Another Verrynne flop

Forum » Cricket » Another Verrynne flop

Sep 10, 2022, 15:17

This kid so many said had to be in the team has hardly set the world on fire. Is he really the long term answer? It’s looking dubious.

Sep 10, 2022, 16:09

Moz to think he was meant to be the best of the youngsters coming through

He has been useless at test level as has Mulder

That batting side has to be the worst we have ever had in a test match

It’s a real pity as we have a really good bowling side

Sep 12, 2022, 13:22

He'll come good, you'll see. 

Let's remember that he's come into a side with nobody scoring runs. The senior batters in the side are either old with little experience, like Rassie...or have a lot of experience but a 35 average, like Elgar.

Plus, Bavuma has all of one big score after over five years at test level. Our ginger ninja is entitled to a touch more grace before he's banished. He's the right age and is good enough. Let's hope he doesn't go the Markram route.

Sep 12, 2022, 15:19

Let’s hope Plum.

Sep 12, 2022, 17:51

Just not cricket I'm afraid.

The SA batting is really very poor.

I was watching the commentary yesterday on IPTV and one of them (who was an ex England captain) pointed out the flawed technic of Pertesens batting to that of an english player playing the same shot.

Did anyone else watch the commentary and video of the point he was making?

It appears that the SA player plays a stroke that "Airs" the ball as opposed to the England player who "grounds" the ball.

Comments!

Sep 12, 2022, 20:12

And now Verrynne is spilling the simplest of catches off Rabada.

AJ I saw Peterson hitting the ball deliberately over gully. It struck me as being more of a 50 Over shot. But I’m guessing as these guys play mostly short form cricket, the technique they use there is going to creep into the test arena.

You need to Log in to reply.