Was Horus version 1.0 of Jesus?

Forum » Beenos Trumpet » Was Horus version 1.0 of Jesus?

Aug 04, 2022, 22:45

The son of Isis...

https://coldcasechristianity.com/writings/is-jesus-simply-a-retelling-of-the-horus-myth/

Aug 05, 2022, 04:20

Interesting things you read...

Aug 05, 2022, 09:12

VisKop asks the question…

…but failed to read the end of the article where the claims of similarities between Horus and Jesus are debunked.

Visser, the only real link is what happens with the stars in the NH from the 22-25 December. The period after which days become longer and the summer cycle begins.

…and on the 24th December, Orion’s Belt (also called Three Kings) lines up with Sirius(brightest star in her sky) so that when you draw a line through them, it points directly to where the sun rises on the 25th.

So…on the evening of the 24th December, the Three Kings follow the brightest star in the sky to the birthplace of the Light Of The World.

Aug 05, 2022, 10:59

I did read the end of the article ButtPlug. However, I don't think his "opinions" to debunk Horus or prove Jesus would in any way be considered facts. 

As far as I am concerned both Horus and Jesus are made-up stories that are not based on reality. 

Aug 05, 2022, 19:45

Bark fucked up yet again because he doesn't know what he is talking about. What happened chump? Get sick, have an accident, someone did something mean, got fired? You are so figured out it's fucking unreal. Well, first thing's first Horus goes back to Babylon... Horus, Tammuz.. there are many names. Basically, the sun deity reborn. But what does Horus being reborn mean? Osiris the the chief god who is killed, rules the underworld and Horus rules as his representative on earth? Sound familiar? This is the pope. Yep... Babylonian Catholicism. The concepts of spirit, soul, rebirth are totally fucking different. It's so simple... if you want to actually fucking learn something... but for the Barks of the world learning is like a dog snarling being dragged around like a rock to the final destination. Good. Fucking. Luck. You'll need it!

Aug 06, 2022, 10:45

another example of old SissieVissie running tits first off of a cliff.

1) He posts an article exploring the link between Horus and Jesus.

2) I point out that the article concludes by asserting that there are fewer links between Horus and Jesus than claimed.

VisKop’s genius response;

“I did read the end of the article ButtPlug. However, I don't think his "opinions" to debunk Horus or prove Jesus would in any way be considered facts.”

Wait, don’t you always claim that religious people cherry pick?

So if you weren’t cherry picking here…then what exactly were you doing? Just being the regular dumbo that we all know?

VisKop, be honest…how much hydration do you lose through drool daily?

Aug 06, 2022, 10:56

ButtPlug, you are a religious person that pretends to not be religious. Older people at least admit they are religious. 

The author acts objective talking about proof to disprove Horus, but he does not need to prove his own beliefs that Jesus is real. Just like you the pseudo-intellectual sesquipedalianist...

Aug 06, 2022, 11:19

You aping Rudeneck is getting outa hand.

Aug 06, 2022, 12:09

If calling out your stupidity make me religious…then i’m basically the Pope, VisKop.

Aug 06, 2022, 12:30

The Messiah was not born on the 25th December..the date is not recorded in the scriptures and it is unlikely that shepherds would have been in the fields in Bethlehem at that time of the year watching over their sheep. In fact birthdays were not recorded and not celebrated no where in the scriptures.

The in the Roman Calendar, December 25 was the pagan festival of Sol Invictus, who was considered to be the official sun god of the later Roman Empire. The day was also celebrated as the winter solstice

In the true Christian context the day is not to be worshipped. It's the actual event and what it's purpose and significance is.

The false doctrines were introduced by the RC church.

Man has tendencies to take and do things out of context for false vanities.

Aug 06, 2022, 14:31

Some people think that Christianity came from people taking shrooms.

Odd idea, but the self-reflection accompanying an average mushroom trip does lend itself to ideas like forgiveness and humility…

If being non-religious means that society is 10% less forgiving, honest, humble, kind…well it makes no sense rail against religion like Visser does.

Aug 06, 2022, 15:38

Plum, if there's no "Higher Purpose" or "Karma" or whatever and everything evolved from random chaos, then there is no good reason to be selfless...every man for himself with no compassion for anyone...

Aug 06, 2022, 16:31

@ButtPlug - again if you thought scientifically, you would take a larger sample (or data of statical significance) to make a comparison of religious vs non-religious- instead of generalising using 1 person...

Also compare similar variables - also known as apples with apples (E.g. Religious Westerners vs non-religious Westerners). 

Many scientists, especially physicists are anti-theists -and they don't seem like bad people - at least on average with the overall population. 

Have you ever heard of Carl Sagan?

Aug 06, 2022, 16:35

@Draad, so if it was proven "a God" does not exist, you would not bother being a decent person?

You often confuse your beliefs with facts. 
If you personify God and the Devil as good and evil, you will always associate these two extremes with divinity. Yet, many people do not believe in religion (man-made deity) - but have values within them.
They don't have to look outside themselves or use an afterlife as a carrot to direct their behaviour.

If you can't understand something, you just attribute it to a deity. You fear gaps, so you would rather believe in something that is unproven, than try work it out yourself. 

If you were not exposed to religion as a young person, and only heard about it as an adult, it is unlikely you would be religious.  

Even animals have shown basic goodwill like looking after their offspring, or sometimes even protecting the young of other species. 

Aug 07, 2022, 16:28

Drad care to name one society that overall does not show compassion for their fellow man, doesn't it strike you that even societies that follow completely different gods or have never heard of your version of a God all show common morals such as object to murder, pedos etc

And have done for as long as man has been around.

This shit that man would be selfish murdering pricks without a God is beyond belief. I have no God and surprise surprise I have never murdered or raped anyone and have no desire to.

All I can say is I hope you never lose your religion for humanities sake

Aug 07, 2022, 17:50

I can understand the dilemma that atheists justify the absence of a deity on basically a few reasons.

1) You cannot believe in a loving and caring God without believing that Satan exists. The scriptures tell us that Satan has certain characteristics, he is the father of all lies, a clever and powerful deceiver, manipulator, he is powerful, he is actually appealing and in has a mission...to blind people from the truth.

2) That God created us with a free will. We chose our destiny. We are not robots. The gift of free will is huge...we choose between life and death activities. What a man sows he simply reaps, ie if he sows bad seeds he gets a bad crop. If you sow hatred you get hatred and so on.

3) They look to mankind and his religion and it's hypocrisies and error and faults instead of looking at Christ...all men are imperfect and sinners including christians and all need to find redemption by grace and not of works.

4) There is authentic Christianity and false Christianity... this an area that causes most confusion...there is plenty of that and yes it's very off-putting.

Aug 07, 2022, 18:11

Nothing points to Christianity being the true religion, in fact there is so much wrong with it that it can't be true.

And why do people try and say that your God is a loving God, he is more evil than Satan yet we are supposed to believe he is good and just?

According to christianity I'm doomed to an eternity in hell simply because I don't  believe is something that has never shown itself and the so called book that is supposed to be his word is just full of crap.

If your God is good he would judge people on their acts not if they can't swallow the unbelievable 

Your God sends people to be tortured for eternity (think about what eternity means) According to you lot I will stand before God and be consigned to hell simply for not believing yetthe mass murderer Darma will enjoy heaven simply because he converted to you religion. Not to mention Hitler as well as he was a believer.

If I do stand before your God and he sends me there then that is his choice and there is nothing I can do about it but I will go knowing I am more moral and a better being than him

Aug 07, 2022, 19:13

Hitler most certainly was not a converted follower of Christ...that's a lie.

Hitler hated the Jews, Christ Jesus was a Jew...in fact Hitler was demon-possessed and satanic.

Belonging to a church or domination or religion does not make a true believer in the true Saviour unless you repent of your ways and turn and acknowledge Him dying in your place for your sins, it's a gift and it changes you if you can believe this.

Read the New Testament first. That is the Good News.No it's not fictitious nonsense, that's a lie too.

Aug 07, 2022, 19:39

He didn't die, he took 2 days off then went to heaven, not much of a sacrifice if you ask me

Aug 07, 2022, 19:49

And I have nothing to repent for, ask my kids hell even ask my ex wife she would even vouch for me.

As far as I can see I have nothing to fear and no mythical being to grovel at one's feet when I face oblivion.

Nothing in the goat herders guide to the galaxy points to a god, infact I am certain that if there is a so called God it will be nothing like the evil bastard portrayed in the bible

Aug 07, 2022, 19:49

If someone believed in Horus or if they believed in Jesus or if they believed in Gandalf returning from death in Lord of the Rings - what is the difference?
The principle or values are true, even if the stories are fiction.

That is the danger of religion, it is like the original form of racism.
As if only the "believers" are special people who can understand these values. They are more "human" because they are "a God's" chosen people.

Only they would have an afterlife, while everyone else- and other life on earth would either have no afterlife or be sent to hell.

Yet animals have shown compassion and characteristics that religious people would associate with deity. 

Why would a human go to heaven, but animals not? 
If humans went to heaven because they were intelligent life, and a chimpanzee did not - what about if an alien was relatively smarter than humans compared to Chimpanzees? 

Hitler may not have been religious, just like Trump is not religious - but they are both happy to play on religion to get followers. The religious are more likely to follow an authoritarian leader than a free-minded liberal. One Truth, an absolute truth, one ring to rule them all...

Aug 08, 2022, 00:42

Sader...if you were blind and couldn't see the sun, and refused to believe in it's existence, you would still benefit from it's heat.

"@Draad, so if it was proven "a God" does not exist, you would not bother being a decent person?"

It's not a choice...we have a conscience which compels us to do the right thing...I attribute it to God...the Force...the Order opposed to the Chaos. The Kinderbybel-duiwel and the Old grey man on the cloud god does not exist...things are infinitely more complex than that.

Aug 08, 2022, 01:08

@Draad, by your definition, if someone was a good person - they are accepting God regardless of whether they believe in "a God" ( and would go to heaven etc, etc). 

A bit like the parable of the good Samaritan which states that someone's choice of religion is irrelevant, or if they are even religious or not.

That is more spiritual than religious...Like the God of Spinoza (The atheist God)

As a belief, it is more acceptable to an atheist, or anti-theist than a Bible basher like Beeno telling people that do not share his religion will go to hell.
For non-religious people, the religious seem to lack both logical and emotional intelligence.

Monolithic religions (e.g. Muslim, Christianity, Judaism) do not seem Democratically minded and are closer to authoritarianism, or even Nazism. 
It does not help that their churches sell the afterlife like an insurance policy that only they can offer. It is more valuable if it is exclusive. 

Aug 08, 2022, 01:25

Nice analogy Draad but as far as the sun goes I can feel its affects  when it is present, I feel absolutely nothing from some mystical being that has never presented itself..

I have a conscience  which i attribute to evolution and the need to be a social species which was key to our survival and still is.

Things are as simple as that, nothing more complex is required

Aug 08, 2022, 12:27

I'm not trying to convince anyone...I don't pretend to have all the answers.

"I can feel its affects  when it is present, I feel absolutely nothing from some mystical being that has never presented itself.."

Can't blame you...it is subtle for the untrained eye...it's a life long journey, but if you start "listening", it's there.

Aug 08, 2022, 14:34

Been listening and looking for nearly 60 years, and the older I get the more convinced that there is nothing there.

Care to let me know what I should be looking out for with my untrained eye?

Aug 09, 2022, 09:17

Miracles happen regularly...there is no such thing as luck or chance...but there's no hard evidence, that's just the way it is...but circumstantial evidence is still acceptable these days,  even in court rooms....

I don't want to live in the world without purpose...

Aug 09, 2022, 18:04

The day they scientifically prove a miracle (and I mean a miracle not just a rare or unusual event) I will take another look.

And exactly what is the purpose that you think your God gives you.

I have purpose in my life and thats for me and my family to be happy and have a great life. All the purpose a person needs as far as I am concerned.

If you lost your religion (just saying it does happen to a lot of religious people) you don't think you could have or find a purpose in life at all?

You need to Log in to reply.