Another totsiens on the way.....sadly

Forum » Cricket » Another totsiens on the way.....sadly

Feb 02, 2022, 01:12

When David Bedingham was unveiled as a Durham batsman before the start of 2020, he abandoned hopes of an international future with South Africa with the conviction that he was about to make his life in England. It left his coach at Cape Cobras, Ashwell Price, to complain: "We can't keep pretending there is nothing wrong." There was no doubt that Cricket South Africa was the target of his ire.

Bedingham, at 25, was about to enter his prime and was in his second season as a contracted Cobras player. He played in the Western Cape throughout his career and represented the South African Under-19 side in 2013.

Prince said: "It's high time that CSA sits down and look at things a little bit closer and don't beat around the bush of why people are leaving. Get to the crux of why people are leaving. Face it, confront the brutal facts."

Bedingham, though, in common with several South African players of this era, played only one season of county cricket before the UK's departure from the European Union meant that the Kolpak qualification to be registered in county cricket no longer applied and nor did the ancestral visa which Bedingham had hoped to utilize.

He had made a solid contribution in that first season in 2020, one that was truncated because of the Covid-19 global pandemic. The following year, Durham gambled upon naming him as one of their two overseas players. His response was emphatic as he struck a career-best 180 not out against Nottinghamshire at Trent Bridge in the opening match of the season and, two games later, registered Durham's second highest Championship score of their history with 257 against Derbyshire on a relaid Riverside square.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's not that we don't "produce those kind of players anymore" as our resident pompous Lord KnowF'all would like us believe, here, another example that the domestic system still produces some very good players it's just that they're being produced for other countries.

FormatMatInnsNORunsHSAveBFSR100s50s4s6sCtSt
FC55919403325749.18658261.27111649545

Feb 02, 2022, 03:44

Hahaha …at 25 he was about to enter his prime. Hilarious, at 25 Amla and AB were legends. Only rare players like Dussen, who you never rated, arrive that late or later.

Still I do get a kick out of you having a little go at me on almost every thread you post. Totally obsessed, the new Mike.

Feb 02, 2022, 06:06

Oh alright, I get it.....he's a Dud.

Another Marco Jansen....right?

Laughing graphics

Feb 02, 2022, 07:11

Denny 

I have a problem - I found no reference in your post to AB de Villiers so is it logical to compare every potential player with AB and then claim he is a dud that should not be considered because he was not as good as AB was?

The logic escapes me - so England wants to use Bedingham?   How bad can he be - maybe as bad as De Kock - the no 4 ranked ODI batsman is - while the reference to the no 10 ranked player baffles me as well.   

And then we have the reference to age.   In SA  Cricket the future as an international player is murky as a result of pigmentation and the idea always is to complete academic studies before starting competing really on provincial and higher level.   A cricket example is Nortje who only came to the fore at the age of 26.   So the age story is problematic as well.  

Feb 02, 2022, 07:27

Well, according to our resident pompous Lord KnowF'all about cricket.....No10 has a better average than No 4.

Go figure.

Laughing graphics

Feb 02, 2022, 17:56

Another Marco Jansen…..hmmm….no, more of a Wiaan Mulder. By the way what was Verrynne’s  average for the matches he played since Ock went home to be …er….chilled. Oh I’ll lend a hand:

Format
M
Runs
Avg
SR
Test
2021–

Feb 02, 2022, 18:00

A bit grim for your number one pick. Never mind maybe he’ll come good in NZ.

Feb 03, 2022, 00:41

Another bit of deflection from his initial idiocy I am afraid.   

Feb 03, 2022, 03:59

That coming  from the moron who said Nadal wouldn’t win one game against the serve. ..and then was too much of a coward to own his mistake. 

Feb 03, 2022, 05:51

The first message after the match I congratulated  Nadal on his surprise win.   Did not give any reason for the win - which really was a win never expected by the bookmakers anyway.    YOur conduct above had zero to do with anything related to cricklet and is the same value as that of a constanmt dim cu ....  

Feb 03, 2022, 05:51

The first message after the match I congratulated  Nadal on his surprise win.   Did not give any reason for the win - which really was a win never expected by the bookmakers anyway.    YOur conduct above had zero to do with anything related to cricklet and is the same value as that of a constanmt dim cu ....  

Feb 04, 2022, 04:04

First message after the match you claimed Medvedev lost because of injury…congratulated, what a laugh.

Feb 04, 2022, 06:47

"Hilarious, at 25 Amla and AB were legends."

So.....an average of 17.5 is the stuff legends are made of.

Really? Wipe the egg off your face, you're embarrassing yourself.....again.

Hashim Amla

Year ?InningsRunsBallsOutsAvgSRHS501004s6sDot %

Feb 04, 2022, 10:34

Mozart

As per normal you are as dishonest as per normal.   I did not use injury as an excise for underperformance of Medvedev and said that it does not count.   You used Covid as a reason for Nadal struggling to win in an earlier match - and then tried to get out of the shit.

Anyway - why do you not respond to the cricket issue where your initial comments were BS.  Your comments are always wise after the fact and BS before the fact.  Get yourself into commenting logically on issues for a change.                

Feb 04, 2022, 11:49

"Your comments are always wise after the fact and BS before the fact."

My thoughts as well. He sets an agenda on the players others spruik then follows up with repetitive vitriol. Doesn't know the domestic players, feeds off you and Dave for that and has never picked a team and has never nominated a player for higher honours.

It's a well practised and stale routine. If you strip out his malicious Quinny quotes then you'll see that he posts very little if anything about cricket. Does exactly the same in rugby.

Don't expect to ever no how Amla became a legend at age 25 with a 17.5 average......hell only he no's.

Laughing graphics

Feb 04, 2022, 18:35

This is beyond belief….Amla was born in March 83. So in 2004 he turned  21, in 2005 he was 22 and in 2006  he was 23. 

If you really are stumped by adding 25 to 1983, might I suggest a calculator

The egg flows like Niagara. Is this the most embarrassing gaff ever?  How dumb is this moron?

Feb 04, 2022, 18:50

Definitely not on par with you - nobody can go that low    Your first story  about Bedingham ois that he is 26 years old and is so much worse than what AB was at 21.   Obviously lost all possible sense when he came up with those two ridiculous comments.  It was pointed out to you that you were talking KAK and you immediately switch the story to 

Then you switch to Mulder about whom nobody made any comments on this thread and consequently was just another diversion.   It contributed nothing at all as to what has been discussed.under this thread.

The fact is another diversion came on the Nadal issue.   I it always necessary to cover BS by diversion?     .     

Feb 04, 2022, 20:06

Quisling needs help….but not from you Clever, as usual you have totally  missed the point. Woosh! 

Feb 05, 2022, 03:13

Mozssrt

You apparently do not understand anything.   Denny dealt with Bedingham and is unhappy about how he is lost to SA cricket.   You saw an opening to attack Denny and wrote utter garbage on site - which I dissected to clarify what is really happening when it came to cricket.

Since then to save face you went totally bananas..    

Feb 05, 2022, 04:11

The only poster who needs to save face is the moron that added 25 to 1983 and got 2004. But then again you probably don’t see the problem. LMAOFY!

Feb 05, 2022, 15:31

Nobody is really interested in your personal vendettas on site and comments on it.   In this case you made such a mess of the Bedingham issue  and was so chronically shortsighted and idiotic I did post a response in the original case and since then you have tried to wiggle out of the BS by diversion .    The fact is people look and made no comments on your constant BS.   

Feb 05, 2022, 19:18

You really need to get over the Nadal thing. You made a total fool of yourself…..running around after me yapping away isn’t going to make it any better.

Feb 06, 2022, 02:30

Dealing with Bedingham was th issue here - your mania took the the issue to Nadal - now that represents a real nutcase who has to get over things.    Is it because nobody under the correct thread commented on your  craziness?    

Feb 06, 2022, 06:43

Yap, yap, yap.

You need to Log in to reply.