Use of coal way up

Forum » Beenos Trumpet » Use of coal way up

Dec 18, 2021, 18:01

The use of coal is up 9% globally this year despite half hearted efforts to curb it’s use. China and India are the culprits and of course recovery from virus shut downs. Pushing much of our power generation in the direction of electricity is just going to strengthen the trend.

If you switch a car from ICE power to electricity in the world’s two most populous countries, India and China,  all you are likely doing is running that car on coal vs petrol. 

Dec 18, 2021, 18:59

Mozart

China is building 56 new coal fire electric generation  plants with Australia and SA providing the coal.   

Dec 18, 2021, 19:19

It's OK if China does it...go ask Brandon.

Dec 18, 2021, 20:09

Good one DbD.

What will the world do about these Chinese coal powered generation plants?

NOTHING.

But they will continue to buy Chinese goods and in that way FUEL THE FIRE.

But the Demorats and the Liberals world wide are to stupid to understand the problem but are quick to blame the western world for GLOBAL WARMING.

Talibiden's all of them.

Dec 18, 2021, 21:29

Global Warming/ Climate Change is only a threat as long as they can tax the hell outa us.

Dec 19, 2021, 17:43

In Canada we pay 8 cents /liter Green Gas Tax over and above what the government already grabs which is 5% on the purchase.

Thanks to Tradeau this Green tax increases every year except election year....wonder why.

Filled up yesterday and paid C$ 1.74/liter including the tax.

Scam?

You bet.

Dec 19, 2021, 20:46

Of course coal use is up.

Just ask the Germans what happens when your politicians and their legislation overshoot what is actually technically possible.

Was talking to libtard recently that claimed meat should be banned.

I asked her what would replace chicken as a source of protein in Africa.

I may have turned the knife a little by adding that vegetarian burgers aren’t that affordable for most Africans.

She was also all about wind turbines. I may have asked her if she knew how un-vegan wind turbines are on account of how many bird and bat species are shredded by them.

Nuclear is obviously the answer. Problem is, it’s pretty cheap and not nearly as taxable.

Dec 19, 2021, 22:08

Electric cars and nuclear makes some sense for city pollution, even if you are not persuaded by global warming . But finding enough lithium is going to be the next crisis….buy Albemarle.

Dec 20, 2021, 10:40

I think nuclear is the way. Why not power cities with it?

Perhaps, taking fault lines etc into account might be a good idea this time when it comes to plant placement :)

About a year ago I saw that new power lines with only a fraction of the resistance are in development too - allowing for a lot more flexibility in grid design and cutting transport loss down to fractions of a %.

To my mind, hydrogen engines are a clearer path than batteries.

For home heating, ground source pumps are a fantastic solution. Problem is, most of the profits are made during installation.

Dec 20, 2021, 13:45

If interested in the topic of energy storage, I’d recommend checking out gravity battery towers.

Simple, clever and cheap technology that is one of the best solutions I’ve seen for plugging into solar systems.

You need to Log in to reply.