Bumbling openers get the Proteas' chase off on the wrong foot

Forum » Cricket » Bumbling openers get the Proteas' chase off on the wrong foot

Jun 02, 2019, 22:23

After another inept bowling performance....especially by Ngidi, Morris and Markham it was an opportunity for the Proteas to kick start their campaign by chasing down a big total on a flat wicket, against medium pacers and spinners who weren't spinning.

Would Australia, India or the Windies have taken care of business? You bet!

But from Quintie's near play-on of his first ball, it looked like a slow motion disaster. I say slow motion advisedly, as Markham and de Kock dithered. Particularly de Kock who could have been out four or five times and batted like a snail.

And then everybody who got established managed to miss straight balls.

Once again we learn the WC lesson.....class is not negotiable. And bowling the likes of Markram is not going to work.

Hopefully Amla is fit for the next game, at least he has the variety of strokes to offset containment tactics. And hopefully Steyn replaces the ham strung Ngidi. But it's already looking very grim.

Jun 02, 2019, 22:49

Dr Moz I never entertained much hope for this team. There is a distinct lack of class around. Thankfully I watched the tennis instead. 

Jun 03, 2019, 07:55

The name "Proteas" inspires nothing. It's a name enforced by racist views and policies, A name with out much of anything to be proud of. It has no history, no traditions and belongs to the same fools running this "cowntry" into the ground. It comes from the hatred of the white man and jealousy of their successes.

It's filled with inept quotas and hasbeens ... bearded muslims and natives that want to tell their mommies that they too played for their cowntry.

Any fool can make it into this cowntry's national sides.

There attack is laughable ... even though some refer to it as cerebral ... and then we have a pathetic batting lineup that aren't able to meet any challenge head on.

Why would anyone want to play for these losers?

What blows me away is that they somehow still find support.

Well ... it's two matches played ... and in both they were thrashed.

I love it. Long may it continue.

They should rather just come home and spare us any further embarrassment.

Hopefully we'll see the same thing happen with the Goats.

Jun 03, 2019, 08:57

More racial shit from our resident board racist.

Did you ask for forgiveness for last week, with all your racial posts, so now you are good to go again this week, until you get back in that church?

Such is the Christian way...….

Jun 03, 2019, 09:09

Nah ... there's nothing to forgive.

I'm good.

Thanks for asking though, DumbAss.

Jun 03, 2019, 09:29

LMAO

Very selective CC on what is a sin and what isn't

So being a openly racist person is something any Christian can do, everyday, and is not a sin

LMFAO

Cool

Jun 03, 2019, 09:36

Not having a good day, huh?

The missus didn't want to blow you again this morning, huh?

Since when is being racist a sin. Show me where it states that in the Bible.

Jun 03, 2019, 10:52

We are all made in the image of God (Gen 1.27)

However, in your mind, and as you have stated many times here already that blacks, muslims are not the same as white people, therefore, according to you, not everyone is made in God's image..... if you believe this and live your life this way, it is against God's wishes, so you are sinning.

Partiality is a sin (James 2:1)

When you treat other people differently or unfairly, or assume the worst about people, or favour one group of people over another group of people, then you do not reflect the God of justice, nor do you honour the Christ who came to save all men, so you are sinning

Christ came to tear down walls between people, not build them up (EpH 2:14)

What exactly are you doing here by saying all the time that blacks and muslims are not the same as the rest,...….building walls between Whites, Muslims, Blacks etc etc

You constantly deny that every person is equal before God, therefore you are going against God's will, therefore you are sinning

Squirm and twist it anyway you want to, you big Christian, you are just another excuse for a fake Christian believer

I see you have recently started bringing people's family into your posts again..... especially with your novel that you posted about Piss Mint...… and now about my missus...….sheeesh, that was quite a rant about Piss Mint hey, and I honestly know why it came about.

Listen up CC, because I will only say this once to you

Just because your father left you, at a very young age, does not mean that other people on this board, harbor the same resentment that you do, towards their daddy or any other adult men in their life, like you do

You are 57 this year...... you need to move on with your life and get past your daddy issues and remove that massive chip off your shoulder...… going for another run and doing another gym session will only temporarily relieve you of this horrible lifelong anger...… it will never remove the deep seated animosity and anger that resides within you.

I have said previously, your hate runs very deep, and I see why..... I actually really feel sorry for you bro..... really I do

Jun 03, 2019, 12:18

".....sheeesh, that was quite a rant about Piss Mint hey, and I honestly know why it came about."

To me it sounded like a call to arms.  

There was nothing new in most of what he said, several posters have been saying the same sort thing for decades. Bringing the family into it is where I draw umbridge.

Jun 03, 2019, 12:32

He's a sick bipolar knobhead Denny. 

That's pretty much all that needs remembering when dealing with him.

Recently he was discussing Rooi's daughter and saying some horrible stuff. Today's it's Red's wife. Guy's a sicko.

He's got no point to make and if he did then he wouldn't have the limited brain power required to bring it across anyway.

Question is, have you ever met a trader that wasn't a complete asshole? I haven't...ever.

Give the animal no attention and let him cry in solitude.

Jun 03, 2019, 13:49

"Today's it's Red's wife"

Nope.... my wife

Jun 03, 2019, 14:09

Sorry DA

Head is all over the shop today.

Jun 03, 2019, 14:53

Actually, I’m 56 this year but thanks for trying to keep up. I know it can’t be easy being a counter attendant and all.

Glad to see you read the Bible, well at least a single passage from it, even though it was in an attempt to prove me wrong. Who knows ... the seed planted may just take root.

Seeing as you’ve redirected this discussion to Christianity and the Bible, please be so kind as to tell me what He meant when He said that he created us in His own image?  I hope your explanation isn’t going to be that of how we all look like Him ... black and white, coloured and Chinaman. Please say it’s not so.

I have grown used to your stupid questions over the years. It sets you apart from the rest on this board, just as sodomy sets Plum apart. It’s the first thing that comes to mind when I see Plum's new posts. A bald headed coloured boy with his dick in someone’s sphincter.

That's Plum for you.

Oh dear ... James 2:1. - You have once again misunderstood the word of God ... or have you deliberately taken it out of context? I wonder?

Nah ... you're too stupid to be so devious.

Can’t say that I’m surprised. It falls in with your usual dullard way of thinking.

Let us see what it actually says.

James 2:1 – My brothers, as believers in our glorious Jesus Christ, don’t show favouritism,

and then Verse 2 – Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in shabby clothes also comes in.

Verse 3 – If you show special attention to the man wearing the fine clothes and say to him “Here’s a good seat for you” but say to the man wearing the shabby clothes, “Stand over here” or “Sit on the floor by my feet” ... have you not discriminated among yourselves.

You see ...  tell the whole story next time. Don’t use a small part of it. You end up misleading the hearer.  

Both folk are Christian. Both have come to the service in search of a meeting with God.

One is poor ... the other is rich.

Discriminating would be to favour the rich Christian over the poor Christian ... or to preach the word of God to one people (showing them favour) and not to the others.That is the message, stupid.

Also ... a filthy muslim will only come to a Christian gathering to detonate a bomb strapped to his person. Should I invite him in? Put him in the best possible spot so that the bomb's blast radius covers the entire congregation?

See the difference ... ? Didn't think so.

Maybe you should go read Ephesians 2:14 again. I think you might have clicked on the wrong Google search. Either that or you are thicker than I thought.

Really ... ? You are only going to say that once? What a relief. Usually you repeat yourself over and over for weeks on end.

I’m not sure how many more times I’ll read about my supposed hatred ... my anger ... but if it makes you feel better, DumbAss,  then why stop. Knock yourself out.

I really don't mind.

Jun 03, 2019, 14:55

Actually ... I did mention Redneck's wife and her fondness of "Ronnie Coleman" ... remember?

Jun 03, 2019, 15:13

"a filthy muslim will only come to a Christian gathering to detonate a bomb strapped to his person"

Ok, so by your logic here, all Christians get painted with the same brush as the Catholic priest who molested all those boys?

You see, I cannot continue to converse with individuals. who are so adept at being stupid.

It is especially more difficult when it involves people like you, where stupidity comes naturally and so incredibly easy

As I said CupCake……. sort out all those daddy issues that you have..... and all of us here know that you certainly do have a lot of them...….. My adult advice to you, my boy...… is have a long heart to heart talk with your mom...…. get it all out in the open, and only then, you will become a far better human being

Jun 03, 2019, 15:37

just as sodomy sets Plum apart. It’s the first thing that comes to mind when I see Plum's new posts.

Jun 03, 2019, 15:43

There is a very big difference between a Catholic and a Christian ... and no, I'm not going to explain the difference to you, so don't bother asking. 

So much for only saying it once, hey DumbAss.

You sound a little ... peeved. Are you struggling to control your ... anger? Head butting the monitor yet?

Well can't say I blame you. I would too. Let's face it, your above attempt needs a little work if you ask me. It's almost as if you had no proper thought going into the lengthy sermon.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaaaa!!

Now .. about us being created in His image. You didn't reply to my question. It must have slipped your mind ... right?

Well ... it's either that or you honestly thought that we looked like Him, and that that is what He meant.

Yes??

LMAO!!!!!!

Oh ... and by the way ... when you speak of discrimination ... would it be the same as the white folk in this cowntry being excluded from sport, jobs and the right to buy shares in certain companies?

Is that what you meant? 

Jun 03, 2019, 15:51

Poor Plum ... once again trying to redirect his shame.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaaa!!

If you are so embarrassed about it, why on earth did you come aboard here and own up to it?

Were you high on something?

Regretting it now, huh!!?

Jun 03, 2019, 16:21

Odd I went to Ephesus, but I saw no Ephesians. Today I returned to a post on the Proteas and found no cricket, only Carbuncle Turncoat doing more intellectual clean and jerks....with a major in jerks.

Why bother with this man's neurotic self exploration.....racist, homophobic and pretty dumb. Just another inferior life form lost in the universe.

Jun 03, 2019, 16:40

He once said he trades fresh produce or dried fruit Moz.

Seems sufficiently depressing enough to result in what we see coming from him.

Jun 03, 2019, 16:52

CC, have you had the talk with Mom yet...…..?

Shit boy, you are seriously avoiding the daddy topic here aren't you

Not even a peep from you on this issue

It clearly is a lot more serious than I originally thought

Jun 04, 2019, 03:45

@ Plum

Seeing as you've addressed me in your above post I feel obliged to respond. While doing so I want to remind you that I chose not to respond to Clean Cut's post under the header "Honesty" where I'm mentioned several times. I won't dignify him with a response.

So then, in response to you, I see you as a crowd pleaser and Koosie friendly.

As far as I'm concerned Clean Cut and Koosie are cut from the same cloth, birds of a feather...... both low lives. After everything that Clean Cut has said about Koosie I want to assure you that come next year this time all will be forgotten and they'll be friends again as if it never happened.

And that's because there is no honor or dignity in either of them.....that's how they roll, that's how they'll always roll. 

Whether you choose to agree or disagree with me doesn't matter, it is what I believe. 

Jun 04, 2019, 07:44

"So then, in response to you, I see you as a crowd pleaser and Koosie friendly."

Well Denny, I've never had an issue with Rooi. Just like with the majority of people here. Shall I make something where there is nothing?

Whatever dude. Not Sure what you mean by crowd pleaser but I'll just pretend its a compliment. 

Jun 04, 2019, 08:02

Very true about next year Denny...….

Jun 04, 2019, 09:19

And that'll be their own problem if it happens.

Still not sure what the point is really.

Jun 04, 2019, 11:08

Plum, note that childish, deceitful and lifeless losers like Dense and Dumbass consider anyone prepared to have a civil and topic-related discussion with me to be a "crowd pleaser".

I think the poor obsessive little dears are so intimidated by me that they've developed a coping mechanism whereby they see me as a whole bunch of nasty and mean people hence I've become a "crowd" of people in their sad little lives and not just one individual who is exposing their lies, hypocrisy and their rank stupidity.

Jun 04, 2019, 15:19

I'm curious Peeper, why do you think you are intimidating?

Jun 04, 2019, 15:26

"I'm curious Peeper, why do you think you are intimidating?"

Ummmmm . . . not sure if you can't read or if you're just too stupid to understand what's being said, but I'm suggesting they're intimidated by me because they consider me to constitute a "crowd".

Get someone with a double digit IQ to explain it to you if you still don't get it.

Jun 04, 2019, 21:40

Hahahaha ....that's what I thought you meant. Now you're a crowd. Delirium Tremens strikes again.

Jun 04, 2019, 22:24

Moffie ignoring the facts again.

Their words, not mine.

Jun 05, 2019, 01:26

The fact is that Mozart missed the plot totally as expected and his attack on De Kock was expected.  What about the worst opener as expected Amla and what about the all-rounder Duminy as expected too.

Abd the worst bowler was NOT Morris at all.   Ngidi was by some distance the worst bowler against Bangla Desh.    We have the ancient blame game of Mozart here,    

Amla and Duminy should NEVER have been in the squad - they were NOT selected on merit - but on reputation and media hype,   The game against Bangla Desh is a painful reminder of another disaster that hit the Springboks in the Japan test in 2015 test - when all the  reputation players Mozart adores failed badly.                     

Jun 05, 2019, 01:34

How does the Japan test , followed by a WC Bronze medal excuse Quintie's bumbling performance against the Bunglies? Dunno ....but in Cloud Tokkie Land it apparently does.

Jun 05, 2019, 01:43

No Mozart - it does compare and your attack on De Kock is the result of your normal attacks on players.    You were warned that Amla is a passenger and so is Duminy - booth were  failures when they did play and there is no way they will do better in the series.

Why are you always ready to attack performances of your pet hate layers and always protecting failures whos selection you supported?             . 

Jun 05, 2019, 05:17

Oh sure Duminy was useless with his 45 at a strike rate of 121....but Quintie is above reproach with his 23 at a strike rate of 71. If you want to know who put pressure on the South African innings look no further than de Kock.

Duminy has been a serial flop....but in this instance he did a good job of accelerating the pedestrian scoring.

Jun 05, 2019, 09:19

Mike, you are wrong about Amla in my view.

His hands are too slow for faster and bouncy pitches these days but are still well suited to UK conditions.

He plays nice and late and can still punish balls on length outside off. 

Duminy has never been a favorite for me. His best game was in Oz many moons ago. They were comparing him to Lara back then.

Guy just made a career out of being a stop gap player.

Philander batting up the order would have had a similar average but could take the new ball as well.

Bavuma's batting technique and his skiddy slow-mediums are also better suited to UK conditions.

There are many players would have been more useful. 

Jun 05, 2019, 09:52

Mozart

Don't be a bloody idiot again  I looked art both ODI's  and not only at one.   You are trying to divert attention away from the failures your supported and that is very average of you,

Lets get this straight - in 2 ODI's the situation was as follows:-

De Kock                 -      91 runs from 106 balls    -   average    45,5

Van der Dussen      -     91 runs from   99 balls    -    average    45,5

Du Plessis               -      67 runs from   60 balls    -   average   33,5

Markram                -      58 runs  from  61 balls   -    average    29

Duminy                   -     53 runs from  48 balls     -    average   26,5

Amla                     -       13 runs from  23 balls    -    average    13

We know by now that you are always dishonest when it comes to player evaluation - the real problem in the 2 ODI's were NOT De Kock and Van der Dussen,- it was both Amla and Duminy., while both  Markram and  Du Plessis were average.

You refer to the bowling of Markram - but not  to the bowling with Duminy who was given an over to bowl and was so bad that h was NEVER asked to bowl again.   So lets look at the actual; figures for the 2 ODI's:

Duminy                   -     3 overs bowled  - runs 26  -  average   8,67

Markram                 -     8 overs bowled  - runs 54  -  average   6,75

Please - time to get honest for a change.  

Jun 06, 2019, 09:29

LMAO

"Their words, not mine."

Please show me where I said this.....

"are so intimidated by me"

ROTFLMFAO

I assure you Piss Mint, that not one single poster on this forum, in any age capacity, is intimidated by you..... the board fuck up..... LMAO, not one

Maybe if you got some "honest" feedback on that, you would actually realize just how completely stupid and self important you sound.

Lol..... intimidated....lmfao

You need to Log in to reply.