Is Russian Orthodox Church the Devil?

Forum » Beenos Trumpet » Is Russian Orthodox Church the Devil?

Oct 15, 2022, 15:33

They are completely under the thumb of Putin. Encouraging average everyday Russians to go to war and get killed. Is this really the word of God, or perhaps it was the Devil that infiltrated heaven through espionage? A heaven run by the KGB...

It is obvious to all that Western technology is far superior. Now that Ukraine has had time and training they are routing the Russians. 

If our boys do get sent in, it will be a quick clean-up job. Russia's much-vaunted army is an overrated joke. The world has seen this.

Oct 15, 2022, 18:50

The Russian Orthodox Church is by some distance the most powerful organization in Russia - they became so because of the Communist repression in Russia and the starving and struggling people turned to the Church for consolation.

Being powerful does not mean they involve themselves with politics - it is not the 13th century anymore.  They basically are interested in the community and not the actions of politicians.      

The Devil in this case is not the church - but the enemies of the Russians based on deep hatred  and enhancement of personal self-interest - coupled in your case to addiction to idiocy supreme.  The latter is the real danger to mankind.

By the way it is clear that the Biden idiocy is limitless - it is a mere 3 weeks until the mid-term election and I would not be surprised if the USA launch an attack on Russia in the hope that a war would follow.     They tried the stunt on the gas pipeline already and the Russians kept their cool and did not retaliate.   So an even worse attack is quite possible.   

Oct 16, 2022, 06:50

The atheist regime in China even produces its own version of the bible... trying to knock Jesus. Their state church is merely an arm of state propaganda.

What good has ever come out of atheism?  Since they have not God.

Oct 16, 2022, 07:56

VisKop cheering on events that bring us closer to nuclear war.

All the while, the MIC is coining it.

Marketing professionals…half stupid and half ignorant. The perfect mix.

Oct 16, 2022, 12:49

Dark Ages stuff. Have a war, and then listen to the Church say it is God controlling everything, and if you do die you go to heaven for Putin's war. A scam...

Oct 16, 2022, 13:35

Not sure why anyone is surprised, men in dresses inciting some glorious death while they sit on their thrones built on the skulls of the ignorant and gullible.

Line up for your turn to sacrifice yourself for con artists in the name of a God. Fuck that, I will let the fools rush to their deaths if they want thats their choice.

Oct 16, 2022, 13:40

Plenty has come from atheism, look at the shit feast the average Joe endured when the churches were at the hight of their powers, we have laws that give us average Joe's the greatest freedom we ever had and what did (and still try to do)  the churches do but fough tooth and nail to keep the masses in ignorance and poverty

Oct 16, 2022, 15:11

Oct 15, 2022, 18:50

The Devil in this case is not the church - but the enemies of the Russians based on deep hatred  and enhancement of personal self-interest.

-------------------------------

How do people like this still exist in the 21st century?
Dumb Mike thinks God supports Putin, just because Putin promotes religion to brain-dead dolts that make them easier to control. 

Oct 16, 2022, 15:32

The atheist regime in China even produces its own version of the bible... trying to knock Jesus. Their state church is merely an arm of state propaganda

Athesim is one simple thing. A lack of belief in gods.  It does not require or call for the suppression or persecution of religions. Authoritarian regimes try to enforce state atheism because they see religion as a threat to their power, not because there is some sort of Atheist bible or doctrine that calls for religious suppression. I'm an Atheist and condemn any state that does not allow for freedom of religion. 

What good has ever come out of atheism?  Since they have not God.

No war was ever started in the name of Atheism. Atheism doesn't prevent wars, but it doesn't start them. Religion on the other hand. 

Oct 16, 2022, 16:37

"No war was ever started in the name of Atheism. Atheism doesn't prevent wars, but it doesn't start them. Religion on the other hand. "

What utter bollox...people start wars and Atheist zealots are just as prone to stupidity than their religious counterparts...Stalin and Mao were Atheist zealots...worse than any Christian leaders...you can play with semantics all you want,  but in practice Atheism is more close to a religion than some actual religions.

Oct 16, 2022, 17:05

Slavs fighting Slavs, Chechens fighting Chechens,orthodox fighting orthodox.All very intermingled. 

Don't confuse jihad with orthodox though. Though that KGB man's regime has suppressed the evangelical one doesn't have a short-cut in orthodoxy. 

Oct 16, 2022, 17:25

What utter bollox...people start wars and Atheist zealots are just as prone to stupidity than their religious counterparts...Stalin and Mao were Atheist zealots...worse than any Christian leaders...you can play with semantics all you want,  but in practice Atheism is more close to a religion than some actual religions.

Alright name a war started in the name of Atheism?

Yes Stalin, Mao and others were Atheist but their actions where not done in the name of Atheism. Stalin for instance prosecuted the church before WW2. But during WW2 he reserved his position and actually revived the Church as means of  rallying the people and intensifying patriotic support for the war. The reason Authoritarian leaders often persecute religion is they see it as a threat to their authority. They are the supreme rulers and can't have people believing in a higher power than themselves.

So yes Atheists are just as capable of evil acts as religious people, but those evil acts are not done in the name of Atheism.

So there is no semantics and its bollox to suggest Atheism is anything close to religion. Some religious people love to suggest this, the feel the need to drag atheism down to the level of their religion so they can feel better about themselves and excuse their religion of any transgressions.

All atheism is, is a lack of belief in a god/gods. There is nothing else to it. No 10 commandants or bible telling or giving guidance on how to live ones life and absolutely nothing about persecuting religions.

So I stand by my claim that atheism doesn't prevent wars but doesn't cause them. Religion on the other hand doesn't prevent wars but has frequently caused them.

Oct 16, 2022, 17:55

Well said Stav, I 100% agree.

You know the only thing that I could say comes close to something I do in the name of Atheism is argue about the belief in god and as far as I know I have never started a war (maybe a verbal one or two lol).

Would like to know Draad can you name a religious war that Atheists started against other people because of their religious beliefs. I can't think of one but I can for wars started over religion?

Oct 16, 2022, 18:17

Stav

Not necessary to start a war to show brutality - the fact is that during the rule of Lenin and Stalin a claimed a study of data showed that there were near to 52 million people murdered by the State otr starve to death  in the then USSR.    A favored way was to send  whole population groups to Siberia to be used as slave labor.    A famous example was the sending of 3,2 million Tartars from the Crimea to Siberia slave camps.  After the death of Stalin circa 200 000 survivors ultimately were  allowed to return to the Crimea.   That caused the present population of the Crimea being 85% ethnic Russians - 10% are Tartars - and the remainder made up of  various groups - the majority of which being Ukrainians.

In the case of China the state killing rate was even higher - abut 72 million people took place while MAO was in charge using the same measures - namely outright murder, starvations or slave camps.    There are still such camps in China.

Dictatorships are an abomination.    However, I agree with you about freedom of believes and the fact is that is oppression is of any beliefs is unacceptable irrespective of what people believe in.

I went to Russia on holiday in 1993.  During the visit i was told by toru guides thqat they were still discovering mass graves from the Lenin and Stalin eras/   There was also a counter-productive issue I found out myself.    The vicious Communist regime was so oppressive people turned to religion as a means to escape from the misery they wer e subjected to.    That means any repression has counter results the oppressors intended.

Freedom of beliefs and speech are essential elements of democracy and if that is missing - democracy is non-existent.    

Oct 16, 2022, 19:50

Pol Pot was the worst of the lot. Blew up the bank, abolished money, tried to obliterate Buddhism.

Those atheist tyrants were totally evil, make Putin look like an angel.

They seemed to always first wipe out all the priests,then try abolish evangelism and prayer,sick bunch. 

Oct 16, 2022, 20:15

The Crusades and global colonisation were done under the banner of religion, but that was a pretext motive. It does not matter if the leader is religious or not, annexing other countries is a land grab for economic reasons. Most wars are for economic benefits. 

Oct 16, 2022, 20:38

"Alright name a war started in the name of Atheism?"

Basically the whole Bolsheviks Revolution had a strong secular spin...name the war started "in the name of Christianity"?...war and religion is part of the human condition...Atheism is causing the current mess which will probably lead to much worse suffering...

Oct 16, 2022, 21:02

Basically the whole Bolsheviks Revolution had a strong secular spin

Nice try but nope.

name the war started "in the name of Christianity"?

Nice attempt to limit the question to Christianity when I was talking about religion in general.

But back to religion in general.

war and religion is part of the human condition

That may have been true, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't strive to prevent war where possible or accept religion as the truth in the face of modern sciences and understanding.

Atheism is causing the current mess which will probably lead to much worse suffering...

Absolute and complete garbage.

Oct 16, 2022, 21:19

The Crusades for a start.

Don't you find it strange draad that the most peaceful countries (most if not all) have the highest % of Atheists and the bottom are all in the high 90's for religious people. If what you are saying is true then most European cities should be worse than Mogadishu, and Mogadishu should be like the garden of Eden, do you have any facts to go along with your claims

Oct 16, 2022, 21:32

Europe has had their most peaceful period in history, since WW2. 
It also coincides with the decline of religion in Europe. (e.g. EU countries). 

And the first significant war in Europe since WW2 is actually from Russia invading them.
Russia is a very religious country and still uses the clergy as part of politics. Putin loves religion as is a great control mechanism for authoritarianism. Just have faith to die in his army and you will go to heaven.

Oct 16, 2022, 22:07

Then 'em other fellas will tell you that if you die in battle you'll end up in paradise with untold vestal virgins :angel:

Oct 16, 2022, 22:49

You will never find an atheist in a foxhole. All bravo talking rubbish on their keyboards but when stressed they will turn to to their maker. 

Oct 16, 2022, 23:07

Same old stereotypical clap trap that believers swallow just because they want it to be true.

Just google 

Atheists in Foxholes, in Cockpits, and on Ships

Really you lot are stuck in your own narrow minds, how do you what every person really thinks when they are in battle, hell you all live in a fantasy world and insist on trying to prove it with every post you lot make.

You are all doing a great job at proving your ignorance.

Oct 16, 2022, 23:08

You will never find an atheist in a foxhole. All bravo talking rubbish on their keyboards but when stressed they will turn to to their maker. 

You know you have a hit nerve when religious people trot out that old no atheist in foxhole cliche.

Oct 16, 2022, 23:40

Meanwhile, Putin is getting to launch SATAN 2
That implies God is on the side of Russia, and their enemies are the devil.

Putin was divinely inspired when he named his latest monstrosity. 

This primitive mentality cant be used in the modern era with weapons of mass destruction. 

Oct 17, 2022, 04:12

SB

You live off conspiracy theories - everything wrong is due to religion without any proof that it is true at all.    This whole topic is sick anyway,  Nobody objects to and try to force atheists oppressively - yet you take on the stance that religion must be oppressed.    Religion has got zero to do what is happening in Ukraine - it has to de with  a situation that went awry because the oppression of people based on the language they speak must be accommodated in a country.            

Oct 17, 2022, 08:26

Yes, I call it the Don Quixote complex  Mike. 

They chase after windmills, whilst saying they're non existant.

Muddy water as you mentioned the Tartars and Stalin earlier. Yet his army pushed back and started the downfall of Hitler. Was that atheist good or bad? 

Oct 17, 2022, 08:40

Atheist “Do you believe that a god created the universe?”

Religious person “Yes.”

Atheist “Can you prove it?”

Religious person “No.”

Atheist “How stupid are you to believe something that you can’t prove?”

Religious person “Do you believe the big bang started the universe?”

Atheist “Yes, obviously.”

Religious person “Can you tell me what caused the explosion?”

Atheist “No, nobody can.”

Religious person “It’s good to know that you’re capable of faith.”

Oct 17, 2022, 09:23

"The Crusades for a start."

The only real one I could think of too...obviously there were some other religiously motivated conflicts too, but it's due to human nature and not Christianity...the "Turn-the-other-cheek" religion s anti war.

Oct 17, 2022, 09:54

Atheist “Do you believe that a god created the universe?”

Religious person “Yes.”

Atheist “Can you prove it?”

Religious person “No.”

Atheist “How stupid are you to believe something that you can’t prove?”

Religious person “Do you believe the big bang started the universe?”

Atheist “Yes, obviously.”

Religious person “Can you tell me what caused the explosion?”

Atheist “No, nobody can.”

Religious person “It’s good to know that you’re capable of faith.”

Ah haven't heard the big band theory requires faith argument in a while.

We don't have faith the big bang occurred. We have evidence for it.

Oct 17, 2022, 10:05

SB

While reading the above I am amazed of h ow much you come up with on issues you know zedro about.   One of the stories is what happened in Europe since WW2.    So let's go back to  what happened in an outside of  Europe since WW2 involving NATO and NATO members.

In the first instance the usage of NATO armies were constant and the results often were disastrous.   Outside of Europe the main wars were in Korea, followed by Algeria.  Vietnam, Iraq (2 wars). and Afghanistan.   France had troops in North Africa involved in numerous civil wars.   The involvement of European armies in countries outside of Europe resulted in major influxes of illegal migrants into Europe and the resultant migrant problems leading in numerous cases to terrorism  in countries like the UK, Germany, France, Belgium and the Netherlands.

The real major wars in Europe itself in the main concerned the breakup of Yoguslavia in which an estimated 2 million people died.     The real reason for those wars were the creation of an artificial country containing people that have real cultural and language differences into a single country.    This in the case too in Ukraine - where an artificial country was created  and where the ultimate result was inevitable.    

That kind of country can survive as long as the situation remains peaceful and constitutional guarantees are adhered to.    It only causes a single incident that caused collapse of the structure.   In the case of Yugoslavia the collapse of the Tito dictatorship and the drive of Serbia to control all other people in the doomed country.   

In the case of Ukraine there was a Constitution guaranteeing equal rights for the residents - which consisted in the main of Ukraine and Russian Speakers,    The Constitution was disregarded after the coup in 2014 fostered by the USA.    A civil war the result since overnight the constitutional rights issue was cancelled.    

In a desperate effort to save the Yugoslav model country Ukraine from disaster - the EU countries and Russia formulated  the Minsk agreement.   A key element of the agreement were 

*     the creation of a federal state in Ukraine comprising the main Russian Speeking areas in Eastern Ukraine and the Ukraine speaking areeas in central and Western Ukraine - coupled to a referendum in Ukraine to approve the proposed Constitution;

*     the guaranteeing of equal rights to all citizens living in Ukraine.

The Civil War never ended despite the Minsk agreement and the referendum never took place,  The major problem was always the attacks by the Ukraine Army on areas in Eastern Ukraine and it led to major problems.   In the main -

*     the porblems got worse because of ethnic cleansing efforts by elements of the Ukraine Army causing the death of thousnds of Russian speaking people;

*    the decision by the Ukraine Government to ban the teaching of Russian in Ukraine schools - a fact even the EU countries objected to;

*     the progressing towards an oppressive condition leading to the arrest without charges of Russian speaking members of the Ukraine Parliament; and

*     finally the ban of all Political Parties bar the present one in charge in Ukraine.

So try again idiot and start thinking .. 

Oct 17, 2022, 10:11

This in the case too in Ukraine - where an artificial country was created

Every time you say Ukraine is an artificial country I want to slap you in the face so hard.

You're just a parrot of the Kremlin at this point.

Oct 17, 2022, 10:51

At a meeting in Moscow on 9 February 1990, US Secretary of State James Baker assured Gorbachev that NATO’s forces “would not expand an inch eastwards” or act as a threat to Russia or the newly-independent, former Soviet states....... 

Poland, Czeck Repulick and Hungary became just 9 years after this Nato members.

Nato is the liar just like all atheists are. 

Oct 17, 2022, 11:11

If you live in the 21st century, and you are religious - you are stupid. It is that simple.
The only people in the West that support Putin are backward religious people. 

You are clinging on to some ancient Arab text - lost in the modern world...

Oct 17, 2022, 11:21

I would rather be stupid than a liar like you. 

Oct 17, 2022, 11:22

"Every time you say Ukraine is an artificial country I want to slap you in the face so hard."

Oh my!...

Oct 17, 2022, 11:28

"Every time you say Ukraine is an artificial country I want to slap you in the face so hard."

Oh my!...

With a large trout!

Oct 17, 2022, 11:34

I'm all outa trout sorry.:D

Oct 17, 2022, 11:37

Oct 17, 2022, 12:27

Spot the sneakiness if you can...

"Religious person “Can you tell me what caused the explosion?”

Stav - "We don't have faith the big bang occurred. We have evidence for it."

Let's summarise...

What causes the sky to be blue?

Answer - The sky is blue.

Oct 17, 2022, 12:43

Why is the Sky Blue?

Oct 17, 2022, 12:49

Oct 17, 2022, 13:13

Wow ...the biggest liar of them all.
David Silverman applauded Madalyn O'Hair (previous president) through her work in the movement.
She absconded with a fortune of the movements cash.
Her son became a christian and wanted nothing to do with her,so much for any atheist mentioning theft in religion.

Oct 17, 2022, 13:37

"Religious person “Can you tell me what caused the explosion?”

Stav - "We don't have faith the big bang occurred. We have evidence for it."

Lets put it this way.

A passenger airline takes off on a routine flight and is flying over a remote ocean. It disappears from radar and no communications are made. There is no reports of it landing it anywhere.

A search is conducted and eventually a limited amount of debris are found in the ocean which are later confirmed to be from the missing aircraft.

The bulk of the aircraft nor its black box are ever found.

The evidence overwhelming suggests the plane went down into the ocean but their is insufficient evidence to know the cause of why it went down.

Going by your logic just because we don't know the cause of something, means believing the plane went down into the ocean is an act of faith.

Oct 17, 2022, 13:47

a Believer - I dont understand something, so it must be the work of God

a Thinker - We dont know everything yet, but lets try work it out. 

Oct 17, 2022, 13:54

Moonrover you really need to start fact checking, you will swallow any old piece of horse shit. O'Hare her son and granddaughter were kidnapped and murdered and the kidnappers stole the money from the organisation.

The way you lot post blatant lies just to try and justify your beliefs never ceases to amaze me, but I bet you will just ignore the facts as it is something you have to do to justify your beliefs

Oct 17, 2022, 14:42

My goodness but you guys are a bunch of weasels.

"a Believer - I don't understand something, so it must be the work of God

a Thinker - We don't know everything yet, but lets try work it out."

Allow me...

"A believer - I don't understand something, so it must be the work of God

A 'thinker" - I don't understand something but it is NOT the work of God."

An actual logical thinker...

"All of this may or may not be the work of a God. Nobody knows the answer, so the only reasonable approach is to believe that either may be true."

As soon as you say that it IS or ISN't God, without having proof, you fall into the exact same category as far as I am concerned. Both require faith because the evidence is absent.

Stav, here I was, assuming that wouldn't get tripped up on some very basic philosophical concepts. Is that false equivalency really the best you can do? Up your game.

Oct 17, 2022, 15:04

As soon as you say that it IS or ISN't God, without having proof, you fall into the exact same category as far as I am concerned. Both require faith because the evidence is absent.

And you'd be wrong. Let's say I make the claim it's all the work of aliens orbiting Saturn in a cloaked invisible space ship.

As a logical thinker is your position then ""All of this may or may not be the work of a Aliens orbiting Saturn in a cloaked invisible spaceship. Nobody knows the answer, so the only reasonable approach is to believe that either may be true."

By your logic without proof it falls into the exact same category. I could make a thousand other outlandish claims without evidence but since you can't disprove them you must consider them all equally valid.

If your making a claim then its the onus is on the person making the claim to provide evidence, not on the person he's making the claim to to disprove it.

Stav, here I was, assuming that wouldn't get tripped up on some very basic philosophical concepts. Is that false equivalency really the best you can do? Up your game.

Go on then, where's the false equivalency?

Oct 17, 2022, 16:02

Stav

Go back to 1953 when the Communist Government in  Russia changed the border of the then Ukraine since they could not trust the Ukraine population  and created a so-called Republic consisting of what was originally Ukraine.   In the process areas which was never in the history of Europe even remotely part of Ukraine was incuded in the Ukraine.  .

That created an artificial country with vastly different cultural and historic backgrounds  - whether you like it or not. It is normal for people to ignore facts when it suits them.   When the Soviet Union collapsed  negotiations left the border of Ukraine intact with real guarantees to in the Ukraine constitution to protect the rights of all residents.

The system collapsed in 2014 when the USA caused the coup engineered by the USA.   The Ukraine constitution went through the window and in a desperate effort to save the situation the Minsk Agreement was signed.

The agreement was never implemented and the Ukraine Government went rogue since 2020 ending up in the present one-party dictatorship.

You can slap me in the face - but it is foolish to ignore what really happened in Ukraine over the last 70 years and accept that murder of thousands of Russian speakers by the famous fascist Asov Battalion did not take place.   It is only fools who ignore historic mistakes of the past and repeat them.   Live in fool's paradise without any facts is real BS.  

Ukraine is a center of corruption in Europe and the US leading politicians were up to their necks in fleecing aid money provided by the USA to Ukraine.   Much of the present situation can be traced back to the Democratic Party in the USA and the role they played in ensuring the Minsk agreement is sabotaged.                    

Oct 17, 2022, 16:15

Can't speak for others but I don't BELIEVE there is a God, there is no evidence to substantiate the claims and until there is I will continue to take this stance.

The big bang has a lot of evidence to support it but even in the scientific world it is not taken as gospel, they know they don't know all the details, all they can do is look at the evidence and draw the conclusions from there.

If tomorrow they come out with a new hypothesis  that the evidence points to  something else so be it I am not going to get all butt hurt because of it. Believers will still shit on any idea that comes along.

Seem strange that you lot demand 100% proof for science but happy to take 0% for your god.

But if a scientific evidence even looks like it can be twisted to fit anything in your bible they all leap on it as proof, for some reason that bit is totally accurate but the 99.99999% contradicting your silly beliefs can just be ignored because the scientists got it wrong. Cherry pickers the lot of you

Oct 17, 2022, 16:31

@mike

Oct 17, 2022, 16:49

Crusaderfan, all of the USA knows Madeline the evil witch. Few atheists even mention her. Her survivng child William became a Christian evangelist. You don't even know atheism history and you want talk rubbish all day about religion. You're a joke. God is able to make good from all atheist lies and deceit.

William said his mother was an evil person who hired unrepentant criminals to work in her atheist office. She loves killers. Demon possessed atheist  he described her. She cheated children out of their parents inheritance. 

Oct 17, 2022, 17:00

So tell me the history of Atheism then, interested to hear this.

And no I just don't want a list of bad people that were Atheists, I won't to know all the facts you know

Oct 17, 2022, 17:03

Yet I have heard more than a few talk about her.

If she is a "evil" person can you provide proof that she was like she was because of Atheism? How do you know it wasn't being raised a Christian that made her that way or a terrible childhood.

You are just Atheist must be evil. Fark I hope I never get as ignorant as you.

Oct 17, 2022, 18:51

You want to know all the facts I know and you want to know of any good atheists. 

Here is the start:-

Psalm 14:1 The fool says in  his heart, “God does not exist.” They are corrupt; they do vile deeds. There is no one who does good.

Oct 17, 2022, 19:37

Ok so some book written by ignorant goat hearders who had a special insight o the truth should be taken  as truth. Just prove your book of nonsense is fact and I will join your team. I am waiting 

Oct 17, 2022, 19:43

Personally I have done  alot less evil deeds than some believers, never killed 11 million people in concentration camps for a start.

Or put hundreds of thousands to death during the inquisition?

I have never murdered any one but the death toll for your religion is beyond comprehension.

Yeah right us unbelievers are the evil ones bwahahahaha

Oct 17, 2022, 19:46

In fact I am unsure if what evil deeds I have actually done, care to provide a list of my deeds to support your statement?

So many on here that know the real truth amazes me. Guess I will just have to accept I am a insignificant. 

life form from you mighty superior beings that know everything

Does it make you feel superior to know everything?

Oct 17, 2022, 19:58

You seem angry...I get it...doesn't make you right...or wrong...if we keep an open mind we might get there...if there is an universal "truth", it's attainable. If you seek the truth, it will be revealed...if there is no "Truth" it doesn't matter anyway...

Oct 17, 2022, 21:08

Not angry at all just confused by so many telling me they know the truth with no shred of evidence to support their claims.

Wish I was one of the chosen ones to know the truth. Not sure why I am left in darkness like all you lucky pricks.

Guess I will have to accept I am 1 of the unfortunate one that has to burn in hell because your God hates me 

Not angry at all just confused by so many telling me they know the truth with no shred of evidence to support their claims.

Wish I was one of the chosen ones to know the truth. Not sure why I am left in darkness like all you lucky pricks.

Guess I will have to accept I am 1 of the unfortunate one that has to burn in hell because your God hates me 

Oct 17, 2022, 21:09

Oct 17, 2022, 21:45

Sorry for the multiple posts but what do you expect from us lowly beings that god hates, 

Oct 17, 2022, 21:48

Wish I was one of the chosen few like you lucky pricks, guess I was destined to be tortured forever because I am just a cunt. Lifes a lottery and I drew the short straw I suppose

Oct 17, 2022, 21:58

"Guess I will have to accept I am 1 of the unfortunate one that has to burn in hell because your God hates me "

You are fortunate that God loves all his children,  even those who rejects Him...He hates sin...the thing that gets in between Him and his children....you will have to actively choose hell and reject Him for Him not to save you...and for some odd reason you seem hell bent...

Oct 17, 2022, 22:21

Your god made me this way, I just can't accept the god of the bible, as to me its just beyond belief. If he has condemned me to am eternity of torture what can a low life like me do?

Oct 17, 2022, 22:23

I choose this heaven you speak of (who would choose an eternity of torture over a gold mansion) but I still can't believe that this god of yours exists, it is his decision to send me there as I have no choice in the matter.

Your god is not a nice god as far as I can see if he wants to punish me for the way he made me

Oct 17, 2022, 22:31

Don't any of you find it strange that the likes of Hitler and Dahma can be in heaven while someone like me that tries to be a moral person has to burn for eternity simply because i couldn't believe in something that never showed one sign he exists to me?

Oct 17, 2022, 22:37

You seem to forget that your religion preaches the only unforgivable sin is  nonbelief in your god.

Oct 18, 2022, 06:17

You say the Bible was written by ignorant goat herders. How did you draw this conclusion?

Did you read this somewhere? Did you do one minute if research on the garbage you type. Did you apply one ounce of reason to your crazy statement. Is there any truth that you know of because here you have shown total ignorance of a proportion that begs the question... "are you OK?" 

Oct 18, 2022, 08:26

S tav

So historical FACTS are BS - unbelievable!!!

I never said Ukraine do not have the right to have their own country - what I said and explained was that the Communist Regime created artificial borders to ensure they control the Ukraine.    What followed I also explained.  The fact is that a part of Russia was added to Ukraine for political control purposes.  That is factual as well.

The fact is that if Ukraine was not changed by the Communists and got independence on the basis of actual borders - the vast majority of Ukrainians would have a country with natural borders - not one with borders based on political expediency  of the then Communist Party in the USSR,      

Where do you get that tripe from?   It sounds like propaganda - definitely not dealing with factual issues.     

Start off by asking yourself  something factual.   What percentages of the people of Crimea are actually ethnic Russians, how many are   Tartars and how many Ukrainians.    

In terms of the Ukraine Constitution of 1991 - Ukraine had its own Parliament - obviously run by the majority Russian population.  The Coup in Ukraine in 2014 - caused the Russian controlled Crimea Parliament serious problems - since  it cancelled out totally the Ukraine Constitution and especially the special status Crimea had in the Constitution. 

Realizing they were cancelled out and fearing for the safety of the Russian and Tartar population the Crimea Parliament called for a Referendum in the Crimea as to remaining part of  Ukraine or becoming part of Russia.    The referendum results were not to the liking of new Ukraine Government - but reflected the feeling of the voters on the issue.   This was confirmed by opinion polls conducted by pollsters from EU countries and the USA.    Anybody claiming otherwise is talking propaganda BS - not facts.   Secondly fact is the referendum was conducted by the Crimea Parliament - not by the Russian Government.       

But then Democracy is not applicable according to reactionaries on both sides of the political spectrum.   Voters have no rights to vote against them or their beliefs - then they become like Biden says "domestic terrorists"  so the human rights of the people of the Crimea has no Democratic rights according to the BS spreaders.   

Try again - the previous time you came up with the Guardian as a reliable source - now you come up with this?    Unbelieuvable!!!!!                             

Oct 18, 2022, 09:56

When a book is full of contradictions, errors and straight up wrong statements about the natural world it was either written by a not very smart god or it was written by people ignorant of the natural world so they just made shit up.

You are asking me if I research anything I type? bwahahaha coming from the idiot that has made  statements of complete BS that I corrected you on and still couldn't man up and admit he was wrong but continue to try and justify your claims just so you can continue in your own ignorance.

And asks if I am OK, think you need to ask yourself that

Oct 18, 2022, 14:50

The absolute hilarious part of all of this is that the top physicists concede that the universe as we know it might be an creation.

I’ve seen many, including Suskind, put higher odds on the universe being a creation than a fluke.

And yet, our oh so sciencey pseudo-scientific thinkers on the board completely ignore this.

What’s funny is that you don’t even really require scientific training to understand the logic employed by these physicists.

And the point is not that the universe is certainly a creation. It’s simply that it MIGHT be. But our very open minded atheists on the board simply have too much faith in their limited interpretation of the science to admit what is rather obvious. It’s like you need to present them with a cartoon version of Schrodinger’s cat or something.

Boys, it’s very simple. The universe might be a creation. And if it is a creation, it is very possible that you have no idea how vast the intelligence that created it is nor what it’s intentions are.

Why not step outside of your self-made mental prison from a moment and contemplate these things? What exactly are you afraid of? Being wrong? Being right? Or are you simply worried that you may have to change your thinking if you conclude that you and your world may have been created by something vastly superior to yourself?

Nah…let’s continue on our path, right? Blinkers firmly in place. One where Stav operates with false equivalencies and as much mental gymnastics as he can muster while Sader and VisKop regurgitate boring and meaningless arguments that 16 year-olds have normally put to bed. No doubt VisKop has a copy of The God Delusion on his shelf…and probably quotes it at dinner parties. Can you imagine the cringe?

It’s quite sad watching grown people be so afraid to use the supercomputer that they got for free at birth.

Oct 18, 2022, 16:12

Yet the very closed minded religious ones keep telling they know because they have a book.

I will reiterate yet again, I have not discounted there being a creator of the universe but I have discounted there being the Christian God.

Science and logic dispell  the possibility of there being your God as described in your book of fables

Oct 18, 2022, 16:29

ButtPlug, ButtPlug...

Many atheists believe in the "possibility" of the God of Spinoza.
That means that they see "God" as a creation of man, but "if" a creator does exist it is nature - not an individual person. It is not a personified God like in many religions. 

So many atheists believe in the possibility that there is no God or Afterlife, or if there is, then it is not anything that we can comprehend. 

They also believe that people who think that their religion is the salvation into heaven, and all others go to hell are simpletons

Oct 18, 2022, 17:19

“But ask the beasts, and they will teach you; the birds of the heavens, and they will tell you; or the bushes of the earth, and they will teach you; and the fish of the sea will declare to you. Who among all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this? In his hand is the life of every living thing and the breath of all mankind. Does not the ear test words as the palate tastes food?

Job 7v12-25

Oct 18, 2022, 17:23

Job 7v12-25 = Ancient Arabic text converted into English.

Oct 18, 2022, 17:35

Verses out of your book of fables is meaningless unless you can show that the Bible is true.

And no you can't use the Bible to prove the Bible. 

Why dont you explain the nonsense in genesis for example but you can't can you. How in this day and age people swallow this shit

Oct 18, 2022, 18:26

Interestingly the Bible was translated OT into Arabic in the 9th C......mt Sinai Codex.

NT in 1860.

Oct 18, 2022, 18:29

Noah, Abraham etc were ancient Arabs. Babylon for example is in Irak, as are many of the ancient religious places in the Bible. 

Oct 18, 2022, 18:45

Just imagine if Jesus did come back and they found out he was an Arab.

Bwahaha they would all have a heart attack and denounce him as a false prophet for not being white.

Oct 18, 2022, 18:48

Nope, the Arabic people descend through Ishmael first son of Abraham. Yet there are many Arabs who don't descend through him. 

Oct 18, 2022, 18:59

Where was the Garden of Eden?

The location of Eden is described in the Book of Genesis as the source of four tributaries. Various suggestions have been made for its location: at the head of the Persian Gulf, in southern Mesopotamia (now Iraq) where the Tigris and Euphrates rivers run into the sea; and in Armenia.

Garden of Eden - Wikipedia

Oct 18, 2022, 19:18

That might be true but they never spoke Arabic back then. 

Oct 18, 2022, 19:46

Let me guess the spoke English and everyone was whiter than white 

Oct 18, 2022, 19:57

Funny one also gets Arabic Christians.... they are not all Muslim. Millions of Africans love Jesus..... guess you're barking up the wrong tree... Again. 

Oct 18, 2022, 20:50

Like I said before...I understand where he's coming from...and I know why he's p!$$ed off, but he's p!ssing on something he doesn't understand...have no interest in trying to understand...made up his mind and p!$$!ng away...no point in discussing anything.

Oct 18, 2022, 21:09

You lot just can't  seem to understand why people don't  swallow your bs. If you weren't indoctrinated into this bs I am sure you could see it from our side 

Oct 18, 2022, 21:26

Yep, he:s pissed on his own battery and has no peace now. 

Oct 18, 2022, 21:38

WTF are you talking about?

My own battery???

I have plenty of peace I am living a privileged life without you god unless he is having laugh and giving an atheist a free ride as some sort of a sick joke.

Oct 18, 2022, 21:39

Oct 18, 2022, 21:47

Strange millions of gullible believers live in poverty while I live a privileged life don't you think.

Your god has a funny way of showing support to his gullible minions 

Oct 18, 2022, 21:51

So Draad simply because I can't accept your obvious insane nonsense, I am an idiot?

I have tried to understand where you lot come from but it is beyond me, sorry can't help it if your god made me this way

Oct 19, 2022, 06:12

Ephesians 4:18 They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of their ignorance and hardness of heart.

Many reasons why they harden their hearts. Stalin read Darwin's rubbish and thought that he didn't need God anymore. Hitler read Nietzsche and thought his troops were Ubermensch.

Job q v21, 22
"Naked came I from my mother's womb and naked shall I depart." 
Maybe they can bury you with your favorite team jersey one day though. 

Oct 19, 2022, 06:56

"So Draad simply because I can't accept your obvious insane nonsense, I am an idiot?"

Never said that...I said ther's no point in discussing it with you, because you already made up your mind.

Oct 19, 2022, 09:12

LOL ou Visser

I take it that you probably never attempted to reconcile Spinoza’s God with the Big Bang?

I’ll start you off…

Spinoza “The essence of the universe is simply to be. Nothing was created, it just is…”

Big Bang “The big bang created space time…”

I won’t throw his use of the term “infinite” into the mix because it’s pretty obvious that if a day starts at 00:00 then it isn’t an infinite day. Then again, not much is obvious to you.

Ooopsie.

And then perhaps you could explain this statement to me…

“So many atheists believe in the possibility that there is no God or Afterlife, or if there is, then it is not anything that we can comprehend.”

As far as i can tell, that view isn’t consistent with the text book definition of atheism, nor the definition of atheism as i understand it, and is also very similar to how religious people view God’s mind and his intention.

Oct 19, 2022, 12:39

The Atheist God of Spinoza

There Is Great Wisdom': Elon Musk Says The Teachings of

5 Jan 2022 — “As Einstein would say, 'I believe in the God of Spinoza,'” Musk added, allegedly referencing an Einstein quote from 1921 which reads: “I ...The

Oct 19, 2022, 13:03

Well of course I have made up my mind, on the fact of the christian god I made it over 40 years ago and nothing over those years has changed my mind. I am sure you have made up your mind that your god exists but you make it sound like that is a bad thing or is it just non believers that aren't allowed to make a decision. How open minded are you to your god not existing, not at all I bet

Oct 19, 2022, 14:52

"but you make it sound like that is a bad thing or is it just non believers that aren't allowed to make a decision. How open minded are you to your god not existing,..."

No, I don't. It is what it is...as for God not existing...50 years of personal experience...it would be a serious let down if everything turned out to be just blind chance, but then again, I'll never know, will I?...I don't live my life for some afterlife reward...I try to do what's right because it's the right thing to do. I want there to be a Higher Purpose...dumb, chaotic chance doesn't do it for me...I love Order.

You need to Log in to reply.