You need to LOG IN to reply.

-Protea Squad for the Remaining three ODI's against Pakistan

Forum » Cricket » -Protea Squad for the Remaining three ODI's against Pakistan

Jan 23, 2019, 20:17

The squad is as follows:-

Faf du Plessis (Titans, captain), Hashim Amla (Cape Cobras), Quinton de Kock (Titans), Beuran Hendricks (Highveld Lions), Reeza Hendricks (Highveld Lions), Imran Tahir (Dolphins), Aiden Markram (Titans), David Miller (Dolphins), Andile Phehlukwayo (Dolphins), Dwaine Pretorius (Highveld Lions), Kagiso Rabada (Highveld Lions), Tabraiz Shamsi (Titans), Dale Steyn (Titans), Rassie van der Dussen (Highveld Lions)

Three players were dropped from the squad - with good reason I may add in the case of 2 of those.   The two bad apples were Klaasen and Patterson - the third player dropped was Duanne Viljoen.   I would rather see the latter remaining in the squad.

Why they persist with Hendriks and Amla only the selectors would know.   Amla was from a Strike rate point of view deficient in the first ODI and failed badly in the second one.    Hedricks was  so-so in the first game and a complete failure in the second one.  

I assume the batting line-up will be as follows:-

1    De Kock

2    Amla

3    Van der Dussen

4    Markram

5    Du Plessis

6    Miller

The game on Friday will be played - but the weather forecast for the  one on Sunday is extremely poor  - with heavy rains for the Johannesburg area forecasted for Saturday and Sunday.         

You need to Log in to reply.