SA Parliament Building is on fire

Forum » Beenos Trumpet » SA Parliament Building is on fire

Jan 02, 2022, 15:28

The building is an historic edifice which would be hard to replace and it contains thousands of historic  documents and artifacts which would be irreplaceable.

2021was a horrible year for SA and now this?  Why are we punished like that?  

Jan 02, 2022, 18:54

Records and artifacts mean diddly squat to the goons.

If the fire alarm only went off once the Fire Department arrived on the scene as has been reported on BBC sounds to me like an inside job.

Sad on a day when the country is paying its last respects to Archbishop Tutu.

Hope they are able to restore the building without using the same company that PLUM mentioned in his earlier experience with the hospital builder in his location. 

Sad.

Jan 02, 2022, 18:59

It was likely a sabotage attack through arson - the Police had arrestred a suspect and he is being questioned about it.  

Hope it is not a BLM or Antifa Associate involved.   Ramaphosa is not popular with  Biden - he refused to take part in a tele-conference amongst democratic countries - since he is not prepared to talk to a fool.   

Jan 02, 2022, 19:07

Well great to hear that at least one African Head of State has resisted the opportunity to deal with that old fool.

Jan 03, 2022, 14:51

This is just another example of African chaos.    It is a national key point of massive importance and should have been guarded properly by the Police.  It was not and Parliament was supposed to arrnge for guarding.   However, Parliament claimed it does not have enopugh funds to pay guards overtime - so it is a free pass for burglars to enter and steal and burn down.   Pathetic and the repair costs will run into hundreds of millions of rand. 

What a disgrace - the Speaker was as irresponsible as Pelosi of the USA is.       

Jan 03, 2022, 18:39

Most of that stuff is probably on the black market already, possibly even an inside job 

Jan 03, 2022, 19:31

Yep, I thought the same thing.

Jan 03, 2022, 20:00

They arrested a person and he will go om trial tomorrow.   

Jan 03, 2022, 20:30

The patsy...

Jan 03, 2022, 20:38

Haha Draad

…but was he working alone?

Jan 03, 2022, 21:13

The real culprit is gone with the real loot.

Jan 03, 2022, 22:21

The fires were started burning papers somebody does not want exposed - so the investigators will  have to restart any investigation     something smells of rats in this case.

Jan 04, 2022, 03:44

The fact that somebody apparently disabled the sprinkler systems suggests there was some planning involved….unlikely the patsy thought of this and carried out the attack.

Jan 04, 2022, 09:05

There's normally works of art worth a fortune in some of the historic government buildings...much of it plundered over the years...I recal a Pierneef being stolen by a high ranking security official in the Freestate a few years ago...most of the theft go unnoticed because the artworks aren't protected by proper security measures...it's sometimes used as ordinary decorations...recipe for disaster. 

Jan 04, 2022, 10:31

I think the guy on the grassy knoll shot a flaming arrow through the upper floor window.

A difficult shot, and it would have to bounce three times to get to it’s intended destination but it’s the most plausible.

“But we haven’t found the arrow!”

Geez, have you never heard of Ice Arrows?

Jan 04, 2022, 10:41

:D:D:D

Jan 04, 2022, 13:06

I sincerely believe there's deeper sinister forces at play, I hope I'm wrong and that's it as simple as a Fruitcake losing it's fruit or as some cynically suggested  it's an attempt to steal.

I suspect it's sabotage from the enemy within. There's a growing disquiet amongst the masses and there's factional support for Zuma. The poor have had enough as indicated in the most recent elections where the ANC lost a number of seats and added to this is the support for Zuma which will boil over when he's sentenced. Ace Magashule  is a staunch Zuma supporter, he is also a very dangerous man with strong factional support. If the abovementioned forces combine it will lead to disastrous consequences for both the ANC and the country.

Again I pray that I'm wrong and that the burning is not an indication of worse to come.

Jan 04, 2022, 13:46

You're not wrong...the sh!t is gonna hit the fan soon...the riots in Gauteng and Natal were only a teaser for what's to come...the economy is shot and there's no work for the poor masses, yet the rich gets richer and the ANC cronies are protected and gets richer by the day... 

Jan 04, 2022, 17:57

Denny 

I am afraid - the fact is that the vagrant arrested  probably had nothing to do with the fire and evidence suggested he may not have been involved at all. 

The problem is inside the ANC - Zuma have still got plenty of plants in Parliament  and it seems is if the person involved must have inside knowledge  of the premises and lay-out  and all hell has broken out because there were no Police Guards and Parliament cannot afford to pay overtime to the Parliamentary security staff.   Who would know that - obviously insiders.

Another aspect is  that by Monday the fire was extinguished - yet on Tuesday it flared up again.   How come that happened?

Jan 04, 2022, 19:11

According to the BBC this morning the lower chamber will be out of commission for a number of months.

The question really is what do they actually do in this lower chamber?

I fear that the people are going to rise up and all hell is going to break out with many innocent folks going to pay the price.

This poor man who was arrested is a simpleton being framed.

Disgusting.

Jan 04, 2022, 20:11

So....

this homeless guy decides to break into parliament on Sunday.

There is no alarm armed...

The cameras aren't working....

the guards have been told to take the weekend off by whoever is their boss....

This national keypoint is entirely empty and standing open... 

The sprinklers have been turned off....

He luckily picks the part of this huge building where the offices are...

Some staff have left their laptops in their office. Odd that they left them there, but okay....

He takes these.

He finds the good silver and take this too.

must be quite a bit of stuff to carry by now. 

Then this homeless man decides to pilfer some documents? not electronics or valuable metal items that he can turn for quick cash, but reams of paper? 

This homeless guy also just happens to be carrying actual explosives - which obviously he keeps dry and in good order while sleeping on the streets. and which he knows how to use. 

He then decides to set a couple of fires in the building as he's leaving.

no one sees him leave, or notices that the place is on fire until it's well ablaze. not even a smoke detector in one of the country's most important buildings. 

Then the Hawks ( South Africa's special investigating unit who entirely failed to notice anyone looting the country for over 10 years) swoop in and track this homeless man down in under 3 hours... while the place is still ablaze... with no witnesses, no camera playback, no time for finger prints or forensics... they couldn't even go inside and determine if anything had been pinched at this point, or even how the fire started. They just identify and find this guy who lives on the street and doesn't even have an address. 

lets be clear - BEFORE they even knew or could confirm that it was arson and a break in. 

and this elite investigating unit hand him over to a regular SAPS constable....

who manage to hang onto him, sort out a charge sheet and have a full list of charges to present to the court in under 48 hours.

and lets be clear again - BEFORE they can even go inside or conduct an investigation.

Look.

I've seen pretty bad scripts in my time but this is even less believable than anything even  Steven Seagal has starred in! 

Edit, I received the above via WhatsApp...it was attributed to the Sowetan, but the link doesn't work...most of the facts are in line with what I've heard elsewhere. 

Jan 04, 2022, 20:58

VisKop is waiting for CNN to deliver their verdict before he decides what the facts are.

Jan 05, 2022, 03:21

It was global warming?

Jan 05, 2022, 03:35

I only use CNN to give me news coverage of Trump and the rednecks. <3
Typically I use UK news sources for other stuff. 

Jan 05, 2022, 03:42

Biggest bunch of liars under the sun.

Jan 05, 2022, 07:49

Moz might be on to something.

The sun refracting through excess CO2 in the atmosphere.

Sky lasers are real.

Somebody apologise to Stav on our behalf. I just can’t face the man.

Jan 05, 2022, 09:13

SB

Anybody admitting that CNN is his source for propaganda is a brainwashed idiot - CNN never had a real news story and wahat they report has been distorted to lies for years now and when they portray anything which is the truth it is never in evidence - they are even worse liars than Pravda was in the old USSR,    There majority  shareholder is Warner and the majority shareholder of Warner is the Chinee Communist Government - so Chinese propaganda is what SB is attached to.   Ignorance is bliss.    The fat is that CNN has plummeted  in viewership in the USA  to about 8th when it comes to "news channels".    Time to wake up to facts village idiot.          

Jan 05, 2022, 09:31

There are two major chambers in the Parliament complex - the two are both described as Lower Chambers  since it is where Parliament meet - the Council of Provinces (which replaced the Senate) used other conference facilities in adjoining buildings outside of the Parliamentary complex.

The first Chamber was used for near to decades  since 1890 - the second facility was built in the 1980's to cater for the  the enlargement of the number of elected Parliamentary representatives.   From the outside the  building looks the same - on the inside  the new chamber is more modern in design,   The main damage was in the new Chamber,   It is likely that the ICC conference Center about 8 blocks away would be used in the Interim as a meeting venue - but the problem is there are also offices  that were damaged  and that will cause serious disruption as well.  

In reading the whole story the fact is that the fire was caused as an act of sabotage  and that it will require real investigations to trace responsibility.   The upper structures in the Police and security services in SA is as corrupt as the FBI and CIA in the USA ias a result of capture by the Democrats  - so I really would be surprised if the real culprits are found.                  

Jan 05, 2022, 12:53

CleverMike, is a Fox News vegetable. He has been radicalised by Fox News, along with the other rednecks. Fox News is gospel for DumbMike...

Jan 05, 2022, 14:20

Radicalized by Fox News  - you must be kidding.  Fox News gave real news and has plenty Democrats in its employ that give their opinions as well.   CNN is no news agency - they are the propaganda arm of the extreme leftist elements in the Democratic Party.   

They never ever give a real news story.   The people killed by a BLM activist  in  Waukasha was killed by a vehicle - not a word about the driver and his links to the Democrats and their terrorist subsidiary BLM.    According to CNN the actions of Rickenhouse was a racist murderous attack when he defended his life when under attack  by three of the Democrats Antifa terrorists  - both attackers who died were Whites with criminal records a mile long and  the wounded one was also White with a criminal record of  sexual attacks on minor male kids .    

The Russian Hoax went on for four years of scripted lies spread by the Democrats.   So CNN is not a news agency - they are a spreader of conspiracy theories and lies and you believe them.

Anybody believing CNN must be "so toe soos 'n klei-os se gat".   T^ry that for a self-description of you and your BS.   

Jan 05, 2022, 17:34

Now the Constitutional Court Head Office  in Johannesburg was under attack as well,   It seems to be getting out of hand -- with the Zuma faction turning into terrorism, obviously with the support of the EFF,  .     

Jan 05, 2022, 17:37

Everybody is radicalized…..there are no TV ratings for being balanced and down the middle.  Fox are no worse than CNN and their journalistic protocols are certainly better than what we saw from NBC and CNN during the Trump years.

Russian Collusion was a low in responsible journalism.

Jan 06, 2022, 09:00

"Russian Collusion was a low in responsible journalism"

Fully agree with this, what a pity there were no serious blow back..... besides losing viewership

Jan 06, 2022, 09:41

Well VisKop

Fox News has 5 out of the top ten most watched news shows in the States. Ranging from Tucker Carlson at about 3,5 million views down to Laura Ingram at about 2 million.

CNN has one show in the top ten. It’s placed at number 10 with 1,5 million average views. Keep in mind that it’s the default news station at airports, hotel lobbies and reception areas. Remove those and CNN looks ever worse.

In short, all of Foxes shows in the top ten are crushing CNN Fox as a channel is murdering CNN.

And guess who is wrecking them all… Joe Rogan on close to 12 million views for a show that is on average 2 hours longer than any mentioned above. Meaning his “amount of time watched” is even more of a devastating stat.

Why am I telling you all this?

Because, remember when you told us how the majority of people in the states were Dems and how right wing politics was dying?

And remember how I told you that all MSM is bollocks but that at this point in time Fox is the more sensible of the bunch?

And then remember how I also mentioned that independent news media and political commentary is looking unstoppable because people can’t take the MSM bs anymore.

Just another instance where you’re so incredibly far behind the curve.

What else is new?

Moral of the story…

Spotify spent $100 million to secure Joe Rogan for 3 years. Rogan is currently crushing the entire $10 billion news industry in the US. Buy Spotify’s boss a Bells, immediately!

Jan 06, 2022, 13:17

Tucker Carlson is an alt-right supremist that plays the white victim. He is now saying that Democracy is not suited for America because of the growing population. 

Jan 06, 2022, 13:24

Jan 06, 2022, 13:24

Jan 06, 2022, 17:25

So what happened to you assessment of more and more people being libs? Should CNN and MSNBC not be killing it in the ratings?

Beep beep…Tucker is a racist…Renecks are real…beep beep.

Hahahaha pathetic dude

Jan 06, 2022, 18:28

When you are unable to respond yell "Racist", "Biggots" what a sad way to go through life while watching CNN.

The "Wankers".

Shame on you and Tobin, Sharktwat.

Jan 06, 2022, 18:37

Jan 06, 2022, 20:39

Two Suckers at it.

Jan 06, 2022, 21:01

As q person with quite a liberal outlook I am amazed at SB.    He dshould see what an ultra liberal like Jimmy Dire thinks of the Democrats being corrupt liars,

As to  Tucker Carlson he speaks his mind based on what the ultra-incompetent and crooked Biden and the Democrats come up with,   He calls a spade a spade and  that makes the crazy Democrats goo ballistic.   he has neve from what I see of his program lied about anything - but then the truth will always hurt the Democrats.

Jan 07, 2022, 08:47

Apparently there is actual CCTV footage it's just that there were no security personnel on deck to monitor the cameras. Sounds like an inside job.

Jan 09, 2022, 03:31

Tucker is a contrarian and comes up with some interesting views. But he probably should always have been on later, not as the main course. Fox lost a lot of gravitas when Bill O’ Reilly left. Not my favorite character but he was able to impact the national discourse, which neither Tucker nor Hannity can do.

The most enjoyable person on Fox is Varny an old style Englishman who does the morning business report.

You need to Log in to reply.