The World is getting a worse place to live in

Forum » Beenos Trumpet » The World is getting a worse place to live in

Oct 20, 2022, 09:39

People are starving because of worldwide inflation - Governance is collapsing in many countries and international insecurity is rife.

However, the latest is a shocking development as well.   The Dutch Government has stated that a terrorist organization with links to mafia style criminality is now threatgening to abduct and murder the 18 year-old Crown Princess Amalia of Orange Nassau and the Dutch Prime Minister.   

Princess Amalia dare not do what she did in the past - walk to University like all other students do - and she is effectively now surrounded by security agents and Queen Maxima said it is driving her to tears to see what is happening to her eldest daughter.   Since the days of Queen Juliana the Dutch royal family has always mixed with people without much security being involved.  Queen Juliana would ride around on her bicycle and turn up at State offices unannounced to see whether they render acceptable services to the public.   Before she became Queen Beatrix used t eb known as Bea and her neighbors and others visited her at home regularly to c hat about things,   

The Dutch Royal family is very popular - but if they have to be isolated from the ordinary people will that continue?   Yet another sign that the world we live in are changing for the worst,

Oct 20, 2022, 11:37

The more they try to fix it, the worse it gets...but it does get much better for the poorest of the poor.

Oct 20, 2022, 16:03

Not sure if I agree with you Draad, the world has always been a violent place, kidnapping , rape murder, assassination of royalty, politicians etc has always happened.

The world is a lot safer now, wars and violence are part of human nature. Are things bad at the moment sure I agree. Will it get worse, Sure can and I think it will before it gets better but give me a choice of any time of mankind I will pick my time everytime.

If we don't destroy ourselves first with nuclear or bio weapons it will hopefully get to a place where everyone has a decent standard of life.

On a whole most people are decent people

Oct 20, 2022, 18:43

C F 

I agree with you whole heartedly with on the above.   There are more good people in the world than most people imagine.   

Oct 20, 2022, 21:16

"On a whole most people are decent people"

Thank God for that...

Oct 21, 2022, 12:24

I thank the decent people 

Oct 21, 2022, 14:17

The precursor chemicals for drugs like fentanyl and methamphetamine flood the world from that "Red Dragon" country namely China.

Watch the "streets of Philedephia" documentary on hundreds of zombies frozen with these chemicals. It's not a movie. 

Oct 21, 2022, 14:37

"I thank the decent people "

Me too...I was a bit of a deliberate nuisance wit my comment. :D

Oct 21, 2022, 15:56

Same 

Oct 21, 2022, 20:52

Ja ja...we need to share a few beers soon...you seem to be traveling more than me...when you're coming to Cape Town?:D

Oct 21, 2022, 21:27

Not sure I would, would love to but my SA work mates have put me off lol.

My daughter and her SA husband are keen to return so I might go with them, not somewhere I would go alone doesn't  sound like a place to visit for a newbie.

Maybe they are over stating the situation but not willing to risk it on my own

Oct 22, 2022, 06:25

Crustyfan,  whereabouts in SA does your son-in-law call home?

Oct 22, 2022, 07:16

There are certain bad areas but Cape Town is perfectly safe if you know the lay of the land....my Boland right next door is one of the most beautiful places on Earth, with great weather...and the Garden Route of the Southern Cape takes things to an even higher level.

Pity about our troubles because we live in a fantastic country and we would love to share it with everyone.

Oct 22, 2022, 14:54

Some place I have never heard of, I believe it's out of Durban.

And he has a Grandad up Joburg way.

Oct 23, 2022, 18:14

Go hiking and camping it is the best way to experience Africa as it is today.

Cheers.

You need to Log in to reply.