1 Day Game between the Dolphins and the Titans

Forum » Cricket » 1 Day Game between the Dolphins and the Titans

Jan 09, 2021, 20:13

Having nothing much of interest to watch on TV today I watched the Momentum 1 Day Cup match today,

Of the players you mentioned M Ackerman and Roelofsen, as well as De Swardt and  Andile played for the Dolphins so I would give you a rundown of what happened,:-

M Ackerman

He opened the battings for the Dolphins.   The game was played in Potchefstroom - where the pitch make batting difficult.  Ackerman has the right technique and is an elegant batter,   However, he only made 18 runs and was caught trying to accelerate the batting,   He looked a dangerous customer.

Roelofsen

How this guy is not in the ODI squad is amazing.   He played in the Momentum Cup competition  last year and in 10 matches made 588 runs in 10 matches for an average of 58.8 runs per innings,   He cnseuiently was the Isay Player of the Year ln 2020,

He opened the batting with Ackerman  - but went on to make 65 runs at an average of just short of 6 per over,   Despite the rather difficult pitch he scored runs freely and his technique is sound,   Really a star already, 

Andile

The Dolphins batted first and when Andile came in he like other players struggled to get going 0 after acing 18 balls he had 5 runs - but then he found his feet and started batting very well at a fast run rate and ended up making 52 runs 0 the third highest number of runs of any batsmen in the game.

After bowling 2 overs and three balls in which he went for 20 runs without taking a wicket he left the field for treatment - but came back later and bowled another 5 overs,   In his second session he took no wickets 0 but was much more economical.  Did not seem to me that it was a serious omjury he was treated for,

De Swardt

Like  Ackerman he struggled in the batting component and made only 8 runs,  However when Andile left the field the over he started was completed by De Swardt.   Ge bowled 7 further overs and ended up with the best bowling figures on the day - taking three wickets while bowling.   Look like another good prospect to me.

Miller also played for the Dolphins but was out for a duck,  He took to catches though,  

The Dolphins beat the Titans by a mile.

Jan 09, 2021, 20:37

Cool thanks Mike

Jan 10, 2021, 21:05

Dave 

I am posting a daily update on the matches and deal specifically with the younger players that can compete for national selection.  - initially in the shorter versions of the gamem but later on in the test side,  

You obviously do not know that Elgar last year in the competition in ten games scored nearly 200  runs less than  Grant Roelofsen,       

You need to Log in to reply.