Just got the Pfizer vaccine

Forum » Beenos Trumpet » Just got the Pfizer vaccine

Feb 11, 2021, 22:19

The actual injection was very brief, not a very large volume. The process was impressive ...getting a thousand people through in a day, safely. This was for the over 65s, so lots of old folk. Everybody was upbeat, polite and decent. The facility was spotless, tables and chairs were being sprayed and wiped continuously.

The young kids who managed the staging and recovery processes ( you had to hold 15 minutes to rule out side effects) were incredibly polite. The location reflected the fact that vaccines are going firstly by age group and then to disadvantaged areas. As these facilities don’t get enough takers, they reach out more broadly.

It was a humbling experience, people rediscovering empathy. It restores one’s faith in the human race

Feb 11, 2021, 23:08

Good for you Moffie.

Most people I talk to don't want the vaccine. Me, I'd pay black market prices to get any one of the vaccines if I could . . . even the Astrazeneca one that our incompetent government has bought that isn't very effectve against our strain. Even if it only helps 20% (as they say) I'd still take it . . . and then still take one of the others.

Already have a supply of Colchicine in case I do get the virus and and would get Invermectin as well if I got half a chance.

Glad to hear you're sorted and hope we don't have too many anti-vaxxers on our board.

Feb 12, 2021, 00:48

There is some of that over here, but many more people trying to get the vaccine. The whole process is very opaque, hospitals are being very careful not to advantage donors.

I agree with your comments. There will undoubtedly be variants, and this thing is here to stay....people have to start building up immunity. And for older folk getting the virus is not a safe way to do it.

Feb 12, 2021, 01:08

Glad to hear it, Mozart. 

My parents had their first AstraZeneca jab a couple of weeks ago. My Mum had minor side effects but nothing disastrous. 

As for it not working against the SA strain, there’s varying data suggesting that it does give immunity after all. 

Feb 12, 2021, 01:47

We actually didn’t know if we were going to get Moderna or Pfizer. They are very similar it seems with a slightly shorter period before the second shot in the case of Pfizer.

Quite a sight seeing all these people being vaccinated a bit like a WW2 scene.

Good luck to your parents becs, hopefully the Spring sees some real control of this depressing phenomenon. 

Feb 12, 2021, 03:38

It must be a relief to get the vaccine. Takes 2-3 weeks or so to have any effect, or so I have read. 

WHO recommends taking a vaccine even if it is less effective against new strains. It is believed to mean less severe sickness and deaths, even if it only has a low chance of stopping people getting infected- or being asymptomatic. 

With the ANC involvement, the cancellation of AstraZeneca raises questions whether it was incompetence or corruption.
Maybe it is only 20% effective - but 20% of what?
20% fewer cases or 20% fewer deaths, or 20% less severe infections.
No formal documentation has been provided other than a testimonial of a scientist. 
If it does pop up on the black market, then the ANC have been vaccinating themselves and friends, selling the remainder. 

Feb 12, 2021, 05:50

I'm with you Rooinek, sooner I can get it the better, I look after my old man and he is almost 90, death sentence for him if he gets it so the sooner we  get vaxed the better.

If I had the option to pay and get it now we would be at the front of the queue credit card in hand.

And good on you Moz for getting it, I actually thought you were on the side of its all a hoax, glad to be proved wrong. Sooner the population is vaccinated the better especially the oldies.

Feb 12, 2021, 06:35

It's not about being anti-vax. This is a rush-job vaccine with a possibility of serious side effects for some people...some doctors have serious reservations about it...best of luck to all who takes it.

Our useless government also secured an array of other vaccines, including the Pfizer and Johnson &Johnson...the J&J one will also be produced locally...it's just the slow roll-out that's the problem.

Feb 12, 2021, 07:21

No such thing as a sure thing in life Draad but my old man and me are going with modern science with its proven track record. If we were in our 20 or 30's we could afford to sit it out and see the results but at his age its a no brainer as far as we are concerned.

Feb 12, 2021, 07:38

Nice Moz. 

Keep us posted - re side effects, etc.

Rooi, if I hear anything about a legit source for the vaccine I'll let you know. Also on the lookout for my mother and aunts/uncles.

Respect for looking after you dad , Sader. Seems you're one of the good guys after all. Pity about being a Kiwi.

Feb 12, 2021, 09:00

"No such thing as a sure thing in life Draad but my old man and me are going with modern science with its proven track record. If we were in our 20 or 30's we could afford to sit it out and see the results but at his age its a no brainer as far as we are concerned."

Indeed, good luck...in the end it comes down to either taking your chances with the virus, or with the vax...for things like polio and smallpox it was a no-brainer choice in favour of the vaccine...for Covid, it's not that that straight forward...if you are young and healthy, there's not really a big risk in getting Covid...the risks are minimal, so it might be prudent to wait a bit and see how things pan out...If you are 50 and older, one's risks of serious illness increases, so it tips the scale in favour of getting the vax.

My wife's grandfather (93) only had mild symptoms and recovered quickly, so it would be stupid for him to risk the side effects of a vax.  

Feb 12, 2021, 15:47

Thank you, Mozart. I hope you and yours stay safe and well in these very challenging times ! 

My parents went to a local GP practice hub and were very impressed by the professionalism of everyone there. No waiting in the cold like some areas here and they weren’t left waiting around at all. 

My friend is a Nurse and she has given hundreds of jabs so far, with many more to do. I think some of the Staff are getting a little exhausted but everyone is thankful for them. 

Feb 13, 2021, 02:03

Apparently the side effects come mostly with the second vaccination....some people reporting a 48 hour flu-type experience.

I think Draad put it well. For older people it’s a no brainer...under 50 and healthy and the choice is unclear as an individual. For society, however, it’s better to build up a level of immunity quickly. That will protect against more mutations....some of which could be dangerous to younger people.

And unfortunately nothing seems to be very effective once people are really sick....steroids, hcq, Remdesivir haven’t proven to more than marginally effective.

So there are no risk free paths....but the vaccines do have the potential to get us to herd immunity quickly...and time is of the essence.

Feb 13, 2021, 06:21

Elena got her Sputnik V shot 4 days ago as well as her brother,,sister in law and niece and all is fine.

She said that she experienced high temperature  the day after of 36 degrees, her sister in law 38 degrees as well but the follow day normal and they are all well.

Reports say that Spuknik V has a success rate of 93.4 % which I understand is the best of all.

There is no doubt that one should take it...life has it's risks but nothing ventured nothing gained...this virus it appears is always going to be around in some form or another.

I only hope that variations don't start causing more worldwide chaos. We'll just have to "bite the Bullet".

Feb 13, 2021, 13:06

Good to hear people are getting their vaccines and that their experiences of getting the vaccine has been good with minor to no side effects.

Feb 13, 2021, 14:22

My my my, apart from Draad nobody here seems to have a clue about the danger of these vaccines!!!!!

Again it shows you are mindless dupes of the globalist media. I have seen a huge number of alarming accounts of people dying from the vaccines, countries not giving it to over 65, people testing positive for HIV. Find it incredible that enough now dopes here say nothing about the dangers of MRNA for example.

May I just suggest to anybody thinking of taking these vaccines you do some research. Don't just believe what fraudster Fauci (who changes like the wind) or the eugenicist Gates( Who said vaccines can be used to reduce the world's population) say. Google, or better still use Duck Duck Go, dangers of the Covid Vaccines.

Hear how many many top experts are highly concerned about these vaccines.

Then weigh up the risks. 

Beeno as always the voice of sanity on this board!

Feb 13, 2021, 14:41

So Dr Moz had to wait 15 mnutes to see if there were any side effects. Wow!

Immunologist: Pfizer, Moderna Vaccines Could Cause Long-Term Chronic Illness

In new research published in Microbiology & Infectious Diseases, immunologist J. Bart Classen warns the mRNA technology used in the Pfizer and Moderna COVID vaccines could create “new potential mechanisms” of adverse events that may take years to come to light.

Fox guest says COVID vaccine is “downright dangerous” and will send you “to your doom”

Dr. Sucharit Bhakdi: “I think it’s downright dangerous”

Oaks I could spend hours showing you how many medical experts think these covid vaccines are dangerous.

Feb 13, 2021, 14:43

Despite all the censorship, cancellation culture which should be a huge warning some oaks here are still not even bothering to question the globalist/marxist narrative.

Truly astonishing!

Feb 14, 2021, 02:02

HasBeen Pfizer is one of the great companies with huge depth in research. Putting out a vaccine which harms people could literally destroy the whole company. This is not a big money spinner for any of these companies.....they wouldn’t take the risk if they were not absolutely sure.

I don’t have great faith in immunologists, but I do have faith in the the self preservation instincts of capitalists.

Chabal the Russian vaccine underscores again the depth of Russian science....childishly impugned by the West. The politics aren’t great but the Russian people are impressive.

Feb 14, 2021, 13:33

Dr Moz we all know the motives of capitalism, it's to make a profit (no problem with that within reason).

There are billions and billions to be made. 

Now please tell me, will you be able to sue Pfizer if something goes wrong due to the vaccine.

As far as I know you won't. You take all the risk. 

Many have already died and have had serious side effects. 

Meanwhile Pfizer rakes in the boodle.. 

As for Russia they have been lied about to help the Globalist cause.

The Globalist scumbags are in bed with the CCP. Their media and the CCP Demonrats do their best to cover this up. Old lying sellout China Joe is owned by the CCP as is Hunter etc. That has been comprehensively proven by Hunters laptop from hell. 

So what have the Globalist tried to do. They are trying to say Russia is the big threat to America. Yes Russia who economy is about the size of Texas. They hate President Trump for exposing their treasonous behavior. But the genie is out of the bottle now.

Only CCP supporters like redrooistink would try to dispute this. 

Feb 14, 2021, 19:11

You right you can’t sue the company in the USA....but a drug company’s reputation is a huge component of it’s business in trade. Make millions ill or even kill millions and life in that company will never be the same. 

The economic consequences will be huge. Every new drug will receive additional scrutiny....employees will leave, their non American business will be up for grabs. And the immunity has to be established in each country getting the drug

Besides which employees, executives and directors of these companies are taking the vaccine.

Feb 14, 2021, 19:33

Survival of the fittest Beeno.
If someone can't see the health risk from getting the virus is much worse than the vaccine, they can't complain when they are culled from the herd.

At least you will be able to sue the CCP. 

Feb 15, 2021, 00:25

Nice one Moz

I reckon I’m a few months off getting my shot

Feb 15, 2021, 00:27

Beenkop what major side effects and deaths are you on about?

Stop speaking shit

Trust you to be stupid enough not to want the vaccine

Feb 15, 2021, 06:32

Well he's recovered from Covid fine, so he shouldn't be too worried about getting it again...

Feb 15, 2021, 16:57

Uh Draad, did you pull that assumption from your arse, or where? 

Listern to science boetjie....

Reinfections are becoming more common, particularly with different strains as they mutate. 
New variants are arising in the UK, and else where- and it is more common to be reinfected by another variant (at least in the short term). 

Some people have been asymptomatic and did not even realise they had Covid, Then months later, some people have been found to have lung damage. 

Feb 15, 2021, 19:20

What assumption? Re-infections are possible, but the body should be in a much better position to fight the virus than the first time around....having had the virus prepares the body against it in a similar way as what the vaccines attempt to do...only better.

Feb 15, 2021, 19:23

PS:   It's "Boettie"....and you can shove your condescension where the sun don't shine.

Feb 15, 2021, 19:36

The Israeli's are doing well with the vaccine 93 % success with no deaths yet in 520 000 vaccinations.
Probably got just as much chance taking colchicine in South Africa as with any current vaccine.

The gout drug reduced hospitalizations by 25 percent, the need for mechanical ventilation by 50 percent, and deaths by 44 percent

Feb 15, 2021, 19:50

PPS: The vaccines will struggle with new strains of the virus just as much as the body's natural immunity will struggletocope...that's why we still have the flu, measles, mumps, etc...thank God the vaccines for smallpox and polio are much more successful.

Feb 15, 2021, 20:22

"It's Boettie"

Pfffffffft!

Feb 15, 2021, 21:11

Whoosh Ouboet!!!...of is dit wakker word Boeta?

Feb 15, 2021, 21:27

You need to Log in to reply.