Valentines Day record shattered.

Forum » Beenos Trumpet » Valentines Day record shattered.

Feb 16, 2021, 21:32

Hearts were warm this Valentine's Day, but the same couldn't be said for Chicago's weather.

As if the past several days of brutal cold and extreme temperatures weren't enough, Sunday set a record for the unprecedented cold, according to NBC 5 Storm Team meteorologists. 

The high temperature was just 4 degrees, breaking the previous record of 8 degrees, which was set in 1943.

Geez just imagine how cold it would have been if not for global warming......hahaha. Talk about the Valentine’s Day massacre!

Feb 16, 2021, 22:33

When was the hottest day ever in Chicago? Why in 1934....most of the central US  had it’s  hottest day in 1934 or 1954. Long before CO2 increased.

Now imagine what the warming groupies would say if we suddenly registered a 108 degree day, four degrees above the record.....the hot equivalent aberration of the Valentine’s  day freeze.

They would be all over that, telling us hundreds died and all is doomed. But did we hear much about this astonishing cold record...nope it was conveniently suppressed.

Feb 17, 2021, 00:06

The assumption is that if climate change is happening, it will create more extreme weather, both hot and cold. A less stable environment, and not the ideal conditions for life on earth. 

2 years ago, the UK had some February days that were 23 degrees in mid-winter.
Something like 7 degrees hotter than the last previous February hottest day since records began. 
Then this year the UK just had its coldest February week since records began. 

Some of the warmest tropical areas on earth, have extreme storms worse than many of the coldest places. So warm weather does not mean that more cold weather cant happen. 
More extreme fluctuation of weather would be expected. 

If you are using current temperature as a yardstick for proving or disproving climate change, then you do need to acknowledge extreme warm weather - like when the UK had mid-winter days of 23 degrees, when the average temperature at this time of the year is about 8 degrees. 
Otherwise, a cold-weather day is anecdotal. 

Feb 17, 2021, 01:58

"When was the hottest day ever in Chicago? Why in 1934....most of the central US  had it’s  hottest day in 1934 or 1954. Long before CO2 increased."

Irrelevant. Chicago is not the world, and global temperatures are being monitored and they are showing a warming planet, this is irrefutable. The 10 hottest years on record have occurred in the last 12 years. 

The warming period in the early to mid 20th century that you keep banging on about have been accounted for  primarily by other factors such as increased solar activity and a decrease in volcanic activity, as well as other smaller contributing factors like greenhouse gasses and changes in sea current. The primary factors that naturally contributed to that warming period however are not currently occurring so can't be responsible for the current warming.

Feb 17, 2021, 18:42

Actually I’m just recording extreme cold temperatures, because you warming types bang on when heat records are broken. Your supporters do this all the time in lurid headlines.

And anybody with half a brain knows when global warming is supposed to be 1.2 degrees.....4 degrees is not warming, it’s variation. But that also applies to heat waves, wildfires and all the other phenomena that occupy Warming Inquisitors.

Man made  increases in atmospheric carbon is one of several possible contributors to the 0.7 degree increase since the fifties....and until the models work properly, we won’t know if it’s even the most significant.

In the meantime we continue to set record cold readings in spite of the best efforts of the measurement cheats.

Feb 18, 2021, 19:23

Mozart

You may know but the temperatures in the Southern  Cape in January varies between 27 C   and 36 C.    This  January we had a day or two where the temperature was down to  17 C   - for the rest the variation was between 24 C to 32 C,,    

That is why I do not always trust the idea that there is global warming as a problem.    Maybe it is my distrust  of Government interventions where tax money is made available in floods and  wasted in the process,    I do not trust government to be efficient and that applies to all countries,    Once Governments get involved in this type of thing   it leads to real abuse of finances and  taxpayer abuse becomes the norm.    

The norm in such cases is the people gets poorer and the politicos and their pals richer.                

Feb 18, 2021, 20:51

Maaik, this is the third cool summer in Cape Town, and I  can't recall when last we had a proper thunderstorm in CT December...1999 to the best of my knowledge...I might be wrong, but the weather is a bit off as of late...we all know it shouldn't stay exactly the same every year.

Feb 18, 2021, 21:59

A thousand people could eat artificial protein not real meat, as Bill Gates wants us to do, and not cover the’ excess carbon’ generated in one of his flights.

Hypocrites!

Feb 19, 2021, 07:20

Uh-oh, sounds like Moffie's been reading Cliff Harris and Randy Mann again.

If anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about, read this old thread where Moffie's sources on climate change were hilariously exposed.

LMAO!

Now that was another board classic! 

"Don't believe these studies without doing your homework is my advice" said the pompous and patronising old fool who made such a dick of himself because . . . ummmm . . . he didn't do his homework!

A true classic!

Feb 19, 2021, 07:46

And as usual, Rooi has zero interest in discussing or debating anything.

Just here to fling some insults.

Isn't there a saying about people that prefer to discuss people rather than ideas?

Your quickly becoming a bore, Rooi.

Pull your socks up.

Feb 19, 2021, 08:28

And here's the Servile Gimp, horrified that his Master has again been exposed as an opinionated idiot and trying to do some damage control.

Pointing out the other person's laughably ignorant poor record and lack of credibility on the subject is perfectly valid and something you happily do all the time, ButtPlug . . . but when it's your Master getting humiliated then suddenly it's not okay and you get all tearful.

Typical double standards from a weak, narrow-minded and attention-seeking suck-up.

Feb 19, 2021, 11:05

If you say so...tit.

Feb 19, 2021, 12:23

ButtPlug, I don't care what names you call me but do note that the name "Tit" has been reserved for the dull-witted clown who actually registered with the name "General Tit" on this very board.

Feb 20, 2021, 03:24

Er just because you don’t like a source doesn’t mean you have won an argument. Engage on the facts, pick one and let’s see if you can defend your views. 

Feb 20, 2021, 09:53

"Er just because you don’t like a source doesn’t mean you have won an argument. "

Lol...yet it's a common practice in these spats.

Feb 20, 2021, 12:40

Moffie, I'm not having an argument with you. Your childish and cowardly behaviour over the years has rendered debate with you meaningless.

No, I'm just having a laugh at the pompous old fool who quoted two discredited charlatans and still advised other posters to do their homework.

LMAO!

Feb 20, 2021, 20:46

"Your childish and cowardly behaviour over the years has rendered debate with you meaningless."

Debate, lol, you only know how to chuck sh!t

Feb 21, 2021, 23:08

Pretty much....the Insulter in Chief....otherwise an empty suit.

Feb 26, 2021, 10:44

Plum I see you have poor redstink nicely summed up. 

I still want to know from these buffoons how Co2 both warms the planet and cools the planet. 

Also how did the Universe create itself from nothing. 

These nutjobs lack any ability to reason.  They are merely sponges sucking up whatever is given to them. Walking Zombies. 

You need to Log in to reply.