Black Caps vs Proteas . . .

Forum » Cricket » Black Caps vs Proteas . . .

Jun 19, 2019, 15:57

I thought there might be more discussion about this game . . . certainly from our New Zealand friends.

It's been 20 years since the Proteas beat the Black Caps in a Cricket World Cup game. Looks like we're going to have to wait at least another 4 years.

The Proteas are currently 173/4 after 41 overs. This is pathetic. We'll do well to make 240 and even if we do, New Zealand will knock those off in less than 30 overs.

Whatever slim chances we may have had are rapidly disappearing.

Jun 19, 2019, 16:44

Rooinek 

Although  De Kock got bowled early - the real flops in this game was Amla and Du Plessis.   This was not ODI batting - 

*   Amla made 55 runs from 83 balls faced; and

*   Du Plessis made 23 runs from 35 balls

They made 34 runs in the first ten overs.   This game is lost and we must accept that the teeam is not up to standard.  

Jun 19, 2019, 16:44

Rooinek 

Although  De Koc got bowled early - the real flops in this game was Amla and Du Plessis.   This was not ODI batting - 

*   Amla made 55 runs from 83 balls faced; and

*   Du Plessis made 23 runs from  35 balls

They made 34 runs in the first ten overs.   This game is lost and we must accept that the team is not up to standard.  

Jun 19, 2019, 17:16

Ou Maaik, Faf's 23 came off 35 balls, not 24.

Munro has already smacked 2 boundaries. Miller and van der Dussen went something like 70 balls without either one hitting a boundary.

Jun 19, 2019, 17:33

Ngidi is looking underdone here. Think he may have been rushed back into the team a bit too soon. 

Jun 19, 2019, 19:32

Chris Morris showing great character here. Dare we hope?

Jun 19, 2019, 21:01

Well done Black Caps.

Morris gave us a spark of hope but it was a real captain's knock from Williamson.

I thought he may have left it a bit late but he showed in that last over he had it all under control.

That's it then, the Proteas are just playing for a bit of pride from now on. I'm not overly disappointed, I didn't have very high expectations.

Jun 19, 2019, 21:19

Mike How shit was Kane Williamsons innings.

What a load of crap.

That was a crap innings.

Strike rate of 74.

How crap.

Drop him

Jun 19, 2019, 21:20

What a wonderful game of cricket

We lost.

But it was a pure and proper game.

Jun 19, 2019, 21:57

Mike is right. The team is sub standard and the oaks can squawk as much as they like but nothing will change that fact. 

The batting is clearly sub standard and no genuine allrounder.

The oaks must be satisfied with beating Afghanistan. Hahahahaha 

Jun 19, 2019, 22:24

We were playing with 10 men:

'Superb over from Tahir as he tests Williamson’s defence to the hilt. A streaky boundary, as the Kiwi skipper outside edges a cut shot. Probing over otherwise, as Williamson almost gets stumped going for a slog. But QdK is slow to react.'

And

'Williamson tried to dab a fizzing leg-break fine but failed. Tahir was convinced of a nick but Quinton de Kock, behind the stumps, and the umpire Nigel Llong were oblivious to any contact. Had Du Plessis reviewed, Williamson would have departed for 76 with the faintest of edges detected.'

......Twice de Kock gave Williamson a life and then there was his pathetic innings.

Jun 20, 2019, 00:10

... forgive him for his pathetic innings.

Had it not been for QdK our results would have been even worse. He's our leading run scorer

Jun 20, 2019, 00:30

....and we still say "Fuck you AB!"

Jun 20, 2019, 00:41

Jislaaik, we're the Kiwis' bunnies at both rugby & cricket:'(

Jun 20, 2019, 01:07

Has there ever been a wicket keeper standing up to the wicket, who never joined the appeal when he actually took a simple catch....mind numbing incompetency!

Jun 20, 2019, 09:21

BS as per normal from a really poor commentator.

Jun 20, 2019, 15:41

Hahahaha.....still defending a keeper who can't figure out a snick when he is standing at the wicket. Lost the match and killed our slim chances at the WC.

Quintie is no competitor.....a talented slogger, not the kind of cricketer who wins close matches.

This is a four schplotttttttt Tokkie

Jun 20, 2019, 17:17

Mozart

Logical observations  and assessment can never be expected from  you so please go on woth your BS - i5 males me LMAO

Jun 20, 2019, 18:34

Two WCs screwed up by your man......aren't you embarrassed......hahaha!

You never ever played cricket, did you Tokkie! It's not a question.

You need to Log in to reply.