The Lincoln Project - To end Trumpism, not Republicanism

Forum » Beenos Trumpet » The Lincoln Project - To end Trumpism, not Republicanism

Aug 01, 2020, 18:33

Some smart republicans can see Trump for the con-man that he is.
They have taken in over 20 million dollars in a few weeks from doners in the hundreds of thousands.

I urge everyone to make a donation to help replace a third world style leader.  :Dhttps://secure.anedot.com/the-lincoln-project/donate

Aug 01, 2020, 19:42

Whoosh!...it's not Trump supporters fcking up America ATM...it's his opposition...the ones opposed to law and order...the Commie Lefties...the petulant sore losers...that lot.

Aug 01, 2020, 21:21

Reagan knew...when will they learn.

Aug 01, 2020, 21:44

Shark...

Trump is an old man with kak hair.

Find someone else to jack off too. FFS. It's getting creepy.

Also, the week is almost out.

Looks like you need my help after all.

PS Fake news

Aug 02, 2020, 14:27

Are you still playing hard to get with aliens Bum Plum? They made you their bitch, and now you do free advertising for them.., :D

Anyone who believes the government is hiding aliens is far below average intelligence. The alternative reality, ha, ha

Aug 02, 2020, 14:27

Are you still playing hard to get with aliens Bum Plum? They made you their bitch, and now you do free advertising for them.., :D

Anyone who believes the government is hiding aliens is far below average intelligence. The alternative reality, ha, ha

Aug 02, 2020, 15:24

Oh, the government is hiding aliens?

That's news to me.

Kindly show where I said that.

Lol the toolness continues.

Aug 02, 2020, 15:39

Bwhahaha...

Here's another redneck right wing conspiracy media outlet touting yet more of their conspiracies.

Gosh, they're making good use of all that Nazi gold.

You unadulterated TOOL.

"National Review your source-  is a far-right media source targeted at dummies." - VrotVis 2020

Aug 02, 2020, 15:48

"The Pentagon closed this department some time ago, as it was given such little budget as time went on. Even the red necks have moved on from this garbage."

- VrotKop 2020

Wrong, yet again. 

I won't dwell on it. 

Suffice to say, just chips for me please, the fish is off. 

...So off.

Aug 02, 2020, 19:46

Aliens and Anal Probes - Jason Colavito

Aug 02, 2020, 20:31

Haha

The twit retreats to his memes when his toolness is exposed.

Must suck to be you Vrottie.

Aug 02, 2020, 20:47

60 Best ALIENS images in 2020 | Funny, Funny pictures, Funny memes

So you post pseudo-intellectual bullshit on facebook? Tell me more ...

Pin on Great Icons

Aug 02, 2020, 21:12

What a cowardly little girl.

Go on genius, I'm still waiting to hear how the NYT and CNN are redneck conspiracy theorists.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha

Aug 02, 2020, 21:28

Aug 02, 2020, 21:54

Lol...and back to Trump.

Nah bud, I wanna hear more about the Nazi news.

CNN = Corporate Nazi Network

Right, old Vrottie?

PS The week is almost up.

Aug 03, 2020, 08:38

Aug 03, 2020, 09:14

Rooi, perhaps you could shed some light on CNN and the NYT being redneck outlets spouting conspiracy theories.

Your pal Shark is completely at a loss.

...as, you'll note from the memes above and those to come.

Aug 03, 2020, 10:52

Hmmm . . . you mean like when you Trumpanzees were all at a loss to comment on how difficult the cognitive test was?

Same?

Or when not one of you Trumpanzees could give your opinion on whether Bozo meant to say "Nobel Prizes" or "Noble Prizes"?

Or how about when you Trumpanzees were asked what it was that Bozo claimed he was being "sarcastic" about if it wasn't the comment about injecting bleach into the body?

Hmmm?

That kind of "at a loss", Dumb Plum?

Aug 03, 2020, 11:12

"Hmmm . . . you mean like when you Trumpanzees were all at a loss to comment on how difficult the cognitive test was?"

In all three instances above, you raised your own original point and question, then demanded an answer.

Quite different situation to putting on one's running shoes when confronted with your own words, like Vrottie.

The fastest moving toolbox in all of Brakpan.

Aug 03, 2020, 11:14

How does that change the fact that not one of you Trumpanzees had the courage to answer any of those three simple questions yet here you are squeaking because someone hasn't answered yours?

Aug 03, 2020, 11:21

Who said it was meant to change the above?

You see the difference. I know you do.

Aug 03, 2020, 11:26

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/jul/17/the-guy-stinks-and-hes-a-racist-anthony-scaramucci-on-donald-trump

'The guy stinks and he’s a racist': Anthony Scaramucci on Donald Trump

‘The Mooch’ explains why, even after his swift dismissal from the White House, he stayed loyal, until Trump’s online bullying finally made him see the light

Anthony Scaramucci lasted 11 days as Donald Trump’s communications director.

His was a flame that burned twice as bright and half as long. Anthony Scaramucci’s tenure in Donald Trump’s White House lasted just 11 days, which may be some kind of record. But it was a cameo of blinding incandescence that removed the scales from his eyes.

Many officials fired by Trump have sought what might be seen as moral decontamination, a purging of the soul, by turning ostentatiously against him. But few have done it with the ferocity of the man nicknamed “The Mooch”, who in the space of a half-hour FaceTime interview calls the US president “very crazy”, “low life”, “full-blown racist”, “son of a bitch”, “maniacally narcissistic” and “off his rocker”.

Scaramucci is as New York as skyscrapers, subways and Sinatra. He knew Trump from the Big Apple. “When you were sitting in the room with him 10 years ago, he’s a garrulous person, self-absorbed but funny and a raconteur and, at times, very rakish and very charming, and you would enjoy his personality, frankly, and he had a good sense of humour,” he says. Scaramucci, at home in Southampton, Long Island, is wearing a Superman T-shirt, and cable news is playing on a big wall-mounted TV.

“Now you would find him to be more brittle, defensive and self-exclamatory where he’s just launching into these run-on long sentences. He’s having a conversation with himself and it’s a rationalisation of who he is and what he’s doing and he’s trying to explain to everybody that he knows it all, he’s got it all figured out, and that’s a great tragedy in itself because nobody has it all figured out.”

Scaramucci, a Harvard law school graduate and former Goldman Sachs banker, founded the global hedge fund SkyBridge Capital in 2005. Three years ago next week, on 21 July 2017, he was hired by Trump as communications director, despite the objections of the press secretary, Sean Spicer, who resigned in protest, and the chief of staff, Reince Priebus.

Maureen Dowd, a New York Times columnist, opined that Trump had found an ideal courtier: “A wealthy mini-me Manhattan bro with wolfy smile and slick coif who will say anything and flip any position. A self-promoter extraordinaire and master salesman who doesn’t mind pushing a bad product – and probably sees it as more fun.”

This wolf of Wall Street delivered a maiden press briefing with self-assurance and swagger that culminated with an air kiss to the White House press corps. His new boss was not impressed.

Scaramucci

Scaramucci’s fate was sealed with an air kiss. Photograph: Pablo Martínez Monsiváis/AP

Scaramucci says: “In my 11 days, the great irony was some people said my press conference was well handled and well executed, but Trump was not in love with it, which indicated to me that I was going to end up having a problem with him because he’s not one to allow anybody else on that stage.

“One cabinet official said to me there are two things that, if he says to you, you know you’re in trouble: one, you’re getting more famous than me; or two, you’re getting too much attention. That’s like your near-death experience. He said to [FBI Director James] Comey, you’re getting more famous than me, and then a week later he was fired.”

But during that brief spell in the west wing, Scaramucci observed up close the most powerful man in the world. “My observation was, OK, he’s not listening, and good leadership requires delegation and listening, and he’s too defensive and too insecure to actually take in input,” he says.

“I found that when I was briefing him, I had to put pictures of him in the briefing. When I put the pictures in, it was a good sign, and when I didn’t put the pictures in, you couldn’t get him to focus on it.

“Here’s the bad news, though. Even if you got him to focus on it, he wouldn’t listen to you anyway because he’s so maniacally narcissistic. He wants to immobilise everybody around him and then he wants to go on and win the presidency anyway on this nihilistic rampage and show everybody, ‘See, I wiped out all of you with napalm and I didn’t need any of you.’ That’s full blown narcissism.”

Scaramucci was dismissed on 31 July 2017 after he gave an expletive-laced interview to the New Yorker magazine and made derogatory statements about White House officials including Priebus and chief strategist Steve Bannon, both of whom are now long gone.

“I was crestfallen about the firing, but listen, it’s not the first time I’ve been fired – I’m a little bit of a rogue, I’m an entrepreneur,” Scaramucci recalls. “I made a mistake. I did something fireable. I am accountable for my mistakes.”

Advertisement

If he had not been fired, wouldn’t he have quit by now, as the Trump administration lurched from disaster to disgrace? “I don’t want to pretend about what I would have done because I would tell you this as a cautionary tale about ego. When you’ve got your ego involved in something, you do things that are irrational and your emotions go up and your intelligence goes low.

“I was fully invested in getting rid of Steve Bannon and Reince Priebus. I would like to think that I would have stood on principle during the Charlottesville situation [when Trump drew equivalence between white nationalists and anti-fascists] because that was a week after my departure. I thought that was ridiculous.

Scaramucci

‘I found that when I was briefing him, I had to put pictures of him in the briefing’: Scaramucci on Trump. Photograph: Twitter

“Even if I didn’t stand on principle – let’s say I was into moral equivocation that you see in many of these people working for President Trump or trying to justify themselves through cognitive distance, ‘If I wasn’t here, it would be worse,’ and all the stuff that they say to themselves – I would have been fired anyway.

“I may not have made it 15 days or 20 days because my personality is not suitable for President Trump’s. I’m an entrepreneur. I’m an independent thinker. He doesn’t like iconoclastic or independent thinking, so I don’t think I would have lasted very long. But listen, the universe and the good Lord works in very strange ways: saved my ass.

“As I told Trump when we were still friendly, after I got fired he called me and asked me how I was doing, I said: ‘Relax, you’ve made me as famous as Melania and Ivanka and I didn’t have to sleep with you or be your daughter, so I’m going to be totally fine, you never have to worry about me.’ I know how to roll with the punches.”

But Scaramucci likens what happened next to being Tim Robbins’s character in the film The Shawshank Redemption, escaping from jail by hurtling down a sewer pipe and eventually being spat out.

“If you’ve never experienced being on the front page of a tabloid when your personal life is being destroyed and you’re being disfigured as a human being and a lot of lies are being said about you, and then you’re getting lit up … that is The Shawshank Redemption, because you have to go through that sewer pipe of humiliation and shame and you’re being disfigured.

“You have people that don’t even know who you are forming a negative opinion of you based on these snippets of information without really getting the full blown context or texture of your personality. You learn to live with it and you also learn to use your sense of humour and your grounding wires in life to just roll with it.

“I don’t think about it much today, but I will say this: it made me a better person. It made me more psychologically aware. I turned on Trump in August 2019; I was loyal to him for two years after my departure. Somebody said to me: ‘Well, you turned on Trump. He’s the same guy that he was in 2015, so why did you turn on him? He’s doing the exact same things.’

“I looked at the person and said: ‘Well he may be the same guy, but I’m not the same guy. I’m a different person today than I was in 2015 or 2017. I think I’ve got a lot more psychological awareness and a lot more depth of understanding of what’s going on and, remember, we’re products of our environment.

“We grow up in a certain background, with certain prejudices and biases, and you need earthshaking experiences sometimes to wake you up to what other people’s realities are and what they’re dealing with.”

Scaramucci, who is of Italian descent, chose to speak out when Trump attacked four Democratic congresswomen of colour known as “the Squad” and suggested that they should “go back” to their countries, even though all are American.

“I said, ‘OK, that’s enough for me and I cannot be affiliated with this any more’, I’m not going to disavow my personal integrity and my life story to support this man. I’m not going to make the equivocations that these other people are making: ‘Well, it’s Republican, it’s judges, it’s policies.’ No, the guy stinks and he’s a racist and he’s an American nativist.”

As a result Scaramucci, who took part in a recent BBC Three documentary, Trump in Tweets, ended up in a Twitter fight with the president that spiralled out of control. “Once he attacked my wife, I took the gloves off because you’re not allowed to attack my family members or my wife. He knew my wife and I were having marital issues in 2017 and he still went after her on the presidential Twitter feed, so he’s a low life. Once he did that, then I just started eviscerating him.”

Trump’s online bullying had real world consequences. Scaramucci says: “I had people taking pictures of my front door, saying they were going to come through the front door and hurt my family. I had a squad car outside my house because the threat seemed legitimate and the FBI was working on it. But that’s the America we’re living in now. If you have a political opinion in America now, you have to have that sort of nonsense going on.”

As the BBC programme documented, Trump’s ability to weaponise Twitter helped him with the White House in 2016 but, Scaramucci believes, it will lead to defeat this November. “You’re getting his full-blown impetuosity and his craziness and his viciousness and I think it’s very bad. History will reflect poorly on it and it will be his undoing.

“He’s going to get destroyed. It’s not even close how badly he’s going to get destroyed. His ardent support is wilting and, by November, there’ll be over 200,000 people dead from the coronavirus. This is not 2016, where he’s an unknown entity and you have this very polarising figure, Hillary Clinton. He’s also got guys like me that are Republicans that are going to work on hiving off 3 to 5% of the Republicans.”

Having voted for Trump in 2016, Scaramucci will vote for his opponent, Joe Biden, in November 2020 and he believes the long national nightmare will soon be over. “I always tell people 120 days is, like 500 years in Trump World but he’s on a trajectory of a downward slope and he’s doing something – because I know the son of a bitch well – he’s doing something that I find fascinating. He’s subconsciously self-detonating.

“He’s doing things every single day that is literally forcibly unravelling his political career and that is the hidden secret, the underbelly of a narcissist. They have a very full blown self-destructive streak in their personalities. He’s got his hand on the self detonator now.”

BBC Three’s Trump in Tweets is now available on BBC iPlayer in the UK, and is on BBC Two, Sunday 19 July, 10pm

Aug 03, 2020, 13:45

Sounds like a disgruntled loon to me. 

How many people have had good words to say about their boss once they got fired?

Got given a chance, failed and then blames everybody but himself. 

Basically, I was so good that they had to sack me. What a joker.

Aug 03, 2020, 14:14

Aug 03, 2020, 14:25

Aug 03, 2020, 14:41

Wow VrotKop!!

That's hard-hitting news.

What did CNN & NYT have to say about it???

My guess is that they would have defended Trump to the hilt. That's par for the course when it comes to news agencies funded by Nazi gold and with routes that go back to Hitler.

They'll probably tout some conspiracy about how aliens control Trump and are basically the overlords of humanity's destruction...right?

Aug 03, 2020, 16:42

Don't worry Bum Plum, you will prove that mainstream reality is incorrect, and your alternate reality is correct. You were molested by aliens, it is not a conspiracy. 

You can quote some articles that have been republished by other media outlets, but there is also some tongue and cheek. Doubt anyone credible in these media outlets believes the story, and most of their readers will probably not take much notice of the article.

Everyone has heard these stories before. They always start with "former" Pentagon agent to reveal confidential evidence that proves aliens are here. It never happens... Just like the end of the world stories. Does the little boy who cried wolf. Why is this story any different than others? 

The Pentagon will admit all of their alien activity very soon, or at least so you say... So it won't be long before you can say I told you so... Sure Dumb Plumb... 

Aug 03, 2020, 21:47

Except that they did actually declare that some of the video footage doing the rounds are in fact real airforce footage and cannot be explained by any known technology....where there is smoke...

Aug 03, 2020, 22:03

They said, that they said, that they said..... Same story, on a different day.

Aug 04, 2020, 02:51

Hahaha

Tool

Aug 04, 2020, 11:51

"They said, that they said, that they said..... Same story, on a different day."

Well that's just wrong because here is the list of firsts...

1) US Military confirmation of unknown craft.

2) US Military release tactical grade footage of encounters.

3) The confirmation of AATIP program.

4) The program lead comes forward after which his claimed role is verified by authorities.

5) Confirmation that the US government has been briefed on the topic with the most interesting outcome again pertaining to an unknown technology.

Those are just the headlines Vrottie. And they are ALL firsts.

You see how your use of the phrase "same story" is kinda silly?

It would be quite funny to hear how you put this all together in your head.

You must realise that your only way to rationally explain this is through claiming it to be a conspiracy by people at high levels of government and military. 

No?

Ok, cool. Then explain to me how it's not ufos OR a government/military conspiracy.

Haha i never took you for a tinfoil hat wearer Vrottie.

Aug 04, 2020, 11:51

And here come the memes...

Aug 04, 2020, 12:06

Uh-oh . . . sounds like the aliens have returned. That would explain why Dumb Plum is looking a bit nervous and standing with his back to the wall!

Aug 04, 2020, 13:16

Huh?

Aug 04, 2020, 13:53

Conspiracy theories are driven by people, not facts

You can't really argue with people who believe in conspiracy theories, because their beliefs aren't rational. Instead, they are often fear- or paranoia-based beliefs that, when confronted with contrarian factual evidence, will dismiss both the evidence and the messenger who brings it.2 That's because conspiracy theories are driven by the people who believe and spread them and their own psychological makeup — not on the factual support or logical reasoning of the theory itself.

Conspiracy theories aren't going away, for as long as there are people who have a need to believe in them, they will continue to expand and thrive. The Internet and social media sites such as Facebook have only made such theories even easier to spread. Save your breath arguing with people who believe in them, as no amount of facts will dissuade them from their false belief.

Conspiracy theories make a person feel special

Lantian et al.'s (2017) research examined the role of a person's 'need for uniqueness' and a belief of conspiracy theories, and found a correlation.

We argue that people high in need for uniqueness should be more likely than others to endorse conspiracy beliefs because conspiracy theories represent the possession of unconventional and potentially scarce information. […] Moreover, conspiracy theories rely on narratives that refer to secret knowledge (Mason, 2002) or information, which, by definition, is not accessible to everyone, otherwise it would not be a secret and it would be a well-known fact.

People who believe in conspiracy theories can feel "special," in a positive sense, because they may feel that they are more informed than others about important social and political events. […]

Our findings can also be connected to recent research demonstrating that individual narcissism, or a grandiose idea of the self, is positively related to belief in conspiracy theories. Interestingly, Cichocka et al. (2016) found that paranoid thought mediates the relationship between individual narcissism and conspiracy beliefs.

The current work suggests, however, that need for uniqueness could be an additional mediator of this relationship. Indeed, previous work has shown that narcissism is positively correlated with need for uniqueness (Emmons, 1984) and here we showed that need for uniqueness is related to conspiracy belief.

The psychology behind conspiracy theories

Researchers have been hard at work examining why a small minority of the population believe, and even thrive, on conspiracy theories.

Lantian et al. (2017) summarize the characteristics associated with a person who is likely to believe in conspiracy theories:

… personality traits such as openness to experience, distrust, low agreeability, and Machiavellianism are associated with conspiracy belief.

"Low agreeability" refers to a trait of "agreeableness," which psychologists define as how much an individual is dependable, kind, and cooperative. Someone with low agreeability is an individual who is usually not very dependable, kind, or cooperative. Machiavellianism refers to a personality trait where a person is so "focused on their own interests they will manipulate, deceive, and exploit others to achieve their goals."

Lantian et al. (2017) continue:

In terms of cognitive processes, people with stronger conspiracy beliefs are more likely to overestimate the likelihood of co-occurring events, to attribute intentionality where it is unlikely to exist, and to have lower levels of analytic thinking.

None of this should be surprising, because once you start to analyze a situation with demonstrable facts, it usually — and quite thoroughly — will break down the conspiracy theory into its component parts, none of which make sense standing on their own. For example, with zero evidence, conspiracy theorists need to invent a reason for a second shooter in Las Vegas, to match what they see as "facts." But once a person starts inventing a narrative out of thin air, you can see very little critical thinking occurring.

Aug 04, 2020, 14:05

Sharkbok, I think you'll find it easier to deal with Dumb Plum if you change your mental picture of him to look like this:

It certainly helped me.

Aug 04, 2020, 14:11

ha, ha. The pseudo- intellect that challenges mainstream reality, our very own Dumb Plum. 
If anything, he does provide good entertainment to laugh at. :D

Aug 04, 2020, 16:06

Go on Shark

I'm waiting for you to explain the government conspiracy to me.

Like how the Pentagon have coluded with navy pilots, government and the media to concoct the story that has emerged.

Aug 04, 2020, 16:32

Bum Plum read the text above that explains why people want to believe in conspiracies.

Since you have been on this board you have been promoting alien conspiracies. You want to believe this, so you filter information to support your fictional reality.

Why did the Pentagon not write this article themselves- and publish it on their own website? Why do they not have known people from the Pentagon talking about it on tv? This would be big news, the biggest ever in the search for extraterrestrial life. 

Simple because it is bullshit. 

Oh, by the way, we found a vehicle not made on earth the other day. 

Aug 04, 2020, 20:29

"Why did the Pentagon not write this article themselves- and publish it on their own website? Why do they not have known people from the Pentagon talking about it on tv."

The Pentagon have made statements directly regarding this topic...On numerous occasions over the last couple of years.

Ah, but I see, if they write an article it'll be more believable. Are you actually serious?

This shows that you actually don't know what's been going on Vrottie.

I'm telling you that a story has been emerging since 2017.

In the absence of a) ufos or b) government deception/conspiracy, it is up to you to explain how this story has come about.

I'm all ears. 

Let's hear your option C.

Aug 04, 2020, 20:51

He does not care Plum...he loves his own world view.

Aug 05, 2020, 02:23

Bum Plum back in the day...

My Alien Humor - 2yamaha.com

Aug 05, 2020, 02:45

Ou Vrottie finds himself in a corner and has to resort to his moronic diversions again.

So, no option C then StinkVis?

Hahahaha

Ta...Ta...Ta...Ta...tool!

Aug 05, 2020, 09:13

Vrottie must be so tired of being cornered by his own words.

Like watching a toddler with roll of tape. 

And option C is...not available at this time due to egregious miscalculation by the morons that be.

Whahahahaha.

Aug 05, 2020, 09:45

PIERS MORGAN: President Trump's painfully deluded train-wreck HBO interview proved he hasn't just lost control of the coronavirus – he's lost control of reality

In every great American crisis, there is a moment where the whole world can see the true character of a President.

For George W. Bush it came when he was photographed staring down from the luxurious comfort of Air Force One on the wreckage wrought by Hurricane Katrina, after his government's woefully inadequate federal response. The picture made him look detached and uncaring, and worst of all, a weak and ineffectual leader. He never recovered from it.

For Bill Clinton, it came with his infamous 'I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Ms Lewinsky' declaration. When it turned out he had indeed had multiple sexual relations with that woman, his reputation was badly damaged.

Conversely, for John F. Kennedy, you could point to his rousing 1962 speech challenging America to go to the moon, instilling in Americans a spirit of unlimited optimism, as the moment when he sparked a deep abiding popularity that lasts to this day.

Similarly, for Ronald Reagan, his audacious 'Mr Gorbachev, tear down this wall!' command at Berlin's Brandenburg Gate to the leader of the Soviet Union, cemented his place in history.

For President Donald J. Trump, there have been many grim moments during his catastrophic handling of the coronavirus pandemic that may end up defining his presidency.

For President Donald J. Trump, there have been many grim moments during his catastrophic handling of the coronavirus pandemic that may end up defining his presidency 

During an extraordinary, toe-curling HBO interview with AXIOS's Jonathan Swan (right), President Trump exposed just why the US has become a horrifyingly bad template for how NOT to combat Covid-19

During an extraordinary, toe-curling HBO interview with AXIOS's Jonathan Swan (right), President Trump exposed just why the US has become a horrifyingly bad template for how NOT to combat Covid-19

But last night, during an extraordinary, toe-curling HBO interview with AXIOS's Jonathan Swan, he exposed just why the US has become a horrifyingly bad template for how NOT to combat Covid-19.

In an attempt to defend his indefensible record, and specifically why the US has one of the worst death rates in the world, Trump suddenly produced a collection of graphics.

'Look at some of these charts,' he said. 'This one, right here, the United States is lowest…in numerous categories…lower than the world.'

'In what?' said an incredulous Swan.

'Take a look,' said Trump, handing the chart over.

Swan, a very good and well-prepared journalist, studied the chart quickly and forensically.

'Oh, you're doing death as a proportion of cases,' he replied. 'I'm talking about death as a proportion of population.'

'Well… well…' Trump stammered.

'That's where the US is really bad,' persisted Swan, 'much worse than South Korea, Germany etc.'

'You can't do that!' exclaimed Trump.

'Why can't I do that?' asked Swan, looking understandably confused.

'You have to go by the cases,' said Trump. 'We're last, meaning we're first!'

It was a stunning exchange.

George W. Bush it came was photographed staring down from the luxurious comfort of Air Force One on the wreckage wrought by Hurricane Katrina, after his government's woefully inadequate federal response

George W. Bush it came was photographed staring down from the luxurious comfort of Air Force One on the wreckage wrought by Hurricane Katrina, after his government's woefully inadequate federal response

Bill Clinton, infamously said: 'I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Ms Lewinsky'. He is pictured at his impeachment

Bill Clinton, infamously said: 'I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Ms Lewinsky'. He is pictured at his impeachment

Here was the President of the United States telling a journalist that he couldn't mention America's shocking coronavirus death toll because all that matters is not how many people have died, but how many people have been tested.

'You know there are those that say you can test too much,' Trump blathered. 'You do know that?'

Swan didn't know that, because nobody other than Trump has said that.

'Who says that?' Swan asked.

'Oh, just read the manuals,' Trump retorted. 'Read the books.'

'Manuals?' Swan pressed. 'What manuals?'

'Read the books, read the books,' Trump repeated.

Of course, there are no manuals, or books, that say you can do too much coronavirus testing.

Obviously, as any scientist will attest, you can never do enough testing. It's the only way to get on top of this virus until there's a vaccine.

What Trump actually means is that he wishes America did less testing so they didn't have so many cases because it makes HIM look bad.

That's why he doesn't want to talk about America's appalling death toll because, again, it makes HIM look bad.

'A thousand people are dying a day,' Swan told him.

'They are dying,' replied Trump. 'It's true. It is what it is.'

Wow.

'It is what it is' - that was the President's staggering response to the ongoing horrific slaughter of Americans by a deadly virus.

No empathy, no apology, no expression of sorrow.

Just a heartless, dismissive shrug.

The problem for Trump in this crisis is that the stats don't lie like he does.

When Swan pointed out that South Korea has a population of 51 million people but has only suffered 300 coronavirus deaths, Trump inferred, with zero evidence, that the statistics were fake news.

It's his default response to any facts he doesn't like, but now he is being exposed by the cold, hard reality of data-backed truth.

The World Health Organisation reports today there have been 18,100,204 confirmed cases of coronavirus in the world, and 690,257 deaths.

Of these, America has had 4,629,459 cases, which is 25% of the global total, and 154,226 deaths which is 22% of the global total.

Yet it has just 4.2% of the world's population.

So whichever way you look at the numbers, the United States is doing catastrophically badly.

Trump insisted that the US had the virus 'under control' despite more than 154,000 Americans dying from COVID-19

Trump insisted that the US had the virus 'under control' despite more than 154,000 Americans dying from COVID-19

When Swan told Trump that up to 1,000 Americans were dying everyday, the president said: 'It's true. It is what it is.' Pictured: Bodies are transferred to a temporary morgue in Brooklyn during the height of the pandemic

When Swan told Trump that up to 1,000 Americans were dying everyday, the president said: 'It's true. It is what it is.' Pictured: Bodies are transferred to a temporary morgue in Brooklyn during the height of the pandemic 

Trump knows it, everyone knows it.

But he also knows if he admits it, it may cost him the election in November.

So, he's now reduced to lying, obfuscating, deflecting, and anything else he can think of to avoid being held accountable for what has happened on his watch.

Last night, Americans saw their President deny the incontrovertible.

They saw him pretend he's got coronavirus under control when he's completely lost control.

And they saw him challenged relentlessly on all this bullsh*t by a top-class journalist determined not to let him off the hook.

It made for electrifying but very unedifying viewing, combining the detached uncaring conduct of George W. Bush during the Katrina crisis with Bill Clinton's cynical lying about Monica Lewinsky.

There were many other awful moments during the interview, including Trump once again offering weirdly uncritical support to accused child sex trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell, refusing to call the late civil rights campaigning legend, Congressman John Lewis, 'impressive' because Lewis hadn't gone to his inauguration, and stoking self-serving fears of election night mail voting fraud.

But it was his meandering disingenuous nonsense about coronavirus that swiftly went viral around the world.

Some people on social media even assumed it must be a comedy sketch given how preposterous it appeared and the fact it was appearing on a network famed for shows like Veep and Succession.

This, sadly, was very real.

I didn't laugh.

Instead, I cringed, I despaired, and then I felt angry.

America is being overrun by coronavirus because its narcissistic President has put his personal ego before doing his job – from spewing his dangerous 'cure' theories to trashing his top medical experts if they dare to speak the truth and boasting inanely about his covid news conference TV ratings.

Trump's made the crisis all about him, not the American people.

As a result, the American people are dying in massive numbers all over the country.

Jonathan Swan's constantly bemused face last night perfectly summed up what we were all thinking as the President brandished his meaningless self-serving charts and spouted his nonsensical self-justifying drivel: what the f*ck is he talking about? 

Advertisement

PIERS MORGAN: Trump's deluded train-wreck HBO interview proved he's lost control of reality

Aug 05, 2020, 10:47

Sounds like politicising the Pandemic to me.

That exact thing being part of the reason why the US have been hit harder.

Remember Pelosi's Chinatown party?

The moment the Whitehouse began dealing with Covid, the left in the US took to politicising the issue. 

Aug 05, 2020, 16:23

"On Monday April 27, 2020,  the US Navy released three video clips — “FLIR,” “GOFAST” and “GIMBAL” — on the Naval Air Systems Command website, available for the first time to download through the Freedom of Information Act.

In releasing the videos, the U.S. Navy officially acknowledges that its pilots encountered so-called unidentified aerial phenomena, according to the military news website Military.com.

Aug 05, 2020, 16:44

And this is very reliable... A white dot...:D
A tiny spec that would require the most basic video editing skills...

It is amazing how no one ever gets a clear shot. This is nessy, the loch ness monster. 

DNA findings suggest the Loch Ness monster might be a giant eel ...

Aug 05, 2020, 16:49

Aug 05, 2020, 22:20

Lol Shark

That's great. Brilliant actually. I mean, the genius is just unparalleled.

So clever to trick the navy with all their highly qualified pilots and technical staff with a simple photoshoped video.

What's even more brilliant is that you figured it out.

Gasps of disbelief vacated my face as I read your inspiring synopsis of "Meh Photoshop." 

Haha you tooL

Aug 05, 2020, 22:59

Bum Plum you are the same person who thinks that 9/11 was an inside job conspiracy. It is your fix, looking for an alternative to mainstream reality. 

You have no objectivity, you will always look for the alternative reality and ignore evidence or flawed arguments. However, if the evidence was the same for the mainstream reality, you will ignore it. 

I don't see a picture of an alien ship. I see a small dot bouncing around. It sounds like a muppet in the background, not a highly trained member of staff. A junior staff member at best.

The reality is 10 years from now, it will be the same situation. No aliens, just a new conspiracy. "Former Pentagon leader that no one has ever heard of, is about to let the world know about aliens". 

You are part of the alt-right crew that believes any conspiracy. A below-average intelligence person, nothing more, but perhaps less.

Aug 06, 2020, 09:52

You're so right Vrotkop.

I mean, the least they can do is give you a guided tour of the vehicle.

Lol what a plank.

You want clearer images.

Here's one taken in 1956 by a female South African pilot as she was flying above one. The original photos were auctioned off recently.

1950s Photoshop?

E Klarer

Aug 06, 2020, 17:36

LMAO!

Reading up about DumbPlum's new heroine Elizabeth Klarer on Wikipedia is a hoot! She apparently had multiple encounters with an alien named Akon and she even bore his child!

Here are some excerpts:

In April 1958 a series of contacts would have started which would set her story apart from the 1950s standard. These visits by Akon would have culminated in a day-long rendezvous with Elizabeth on the high plateau of Cathkin Peak, where he supposedly presented her with a silver ring which enhanced their telepathic connection. Their love was then consummated and a child was conceived at her advanced age of 48 years.[6][7]

"I surrendered in ecstasy to the magic of his love making, our bodies merging in magnetic union as the divine essence of our spirits became one."[6]

Very romantic . . . ". . . our bodies merging in magnetic union" but wait, there's more . . .

After a terrestrial pregnancy she (with her MG car) would have been transported in 1959 to Akon's home planet, Meton, supposedly orbiting Proxima Centauri in the nearby multiple-star system Alpha Centauri. There she would have delivered the male child.[2] Her son, Ayling, stayed behind on Meton to be educated, while Elizabeth reluctantly came home. Meton's planetary vibrations affected her heart, and she was consequently not permitted to return there, instead receiving follow-up visits from Akon and Ayling.[4] The whole trip, delivery and return trip supposedly required less than four months, sufficiently long to enable a nine year stay on Meton however.[6]

Hmmm . . . must say this planet Meton sounds like quite a cool place . . . if a teeny bit . . . ummm . . . Marxist! See for yourself . . .

There were no cities or skyscrapers as Earth people know them anywhere on Meton. Homes were scattered in park-like grounds... There was an abundance of all things needed by civilization – food, water and all materials for building, an unlimited supply of energy on tap from the atmosphere and the Universe, no shortages of any kind and no monetary system at all.

This is the woman whose "photograph" we're supposed to take seriously? Waaaaahahahahahahaha!

But hang on, talking of her "photograph" and DumbPlum's snide little "1953 photoshop" comment, here's what Ufologist and one-time Klarer-supporter Phillip Human had to say about her "photographs" . . .

"I do not believe one word of her supposed contacts and it was a standing joke the way she was helped to photograph an ordinary motor car hubcap. So much for her photographs . . ."

LMAO! A motor car hubcap!

Poor DumbPlum . . .

Aug 06, 2020, 17:45

HA, HA, HA, HA

You could not make this stuff up. What a dummy, Plummy is. 

A Trum-panzee of note-  the Bum Plum-Panzee

:D

Fjerne slektninger | Dansens Hus

---

Aug 06, 2020, 09:52

You're so right Vrotkop.

I mean, the least they can do is give you a guided tour of the vehicle.

Lol what a plank.

You want clearer images.

Here's one taken in 1956 by a female South African pilot as she was flying above one. The original photos were auctioned off recently.

1950s Photoshop?

E Klarer

Aug 06, 2020, 17:56

Ha, Ha

It was actually a threesome, with Bum Plum on the bottom...playing hard to get. 

Beyond the Light Barrier: The Autobiography of Elizabeth Klarer ...

Aug 06, 2020, 18:02

I forgot to add an important bit . . . the comment by Elizabeth's "supportive" husband Aubrey, when asked how he felt about his wife having a love-affair with an alien, becoming pregnant with a half-human half-alien child and flying off to a planet orbiting Proxima Centauri to give birth . . . Aubrey's response . . . 

"That's alright with me . . . as long as he stays in space where he belongs."

LMAO!

What a guy!

Aug 06, 2020, 18:07

OMG!!! Are you guys really that flacid of mind?

You two chimps keep falling for the same shit every day.

This is EXACTLY the point numbskulls - a picture proves nothing.

Whahahahahahaha

At least try to think ahead...just once!

Now that's settled can we get on with the actual point.

That being, why the rigmarole about UFO in government and media?

...or is that still above your paygrade, Vrottie?

Aug 06, 2020, 18:39

Wehe . . . DumbPlum's position has changed quite significantly since he was asking if we were dumb enough to think his pic was a 1950s photoshop.

Talk about getting egg all over your face . . . and then being too much of a coward to admit it!

By the way, I've just been doing a few sums. Elizabeth's trip to Proxima Centauri (round trip, there and back including the delivery of the child) only took her 4 months of our time (9 years in Meton time though). I just checked Proxima Centauri and although it's the closest star to the Sun, it is still 4.2 light years away so Elizabrth would have travelled at . . . let's see . . . 4.2 light years is 4.2 x 9.46 trillion km = 39 732 000 000 000 in 2 months (being generous here and allocating zero time for the birth and bonding between mother and alien-child) so basically that distance in 1440 hours = just north of 27.5 billion kmh.

Wow! Good thing she was an experienced pilot . . . although I'm quite sure she never got close to those speeds in her Tiger Moth.

Aug 06, 2020, 18:44

"You want clearer images.

1950s Photoshop?"

The above somehow evolved into "a picture proves nothing" while no-one was looking.

LMAO!

Aug 06, 2020, 19:22

It just goes to show why some people hate scientists, simply because they cant understand mainstream reality. They fear scientists who can use evidence to build logical reality. They take away the religious BS of faith with hard facts. 

Bum Plum the pseudointellectual pretending he thinks logically. Never has any poster made such a fool of themselves before today. 

And it was all based on some someone claiming they were abducted by aliens, with photos to prove it.
If Plum was not at the orgy, maybe it is alien spawn? 

By the way, photo editing tools have existed as long as photos themselves.  Certainly good enough to make such pathetic attempts of an alien ship like those you provided as your "proof"

Aug 06, 2020, 20:05

Stupid is one thing, what DumbPlum tried to do here is another thing completely. 

Don't know if there's one word that sums it up but it's a combination of cowardice, weakness of character and deceit.

"A picture proves nothing" says the weak, cowardly and egg-faced liar after putting up a link to pictures that he claimed at the time was clearer and couldn't possibly have been photoshopped . . . and he still added some bollocks about how the originals had been auctioned off because they were so important or valuable!

LMAO!

What a loser!

Aug 06, 2020, 20:54

Don't you two just look like fools right about now?

No photo or video is ever gonna be enough. No matter how clear or legit. That much is clear from your previous dismissal of the Fravor tapes.

And that's the point. 

Sorry I had to embarrass you to prove it.

At what point are we gonna get to Sharks option C.

That is what this is all about after all.

Fancy helping him out RCom?

Aug 06, 2020, 20:56

"Sorry I had to embarrass you to prove it."

Oh right, I brought up Elizabeth Klarer's photo as a valid and clear example . . . I'm the one who should feel embarrassed!

Silly me.

Aug 07, 2020, 08:28

You'll notice how Shark, that actual coward here still hasn't dared to offer up his option C.

Aug 07, 2020, 09:40

Go on Shark, put your voltage where you silly mouth is. I'm all ears.

Remember, UFOs do not exist and there is no conspiracy in government to disseminate false information regarding the subject through telling pilots, military consultants and soldiers make up stories about aliens.

Fill us in Vrottie. Tell us your option C.

Keep in mind that your story needs to account for numerous different government and military departments, personnel and private citizens all converging on the topic without the presence of a coordinated conspiracy.

Or do you require another clear picture first?

Hahahahahahahahahaha...

TOOL!

Aug 07, 2020, 10:10

"It just goes to show why some people hate scientists, simply because they cant understand mainstream reality. They fear scientists who can use evidence to build logical reality. They take away the religious BS of faith with hard facts. "

Are you insane? You are the one ignoring hard facts...La-La-Land is full of fools.

Just because science can't explain something yet, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There's a huge difference between actual science and seemingly scientific jargon.

Aug 07, 2020, 13:32

Draad, you are one of the happy-clappies that is anti-science. You prefer conspiracies over reality.  You like to make false accusations against people that are famous but do not share your ideology- like Tom Hanks.

Science can explain just about everything- but as you stated it is a work in progress for mankind to understand. 

Anyone with at least one scientific brain cell can see Elizabeth Klarer is a hoax. She is either crazy, or a con-artist targeting crazy people with her book.

Some people will try to understand things as part of religious reality and blind faith. They will dishonestly bend the data to fit into their own fictional reality which will give them exclusive access into heaven. The VIP package... 

When the Bible was disproven by science (e.g. God created the Earth in 7 days)- many of the religious realised that the Bible cant be read literally.
So it became figurative giving the believers a poetic license to customise it to their needs as they go along. So now everyone can interpret scripture subjectively- which is just a subjective opinion. 

Even if everyone in the world was religious and believed in the single Bible- there would still be disagreements between interpretation. 

Aug 07, 2020, 13:41

@Bum Plum, I don't even know what you are on about half the time. 

What is option 3, although to be honest, I am not even interested in knowing...and especially having to reread your nonsense in depth. 

You are still banging on about Elizabeth Klarer, who let's face it is a joke. Just like others who have claimed to see aliens, they would not be credible witnesses inside a courtroom for anything else.
Why would aliens always want to abduct crazy people, instead of say a well-acclaimed doctor or scientist etc.

It is very simple. You want to believe in something, so you filter reality to meet that end. If the same evidence was presented for something that you did not want to believe, you would just discard it for the BS that it is. And even if it was not BS, you would discard the facts as they contradict your reality. 

Aug 07, 2020, 14:05

"Or do you require another clear picture first?"

Yes please DumbPlum, give us another clear picture. The last one was hilarious and I'm still chuckling whenever I think about it.

Aug 07, 2020, 15:30

Haha Vrottie.

And right back to banging on about religious people in at attempt deflecting.

"..Beep...Beep...Beep me no understandy...Beep Boop Christians..."

What an ironic plonker of situation you're in.

Criticizing people for their stated beliefs while you cower and/or run from the prospect of having to clarify your own thoughts.

Every day and although fail, the toolbox embarrasses himself.

Tool

Aug 07, 2020, 16:37

A younger Bumb Plum around the time it all started...

Mod The Sims - Alien Abductions & No Abductions

Aug 07, 2020, 16:45

Yeah yeah...

We all know what it means when you start posting pictures.

Poor guy. 

Hahahahaha

Aug 07, 2020, 16:55

Does "we" include the aliens 

SMS Gifts Alien Smiley Face Fridge Magnet

Aug 07, 2020, 16:45

Yeah yeah...

We all know what it means when you start posting pictures.

Poor guy. 

Hahahahaha

Aug 07, 2020, 17:39

It includes everyone that sees you for the hillbilly that you are.

And you mock Christians. 

What a laugh you are toolbox.

And still no option C. 

Whahahahahaha. Guy can't even explain why he thinks what he thinks. If ever there was an epitome of stupidity, I believe that's it.

Tool.

Aug 07, 2020, 19:30

"Science can explain just about everything-"

No it can't...not even close...there is too much to know...300 years there was no distinction between chemistry and alchemy...but today we know the huge difference...someday science might be able to explain the metaphysical ...rejecting unexplainable observable phenomena is not the scientific way though...and your perpetual childish trolling of Christianity only showcase your own insecurities and bigotry. 

Aug 07, 2020, 20:08

No Draad, science has existed long before man. The universe has laws of physics. Observable phenomena confirm that. Man never invented science, instead, it is being learnt it over time. 

So understanding of science will continue to improve.  

1 = 1 and 0 = 0. Scientific facts, regardless of whether the earth existed. 
Earth would then = 0 if it did not exist.  

As for the happy-clappy bigotry, you are anti-ideology that is not what you prefer - so it is par for the course.

Aug 07, 2020, 20:13

Aug 07, 2020, 20:41

No, science is the man made discipline/"language" to explain the observable universe...physics is a part of that.

Aug 07, 2020, 20:45

"Science is the pursuit and application of knowledge and understanding of the natural and social world following a systematic methodology based on evidence. Scientific methodology includes the following: Objective observation: Measurement and data (possibly although not necessarily using mathematics as a tool)"

Aug 07, 2020, 20:48

"1 = 1 and 0 = 0. Scientific facts, regardless of whether the earth existed. "

No, that's mathematics...another human concept...to measure and contextualize our surroundings. 

Aug 08, 2020, 00:28

1. What I mean is Isaac Newton did not invent gravity. It always existed. 
    Newton just observed an apple falling from a tree it dawned on him.

Science can be defined as an ongoing activity that is a work in progress- a systematically organized body of knowledge on a particular subject.
    The cure to Coronavirus may already exist in nature but it just has not been discovered yet. 

Aug 08, 2020, 09:41

I know what you ment, but that's not what you said. You said something stupid, but that doesn't mean you are stupid.

You want to quarrel, insult and project your ignorance onto others...take a step back and stop being an obnoxious pr!ck...the act has become stale...you weren't always like this...switch the filters back on....and I will try to do the same. Can't we try to find some common ground and stop the stupid perpetual bickering somehow?

Aug 08, 2020, 11:09

Draad, you are arguing with a guy that has a selection of very stale fallbacks that he always returns to when he doesn't know what to say.

Dare to ask him how he arrives at his own contentions, about some pretty basic topics, and he simply shuts down.

Think of anything you've ever said on here. Now imagine I asked you to share how you arrived at that statement, conclusion or idea.

Can you think of a single instance where you'd be too afraid to say..."Here's what I think and here's why."

I bet you can't. I can't either. 

To me, it's all quite telling.

Someone that seeks to break down the beliefs of others is insecure. Their world view is creeking beneath their feet and they're afraid that, if anyone approaches, they whole thing might come tumbling down. So they best behave like a tosser as that will keep any unwanted visitors always. 

Subconsciously, they also want to make you feel as insecure about your belief as what they are about theirs. That's their perceived cure to what ales them. That would make them feel more comfortable in their skin.

From the fountain of insecurity flows all sorts of psychological malady.

A secure and confident person has the ability to assimilate and accept choices and beliefs of others without the need to draw intellectual boundaries. Like you and I do, regularly. 

Viskop can't do that. It's you and your word view versus him and his. How many times have you brought up something entirely outside of the religious sphere and then been told "...blah blah happy clappy..."?

That's not how confident people behave.

Aug 08, 2020, 12:58

I'm so bloody tired of it...

Aug 11, 2020, 17:43

Throw Our Heads Back GIFs | Tenor

Aug 12, 2020, 02:03

Aug 12, 2020, 20:27

Aug 12, 2020, 20:59

Kamla sounds smart. Regulating what goes in food (e.g. sugar limits), or giving tax incentives to motivate healthier production of food. 

Paleo junk food would be much better than grain junk food. Maybe in the future also a paleo beer. 

The current day diet is not a natural diet than mankind has evolved from over the years. Mcdonalds could be regulated as they appear to make addictive junk food for kids

Aug 12, 2020, 22:08

The idea that government should be able to dictate to us what we should be able to eat and drink is absurd...but that's the Commie way...over regulating everything...

Aug 13, 2020, 20:57

Aug 13, 2020, 21:01

I see her YouTube account has 350 subscribers. No doubt Bum Plum in one of them, and aliens also make up some of the subscribers of course. 

Aug 13, 2020, 21:59

I’m guessing 85% of all Covid deaths are in Democratic counties.

Aug 15, 2020, 17:08

Aug 28, 2020, 00:10

Sep 02, 2020, 18:31

Sep 09, 2020, 02:04

Sep 09, 2020, 02:16

Sep 15, 2020, 20:39

Sep 18, 2020, 02:49

You need to Log in to reply.