far as building this forum despite the fact he does post the odd post that is good on sport. In the end he devalues any common decency to the goodwill he pretends to have. He is an outright liar and deceiver.

The same poster who searches the internet about private and sensitive issues, insinuates Mozart has indecent intentions with his grandchildren, exposes sensitive details of Denny's background and now infers my lovely wife, who I love dearly is a Russian prostitute.

The most lowest of thelow, ill-bred type. An apology of a human being.

A complete and utter imposter. Who knows no remorse for the harm he inflicts on others.

Yes, Moz you were right, a perfect example of a sociopath, bordering psycopath.

May 22, 2019, 12:20

Oh dear . . . I hope this doesn't mean that you've stopped praying for me, Tit. You did once tell me you used to pray for me, right?

LMAO!

This thread was started because I was getting sick and tired of always being labelled a liar without any evidence or substantiation . . . and here you are telling me I called your wife a prostitute. Now, if you're not a stinking liar yourself, kindly quote where I called your wife (or anyone else for that matter) a prostitute. 

Off you go now, Tit . . . either come back with the evidence or else be man enough to admit that you're lying.

Oh and don't forget me in your prayers, okay?

May 22, 2019, 13:01

Typical manipulation of word play, sociopaths are very good at this; you referred to Russian postal brides which implies bought brides and your insinuations are obvious.

No, I'm not a liar, you are the liar and deceiver anybody who is reasonably discerning can see that.

The only remorse you know is self-pity and guilt and change only happens when you truly desire to change your attitude in deeds not pretentious words.

Yes, I do feel pity for you and yes I would be happy if you one day are honest deeply with yourself and change. That's sincere and I wish that on all, even you. Who I pray for is between God and myself and that's not your business, it's between God and I.

But there again, it's clear that you are mocking and insincere and indeed deceiving. You might think you fool others but certainly not me.

Such things don't need answers...I think you know that. Look in the mirror.

May 22, 2019, 13:22

I see . . . so on a thread where I'm complaining about people calling me a liar yet being too cowardly to substantiate their claims, you're telling me I'm a liar but . . . ummmm . . . you're too cowardly to substantiate your claim?

Noted.

Lies and cowardice . . . what a good advert for your school you are, Tit.

May 22, 2019, 13:24

"Who I pray for is between God and myself and that's not your business, it's between God and I."

Okay . . . but that then begs the question, why did you once tell me that you pray for me, Tit? Hmmm? You made it my business then when you said it you stupid little man . . . or are you going to lie again and claim you never said that?

May 22, 2019, 14:15

"This thread was started because I was getting sick and tired of always being labelled a liar without any evidence or substantiation"

Clearly then Rooinek, this thread is not directed to me...…?

Because every single incident where you have blatantly lied to everyone on this forum, that I was aware of..... I have provided the necessary facts and proof to back up my claim against you, that you are a barefaced liar.

I don't expect you to agree with me on this...… so by all means, tell everyone here right now if you think I am the one lying...…...

We will all very quickly and clearly see who the dishonest one is here, between you and I

"either put up or shut up. I despise cowards"

May 22, 2019, 15:18

From the OP on this thread:

"There's another poster who keeps a large and comprehensive database of just about all the things I've ever said and can quickly and easily find examples of contradictory things I've said on this board that could be seen as lies or dishonesty."

That's the reference to you, DumbAss. I'm surprised you needed me to tell you that.

May 22, 2019, 16:04

"contradictory things I've said on this board that could be seen as lies or dishonesty.""

Is this your way of trying to explain your blatant and utter barefaced dishonesty from the past till now?

So what you said in the past was only just contradictory things that could be seen as lies or dishonesty...… you seems to be starting your dishonesty all over again.... LMAO.

You and I both know for a fact that you are the absolute worst liar and dishonest poster that this board has ever encountered...…. ever...….and you want people here to believe that it is just contradictory posts that you make.... LMFAO !!

It is the sole reason why you yourself made this sorrowful thread to begin with...….deep down inside you know for a fact that you are naturally a very dishonest person, because you are, and we have all experienced it. 

Too many separate and individual posters cannot be wrong about you Rooinek

Why would you even bother with starting this thread to begin with, if it didn't bother you at all, or as much...….you know for a fact, it is true.....

This thread was made at 21:26pm, so you obviously had a few drinks, and started feeling all sorry for yourself again, realizing how horrible and dishonest or deceitful you have been in the past, to so many posters on here......and you wanted to get some sympathy from someone, and started your morbid bitch and moan fest about honesty..... oh, the irony that you are being dishonest in your very own honesty thread LMFAO....

How many posters now on this forum alone, have called you the most deceitful and dishonest person online, that they have ever come across... period.

You know that this is completely true, as well as I do..... so let that sink in for just a bit...….....deceitful, dishonest, disgusting..... and the common denominator at all times time is...… Rooinek.

That is one hell of a badge to earn and wear Rooinek….. and knowing you..... it would probably make you profoundly proud and happy.

You are piece of work Rooinek….. a very deceitful and dishonest piece of work

You do however have something to be grateful for Piss Mint

You should consider yourself extremely lucky Rooinek….. that your family, friends and colleagues..... never ever gets to see what and how people really think of you and what type of person you have become to them personally, over all these years...…..even if it is just an online persona...…. because one thing we do know now, is that you can try and say that it doesn't bother you at all what anyone thinks of you, but just by you posting this thread here.....it very clearly does bother you, in a big way.

Disgusting, Sociopath, Peeping Tom, Vile, Drunkard, Druggie, Dishonest, Deceitful, untrustworthy, zero integrity, no morals...….. this is all you Rooinek

What a badge to earn and wear

May 22, 2019, 16:12

Well, at least there's no debate about who tries the hardest to make me out to be a liar.

May 22, 2019, 16:46

Well at least there's no debate about who is fighting his inner demons on this forum......, when he is sitting up at 21:26pm on Sunday evenings posting shit like this..... to garner sympathy from posters that he has ridiculed and embarrassed over so many years.

How utterly pathetic is that Rooinek

Or in particular, how about the fact that some very kind words were directed to you, from a gentleman on this forum...…… the same gentleman who you have recently and constantly insinuated to everyone on this forum...... that he wants to do bad things to his own grand children?

How utterly sad and pathetic are you really.... Rooinek

And then...... lastly...….when you do finally get the support that you really really wanted..... from the most unexpected posters ever..... you lack even the simplest common decency of thanking them for their kind words..... and you need to be reminded to do it

You couldn't script this any worse

As I said, your family are really the lucky ones in all this

May 22, 2019, 16:59

"Well, at least there's no debate about who tries the hardest to make me out to be a liar"

Piss Mint

If you believe I am "trying" to make "you out" to be a liar, should I go ahead and "try"?

May 22, 2019, 18:46

"If you believe I am "trying" to make "you out" to be a liar, should I go ahead and "try"?"

Yes please! Give it your absolute best shot.

I'd like to see if you could be even more obsessed with me than you already are. I wouldn't have thought it possible but go ahead and prove me wrong. 

The floor is all yours, DumbAss. Let's see what happens when you really try.

LMAO!

May 22, 2019, 19:00

I liked this thread more when we were talking about cars!:'(

May 23, 2019, 06:52

There you go draaad just for you.  I had one of these for years best car and the most economical ran on the smell of an oily rag.  And if you can see this, I finally figured out how to post an image thanks for your help.  (no longer a doff :'()

May 23, 2019, 07:45

"Yes please! Give it your absolute best shot"

No problem Piss Mint, but let's at least clarify something first

You are sating in your very own "Honesty" thread, that all the past accusations towards you were just contradictions to make you "look" like you were lying or being dishonest?

So in other words, you are stating here right now, that you have never been openly and deliberately dishonest on this forum, it was all just contradictory stuff that you posted which could be "seen" as lies or dishonesty?

Set the record straight first Piss Mint, because history has shown us far too many times, how you try your best to deny or twist your statements and be deceitful and be dishonest, when you are in a corner

May 23, 2019, 08:09

Pffffffhahahaha!

Are you trying hard yet, DumbAss?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Not for the first time, this sad, lifeless and obsessive loser boasts about something he's going to do and when told to go ahead he suddenly has a whole bunch of conditions . . . first say this and then say that.

It's like the time when the weak-arsed coward said he'd reveal the name he used on the old Supersport board and when pushed for it, all of a sudden I first had to promise various things and jump through a whole bunch of his little hoops.

The funniest thing about DumbAss is the fact that he thinks he has so much relevance and significance on this meaningless little forum when in fact he is just a whiny and self-important little squealer who can't even get the recognition and love that he craves on a mundane and anonymous forum like this.

If he's such an embarrassing attention-seeker on here one wonders what a pitiful loser he's like in the real world? The mind boggles!

May 23, 2019, 09:26

Rooi

Why do you care?

People have shown you, on this thread, that despite everything, from both sides, there is common ground and caring for each other. Even between the worst of board enemies.

Being called something that you believe you are not is never cool. 

Problem is that once the amount of data reaches a certain size, it becomes impossible to prove or disprove the accusation either way.

It's just gonna go round and round for ever. 

Rather spend your time making some of the cool posts you're capable of.

Anyway, my Lions are gunna destroy your team this weekend. 

May 23, 2019, 09:56

Plum, you make it sound like I'm not making anymore rugby posts.

This morning alone I've updated the Rebels, Waratahs and Sunwolves teams for the Fantasy players and I've initiated some discussion on the Crusaders forward pass after SANZAR ruled the decision was incorrect.

Might not sound like a huge contribution but it's only 9.52 am and it's a heck of a lot more rugby contribution than DumbAss has made in the last few days let alone hours. DumbAss's recent "contributions" to the board have been a series of snivelling whines about what a naughty liar Rooinek is.

Given that home ground advantage plays almost no part in Sharks vs Lions games, it's a tough one to call. My Superbru pick was Sharks by 1 but that's more with my heart than my head. We'll talk more after the teams are announced.

May 23, 2019, 11:43

"one wonders what a pitiful loser he's like in the real world?"

Can you script this any better...…. this is from the very same 57 year old man who ran away and told everyone here to "Fuck Off, because nobody on this forum agreed with his opinion...… Rooinek, you were desperately seeking everyone's approval on this forum, and nobody gave it to you...… so you did what you do best...….. you ran away

LMFAO

This is also the same sad pathetic 57 year old moron who is sitting up on Sunday evenings, ignoring his family, making embarrassing and childish posts, requesting people to reply back to him, to make him feel better about himself...….. seeking justification from others again..... I see a trend here Rooinek

LMFAO

Any person will tell you how incredibly sad and pathetic you must be, to even contemplate doing this, on any forum

You did that...… in the real world Rooinek

"who can't even get the recognition and love that he craves on a mundane and anonymous forum like this"

Says the same individual who requested people to give him feedback about himself so that he can feel relevant on this board...…. what a fucking joke

LMFAO

"Being called something that you believe you are not is never cool"

He is exactly and precisely what I said he is Plum

May 23, 2019, 12:12

May 23, 2019, 12:15

Nice car Db

May 23, 2019, 12:29

If I look at the mountain in the background, that might just be around Cape Town somewhere. I regularly see A  identical driving around in these parts. Two-stroke engin and all, sounds like a dirt-bike or chainsaw.:D

But don't let me keep you from exposing Rooi, he actually literally asked for it, what are you waiting for?:angel:

May 23, 2019, 12:53

"But don't let me keep you from exposing Rooi, he actually literally asked for it, what are you waiting for?:angel:"

It's very easy actually

I want clarity from the habitual liar...…. he claims his posts which some of us have previously called dishonest, are merely contradictory posts that he made, not dishonest posts

I am asking flat out, whether he is stating right now, and maintaining right now, that he has never been dishonest on here, he has merely posted contradictory opinions....

If I don't get clarity up front, he will just deny ever saying it, or that I misconstrued what he was saying

It should be a very easy and simple answer to give, since he started this whole honesty thread...

Why is he making it so difficult...... and why all the deflection ?

Anybody can deny being dishonest until they are caught red handed...… then it's oh.... I forgot...…. Oh, I didn't mean it that way...…. Oh, you took that out of context...… Oh you misconstrued what I wrote......

May 23, 2019, 13:09

Dumbass: "If you believe I am "trying" to make "you out" to be a liar, should I go ahead and "try"?"

Rooinek: "Yes please! Give it your absolute best shot."

Dumbass: "What? Buh-but that's not what you're supposed to say . . . now what do I do . . . sputter . . . how could I possibly try any harder . . . deflect . . . sputter . . . change the subject . . . sputter . . ."

Rooinek: "LMAO!"

Come on then grootbek, we're still waiting.

May 23, 2019, 15:29

ROTFLMFAO

You just cannot say it can you...…. Too funny

On your very own self titled "Honesty" thread...… you cannot say that you have been honest all the time...…..you are just waiting to see what I post first, because you are so very unsure of yourself....

That speaks volumes about you Piss Mint

What a complete and utter chicken shit you are...

Some reminders...…..

- You vehemently denying to everyone on this forum that you ever accused me of being another poster, Stu...…. until I posted the proof, including where you even bet your house and boat on the fact that I was definitely Stu..... you slithered away quietly when that proof was posted

- How about you guaranteeing everyone on this forum that you have never ever posted as two people in the same thread, yet you did as Jalapeno and Kirchner, in the very same thread

- You stating that you have never ever bragged about being better than someone else at chess, when in fact you have bragged a few times about kicking people's asses in chess who are still on this forum

I'm quite sure that these few reminders will ring a bell with some posters...….

May 23, 2019, 17:37

Are you trying now, DumbAss?

LMAO!

May 23, 2019, 17:59

May 23, 2019, 18:43

Bwahahahahaha! That couldn't be a more perfect picture of a Harley. Trying to look all magestic and all, but the oil stains on the tar tell a more realistic story! 

May 23, 2019, 19:06

I was too mesmerized to notice the oil stains. I'm not really a Harley fan and the big cruisers are way over the top, but I do love the Irons....and you get them in 1200cc of late. Probably the cheepest 1200 around if you ignore the Chinese crap.:D

May 23, 2019, 19:57

Hey rooitwit and Dumbass please patch up your differences and remember you are both pretty frot atheist oaks who are ferocious perv supporters. You both insist the universe created itself out of nothing. You have a lot of BS in common. Hahahahaha. :D

Seriously, disagree on points but no need to go on and on. You are both valuable posters and provide much merriment. 

I like the BMW 5 series - 530.

May 23, 2019, 20:32

"You both insist the universe created itself out of nothing."

This is exactly why I consider Baboon-ou to be the stupidest person I have ever encountered . . . and/or the most deceitful.

Check out this thread, or this one, or this one, or this one.

In every single one of those threads (and those are just from my first Google search using "site:ruckersforum universe created nothing Baboon-ou" I have asked Baboon-ou to name a single post where I ever said the "universe created itself from nothing" and the weak, stupid and cowardly liar couldn't produce the evidence . . . but it doesn't stop him from repeating the same lie ad nauseum.

This has to be the 20th time I'm asking Baboon-ou-the-liar to produce a single instance of me ever sayng what he must have quoted me as saying at least 20 times and (trust me on this one) it will the 20th time that the gutless liar pretends he's not reading this.

The stupidest and most deceitful person I have ever encountered.

I have never ever said the "universe created itself from nothing". Not once. Not ever . . . but this is at least the 20th time Baboon-ou-the liar is claiming I said that.

Just check out the links I provided to confirm what a stinking liar we have here in the form of Baboon-ou-the-liar.

And this is the christian way? Waaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha! You bible bashers can keep Baboon-ou-the-liar . . . this craven, stupid and brainwashed liar is your mouthpiece. If you disagree, then take him to task once in a while . . . until then, the rest of us will believe that this cowardly stinking low-life liar speaks for you bible-bashing Easter-Worshippers.

May 23, 2019, 21:10

Rooitwit explain then how the Universe created itself out of nothing as that's what science is saying. 

You change so much its hard to keep track. You maintained matter is eternal but I think you changed more "mind" on that. Science of course says matter is not eternal. What a bummer for you to have to concede that. 

Atheist generally follow Stephen Hawkin on this matter. 

It is the official scientific view. Once there was nothing, not even time and space. 

Tell us how it came to be. Explain why I should give credence to your anti scientific views. 

May 23, 2019, 21:15

Shut up you insufferably stupid liar and stop trying to engage me on these forums.

I have no time for a stinking, childish and unbelievably stupid little wanker like you.

May 23, 2019, 23:05

Hahahahahahahaha. Ou rooijackass melts down. Asking him to explain a universe creating itself out of nothing is admittedly a hard ask. But if you can't do it at least say so and we can move on to why you think it can't be God. 

Man one worries about poor rooitwit's mental and emotional state. DA has got him close to breaking point and now my challenge to him has left him in a complete froth.

Best you stay out of discussions of a scientific nature rooitwit. It's all too much for you oak. 

Get well soon. Your long standing friend Beeno. 

May 24, 2019, 06:40

Nobody drives a Harley far enough these days for an oil leak to be a problem. 

A Sunday morning trip to Harties for a breakfast doesn't exactly require reliability.

Must say, those breakfast run guys depress me. 

Riding  bike in SA haha. I'd rather be a mercenary in Iraq.

May 24, 2019, 07:41

"There's another poster who keeps a large and comprehensive database of just about all the things I've ever said"

This poster then tries to prove a point against Beeno by quoting posts from 2014 and 2015 and 2018...……. and yet I apparently keep a database

This is also not the first time that Piss Mint has quoted many different old threads in his posts

Too Funny

LMAO

May 24, 2019, 13:36

LOL Beenx, you are a hoot!

Rooi, from Beeno's perspective a singularity is nothing and from my perspective, you are just as much Beeno's b!tch as what you claim Mozart is Maaik's.:D He's got you over the barrel and you think you are winning. 

May 24, 2019, 13:38

Plum, we still have some bike friendly roads around it these parts.

May 24, 2019, 14:43

Was in the Beautiful Newland forest that leafs up to Table Mountain. It was getting dark when my wife and I left. There were a group of runners with headlights just starting a night run. Lovely place to run. Lots of paths, streams etc. 

Riding a bike with these clowns on the road here is very risky. I have thus far avoided the temptation as my dear wife would miss me so.  :angel:

May 24, 2019, 14:47

DA could you please stop pointing out rooitwit's contradictions. He is facing the giant of a universe from nothing. The pook oak is super stressed.

As of course any atheist would be. :D

May 24, 2019, 14:49

Draad scientists themselves have no answer to the problem. The only thing atheist scientists say they are certain of it can't be God. Bwhahahahaha hilarious stuff from these "fools". 

Jun 03, 2019, 21:09

DA, I've read this thread again and I still don't get it...wel I suspect I'm not privy to all the "facts"...or  I'm probably losing my marbles...

I don't mind getting it wrong sometimes, but getting it wrong so badly does not compute.:'(...but enough about that, I'll stop nagging, it's embarrassing...and it's difficult to curb the compulsion even though I'm aware of it...cheers.

You need to Log in to reply.