Aiden Markram needs to go

Forum » Cricket » Aiden Markram needs to go

Jan 12, 2022, 13:19

Aiden Markram looks so confused at the moment. Every time he goes out, he looks as if he can't understand what just happened.

Clearly he isn't in a good space at the moment.
Drop him and get Ryan Rickleton in. He is in good form and deserves a crack.

Markram has the goods to make it back... but right now he needs to do some soul searching.

I should be a Protea selector!

Jan 12, 2022, 13:55

I remember that whe before his retirement Amla did the same unforgiveable balls-up in a test he was severely criticized for what he did in a similar situation  -  I have to agree with you that he is going through a poor patch of batting and should be dropped - either as opening batsman or altogether from the team.   

I do not think that Makram should be retained as opening batsman  - would use Ryan Rickleton for that - but moved to bat at 4 in the place of the disastrous  Van der Dussen.   Van der Dussen is a real disaster at this stage - for him age is against a potential comeback into form.   If Markram fail as a middle order batsman he should be sent packing.       

Jan 12, 2022, 21:52

I’d move Markram down to 4, ditch Rassie he is old and kak

Open with Rickelton

Jan 12, 2022, 22:57

Just one thing....the ball that bowled Aido could easily be described as the bowl of the century......it followed a straight path needing a leave but on landing instead of carrying on that path it took a sharp turn......you'd have to wonder whether Jasprit got lessons from Warne on legspin bowling.

Jan 12, 2022, 23:21

Agreed Denny it was one hell of a ball for a seamer. That was some serious deviation off the pitch

But saying that Markram has been very disappointing this series

Jan 13, 2022, 00:17

Yes he has, that is true but I kinda think there's a good enough excuse for that particular dismissal, I'm sure even top class batsmen would easily have misjudged the deviation. Don't forget that pearler of a bowl was only the second ball bowled for the day.

Let's see how he goes in last stop saloon next innings.

Jan 13, 2022, 00:34

The ‘bowl of the century’ and a ‘pearler of a bowl’ LOL….it’s pearler of a ball, you moron.

Actually it was very similar to the ball Dussen padded up to and was bowled. That was greeted with howls of opprobrium against Dussen.

But it’s not just this ball….we have had 6 straight flops by Markram. Disappointing after a decent T20 World Series. He should be tried at 4 or 5, I have been saying that for years.

Jan 13, 2022, 00:43

Ok, you guys obviously didn’t watch most of the game.

Markram fields at 2nd slip.

He had watched what Oilivier was doing with the scrambled seam…jagging it in just as much. Not just once or twice but plenty.

That’s why the best batters field at slip, so that they can see what the pitch is doing.

Batting second and seeing how much the ball was coming in, that leave was pretty much in line with how Markram has been performing.

He’s a flow player. Simple as that. He struggles to focus for long periods and is not good at assimilating circumstances into his game plan. Things you need to be able to do well if you’re batting at 1,2 or 3.

At this point, I’d start batting him at 5 or 6 and ask him to bowl more. He’s a better bowler than he gets credit for.

Batting later, he can bat to his strengths which are more flowing in nature and suited to dominating tiring attacks. We’ll get way more value out of him there.

I’ll remind you of his previous dismissal. He was struck on the pad three times in a row with the 3rd one hitting him in front. There wasnt a trap involved. India have just realised that Markram is so in his own head, trying so hard to clear his mind, that he’s basically tuning himself into a goldfish that has no memory of what happened ten seconds ago. Sure, clear your head, but keep some game sense about you in the process.

He’s simply not a top 3 batter…not in Tests anyway.

Jan 13, 2022, 00:47

Hey Sleezball.....how about Marco Jansen Hmmmm still think he's a DUD??? You ignorant dope!

Laughing graphics

Jan 13, 2022, 00:49

Fucking hell Denny!

Do you know which way a leg spinner turns the ball?

Hint…off spin comes from the off side in toward the stumps. Leg spin and leg cutters do the opposite.

Jan 13, 2022, 00:55

No I "don't" wise guy Bwhahahaha....this from the dope who spruiked Reeza Hendricks as a world class batsman. Plum, do me a favour, go ahead and write your rubbish, I promise I won't respond, I really don't care about your cricket opinions, neither yours or your Master but as soon as you drag my name into it I will. Got that? Good.

BTW isn't it the early hours of the morning over there?

Jan 13, 2022, 01:00

Yeah yeah.

You should just delete that comment. It’s dang embarrassing.

Let’s be honest here, you know jack shit about cricket. So it’s no wonder you don’t wanna hear my opinions. They’re Greek to you.

Pearls before swine haha

Jan 13, 2022, 01:20

Actually if there's one thing I know and that is what you had to say about Reeza Hendricks..... .... world class Huh?

Embarrassed yet? 

Didn't think so.

How's Shamsi coming along.....another of your world class stars. Seems like the IPL franchises have a different take on him to yours.

Laughing graphics

You certainly know how to pick em...you go boy!

"World Class" Reeza Hendricks

YearInningsRunsBallsOutsAvgSRHS501004s6sDot %
Total245657362225.776.81023155557.5

Jan 13, 2022, 01:27

Shamsi got to the #1 ranking in T20s and demolished Sri Lanka…in Sri Lanka.

You’re right, I do know how to pick them.

Tell me, what type of spinner is Shamsi?

Can you answer that without Google?

haha you fool

Jan 13, 2022, 01:36

Wow....he demolished Sri Lanka Huh?....tell me erm ummm what's Sri Lanka world rating?

Laughing graphics

So then this star, correction world class Shamsi.......is he playing in the IPL?

Jan 13, 2022, 01:42

Reeza being world class is an opinion.

You not knowing the difference between leg and off spin is just plain stupid.

Whenever you get those laugh emojis out…we know what’s really happening in that girly head of yours.

Jan 13, 2022, 02:02

Bwhhhhaahaha an opinion Huh? So then tell me Sugar Loaf......what exactly is that opinion based on?

Bwhahahahahaha

1.45am Shouldn't you be sleeping?

Plum, I know you've been wanting my attention and going by the hour it seems like you're mighty desperate as well but honestly Bud, I'll repeat myself, I don't care about your cricket opinion, you kinda lost me with your Reeza Hendricks pick and also it's pretty obvious that you wanting everyone to know that you do know cricket when it's plain to see that you don't. Why worry about my opinion, I don't give a rat's fanny about yours hence the reason I find it easy to ignore you until you drag up my name.

Now off you go you little Reeza fanboy.....have a sleep...nightie

Jan 13, 2022, 02:06

I do my best work in the early hours…Tannie.

You really don’t know the difference between leg and off spin, do you?

Perhaps we should start at the beginning.

There are 6 balls in a over.

Which is about 6 more than there are in your pants hahahaha

Jan 13, 2022, 02:45

Plum, There you go again. trying to prove yourself......it's ok, I know you want the forum to know that you know cricket. And if it makes you feel better let's say I don't know anything about cricket.

Feel better now? There you are, all good,

How are on earth anyone is going to respect someone who drags up a useless quota is beyond my understanding but anyway...it is what it is.

Now off you go, much as I enjoy a good cricket debate there is no sense in having one with someone who doesn't know that he doesn't know.

Go Reeza!

Laughing graphics

Jan 13, 2022, 06:26

That Warne has got to be some kind of guru getting those leg spinners to come from outside the off stump and take the wicket. I wonder do they follow a sort of curved path……bwaaaaaaahahaha. 

And poor old Quisling is too insecure to simply correct his egg garnering mistake. Funny!

Jan 13, 2022, 06:50

There is no mistake.....good try Bwhahahahha

Now answer the question....is Marco Jansen a DUD?

Laughing graphics

Jan 13, 2022, 13:08

Denny

I already knew that you know jack about cricket. It's like telling me the sky is blue and asking if I feel better.

Careful now, I might do a good "bowl" and leg-spin you from outside off while making you get a fine edge to long on.

You noodle

Jan 14, 2022, 01:59

Oh come now Plum he was clearly thinking googly and he just misspoke when he said ‘leg spin’. He knows a lot about cricket and horses.

Jan 14, 2022, 06:17

Yes, Denny certainly knows his cricket and Moz is right, I'm sure that's what he meant, the Googly, we sometimes referred it to a "chinaman", is an offspin that appears as a leg spin by the wrist action bowled by a skilled bowler rather like a "flipper" bowled like by a leg spinner, ie Shane Warne was good at it.

Jan 14, 2022, 09:16

I’m not so sure that he meant to say googly.

The man is researching the wrong-un as we speak haha

You need to Log in to reply.