I have been feeling bad now for a few days and am going for a Covid test today

Forum » Beenos Trumpet » I have been feeling bad now for a few days and am going for a Covid test today

Dec 31, 2021, 02:56

The problem is I am full of aches and pains - especially in the neck and chest - and has had dizzy spells as well.

I normally am very careful with contact  with people.   However, last Thursday may domestic servant came in  to work.  I give her a big Christmas gift and she grabbed me around the neck.   That after she told me earlier that she was feeling badly and went for a test herself that came back negative.

If I am positive - I am going to insist my quack prescribes Ivermectin for treatment.             

Dec 31, 2021, 03:54

Draad's vet is doing some good deals on Ivermectin. :'(

Hopefully, you do feel better soon though, did you get 2 jabs or only one?

Dec 31, 2021, 05:10

Good luck,.

Dec 31, 2021, 06:33

Two jabs SB

The Delta wave caused 74 positive cases in the Municipality where I stay.    At one stage on Tuesday the number reached 474 - but some decline took place and he active cases is now down to  418 since some has now being tested negative.   

Dec 31, 2021, 07:00

Maaik...don't forget the allergex, vit C&D and Zinc tablets...good luck!...eventually everyone are going to get covid...multiple times in our life, but hopefully it's just a mild flu this time.

Jan 01, 2022, 09:41

Ping Maaik, how are you feeling today?

Test negative

Test negative

Jan 01, 2022, 10:13

Cool. good to hear....so the common cold/flu do actually still exist...hope you feel better soon.

Jan 02, 2022, 19:54

Great to hear CM.

Trust you make a full recovery soon.

Jan 04, 2022, 17:08

I got the Omnicron....it's a five day package(normally)

It has taken over the Covid infection rates totally and now provides antibodies on the old Delta.

People are otherwise feeling all sorts of symptons especially a colds..glad it never happened here in winter. 

Jan 04, 2022, 21:26

How you feeling Rover? Delta wasn't too bad for me...had it in July...but you never know when these things hit you on an off day...

Jan 05, 2022, 12:00

I have also just recovered from Omicron..

It's weird to be informed that you are positive, and a bit disconcerting at the same time... purely because you don't know what to expect it to do to you.

My experience was this:

It hit me quite hard in the sense that I was constantly tired.... I literally just wanted to sleep..... 

Bad lower back ache.... which I had originally attributed to some weighted squats that I had done in the gym within the previous 48 hours.

Slightly scratchy throat, nothing serious at all.... in fact hardly anything at all, but something was there

Headaches, throbbing at times.....which I never ever get, and that is actually the reason why I went to get tested, because then I knew something was wrong.

Laboured breathing, only because it just completely blocks up your nasal passages and it is just very unpleasant to think that you can't breath properly, and you are sometimes forced to breath through your mouth only...... not cool.

Moonrover is correct, mine lasted for about 5 days, but I isolated for 8 days

To summarize, it is not nice, and some friends I know who also got Omicron have had different reactions.... one friend, who is doubled jabbed... nearly ended up in hospital, but he has irregular heartbeat issues .... and another person who is totally against the vaccine, and refused it, really got hit very hard by Omicron, which is the lightest version of any Covid so far.... but they all got through it ok.

I am glad I am over it, and that I got through it without any issues..... and the fact that I also now have some natural immunity against Covid, can only be a good thing I guess

Do what you can to avoid it, one never knows how it will affect you, compared to others....

Jan 05, 2022, 12:43

Hi DA, glad to hear you're OK...all the best for 2022.

"Do what you can to avoid it, one never knows how it will affect you, compared to others...."

The crux. Although Delta didn't affect me much, there's always the uncertainty, things can worsen in the blink of an eye, people die daily...strong healthy people. Can't wait to see the back of this.

2 People I work with had covid in previous waves and now have Omicron. Both are much better after feeling really bad for about 2 days, but not nearly as bad as the first time they had it...I'll find out more when they're back at work.

Jan 05, 2022, 12:43

Odd double post?

Jan 05, 2022, 14:59

Thanks Db, you too, everything of the best for this very dynamic 2022 year

I am extremely grateful not to have got the first version of Covid, or the Delta variant.... I could quite easily have sailed through it, but after what I felt with the "lightest" version of Covid, Omicron, I am very happy that I skipped the other variants.

My chest and throat is nowhere near back to normal, but I have been back to the gym just to see how it would affect me when exerting myself, and I was surprisingly fine, but still constantly clearing my throat, easily more than 100 times a day.

I hope this does not continue for months on end

Jan 05, 2022, 15:14

My lack of taste and smell were the only lasting symptoms, but my one colleague struggled for about 2 months with shortness of breath...he's under 40, in good physical shape and never smoked or used alcohol.

Jan 05, 2022, 15:52

"My lack of taste and smell were the only lasting symptoms"

Weird that I did not even experience this symptom, not even slightly

"my one colleague struggled for about 2 months with shortness of breath"

Yes, my one colleague has still not got anywhere close to getting over their breathing problems, and it has been more than 3 months

Jan 05, 2022, 18:51

"How you feeling Rover? Delta wasn't too bad for me...had....." 

I am happy be over the coughing..... also affects larynx so voice takes awhile longer.

With loved ones badly affected by Delta I have gotten off lightly. 

You need to Log in to reply.