The Gas Stove fiasco

Forum » Beenos Trumpet » The Gas Stove fiasco

Jan 11, 2023, 06:30

Using gas stoves will soon be banned in the USA to meet the demands of the Greenies.    The Antifa terrorist branch of the Democratic Party is attacking electricity supply lines in Oregon to prevent electricity reaching homes, businesses and factories - all in support the Green ideal.

What the hell is going on - are we exposed to lunacy on a large scale?   I have not had an electric stove for years due to loadshedding in SA and really wants to know how gas being used for cooking is causing air pollution and global warming.   Can someone please explain what make sense or what is lunacy by the great Global Warming fanatics?

Jan 11, 2023, 07:20

Don't worry Alarmedmike. 

We only shut off leaded petrol 15 years after Japan did.

Just stockpile some wood in the meantime. 

Jan 11, 2023, 08:54

The ban of gas stoves appear to be motivated by asthma in children because of the toxins gas stoves produce.

Now let's see if a ban on fast foods and processed sugary junk follows, if we're so concerned about the children's health.

Jan 11, 2023, 10:54

Pakie...stoves are the cleanest burning gas appliances.

CH4 + O2 --> CO2 + 2H2O. 

If anything I would say that the humidity produced may have an effect on asthma...but it's not toxic.

Jan 11, 2023, 12:14

With load sheading, most house hold that can afford it will move to gas for cooking and warming water and for solar and batteries for the rest of electrical needs. That means that only those who won't be able to afford it will be using Eskom power...which means the rich and the upper middle class's higher tariffs won't be subsidising the poor and lower middle class's lower tariffs and free units. Watch them starting heavy taxes on these things...the opposite of which they should be doing if they were serious about solving the problem.

Jan 11, 2023, 12:38

Yeah Plum I take everything that comes out of the science and medical community with a spoon of salt these days. It's impossible to tell what you can and cannot trust anymore. Too many agendas, too many fingers in too many pies.

We grew up on gas because we didn't have power until I was in high school on the plot we lived. Gas fridges, gas geyser, gas stoves, gas everything for 15 odd years. No respiratory problems at all in my family. That's anecdotal, but just mentioning it all the same.

Jan 11, 2023, 12:47

The latest medical dumbfuckery - drugs and surgery now the frontline defense against childhood obesity.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/obesity-kids-teens-drugs-surgery-early-new-guidelines/

Jan 11, 2023, 14:56

...ja, who needs sports and home-cooked meals. 

Bring the knife and pills.

One can't help but laugh at the state of things.

Jan 11, 2023, 15:21

Let's go Brandon!!!

Jan 11, 2023, 15:43

My late mother was a star participant in taking part in domestic competitions at agricultural shows.   She had a lot of trophies to prove her abilities.

She had a wood coal stove, a gas stove and an electric stove in the kitchen.   She basically used the coals stove for daily cooking and cooking of Jams and food products and the gas stove for baking purposes and the electric stove never for anything.   Cooking on coal stoves is by far the best way for cooking meals.

How the hell must people be expected to cook meals anyway.   We are back to level 6 loadshedding without electricity for more than 10 hours per day.   SA is really going to hell fast.  

Jan 11, 2023, 21:40

Iconoclasm. The inversion of everything that is true and good. Liberals/Globalists call it "subverting expectations", which is supposed to be a progressive way of advancing society. It's essentially shmuck talk for "being rebellious and foolish to the point of destroying everything and everyone, but that's okay, because like a toddler who is wielding a weapon, I feel powerful in the process, so I'll destroy to rule over the ashes... that's if the ruling class allow me to do so, but I haven't thought that far ahead!"

Jan 11, 2023, 21:48

Mike, your mom was smart.

The water vapour given off when burning gas makes baked goods soft and moist.

Jan 11, 2023, 22:18

My problem with scientists nowadays is that their approach to sceince relates to what they can benefit themselves from their findings.     The greenies keep doom forecasting because they get massive funding to do their research.   The more funding they extract from Government and some major industry with their only objective is to make money themselves.   .      

Jan 11, 2023, 22:46

It's not science these days. The pursuit of knowledge was replaced by man endeavoring to become a god. That's what it has been about for a few centuries now. To reason away what it perceives to be unreasonable constraints. We see the fruitless mess it creates in our society today. Much of what is called science is nothing more than thought control. The more you research, the more you will see a stubborn resistance to the truth. Very many of the scientists who the common person takes comfort in want them dead. Of course, the assumption is always that "we" will off someone in Africa, and live in our New Golden Age/Elysium together as ascended beings. It's going to be a sad day for them when they realise they aren't invited to that party. Seven flickers of light, as opposed to the thousand points of light. 

Jan 11, 2023, 23:32

The gas stove is symbolic of how the "Left" has taken over the world. 
As people are getting older, nowadays fewer people are moving towards the right.

Soon we will ban you from using a stove altogether unless you follow our ways.

Jan 11, 2023, 23:59

I have nothing to add other than i look forward to the day AI takes over scientific discovery and i think that makes me a closet Marxist.

Hoverboard anyone?

Jan 12, 2023, 03:17

Loadshedding is bad - Not kool to have to live with that.

Jan 12, 2023, 09:37

So, our area has suffered 7 cable thefts since 1st Jan 2023.

By yesterday at 17:00 we had been without power for 24 hours.

Residents of my area had logged many calls with City Power and then at 17:00 all our calls were updated to complete, without having power restored. I phoned City Power to enquire as to why.

The woman answering the phone told me that the calls only appeared to us to have been closed down but were in fact bundled into a single job for statistical purposes. And that our call would be attended to but was taking long due to “lack of resources “.

It’s at this part of the story where you‘ll realise why Africa is doomed.

I then asked the call centre why they would not change the system, or do whatever else was necessary, so that customers would not be confused by their calls being closed down when they actually weren’t closed down. I said that the current system causes customers to phone in needlessly and that it wastes city resources when call centre staff have to deal with pointless calls.

Her answer to me “But sir, it’s not a waste! I am mos here to answer these calls.”

I then tried to explain to her why it was a waste of resources and she simply could not understand how her spending 20 minutes on a needless call was a waste of City Resources. She ultimately said that we should agree to disagree.

This is by no means a rare situation. One encounters similar instances almost daily. It’s not a language barrier either because she spoke decent english.

The very sad fact is that Africa suffers from an staggeringly low intellectual ceiling and people are severely underestimating how difficult it will be to raise that ceiling.

Jan 12, 2023, 11:02

SB

I will be dead by the time your dreams are realized so all I say is I pity you when it happened you will like the rest of mankind will suffer badly from the effects.   You think you will be in the elite group of privileged billionaires - but you will NOT be and will be written off as a "useful idiot".      

Jan 12, 2023, 11:04

On Sunday our power went of outside of schedule. A private security company was chasing a suspected burglar. He climbed up on of the pylon of our high voltage supply lines. The power feed had to be shut down to prevent him from frying himself and the cables. It took 3 hours to get him down. Poor sod, what was he thinking?:D

Jan 17, 2023, 17:55

Unfortunately more people are going to have to endure these types of incidents and outages as it is never going to go away.

When the complete system collapses it will not be the final nail in the coffin for the country as folks will still have these criminal types roaming around and stealing what is left.

End result will be total devastation and loss of live for all.

Sorry, but Donker Afrika is well on its way to the point of no return.

Jan 17, 2023, 19:45

...and now, the interruption of electricity is causing problems in the water supply.

The ANC is starting to make Apartheid look like a viable option for some of the weaker minded idiots...sad state of affairs...we should have been so much better...:'(:angry::(...something needs to be done.

Jan 17, 2023, 23:21

Draad

The recent Municipal Elections is a clear indication of  what most people of all races think of the ANC.    The support of the ANC has dropped to a level of about 42%  - that means that in a Parliamentary Election the ANC  will get about 168 house seats - well short of 201 needed to Govern on their own.   

For years the ANC was projected as a united party - there are various factions in it.   It will be rather difficult to find coalition partners that would make the coalition acceptable to the Party as a whole.   Some would favor the EFF - especially the Zulu component of their membership - but for the rest they would rather get rid of all crooks of which the EFF is a component equal in corruption to the ANC, while others will look at some old guard leaders like Mbeki to give an indication of where they should go.   Tribal association will definitely play a role as well.    

I think the ANC will become more unstable over the next 18 months before the election is held.              

Jan 17, 2023, 23:29

Living from one crisis to the next is not the way to live for anyone.

But I for one salute you folks who are suffering.

You need to Log in to reply.