My grump with Trump...trade war

Forum » Beenos Trumpet » My grump with Trump...trade war

May 31, 2019, 14:17

China has accused Trump of creating "Naked Economic Terrorism" and although I support Trump in many ways this is causing a big turn down in investors stocks.

Ouch, this is where it hurts most. I'm normally astute in my spread of funds but this is costly.

I never panic because I spread risk but I'm sitting fast and hope these issues eventually come right and they will no doubt but it's a little unsettling as in the last month my portfolio's fund value has gone down by approx R200,000.

China accuses Trump of 'naked economic terrorism' for provoking trade war | The Independent

May 31, 2019, 15:09

Obfuscation by the Chinese. They have been exploiting the US economy for decades, ably helped along by particularly Obama. The sucking up to the Chinese was probably the biggest single factor for the decline in US manufacturing.

May 31, 2019, 19:22

Cera, I know the Chinese are different and certainly no angels but neither is USA or UK, or indeed anyone else but we live in small world really and we must learnt to negotiate and respect different cultures. America cannot bully China or Russia like they do to less powerful countries, first of all it's not right to have delusions of power and authority when it is indeed just a paper tiger. Power is not right...right is might not might is right.

Wisdom teaches one that there are ways to solve disputes and that is negotiation.

Yes it looks gloomy and maybe it's the worlds last days brought about about by lies, deception, false pride, intolerance of true righteousness, ethics, decency amd many other unsavoury tendacies of mankind but we must not be hypocrites...USA is often guilty of this.

They'll come short if they cannot negotiate...China is no pussy cat's tail.

May 31, 2019, 21:22

Seb believe it or not this matter is vastly more important than your portfolio. 

The trade deficit with China each year is 50p BILLION dollars. In addition the steal intellectual property of again some 500 BILLION DOLLARS.

Thanks to the traitor Hussein Obummer the nation debt of America doubles from 10 to 20 TRILLION dollars. 

Trump as a President who actually cares about America has to stop this.

He will also sort out the trade imbalce with the EU and Mexico.

If the USA IMPLODES you portfolio with be worth next to nothing. 

Try and see the bigger picture. 

The Globalists who ruled before Trump were hell bent on forcing America to surrender SOVEREIGNTY and to weaken the States by any and ALL means possible. George Soros said the USA is the biggest impediment to implementing their NWO agenda. Remember their battle cry - No Trump, no wall, NO USA at all!!!!

The globalist also want to destroy the nation states of Europe. 

Trump believes if he can sort these trade imbalances out the US economy can grow by over 5%.

Jun 01, 2019, 09:34

I realise that obviously Beeno.

The trouble is that there are so many hidden agendas that politicians play that don't make sense.

Trump has done a lot for his country so far and I always give credit when it's due and I'm very glad he got in as president but I certainly don't admire him. But that's not important, he is effective in many ways.

Leaders who are rude and brash and excessively ego-centric should learn a personal lesson in life to be more unselfish and humble and have empathy for other nations leaders, listen to what they are really saying, negotiate and meet them half-way. Toughness and diplomacy should go hand in hand.

Jun 01, 2019, 10:54

Trump has not put a foot wrong in dealing with those ripping off the USA. Imagine allowing others to put tarrifs on the USA etc and not responding like those globalist traitors who preceded him.

He has been put in the position where tough action has been required 

Jun 02, 2019, 00:52

He is right on all these issues. My only concern is that he has the appearance of starting a lot of confrontations, without really succeeding with one....and you know the Dems will put party before country and deny him if they can.

Much of the economic boom is being driven by the stock market wealth effect. He can't afford to lose that at this stage.

He needs a win....soon.

Jun 03, 2019, 01:00

Hahahahaha

You need to Log in to reply.