Trevor Noah: 'Black people are tired of hearing

Forum » Beenos Trumpet » Trevor Noah: 'Black people are tired of hearing

Aug 28, 2020, 08:11

After this summer’s protests in the wake of the police killing of George Floyd, “there was definitely a sense that this could be the moment of systemic change”, Trevor Noah said on Wednesday’s Daily Show, in which he addressed the shooting of Jacob Blake, a black man, by two police officers in Kenosha, Wisconsin. “But as we’ve been reminded of yet again, there is still a long way to go.”

“Why was Jacob Blake seen as a deadly threat for a theoretical gun, while this gunman, who had already shot people, was arrested the next day and treated like a human being whose life matters?”

The two officers shot Blake seven times in the back, in front of his children, paralyzing him. In horrific cellphone footage of the incident, Blake appears to calmly walk away from the officers, who follow with their guns pointed; they open fire into his back as he opens his car door.

“I’ll never get used to how quickly police go from issuing commands to using deadly force,” Noah said. “Whatever happened to warning shots? Or tackling a suspect? Like are we really meant to believe that the only two options a cop has is do nothing or shoot somebody in the back seven times?”

In the wake of the shooting, people have again taken to the streets in protest, which makes sense, said Noah. “Black people are tired of hearing ‘I’m sorry’ and then nothing happening. Because essentially what they’re really hearing is, ‘I’m sorry this is happening, and I’m sorry that it’s going to happen again.’”

Noah also addressed the racist double standard in treatment and coverage of Kyle Rittenhouse, the 17-year-old white, self-styled “militia” member who is suspected of involvement in shooting three protesters on Tuesday night, killing two. Despite carrying his assault weapon down the street afterwards, three cop cars passed him by; he wasn’t arrested until the next morning.

Rittenhouse claimed on Facebook to be “defending a business” but “that’s some bullshit”, said Noah. “No one has ever thought, ‘Oh, it’s my solemn duty to pick up a rifle and protect that TJ Maxx.’ They do it because they’re hoping to shoot someone.

“Enough with this ‘militia’ bullshit,” he added. “This isn’t the battle of Yorktown. It’s a bunch of dudes threatening people with guns.”

The police treatment of Rittenhouse was “illuminating”, Noah continued, in that it “really made me wonder why some people get shot seven times in the back, while other people are treated like human beings and reasoned with and taken into custody with no bullets in their bodies”.

“How come Jacob Blake was seen as a deadly threat for a theoretical gun that he might have and might try to commit a crime with, but this gunman who was armed and had already shot people – who had shown that he was a threat – was arrested the next day, given full due process of the law and generally treated like a human being whose life matters?

“Why is it that the police decide that some threats must be extinguished immediately while other threats get the privilege of being defused?” The answer, Noah concluded was clear: “The gun doesn’t matter as much as who is holding the gun, because to some people, black skin is the most threatening weapon of all.”

Aug 28, 2020, 09:21

"Theoretical gun"

Boy, that just explains everything away,,,, thanks Trevor

Next headline..... "Wife and policeman get shot by ex husband for not thinking there may theoretical be a gun"

How about

"Shooter gets killed because cops thought that he had a real gun.... because theoretically.... when he pulled the gun, it is possible that it he was carrying a fake toy gun"

Or what about

Shooter kills 4 people as cops fail to act in time, thinking that he could theoretically have been carrying a plastic toy gun"

It is all a fucking joke...…

Tell all this to a policeman who has split seconds to decide who and what constitutes a real life threat and what doesn't

Aug 28, 2020, 09:30

OMG!

Blake - Assaulted officers, resisted arrest and then leaned into his vehicle to retrieve a knife(deadly weapon). Yes, it has been confirmed that he had the knife in his hand when he was shot. An eye witness said " I heard officers tell him to put the knife down numerous times."

Officers had already attempted to use non-lethal force but blake, toxicology report pending, was not responding to it. Fentanyl or perhaps a nice retro dose of PCP and weed are my guess.

No non-high person can withstand a tazer. Just FYI.

While it's quite clear that black lives don't matter to Denny, it's perhaps worthwhile reminding him that there were three young black CHILDREN in the vehicle and that a high-speed chase involving children is a very dangerous situation and likely to end up in injury to them.

Other criminals, including rapists, murderers and even terrorists - If they obey law enforcement, do not assault/fight the police and do not brandish or reach for weapons, are very rarely victims of deadly force.

A long way to go? 

Ok, so allow the criminal to grab his weapon and then in the split second before he stabs or shoots you, then you can use deadly force. Preferably allow him to take a few swipes at you with his knife or fire off a few shots at you with his gun, then maybe, you may use deadly force.

Denny, you are becoming joke.

Aug 28, 2020, 10:00

It's a complete and utter joke

What sane person leans into ANY car.... in a aggressive manner, with multiple guns trained on you

You must be fucking mental man.... or have a "death by cop" wish

Aug 28, 2020, 12:49

People think real life is like cop shows on TV.  I see suggestions like "they could have shot him once in the shoulder" or "they were 3 cops, why didn't they subdue him". Bring 3 of your buddies and try to subdue a drugged up grown man who refuses to be subdued, I'd like to see it. It's not gonna go down all coordinated and choreographed like on the TV, dude.

This is how shit goes down in real life. Listen to how many times officers request the guy to get back in the car. Even when he starts advancing on them. This is what cops deal with, and this is how a situation can become deadly in a split second. Any of the bleeding hearts out there beating on the cops can do this job for a month, and if you get through that alive, then and only then I'd give you the right to wash out your mouth about how police should deal with non-compliant criminals.

Aug 28, 2020, 13:25

It's so damn stupid. 

People that aren't cops, that have never had a weapon drawn on them or had to deal with hardened criminals, trying to dictate to police how they should respond in life and death situations.

"Oh, why didn't you shoot him in the leg?"

"...because someone shot in the leg can still fire back. DUMBASS!"

Oooooooopsie.

Aug 28, 2020, 13:30

Denby is a very foolish wee fellow. 

Bet he doesn't know stats prove you are more likely to be shot in America if you are white. 

The dembass gives himself away by failing to note all the killi gs of Blacks by Blacks over 90%.

Neithef does he comment on more black abortion being effected than on any other race group. That abortion clinics are strategically placed in black neighborhoods. 

The clown makes no mention of 70 of houses have no black father. Way up from times past.

Or how about the cities with the most violence are demonrat run. 

No wonder there is such a huge surge in black support for President Trump. 

Racists like Denny should really just zip it. They obviously are just on some political trip and it's clear black lives don't matter to racist Dense Denise. What an ignorant race baiting twit. 

But fancy these clowns trying to pin all this BS on Trump when these burning cities are run by demonrats and are in Demonrat States. When these maniacs are calling for the defunding/abolishment of the police, open borders, sanctuary cities, freeing criminals and doing away with bail. You get arrested and are set free. These demonrats are now shouting derh to America like the mad mullahs of Iran! 

Bet ou dense Denise believes everything fake news CNN  sends his way. No wonder he is so ignorant. 

Aug 28, 2020, 14:54

When younger, I was on the front line myself on many occasions and I can straight tell anyone right now, that you know absolutely fuck all about anything unless you yourself are put in that same situation and have experienced it for yourself

You have no idea how quickly a knife can materialize out of absolutely nowhere, and just how much incredible damage can be done in literally 2 seconds of freestyle knife work.

You have no idea how quickly someone can enter into your personal space, despite precautions being taken by yourself....  and how they can seriously get a possible opportunity to get a hand to your own weapon to try and use against you.... and I am including unassuming "innocent" bystanders here as well...…...all this whilst your adrenaline has not only hit the roof, but gone right fucking through it......

You have absolutely no idea how quickly a gun can materialize from nowhere, and get used against you and your partner..... it is life or death thinking and decisions in absolute microns of seconds..... and you say.... shoot him in the shoulder, or leg.... or like Dirty Harry or Charles Bronson, and shoot the weapon from his hands....

It's laughable what people expect in situations like this

I will repeat what I said earlier, if you have weapons trained on you, from multiple different police officers, repeatedly shouting and warning you to stop...….and you then still deliberately and intentionally lean into your own closed vehicle, to get something..... .then deal with those consequences dude...… not a fuck would I think that any reasonable well educated person would think that that is a absolutely normal thing to do

Aug 28, 2020, 15:24

...don't to you know DA...life happens in slow-mo and you can rewind and fast forward an infinite amount of times before you decide what to do. Just as well, considering some jobs require one to be faced with life and death situations almost daily.

Welcome to the wacky world of Trevor Denny.

Aug 28, 2020, 16:55

Well said Plum.

Aug 28, 2020, 17:07

Trevor Noah what a joker.

I feel sorry for his Dad.

Aug 29, 2020, 09:38

When younger, I was on the front line myself on many occasions and I can straight tell anyone right now, that you know absolutely fuck all about anything unless you yourself are put in that same situation and have experienced it for yourself

Good day TCFireman. 

Aug 29, 2020, 13:46

TCFireman??? Surely not. What on earth makes you say that?

I do however wonder what ever happened to TC...he and Snark would have gotten along well:D

Aug 31, 2020, 09:57

TCFireman?

Please fill me in here.....

What does a fireman have to do with my story about knife and possible gun fights on the frontline

Am I missing something here....?

Aug 31, 2020, 10:12

"...don't to you know DA...life happens in slow-mo and you can rewind and fast forward an infinite amount of times before you decide what to do"

Yeah Plum, that's why I mentioned the weapon story.... I was helping out as a police reservist when I was younger and we ended up going to a domestic violence call...… the guilty party was extremely drunk and aggressive with the police and whilst we were getting him under control and into the van... the actual person who was being assaulted by this same guy.... made a grab for one of our guns, to use against all of us.... hence why I said, unassuming "innocent" bystanders...

Fucking crazy

Aug 31, 2020, 10:29

You'll also note that Trevor Noah has now said that this kid had no right to defend himself. 

He said the kid committed a federal crime by crossing state lines with an assault rifle - WRONG/LIES

The kid is a far-right gang member - WRONG/LIES

The kid came to kill people - WRONG/LIES

The truth is that he was set upon for the harsh offence of putting out a fire started by rioters. One of the people he shot had pulled a handgun on him while the rest were a split second away from kurb-stomping him. All the people he shot had criminal records for violence.

Here is the video of him running away, falling down and then having to defend himself. 

Trevor's final advice...accept the beating. Defending yourself is racist.

Aug 31, 2020, 10:44

"The truth is that he was set upon for the harsh offence of putting out a fire started by rioters. One of the people he shot had pulled a handgun on him while the rest were a split second away from kurb-stomping him. All the people he shot had criminal records for violence."

Spot on Plum, he actually nearly drops that pistol when he gets shot in the arm..... it just hangs from his fingers....

Every single person involved in this incident, besides this kid who defended himself..... have previous and current charges and convictions against them for violent or drunken behaviour…. every single one of them

Also keep in mind that they also tried to smash his head in.... with a skateboard.... also on video

And guess who has come out in a very big way to defend this kid..... with his own take on what happened, as well as various video clips...… Ben Shapiro

Aug 31, 2020, 11:36

This, from the comments section of that clip...

"Rittenhouse is symbolic of what's happening in America today. Bullying an adversary (Rittenhouse) that could wipe you out in a second is no different than what the overly pampered generation of Millennials is doing by pushing America's tolerance to the absolute limit with these violent riots."

Bend the knee? Yeah...right!

This stuff is ridiculous. It is interesting though and for me raises a few questions.

Obviously, much of it is driven by social and legacy media. All media is more accessible AND more interactive these days.

They've painted Trump as the head of snake but the problem is that, unlike Louis XVI, Trump's population are predominantly content, progressing and peaceful. 

Some months ago I said that I felt the Dems were doing everything in their power to lose to Trump. That statement has only become more true...

Their candidate - incoherent and hidden away.

Their representatives - embarrassing the sound-minded in the party.

Their policies - looking at you Green New Deal.

Their strategies - Russia, Ukraine...proven lies. Extremely embarrassing for them.

Their best candidate - everyone knows it was Tulsi but she never got a look-in.

Their voter base - pissing everyone off and burning stuff down.

Their media - backtracking at a critical moment after the Republican convention and thus tacitly endorsing Trump. Lemon - "Black people don't want police defunded." 

The polls -  looking terrible for them.

Their future - Durham report pending but here's an article on Clinesmith pleading guilty. He wasn't acting alone or without orders. If more arrests and confessions follow...

How on earth could anyone expect Biden to win?

The irony - While they play victim, Trump emerges as the actual victim, right when it matters most.

Aug 31, 2020, 11:49

...and Noah's contract won't last much after Trump get's a second term. 

New strategies required and all.

Aug 31, 2020, 17:15

Noah's contract will immediately be extended with another 4 years if Trump gets reelected...he will struggle for material when Trump is gone...he'll have to start working hard again.

He is a good comedian...pity about the mono vision though.

Aug 31, 2020, 17:30

Just another radical "LEFTY" trying his best to retain his fame by being a jerk by denying the truth and fabricating the facts.

These folks are all out of sync with reality.

Pity.

Aug 31, 2020, 19:58

Here's another one that Noah got spectacularly wrong. Even in this piece where he runs through just how wrong he got it he refused to offer an apology, downplaying his booboo with lame jokes instead.

Aug 31, 2020, 21:24

That's because he feels justified that he is morally on the right side, so errors are excusable...the end justifies the means if you are of the left, but noghing conservative can ever be right...never...there is only one way.

Aug 31, 2020, 22:33

Religious follow an absolute truth, the word of God. A monolithic truth. (Christians, Muslims, Judaism). 

Modern society promotes a relative truth, which is a degree of truth. Or a reasoned truth, instead of blind absolute faith. 

Then Christians complain when their absolute truth is not accepted, saying that the non-religious say only their way is correct. Oh, the irony...

Sep 01, 2020, 05:42

No, we complain when it starts being OK burning churches and Bibles...amongst other things.

Sep 01, 2020, 08:02

I have lost all respect for Trevor Noah

He starts his daily skits off by lambasting Trump, and in the process sometimes making himself look incredibly stupid doing it.

Trevor is a very smart guy, but he seems to have gone too far with his hatred of Trump, much like a lot of these late night show hosts

Sep 01, 2020, 08:52

Wow

Even Trump is defending the fact that Rittenhouse was violently attacked, and that he was only defending himself against possibly being killed...…

This should really get the Dems going......

Sep 01, 2020, 09:46

DA

My feeling is that they're all bought and paid for.

There is no chance things could naturally have been so biased since before Trump had even won in 2016.

What's more telling is what they leave out.

Willy Clinton has barely gotten a mention despite being balls deep, excuse the pun, involved in one of the biggest sex trafficking scandals ever.

Have one of these guys ever asked Hillary about it? Nope. 

What normal and educated human being possessing even a shred of journalistic integrity would not want to know more?

Now imagine Trump had been on Lolita Express dozens of times and was photographed getting a massage from a known victim. 

The truth, I think, is in the contrast. 

Now I see a bunch of Dem mayors have endorsed Trump too.

Shark should change his motto to "Free Falling With Biden".

Sep 01, 2020, 09:51

Fully agree and support your assessment here Plum

"There is no chance things could naturally have been so biased since before Trump had even won in 2016."

Fucking impossible

Let's not forget the 30 000+ Hilary emails... the numerous meetings on the private jet to make it go away

Sep 01, 2020, 16:03

It is amazing how the story that the Right Wing are thugs continues to dominate.....when Antifa and the militant wing of BLM are the closest thing to the Brown Shirts we have seen recently in a Western Country.

Sep 01, 2020, 16:34

Black Lifes Matter has not even given an ultimatum of what they want. 

What will they do if they get what they want, and what will they do if they do not get what they want? 
The average black person is poorer than other races, so do they want equality?

As the percentage of black people in the US grows, this problem is only going to get worse. 

Sep 01, 2020, 17:20

"As the percentage of black people in the US grows, this problem is only going to get worse." 

Yep, agreed...…. as with anywhere and everywhere else in the world as well..... that is not racist...… that is a fact

Sep 01, 2020, 18:10

But, but, I thought "White Privilege" is tbe problem...?

Sep 02, 2020, 00:50

Whites 64%, Hispanics 16%....Blacks 12%. But look at US advertising and it feels more like Whites 45%, Blacks 50% and Hispanics 5%. Black political power derives from  the cities....the black population is concentrated in the cities, many of whom have black mayors.

It’s a myth that blacks are under represented in government, that’s much more true of Hispanics and even more true of Asians. That black over representation also extends to colleges when numbers are adjusted by test scores.

Sep 02, 2020, 13:29

Trevor Noah is a thick anti American plank who should be deported immediately.

Just bear in mind oaks polls show 81% of Blacks want the police presence increased or kept at current levels.

Blacks are leaving the KKK  demonrat plantation in droves. 

Trump is heading for a landslide win with the demonrats only hope being massive voter fraud. 

The demonrats have to own the behavior of racist marxists groups like Antifa and BLM. 

This marxist/globalist revolution is going to fail spectacularly.

By the way what a total lying hypocrite Nanzi Piglosi is. She has been videod at the hair dressers wearing no mask. Bwahahahahaha. Of course being so old you would think if she believed the Chinese Virus BS  benefits of masks etc she would wear one. 

Congrats to that 17 year old for defending himself so ably. He is a hero and should get a meddle. There is zero chance the demonrats have any chance of ultimately convicting him. 

Poor old Beijing Biden was exhausted after speaking to the press for a few minutes and refusing to take questions. He is taking a day off I hear! 

Now the twit is claiming to Riots are all Trump's fault. First there were no riots, now they have to admit there are and its Trump's fault. Never mind the demonrat Mayor's have defunded police and asked them to stand down. Never mind the local AG wont prosecute criminals and the mayor and state Governors wont accept help from federal government or use state guards etc. Never mind demonrat leaders openly encouraging the rioters etc. 

Bwahahahahaha are these snakes getting flushed out and are they crashing and burning!!

I think it's fair to say that dunce sharktwit has crowned himself as the most profoundly absurd twit on the board. 

Never mind sharktwit you are hilarious at times and we know you do you best. Bwahahahahaha l

Sep 02, 2020, 17:46

Lol Pakie

CNN have made that boy a rich man.

No doubt Noah had nothing to say about the blacK israeliteS racially abusing the kids just prior to the incident.

Noah isn't an idiot. He obviously saw the entire film, like everyone else did. Agenda much?

Sep 03, 2020, 22:10

Trust that he can find a minute on his show to thank the folks in the USA (Black, Brown, and White) for affording him the opportunity to make that type of money.

Could not have done it anywhere in Africa for sure.

Oh shucks, I forgot about Zimbabwe.

Good luck.

Sep 16, 2020, 19:57

Just picture what the USA is going to be like in 2024 if PDT is not reelected.

Goons running amock everywhere.

Sep 17, 2020, 01:58

Condemn the systemic murder by some members of the DOJ in the USA of innocent black citizens before commencing to condemn the violent protests and arson which followed those murders.

BLM

Sep 17, 2020, 04:19

Condemn the systemic murder shooting by some hardly any members of the DOJ in the USA of innocent black citizens before commencing to condemn the violent protests and arson which followed those murders.

BLM

"As of the June 22 update, the Washington Post’s database of fatal police shootings showed 14 unarmed Black victims and 25 unarmed white victims in 2019."

Sep 17, 2020, 04:28

What say you of the whites that are killed huh...

No support for them? No care for their lives?

Quite funny, how the board discovers it's very own lil racist.

Sep 17, 2020, 08:09

'Black people are tired of hearing "I’m sorry"

White people are tired of hearing "You are racist"

Sep 17, 2020, 08:10

"What say you of the whites that are killed huh..."

Nothing.... Niks……. Fuck all

It doesn't fit their narrative Plum

Sep 17, 2020, 09:50

It's the same old bullshit. 

An average of around 70 million police interactions in the USA annually. 

70 million interactions vs 39 unarmed people(white AND black) killed in 2019 = error rate of 0.0000557%

Let's assume that the cops are covering up 10 times more deaths than they report and say that 390 unarmed people were killed in 2019 instead of 39...

Error rate would then equal = 0.000557%

Tell us again what "systemic" means???

And all of this is before we factor in how many of those cops were defending themselves against unarmed people that were endangering the police officers or civilians IE justified shootings. And before we consider the actual nature of police work and how difficult it can be to enter into dangerous situations on a daily basis.

Show me any company anywhere on earth, from Amazon to BMW, whose employees operate at that extremely low error rate. It's unheard of, practically impossible, and it shows you just how bloody good a job the cops are doing in the USA.

...and it all comes crumbling down.

Sep 17, 2020, 09:53

And then let us not forget...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Justine_Damond

She is one of Denny's countrymen/woman...not a peep out of him when this happened and you know that he certainly heard about in on Australian news.

Sep 17, 2020, 12:27

Black Americans are killed at a much higher rate than White Americans

Although half of the people shot and killed by police are White, Black Americans are shot at a disproportionate rate. They account for less than 13 percent of the U.S. population, but are killed by police at more than twice the rate of White Americans. Hispanic Americans are also killed by police at a disproportionate rate.

The rate at which black Americans are killed by police is more than twice as high as the rate for white Americans.

1,329killed(total)930killed2,555killed219killed42M39M197M49MBlack32 permillionHispanic24 permillionWhite13 permillionOther4 permillionU.S. populationHigher rate of police killings ?

Sep 17, 2020, 12:56

Smoke and Mirrors......

85.7% of the USA population is made up by white and black people... the rest are Hispanic, Asian, Latino, etc etc

Whites make up 73% of that 85.7% and blacks only make up 12.7%

Why is it then....  that blacks are overwhelmingly the majority when it comes to committing any kind of crime, yet they only make up 12.7% of the US population.....

Why have whites, who have 73% of the population, not committed more crimes than the black people?

Sep 17, 2020, 14:28

I was watching a small segment of Trevor Noah last night, which I never do anymore, because I totally dislike the guy now......he was commenting on how it is no longer an offense in some state that I don't remember, for black men to wear their pants around their thighs exposing their backsides.... and it's no longer an offense because it was considered racist because it was apparently being aimed at targeting young black men.

His logic for the fact that this was definitely racist, was because..... wait for it

No plumber has ever been targeted or charged with an offense for showing his backside whilst working under a sink, exposing his backside, and proceeded to show a picture of the well known "plumber's crack"

This was not a joke from Noah, he was being dead serious..... he said that if a plumber can show his backside without it being a crime, as they have been doing for so many years......then a young black man can also expose his backside and it should also not be a crime

So, a plumber working on a sink in the house of a private client is now being compared to a youngster walking around in public places, exposing his underwear and backside.

What the fuck is this world coming to

Sep 17, 2020, 14:52

Ag Denny,

Put whatever charts you like up.

The fact remains, if you are an American citizen, of any color, your chance of being killed by the cops, while unarmed, is...

0.0000557% in 2019.

People often use the figure of 99.999% loosely. Here, it is literally a case where your chances of survival when interacting with police is +99.999% 

And guess what, if you don't threaten or endanger the cops or the people around you, while doing as you are told, that already insanely high chance of survival goes up even further. To the point where is almost impossible to be killed by a cop.

Why not be brave and put up a graph showing how many people are murdered by people of their own race. 

Why not be braver and put up a stat showing what proportion of police interactions are made up by the various races?

The real smoke and mirrors come in when it is claimed that choice and agency are removed from the equation when a criminal considers murder, rape, robbery and theft.

Crimes of necessity in the USA make up a tiny portion of criminal activity. 

For example...

1 in 200 people involved with drug trafficking make more than what could be earned at a minimum wage job. That's normally a job where an IQ of 85 is sufficient to correctly carry out one's work. Manual and repetitive but it pays. 

Point being, it is only in very rare circumstances where the criminal himself isn't to blame for his crime.

Now...one final act of bravery, tell us what percentage of gang bangers and dealers are killed by their rivals and other criminals.

Here's a clue...0.0000557% isn't the answer and without cops...that figure would look much worse.

Sep 17, 2020, 18:34

Plum we all know that he has a "HARD-ON" for everything white.

He has the cheek to call others Racist and Biggots but what is he really.

Seeking refuge in Oz which is run by the whites he has the balls to slam everything and all that could possibly be associated with white rule and order.

Freaking Coconut seeking to be accepted.

Go back to Cape Town, you clown.

Sep 17, 2020, 20:06

Arthur that is out of line...Denny had bad experiences under apartheid...he is hurt and as a coloured man obviously judges things a little too extreme...we all would. This country should have a balance. First of all what is obvious to me is that Blacks cannot rule in majority...they need the input of the whites. coloureds and Asian people...true governments must be colorblind and select individuals for rule and authority based ONLY on merit and achievement.

We now have in this country something far worse than apartheid...in fact it is the worse apartheid in the world...if you go into any any government office there is only black people. If you go into any business you see far more black workers with the odd white. If you go into any chain store, Pick n Pay, Checkers, Spar , Clicks and Dischem 95% are black. It's the biggest con of the world.

Having said that in this country there's so much wrong, corrupt and misconstrued...totally out of context of true freedom and fairness.

People are selfish creatures and vote for themselves...altruism is a fake ideal.

And people react differently, especially when they are hurt and cannot have a voice. No African country is better off than under Colonial rule, that's a fact but that did not make it right. From one extreme of unfairness to another that is far more extreme in unfairness. Two wrongs NEVER make a right.

Sep 17, 2020, 20:59

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-3.xls

These are FBI stats for 2016. Check it out ......there were 3499 instances of violence against Whites/ 533 committed by Blacks.....and 2870 instances of violence against Blacks/243 committed by Whites.

But remember  there are 5 times as  many whites as blacks. So one would only expect roughly 700 crimes against Blacks based on Whites experiencing 3499 crimes..... but the black number is 2870 so the Black community experiences 4 times  the violence experienced by Whites

Is that the fault of Whites? Nope, again there are 5 times as many Whites as Blacks.....so if Blacks are committing 533 crimes against Whites, Whites have to commit more than 2500 crimes against Blacks to equal that rate. But they commit 243 crimes. So  a Black individual is 10 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white as opposed to an individual white against a Black.

That’s a bit confusing because there are more white ‘targets’ out there per black transgressors. But the fact is a black  person is more than 4 times as likely to commit a violent crime as a white person...that’s basic.

So the narrative of inter racial violence is disproportionately one way....and not the way the media portrays. Obviously the level of black violence is something society needs to address, but laying the blame at the feet of the police or whites in general is ignoring the real problem. The Black community deserves an honest effort, not a politically directed lie.

Sep 18, 2020, 07:56

Any time a black personality calls for introspection from the black community he is immediately called house N, uncle Tom etc.

Whites on the other hand must examine and re-examine everything about ourselves and pretty much just accept that we are morally inferior with a long way to go before we get to what's considered acceptable.

It feels as though it's a big brother and little brother relationship. And I don't think it helps the black community at all.

Sep 18, 2020, 08:18

One only has to look at Zimbabwe since Bob took over.... look what he did to his own people

The "diamond" of Africa was completely destroyed......annihilated

Then promises were made after the coup happened.....

Nothing has changed, and according to the media, it has got even worse since the takeover

In SA, it is very much the same..... the way the government treats it's own citizens is disgusting.... it is take take take......

Sep 18, 2020, 08:21

"Denny had bad experiences under apartheid...he is hurt and as a coloured man obviously judges things a little too extreme...we all would"

Bullshit Seb

We would not all do that...…

You do not judge things to the extreme for your entire life because of bad experiences...… you do that because of hate

Sep 18, 2020, 10:01

"......you do that because of hate"

Let me be clear on this....You say I hate......who do I hate?

"You do not judge things to the extreme for your entire life because of bad experiences..."

And what exactly have I judged to the extreme for my entire life?

I'm curious.

Sep 18, 2020, 10:29

@Plum

"Put whatever charts you like up."

It isn't a "whatever" chart, it's from one of your above posts fatal police shootings

All I did was copy and paste the chart from your handy bit of work.

So to be clear, were you lying when you said that twice the number of white people were killed as to black people or were you too dumb to interpret that black people are killed at a higher disproportionate rate to white people?

Be honest now.

Sep 18, 2020, 11:46

"

Revealed: 'Trained Marxist' Black Lives Matter co-founder is being funded by group linked to the Chinese Communist Party"

Sep 18, 2020, 12:04

No Denny,

I'm saying that if you behave when arrested, no matter what color you are, it is practically impossible to be killed by the cops. Even if you do misbehave, it's still extremely unlikely that a cop is gonna put two in your chest.

And to summarise all of this...

Each individual life IS significant. We can all agree on that, right?

BLM'd like to take a system with the smallest error margin and replace it with...tirbal policing and vigilantism? And they're declared commies too...

Most grown-ups know where that leads. And it's NEVER to a place where life is respected and ALWAYS to lesser personal freedom & more death. 

A huge swathe of black people are not merely a hand emerging from the ground but have long ago fully emerged and are getting on with their lives. Shit like this poisons strong communities and turns healthy kids full of potential into hateful zombies that think the world is out to get them.

Once a person is free, it is himself that the battle is against.

Sep 18, 2020, 13:03

"......you do that because of hate"

Let me be clear on this....You say I hate......who do I hate?

I never said that you hate Denny, I said if you (anyone) who judges things to the extreme for your entire life because of bad experiences, that comes from hate

"And what exactly have I judged to the extreme for my entire life?

I'm curious"

I never said you did Denny, I was challenging Seb's statement of "We all would"...., not you, hence why your name was never referenced

Sep 18, 2020, 13:24

It seems Russia is backing Trump, 

and China wants Biden. (at least in the short-term).
China believes that Biden would be better for them in the short term, but in the long term, Trump is better for them.
They believe Trump would turn America into a second or third world country in the long term. 

It is clear form the hackers in Russia and China who they both want to win the election.

Sep 18, 2020, 15:59

It is clear form the hackers in Russia and China who they both want to win the election.

Putin is better at Poker than that...nothing is clear...disinfo and psyops...the big global game of chess...or Game of Thrones...

Sep 19, 2020, 03:03

So thus far in 2020 ....242 Whites and 123 Blacks have been killed by police.... https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/ 

To assess whether those numbers demonstrate racial bias on the part of the police we need to know how many violent confrontations took place with police. We don’t know that number.

Perhaps the best substitute is simply participation in violent crime. The numbers in my link to FBI data above show Whites committed 3196 violent crimes.....Blacks committed 3156 violent crimes. Almost exactly the same.

So one would expect the numbers killed by police would be the same for both races. But the numbers of Whites are almost double the number of blacks. How can this possibly demonstrate bias against Blacks?

Sep 19, 2020, 05:21

...because the wonky math simply says police killings of various races should correspond directly to the racial make up of society.  

Anything else is indicative of racial bias, systemic racism, fascism and so on.

Ties in quite neatly with the commie's eternally unsuccessful equal outcomes doctrine.

Sep 21, 2020, 08:12

The disparity between the population number of whites versus blacks in the USA is just far too large to ignore

For a while now about 13% of the USA population has been black, yet most of the crime in the USA comes from the black population,,,

This is a fact...…  it is not a racist baiting comment or statement... it is a fact

Look at it any way you want to, and try and justify that any way you can, but those are the cold hard facts

Sep 21, 2020, 09:36

@Seb...I'm curious.

You say....Denny had bad experiences under apartheid...he is hurt and as a coloured man "obviously judges things a little too extreme"...we all would.

What things do I judge to an extreme?

Go ahead, enlighten me.

Sep 21, 2020, 10:50

@Denny...I'm curious.

Do you consider BLM to be extreme?

Go ahead, enlighten me.

Sep 21, 2020, 10:56

Shut up Clown. There's adults in the room.

Noticeably always the first to jump in, get a grip on your self importance. 

Sep 21, 2020, 11:34

@Denny...I'm curious.

Why so angry?

Go ahead, enlighten me.

Sep 21, 2020, 12:17

"we all would"

Seb, maybe stop generalizing here as well.... don't speak for others

If you are black and you treat me respectfully so will I

If you are white and you treat me respectfully, so will I

If you are Asian and you treat me respectfully, so will I

If you are black and you treat me disrespectfully, I will tell you to fuck off

If you are white and you treat me disrespectfully, I will tell you to fuck off

If you are Asian and you treat me disrespectfully, I will tell you to fuck off

You get the picture......

With me it has and always has been, you treat me like you expect to be treated by me

Fucking simple

Sep 21, 2020, 12:28

"you treat me like you expect to be treated by me"

Indeed . . . that's why I treat you like a very angry, stupid and deeply unpleasant person. My expectations of you are very low, Dumbass.

Sep 21, 2020, 13:03

LMFAO

I don't even have any expectations of you Piss Mint...... such is the low level of my respect for you, as a person in life and on this forum

LMFAO

Sep 21, 2020, 13:17

I see, so your response is basically the equivalent of a child sticking out his tongue and saying "I'm rubber you're glue so your words bounce off me and stick to you"?

I'll say one thing about you DumbAss, you do consistently fulfil the very low expectations I have of you.

Sep 21, 2020, 13:26

"I'm rubber you're glue so your words bounce off me and stick to you"?

One could write volumes on exactly why that statement is so insightful...and true.

Which begs the question - what's your point?

Sep 21, 2020, 13:42

Ayling, if you can't work out what my point is then I doubt it will help for me to explain any further . . . but I'm glad you found my children's quote so deep and profound. 

Sep 21, 2020, 14:02

Rooi - "DA, what I understand from what you are saying is both true and apt. To the point where children understand it."

Plum - "Your point?"

Rooi - "You don't get my point."

haha

Sep 21, 2020, 14:12

Good grief!

LMAO!

Sep 21, 2020, 14:18

Plum

Listen up dude, I'm gonna say this slowly and once only.

I promise to be polite.

For months I've seen you wailing away, Denny this Denny that, headline screamers with my name in it, nyaaah nyaaah, nyaaah, culminating in Denny is a racist , Denny is a coward. I never felt a need to respond. I know you'd like to suck me into a debate. It should be obvious to you by now that you're not really that important to me and as a matter of fact I told you that several months ago, I even pasted a don't care a fuck meter to stress how little you mean to me if anything at all.

I like people like Cloudy, remember her? Yep, the lady you badgered, repeatedly badgered, even after I played peacemaker you stopped for a wee while and then you just kept going again, day after day, week after week. You can only dream of the dignity and down to earth goodness she has, she'd have my back any day. You won't. Not after seeing how you reacted when your mate CleanCut abused you, you cowered in a corner like a dog with his tail between his legs, head bowed. Called you a homosexual, a Pedophile and a drug addict amongst other things.

Disgusting.

And after all that, now you're best of mates even though there was no apology offered.

Where is your self respect Huh? He's the low life arsehole you should have ripped into, instead you ripped into a lady poster...easy pickings huh? So tell me, who is the coward? Plum, simply put you're not my cup of tea, sure I know I enjoyed you at some point in the past, think I might have wanted to touch base with when next I visited the old country. That obviously will never happen, it was really silly of me.

Get it now? I sincerely hope so.

So remember this, while you're wailing for my attention I have no interest in you.

And while your fixation with me won't stop, please be patient, this I promise you.......I will ignore you, if I've failed to do so in the past I won't fail to do so in the future. 

Sep 21, 2020, 14:26

@Denny...I'm curious.

How many boxes of tissues did you go through as you typed all that?

Go ahead, enlighten me.

Sep 21, 2020, 16:48

"you do consistently fulfil the very low expectations I have of you"

Your own friends and family have zero expectations of you Piss Mint..... so don't try and compensate for that by trying to get some by coming on here little man, lol

Joining various forums looking for companionship does not make you a great husband, father, colleague or friend big guy.... we have all seen over the years how you have treated many different individual people the exact same way..... just on this forum alone, and what you have bragged about doing on other forums..... so one can very clearly see what kind of person you genuinely are in real life dude.

Spying on posters and their families..... posting pictures and disgusting information about them and their families....

You are a despicable and disgusting person, and most people on this forum know that, and a few have already told you that themselves...... some prefer to just keep it to themselves....

I am honest people..... I swear I am..... I truly am guys...… deep down inside I am actually not a bad guy, I am actually quite a likeable guy...…...lol, despite being disliked by so many posters on multiple forums...

LMFAO..... too funny..... and you talk about expectations.....

Sep 22, 2020, 06:56

@Denny...I'm curious.

Which posters exactly were you gossiping about behind their backs?

Go ahead, enlighten me.

Sep 22, 2020, 07:07

Hey Rooi

I managed to find a few Dr Suess books. I'm wondering would you like to trade? 

I'll take all commie literature off your hands. That way I get something to light braais with and you get to go back over some basic and useful children's philosophy.

As an added bonus, I'll offer 1 hour a week of time towards explaining some of the more tricky volumes. Only because I know that Cat in a Hat might be a tad much for you.

It's a win win.

Sep 22, 2020, 08:42

"I managed to find a few Dr Suess books. I'm wondering would you like to trade? "

LMAO!

It's Dr Seuss, not "Suess", you profoundly stupid moron!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha!

Also, don't knock Dr Seuss. Ted Geisel was a genius.

Sep 22, 2020, 09:01

Wehe . . . sounds to me like DumbAss is taking himself quite seriously after he was made a fire marshall at work and did some basic OHD firefighting training . . . now he thinks he's Red Adair.

TC Fireman!

LMAO!

Sep 22, 2020, 09:38

"Ted Geisel was a genius."

Agreed.

I'm seding someone round to pick up your commie literature. Will a 12t truck suffice? Two trips is a possibility.

Sep 22, 2020, 09:44

"Two trips is a possibility"

LMAO

Sep 22, 2020, 10:35

Don't think the trucks will be necessary. I have no commie literature. I read a lot of stuff on the net but when it comes to reading books (or in my case a Kindle) for leisure then I only read fiction. 

If you think authors like Kurt Vonnegut, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Khaled Hosseini, Kazuo Ishiguro or Louis de Bernieres constitute commie literature then you might need a basket at most (or a flashstick), but no trucks are necessary.  

Sep 22, 2020, 11:08

"Gabriel Garcia Marquez"

It makes absolute sense that you would read books from a guy who is well known for his one novel....

"One hundred years of solitude"

It perfectly sums up your 60 plus years on this earth

LMFAO

Sep 22, 2020, 11:18

". . .a guy who is well known for his one novel...."

LMAO!

"Love in the Time of Cholera" is not a great novel? "Chronicle of a Death Foretold"?

One novel . . . pffffffffffffffhahahahahahahahaha!

Stick to whatever it is you do best, DumbAss . . . pulling the wings off flies or whatever it is that you do well . . . literature is obviously not your strong suit.

Sep 22, 2020, 12:41

Duh...… Piss Mint

"Gabriel García Márquez, (born March 6, 1927, Aracataca, Colombia—died April 17, 2014, Mexico City, Mexico), Colombian novelist and one of the greatest writers of the 20th century, who was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1982, mostly for his masterpiece Cien años de soledad (1967; One Hundred Years of Solitude)"

Or

"Gabriel García Márquez, the Colombian novelist whose “One Hundred Years of Solitude” established him as a giant of 20th-century literature"

Or

"In 1965, Gabriel García Márquez was a Colombian writer living in Mexico City. He was mostly unknown beyond literary circles in Mexico and Colombia. For almost two decades, he struggled to become a full-time fiction writer. In 1967, the publication of One Hundred Years of Solitude [Cien años de soledad] and its ensuing international success transformed its author into one of the most celebrated writers of the twentieth century. He was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1982".

Obviously he wrote other books, but he is most well known for his one masterpiece as stated above, yes.... not all of them... you stupid plank.....before that one book he was mostly unknown for 2 decades

Deflection..... that's all you ever do.....

Try and act all clever...…  yet dumb as fuck...…

At least you are honest ….. LMFAO

Sep 22, 2020, 13:10

The dull-witted semi-literate fool who'd never heard of Gabriel Garcia Marquez before today lecturing me on my favourite author.

LMAO!

Only Dumbass!

Sep 22, 2020, 14:37

It's a pity all that reading has not inspired you to become a much better person in real life.....

We already know that you are honest... LMFAO.... you know.... you told us all yourself...... in a long drunken drugged up late night post.... boy it was funny.... still is fucking hilarious

All that ugly bitterness that you constantly openly display to all the other posters on this forum.... must come from somewhere...…

It has to be your retched childhood.... and it clearly seems that no amount of reading will ever provide you with the knowledge to just move on or get through it....

Oh well..... at least you are honest..... LMFAO..... you know..... you told us all yourself

Sep 22, 2020, 15:03

So now we have the same weak loser who was accusing others of deflecting, now . . . ummm . . . deflecting.

Why don't you admit you'd never heard of Gabriel Garcia Marquez until today and that you also had no idea he was almost as famous for his novel "Love in the Time of Cholera"? Hmmm? Is that because you're trying to deflect attention away from your loud-mouthed ignorance? Huh Red Adair?

LMAO!

Sep 22, 2020, 15:37

"So now we have the same weak loser who was accusing others of deflecting, now . . . ummm . . . deflecting"

"Why don't you admit you'd never heard of Gabriel Garcia Marquez until today"

When did I say that I had?.... show everyone here.....

I said he was made famous by a book, which is 100% true..... whatever books he wrote after that is immaterial...… for 20 years nobody knew anything at all about the guy, nothing......until he wrote the book that I directly referenced?

More Piss Mint deflection...…. the classic Piss Mint side step

I haven't heard of Kurt Vonnegut either..... or Khaled Hosseini..... why would I ever worry about admitting that?...…...they are not even remotely close to my style of writing that I enjoy..... and if you genuinely do believe that you are better than everyone else because you read these type of books, you are even more fucked up than I thought

Lol, like reading makes you a better person hey Piss Mint..... "Mr Honesty" himself.... LMFAO

I cannot deflect regarding something that I did not say or admit to.... you completely stupid man

You keep reading Piss Mint..... all that reading has done sweet fuck for you because you still seem to be confusing education with intelligence

Sep 22, 2020, 17:14

I sometimes completely underestimate just how pathetically and profoundly stupid our resident Piss Mint is

But don't worry people.... he must be incredibly intelligent, because he reads...….

Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Kurt Vonnegut

Khaled Hosseini

Kazuo Ishiguro

Louis de Bernieres

LMFAO

Sep 22, 2020, 18:07

You've never heard of Kurt Vonnegut?

Ouch!

Sep 22, 2020, 19:07

What? No Golding, Orwell or Marx on that list?

Sep 23, 2020, 00:10

While you are basking in your Gabriel Garcia Marquez snobbery Coward.....remember when you thought he wrote this: ‘those who don’t learn from history are doomed to repeat it’.

Whereas in fact it was was George Santayana and he actually said this:

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"

What a fake!

Sep 23, 2020, 07:16

"What a fake!"

What a a liar!

Come on then Moffie, you weak-arsed liar and stinking coward, show me where I ever attributed that line to Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

I'm calling you out here as a liar and a coward. Prove me wrong. 

I'm betting you'll be too chicken to take me up on this one.

Sep 23, 2020, 16:03

Rooi,

Shall I send a third vehicle for the Che t-shirts and flyers that you've been handing out at traffic lights since 1981?

:D

Sep 23, 2020, 19:09

No, but you can tell your master Moffie to stop being such a gutless coward and admit he's a stinking liar.

Sep 23, 2020, 23:29

Last time I took you up on your substance abuse you disappeared when I proved you admitted  to it....so why should I troll through posts to find your embarrassing GGM attribution? We both know you said it and it’s been raised several times before.

The gutless coward is the lush who can’t get on an aircraft without doping himself.

Sep 24, 2020, 07:55

You proved nothing of the sort you delusional and pompous old windbag. That is just another STINKING LIE.

The reason you can't substantiate your latest STINKING LIE is because it's not true. You're telling yet another STINKING LIE. 

Unlike you, I can substantiate what I'm sayong (because I'm not a STINKING LIAR) . . . Here is me setting you straight the last time when you told a STINKING LIE that I attributed that quote to Friedrich Nietzsche and if you click on that link, apart from turning red with embarrassment, you'll see who I incorrectly attributed that quote to . . . and it wasn't Gabriel Garcia Marquez or Friedrich Nietzsche . . . those are both STINKING LIES.

LMAO!

My advice is to stay down, STINKING LIAR!

Sep 24, 2020, 10:03

Haha Rooi'Guevara

Are you scared of flying? 

"How can a man, fearful of his mortality, lead the revolution?"

Sep 24, 2020, 10:39

Any rugby on yet? :D

Sep 24, 2020, 10:42

Nah, we're still warming up by dropkicking Rooi around the park a bit.

He loves it though <3:angel:

Sep 24, 2020, 16:12

You can ‘substantiate what you are sayong’...hahaha. You absolutely attributed that quote to Marquez....and if what you now appear to have said is different, it’s because you edited your post. 

You lied about your substance abuse and now you want to lie about Marquez because it’s so embarrassing to you.....live with you old Lush.

Sep 24, 2020, 16:23

You can ‘substantiate what you are sayong’...hahaha. But you’re right it was Camus to whom you erroneously attributed the quote in another spasm of snobbery. Point is it wasn’t Nietzsche, Camus or Marquez.....it was Santayana.

In fact as I point out in the hilarious link you so kindly provided Camus’ position was exactly opposite to the quote. Nothing more embarrassing than pretending you are educated and then attributing a quote to a person who never made it.

I forgot is was Camus .....a mistake. But when you said you never admitted your substance abuse, that was a lie. You STINKING LIAR!

Sep 24, 2020, 18:32

"I forgot is was Camus"

Well I reminded you about 5 times so you're either a doddering old fool with the memory of a subnormal goldfish or . . . more likely . . . you're a STINKING LIAR!

Sep 24, 2020, 21:17

Well believe what you wish it’s nothing to me Coward. And just to show you I’m completely unaffected, here’s a list of authors you can read in your journey from a second class BA at Wits or some other local school to being a true intellectual....good luck:

1. William Faulkner: One of the most influential authors to ever come out of the Southern United States, William Faulkner churned out a body of work in the early 20th century that took a few years to find acceptance among a wider audience. Between 1929 and 1936, he released four novels — The Sound and the FuryAs I Lay DyingLight in August, and Absalom, Absalom! — that would define his stream-of-consciousness style and his explorations of morality using characters set in his native Mississippi. He also wrote screenplays for director Howard Hawks, contributing to The Big Sleep and To Have and Have Not, but it was his literary body of that earned him the Nobel Prize in 1949, which brought him a new level of fame. He’s influenced countless writers from the South and across the country.
  2. Gabriel Garcia Marquez: Born in Colombia in 1927, Gabriel Garcia Marquez first made his literary mark as a journalist, during which time he and a few other writers formed the Barranquilla Group to share works and inspire each other. Later venturing into fiction, Garcia Marquez wrote One Hundred Years of Solitude, a dazzling work inspired by his home country and the war he had seen. The book was the author’s first major work to dabble in magical realism, a blending of genres that would color his body of work for decades. He also wrote Love in the Time of Cholera, a non-traditional love story that approaches romance from a unique point of view. His lifelong explorations of relationships and isolation have earned him the Nobel Prize.
  3. Henrik Ibsen: Henrik Ibsen, born in Norway in 1828, is widely regarded as one of the most pivotal figures in modern drama and a founder of the modernist movement in theater. His plays were groundbreaking for the way they frankly addressed social and moral issues of the day with much more directness than Victorian society tended to prefer, turning Ibsen into a sensationalist presence in the theater world. A Doll’s House is perhaps his most famous work from his extensive body of plays, and is memorable for its attack on 19th-century marriage and its anti-feminist trappings. (Like many of the authors on this list, Ibsen’s work became a touchstone for a disenfranchised class of people, in this case, women.) Later works like Hedda Gabler and The Master Builderwent even further, eschewing Victorian commentary altogether to grapple with complex moral issues.
  4. Franz Kafka: How many writers make such an impact that their name becomes an adjective describing works reminiscent of their own style? These days, whenever a story takes a surreal or horrific turn that highlights the unconquerable complexity of a faceless system, it’s called "Kafkaesque." The Trial is a harrowing novel about a man persecuted by an omniscient authority for a crime whose nature is never revealed. The Metamorphosis is a similarly disturbing book in which the narrator awakens to learn he’s turned into a giant bug. Kafka’s stories probe the darker and less traveled areas of the human condition, and though he was only 40 when he died in 1924 (he starved to death when tuberculosis made eating too painful), his works earned him a reputation as one of the most original writers of the 20th century.
  5. William Butler Yeats: The first Irishman to ever win the Nobel Prize for literature, William Yeats was a groundbreaking poet whose work ushered in that portion of the Celtic Revival referred to as the Irish Literary Revival, a movement in the early 20th century which Yeats and other writers brought Irish writing to a wider audience. His use of symbolism within traditional poetic style inspired generations of other writers. His poem "The Second Coming"contains many powerful and now-famous uses of Christian imagery in its social criticism.
  6. Mary Wollstonecraft: The mother of Frankenstein author Mary Shelley was an accomplished writer and public figure long before her daughter’s novel shook the world. Mary Wollstonecraft, born in 1759, was a pioneering force in British feminism and philosophy. Her most famous work is A Vindication of the Rights of Woman, in which she argued that women deserved as much education and as many opportunities as men, and that for society to regard women as ornaments for their husbands instead of companions was to do them a tragic disservice. Published in 1792, just five years before she died, Wollstonecraft’s treatise became a cornerstone in the growing intellectual movement to grant women equal rights with men.
  7. Henry David Thoreau: Without the 19th-century writings and observations of Henry David Thoreau, the 20th century might have gone very differently. His earnest reflections on peace and nature in Walden inspired thousands of naturalists, and his book Civil Disobedience, in which he argues of the necessity of peacefully resisting an immoral government, was a touchstone in the lives of Mahatma Gandhi and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Thoreau was also an ardent abolitionist and leader in the field of transcendentalism, which (basically) taught that a person’s perfect spiritual state was best attained through their own intuition and not through established religions.
  8. Frederick Douglass: Born into slavery before escaping to freedom, Frederick Douglass was a leading light in the abolitionist movement of the 19th century, and his writings allowed him to travel the world and speak on behalf of equality and justice. He wrote three autobiographies tracing his life and journeys, and each of them is a classic: Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American SlaveMy Bondage and My Freedom; and Life and Times of Frederick Douglass.
  9. Upton Sinclair: Upton Sinclair’s work as a journalist and novelist were integral in some of the biggest changes in the fields of industry and public health in the first half of the 20th century. His 1906 novel The Jungle was a peak in the muckraking movement (the journalistic practice of exposing corruption at high levels), and Sinclair spent weeks undercover at a meat-packing plant in Chicago to get the lurid facts for his book. When it hit shelves, people were so distraught by the unhealthy conditions he described that meat sales in the U.S. plummeted. The book’s influence urged the government to play a better role in food safety and led eventually to the passage of the Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906.
  10. Jose Marti: A hero in his native Cuba, Jose Marti is often called the "Apostle of Cuban Independence" for his writings and political work in which he argued for Cuba’s independence from Spain in the 19th century. His writings advocated Cuban sovereignty from all foreign rulers, including the United States. Marti died in action in 1895, three years before Cuba achieved its dream of independence.
  11. Harriet Beecher Stowe: Another fierce abolitionist who railed against slavery, Harriet Beecher Stowe is best known for her novel Uncle Tom’s Cabin, released in 1852. The book detailed the lives of slaves in realistic ways and helped make the issues of inequality understandable and accessible to millions of Americans. How popular was the book? It was the best-selling novel of the 19th century, and the second-best-selling book of the century, period, behind only the Bible. Interestingly, while Stowe intended the title character of Tom to be a noble, Christian slave, various "Tom shows" that took advantage of weak copyright laws sprung up nationwide, and those stage plays often differed drastically from Stowe’s novel and intent. The spread of these shows, as well as the pervasive cultural stereotypes inspired by the book, eventually turned the phrase "Uncle Tom" into a pejorative term aimed at African-Americans perceived as too eager to please white people. Still, there’s no denying Stowe’s tremendous impact.
  12. Charles Darwin: It’s impossible to underestimate the impact or importance of Charles Darwin’s work as a scientist in the 1800s. His theory of evolution and common animal ancestry have polarized readers ever since. He wrote multiple books on the subject, but his best-known is likely 1859’s On the Origin of Species, which laid the foundations for evolutionary biology and changed the world forever. The impact on scientific study and religious doctrine has been massive.
  13. Thomas Aquinas: Saint Thomas Aquinas, who lived from 1225-1274, was a pivotal theological figure whose writings are still read and cherished by worshippers worldwide. He’s revered as one of the greatest philosophers in the history of the Catholic Church, thanks to his Summa Theologica("Summary of Theology") and Summa contra Gentiles. Despite the fact that the Summa Theologica went unfinished, it became a foundational text in theological circles and summed up the Church’s teachings at the time. His works even gave rise to a school of philosophy about them: Thomism.
  14. Thomas Paine: Long before this Founding Father had his works co-opted by cable hosts, he was known for his political writings distributed in the pamphlet Common Sense. He argued strongly for American independence from British rule, and even left England for the Colonies in order to be a part of the burgeoning American Revolution. The pamphlet became a smash success and helped galvanize public opinion behind the Revolution.
  15. Karl Marx: The man whose name is still a lightning rod for passionate argument about the ups and downs of the free market, Karl Marx penned The Communist Manifesto, one of the most powerful and influential political texts in history. He believed that capitalism would eventually crumble from internal tension, leading to a stateless or "pure" communism. Marx wrote the book with Friedrich Engels, with whom he also developed the belief system known as Marxism, the details of which are much better explained here.
  16. Simone de Beauvoir: One of the major female writers of the 20th century and a key player in the century’s feminist movement, French author Simone de Beauvoir broke ground with The Second Sex, an examination of the role women have played in society throughout history. The book attacked men for labeling women as a mysterious "Other," claiming that they used this as an excuse to ignore women and refuse to understand them. The book also did drastic things for the understanding and study of gender roles versus sexuality.
  17. Rene Descartes: "I think, therefore I am." That simple sentence shook the world. Rene Descartes made huge contributions to the fields of mathematics (the Cartesian coordinate system) and philosophy, with his Discourse on the Method containing that famous phrase that crystallized his approach to existence and rationality. Descartes reasoned that the only thing for sure he can know is that he’s a thinking thing, which is the most distilled form and explanation of existence.
  18. Dante Alighieri: This Middle Age poet is known for his Divine Comedy, a sprawling work that includes three volumes and is regarded to be one of the best works in history. The three volumes of the epic poem — InfernoPurgatorio, and Paradisio — chart Dante’s journey through Hell and Purgatory and into Paradise, acting as a parallel of a soul’s journey through the world to reach God. Its power and success helped earn Dante the nickname "The Supreme Poet."
  19. Adam Smith: First published in 1776, Adam Smith’s The Wealth of Nations is a masterwork in economic theory that argues the benefits of a free-market economy. Many of today’s economic theories and arguments can be traced back to Smith’s work. His earlier publication, The Theory of Moral Sentiments, discussed the "invisible hand," the self-regulating aspect of the free market.
  20. Fyodor Dostoyevsky: One of the masters of Russian literature, Fyodor Dostoyevsky used his novels and short stories to profoundly explore human relationships, psychology, and religious beliefs. Crime and Punishment dealt with morality in a frank and moving way, and his final novel, The Brothers Karamazov, was also renowned for its ethical musings on nature, God, and moral choices. His works influenced many other writers, including Ernest Hemingway and James Joyce.
  21. Niccolo Machiavelli: Machiavelli’s most famous work, and the one that would make his name a household phrase, wasn’t published until five years after his death. The Prince was a political treatise about how political power can be obtained and held, often through extreme measures. As a result, the word "Machiavellian" soon entered the lexicon to mean any move or series of actions in which power is acquired at the expense of innocents.
  22. Sigmund Freud: Sigmund Freud’s name is synonymous with mental health. He founded the field of psychoanalysis and gained notoriety for his theories about how sexual desire was the main driver behind human action. He published a multitude of books and papers on psychiatry, including The Interpretation of Dreams and Beyond the Pleasure Principle. His theories revolutionized psychiatry and had a lasting impact on the field.
  23. Carl Jung: Another major player in brain matters, Carl Jung is noted as the founder of analytical psychology. His psychological studies and theories gave rise to a number of concepts still used today, including the use of archetypes to explain behavior and the existence of the collective unconscious. Another popular psychiatric assessment tool, the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, sprang up from Jung’s theories.
  24. Plato: Student of Socrates and mentor to Aristotle, Plato is one of the most influential and important figures in the history of Western philosophy. His writings have been circulated and published worldwide for centuries, and there are 36 dialogues and 13 letters to his name. His Socratic dialogues (in which Socrates plays a major role in the discussion) explore a host of philosophical issues, with The Republic ranking among one of Plato’s best. The dialogue examines the quality of justice in governmental and individual terms, and it remains a cornerstone of political theory to this day.
  25. William Shakespeare: What’s there to say? William Shakespeare is widely and accurately regarded as the best writer in the history of the English language. His stunning body of plays and poems have shaped modern drama in innumerable ways. His comedies were witty and quick, and his dramas — including Hamlet and Macbeth — rank among some of the best works ever produced. He’s a writer who didn’t just change the world; he helped create it.

Sep 25, 2020, 00:28

Wehe . . . the STINKING :LIAR was too dumb to pick up that Marquez was in fact on his list!

LMAO!

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

Sep 25, 2020, 03:26

Not at all Stinking Lying Coward, I scanned the list and Marquez is a good read....the fact that you think reading him makes you an ‘intellectual’ doesn’t change that. But perhaps on reflection this group suits you better:

work!

Sep 25, 2020, 07:27

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha!

Is that the best that the foot-shooting egg-faced STINKING LIAR can come back with?

Ssschplott!

Oh and just by the way, STINKING LIAR, I didn't say anything at all about being an intellectual. Your Alpha Gimp DumbPlum suggested that I had truckloads of "commie literature" so I mentioned a few of my recent reads and asked if they constituted "commie literature". Then your Servile Gimp Dumbass - the same illiterate moron who's never heard of people like Kurt Vonnegut or Khaled Hosseini but who decides to enter a discussion about literature anyway - so Dumbass lists the authors I mentioned (repeatedly and in a state of trembling excitement) and starts banging on about how I'm trying to sound intelligent. I claimed nothing of the sort and I still don't think reading good books like The Kite Runner, Captain Corelli's Mandolin or Remains of the Day makes me or anyone who's read them any kind of intellectual.

Don't take my word for it, STINKING LIAR, it's all on the thread above. Just scroll up and re-read it.

Now, on the other hand and in stark contrast, Googling a list of supposed intellectual authors and putting it up as a "journey" to becoming a "true intellectual" . . . well now, there's intellectual snobbery for you . . . ironically from a small-minded and poorly-educated half-wit who's never heard of half of the authors on his list, let alone read them.

LMAO!

Sep 25, 2020, 07:50

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha

Sep 25, 2020, 07:56

Rooi, 

Admit it - seeing Marx in that list gave you a semi.

Sep 25, 2020, 08:21

:D:devil:

Sep 25, 2020, 08:23

"I still don't think reading good books like The Kite Runner, Captain Corelli's Mandolin or Remains of the Day makes me or anyone who's read them any kind of intellectual."

No, according to you, if they have not read them or know of them, they are just illiterate.. not so?

"the same illiterate moron who's never heard of people like Kurt Vonnegut or Khaled Hosseini"

LMFAO......it really didn't take you very long at all Piss Mint

You are so very predictable Piss Mint..... I know that your your ego knows no bounds...…and you are also incredibly fucking stupid......…. you see......this was precisely why I openly admitted that I did not know who these authors were... the bait was set......and boy did you take it...…... you immediately pounced, to try and show how you were so much better than anyone else who had not read these books

What a classic hook - line - sinker...….

With ego driven twats like you, this is incredibly easy to do

ROTFLMFAO

Sep 25, 2020, 08:44

"No, according to you, if they have not read them or know of them, they are just illiterate.. not so?"

Actually, I chose three books from those authors that were also made into famous movies. Maybe literature is not the only gaping hole in your general knowledge?

LMAO!

Hook . . . line . . . sinker . . . rod . . . fisherman . . . jetty . . . beach . . . seaboard . . .

Sep 25, 2020, 09:37

"Hook . . . line . . . sinker . . . rod . . . fisherman . . . jetty . . . beach . . . seaboard . ."

Rooi's way of saying that you're a big fish, DA...

He often hands out unintended compliments. 

I mean these are Godzilla type sizes.

Sep 25, 2020, 12:59

LMFAO

His ego knows no bounds...….. he did precisely and exactly what I expected and predicted..... just far …...far quicker

What a classic ego trip from our resident Piss Mint

Sep 25, 2020, 13:01

"Hook . . . line . . . sinker . . . rod . . . fisherman . . . jetty . . . beach . . . seaboard . . ."

LMFAO

The last time you said this to me, you had added the boat in as well...… only to get comprehensively and utterly embarrassed when I set the record straight for you..... and you looked like the big eyed twat that we all already know you to be

Just like here now, as well as back then...… you made a total and complete idiot of yourself in front of everyone on this forum

Too fucking funny dude

Sep 25, 2020, 14:53

"Rooi's way of saying that you're a big fish, DA...

He often hands out unintended compliments. 

I mean these are Godzilla type sizes"

They sure are Plum

You should have seen this Twat when he also thought he had me before...… the embarrassment that followed is actually quite legendary...… it was so fucking funny

In actual fact it was this exact phrase that you see below, last time, which completely sank the man.... and he ran away from the thread like the coward he has always been

"Hook, line, sinker, rod, fisherman, jetty, beach and a large portion of the seaboard!"

Sep 25, 2020, 16:02

I just looked at the link again and this comment pretty much sums up    Peeper’s hilarious blunder in attributing  the famous history learning quote to Camus. 

But as you so kindly remind me you confused Santayana born in 1863 with Camus born in 1913.  But here's the really funny thing, Camus was opposed to drawing conclusions from history:

Free first page

Sep 25, 2020, 16:03

Was a snob ever better exposed....wrong quote, wrong author, wrong beliefs, wrong decade!

Sep 25, 2020, 23:40

Ai tog ou Rooies

Have a lekker weekend you grumpy so and so.

Sep 28, 2020, 12:11

"Hook, line, sinker, rod, fisherman, jetty, beach and a large portion of the seaboard!"

Seldom has this board seen the massive amount of egg that was involved in this Piss Mint blunder here... of epic proportions...… it is truly one of the classics on this forum

Too fucking funny

You need to Log in to reply.