Web 3.0, Open AI (ChatGPT)

Forum » Beenos Trumpet » Web 3.0, Open AI (ChatGPT)

Dec 26, 2022, 19:19

We are about to move into a new era of the internet using Web 3.0 with blockchain to take back control from the likes of Google. 
It will stop the centralisation of data (reverse Democratisation) and therefore give back ownership to the publisher and user, instead of being sold by a few third-party companies in Web 2.0.

This is coupled with the astronomical improvements in AI, particularly by a company called Open AI. 
They just launched a product about 4 weeks ago that is the fastest product ever to get over 1 million users. https://chat.openai.com/chat

The potential of CHAT AI is endless from new search engines to automatic programming, image design, copywriting, and anything and everything built upon AI platforms. 

AI will also mean it will be less important to learn lots of different applications (e.g. Photoshop) to complete tasks. The AI will negate the need to learn a myriad of complex user interfaces to do stuff.

I have already been using AI to rewrite content, regenerate client communications etc- and the results are better than most professional writers. 

AI has finally come of age, and is available for everyone to start using. It should be good for Democracy and capitalism with more competition. RIP Web 2.0, thank goodness. Third-party cookies will start to be fazed out very quickly. 

Dec 26, 2022, 21:45

Nice post, VisKop.

Machine learning and blockchain are 100% the future.

Thank heavens we’re still young enough that we’ll see how it all progresses. Ten years from now, i feel like things are going to be very different.

Dec 26, 2022, 22:29

Be afraid, be very afraid!:D...everytime there's "improvement"  we become aware of the unintended negatives after the fact...if something seems to be too good to be true...

Dec 27, 2022, 04:37

One of the few occasions I have learned something new about business on this site. So I looked up  Open AI:

Three sources briefed on OpenAI's recent pitch to investors said the organization expects $200 million in revenue next year and $1 billion by 2024.

The forecast, first reported by Reuters, represents how some in Silicon Valley are betting the underlying technology will go far beyond splashy and sometimes flawed public demos.

OpenAI was most recently valued at $20 billion in a secondary share sale, one of the sources said. The startup has already inspired rivals and companies building applications atop its generative AI software, which includes the image maker DALL-E 2. OpenAI charges developers licensing its technology about a penny or a little more to generate 20,000 words of text, and about 2 cents to create an image from a written prompt, according to its website.

That values the business at 100 times sales….about as rich as it gets. And if they have $1billion in revenue in 2024, Google’s revenue is projected at $81 billion.

You have to figure Google has a few resource advantages. Still it’s an interesting development.

Dec 27, 2022, 11:40

"One of the few occasions I have learned something new about business on this site."

What a pompous and attention-seeking statement!

Then he does a Google search and pretends he's an expert. 

LMAO!

Thanks for the link Sharkbok. I've registered and am playing around with it. Early days but I can see how it could become a game changer. 

Dec 27, 2022, 15:15

Rooi chipping in...

Dec 27, 2022, 19:39

Rooi, get it write us a Ruckersbot.

Dec 28, 2022, 03:40

Peeper is ‘playing around with it’….exciting stuff. And then he ‘can see’ how it could become a game changer….it’s enough to give one the chills. Wall Street is uncertain, but Peeper is an expert and he ‘can see’. This from a moron who has no idea what a price/earnings ratio is. Hahahaha!

Dec 28, 2022, 09:29

I asked open AI to list 10 conspiracy theories that turned out to be true…

The Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment: This was a clinical study conducted by the U.S. Public Health Service from 1932 to 1972, in which poor African American men with syphilis were intentionally left untreated, even after penicillin became available as a cure.

Operation Northwoods: This was a proposed plan by the U.S. government in the 1960s to stage fake terrorist attacks in order to justify a military invasion of Cuba.

COINTELPRO: This was a secret and illegal program run by the FBI from 1956 to 1971, which aimed to infiltrate, discredit, and disrupt civil rights and anti-war groups.

MKUltra: This was a CIA-run program from the 1950s to the 1970s that involved the use of mind-control techniques, including the administration of psychoactive drugs, on unwitting subjects.

The Iran-Contra Affair: This was a political scandal in the 1980s in which it was revealed that the U.S. government had secretly sold arms to Iran and used the proceeds to fund anti-Sandinista rebels in Nicaragua, in violation of U.S. law.

The Pentagon Papers: This was a classified report on U.S. involvement in the Vietnam War that was leaked to the press in 1971, revealing that the U.S. government had lied to the public about the progress and nature of the war.

The Watergate Scandal: This was a political scandal in the 1970s that led to the resignation of U.S. President Richard Nixon, after it was revealed that he and his administration had been involved in the break-in and cover-up of the Democratic National Committee's headquarters.

The CIA's involvement in the 1953 Iranian Coup: This was a covert operation by the CIA to overthrow the government of Iran and install a pro-Western leader.

The Gulf of Tonkin Incident: This was a disputed military engagement between the U.S. and North Vietnam in 1964, which was used as justification for the escalation of the Vietnam War.

The Mariana Islands Leper Colony: This was a colony established by the U.S. government in the late 19th century to forcibly relocate leprosy patients from the mainland United States to the Mariana Islands, where they were subjected to forced labor and isolation.

Dec 28, 2022, 09:34

i then asked Open AI to analyse the mindset of the person that made this statement:

““One of the few occasions I have learned something new about business on this site."

What a pompous and attention-seeking statement!

Then he does a Google search and pretends he's an expert.

LMAO!”

here is its opinion…

“Based on the statement provided, it appears that the person who made the statement on the forum may have a mindset that is critical and dismissive of others. The use of phrases such as "pompous" and "attention-seeking" suggests a negative view of the person who made the original statement, and the suggestion that they did a Google search and pretended to be an expert suggests a lack of trust or skepticism towards their knowledge or expertise. Additionally, the use of the phrase "LMAO" (laughing my ass off) indicates that the person found the situation to be humorous or amusing. Overall, the mindset of the person who made this statement seems to be one of cynicism and mistrust towards others.”

Dec 28, 2022, 13:43

"Overall, the mindset of the person who made this statement seems to be one of cynicism and mistrust towards others.”

I'm a cynic too, but Rooi's distrust comes from his own deceptive nature...soek ander agter die deur waaragter hy self stasn.

You need to Log in to reply.