Chippo

Forum » Cricket » Chippo

Oct 07, 2019, 01:50

Still waiting...

"These dutchmen and colonials always feel hard done by.
I dont ever think we'll see it change during our lifetime."

?????

Oct 07, 2019, 15:10

Denise you don’t have the right to call out Chip on waiting given you are too much of a coward to answer me

You waiting on Chip and I’m waiting on you

Oct 07, 2019, 16:42

Saf, im gona try explain to him...

"These dutchmen and colonials always feel hard done by.
I dont ever think we'll see it change during our lifetime."

Denny, since you ran away from SA, you may not be privy to this..,.
White SAFFAS that were already adults in the apartheid era (ages 40 and up) are generally very unhappy.
They live in the "it wasn't our fault" space.
They are the people who are wrongfully cast aside by BEE.
They are the people who feel that they were not apart of the apartheid regiment but are being punished for it.

So no, im not referring to you or your tjomma from Mitchells Plain or me and my comrades from Soweto.
Im referring to the people that constantly complain when things go wrong, but dont rejoice when things go right, because they're still complaining about the things that went wrong. Whether it be sport, political or cultural.
Generalising... these people are mostly Afrikaans or Anglo's from KZN.

Hope that clarifies.

Oct 07, 2019, 17:08

Chippo care to share with us KZN expats on what has gone right in RSA of late.

Oct 07, 2019, 17:14

Chippo I think you should edit you comment to read " I'm referring to people complaining when things constantly go wrong....."

Oct 07, 2019, 17:54

"what has gone right in RSA of late."

- Rassie has turned the boat. Bokke are playing good rugby again.

Oct 07, 2019, 21:28

@ Chippo

Firstly I never ran away from South Africa. Migration is never easy, ask anyone who has, leaving behind friends and family and the love of your country is only for the brave or stupid.

I've read your posts several times simply because I don't get what Afrikaners and colonialists had to do with folks whingeing about a game of cricket. At first I thought you were being racist hence the reason my question, note I'm not the only one, Draad pulled the pin on you with an expletive. But that said and allowing for the vagaries of a message board, no, I don't think you're a racist although as I've said it could be interpreted as such. I believe you are referring to Mike who is an Afrikaner from KZN who initiated the original post on another blog. I should also say that my suspicions were stirred by the comments in this forum about the hate of white people in South Africa, members of my own family living in South Africa have echoed those same sentiments.

Well, looking at the game with the benefit of hindsight then Mike is correct in what he has said, ie that the bowling selections were poor and if it sounds like he is whining then he has every reason to do so going by the performance or non-performance of a toothless Protea attack. Mike's comments or critique is vindicated now that we've all seen the results of the game.

Don't confuse the genuine desire of those who want to see the country and its people excel with those who don't. Legitimate complaints should be seen as a positive, its those who want to see the demise of the country like Clean Cut for example or like the ignoramus who hated Jake White so much that he couldn't enjoy our RWC win.....and still doesn't. No need to mention any names, he'll be here shortly cursing and barking like a bitch with an itchy Dik.

Peace!

Oct 07, 2019, 21:41

I hear you RA but the first time they played a rated team what happened.....they lost the first game to the AB's.

None of the teams that they have played other than the AB's are really rated and are outclassed even before they take the field.

The proof of just how good they are under Rassie will be evident once the quarters commence. Remember never count your chickens before they have hatched.

Besides Chippo's comments were directed at the expats, Dutchmen and KZN Anglo's who in fact built South Africa to be the strongest economy country in Africa with the aid of many people of color.

It is a fact that since 1994 everything has gone for a shit and to the -ogs.

If you don't believe me just peek out of the window for confirmation, that is if you dare........

We owned a property up on the Berea prior to our departure and on a recent trip to SA we took a drive past the property.

It has been turned into a dump and the area is a typical slum.

That goes for Durban Central and the beach front as well.

Slum after slum is what the country has become.

Chippo and his comrades from Soweto are everywhere and travel at anytime is risky and downright dangerous.

Finally remember many a Dutchman and KZN Anglo fathers/mothers/brothers/sisters and others sacrificed with their lives to build and secure South Africa during tough times from 1910 to 1948.

So Chippo respect what was built for you by the Dutchman and KZN Anglo. Stop burning everything in site.

Stop spreading your hatred and learn to be civilized.

In closing always respect what the Dutchman - Anglo's have done for Africa because without them you guys would have not a single tree left to swing on or from.

Vasbyt is the message.

Oct 07, 2019, 22:02

Whatever the ANC touches turns to shit, State-Owned Enterprises are bankrupt and people suffer the lack of basic needs, and let there be no doubt that the ANC inherited an infrastructure unlike anything in the rest of Africa. If there is similar or better please point me to one.

So what exactly is there to celebrate? Losing to Bangladesh?

Oct 07, 2019, 22:03

@Den and AJH
Let me address you both together...
Denny, im 100% inclusive brother. Black, White, Indian, Asian...

But I LOVE taking the mickey out of other races. I believe that laughing at each others folleys and shortcomings makes us more tolerable. Its an honest belief system that I have.

The more we laugh at ourselves and each other, the more accepting we become.
So yes, maybe my "dutchman" comment came across as racist, but it certainly wasn't intended.
So you are right Denny, I am not racist.
Similarly, my comment about running away is used whenever I refer to my friends that left SA. Its well intended and meant to be laughed at. But I see where it could sound insulting.

Arthur John, There is a 100% improvement in morale among Bok supporters. I'm not sure where you live, but here in SA, the Bokke have been a contributing factor for SAB's  increased volumes.

Our political landscape is going through a torrid time. But what is currently happening, is all the shit is floating to the top.
It will still take a good 7 years to get Zuma and his fuckup son and all of those lying bastard cunts into jail. But what we are going through today is all worthwhile.

First we had apartheid. That took many years to sort out.
Now we have something which doesn't have a single word to describe it, but once it is over, and the young kids have a decent education, this land will prosper yet again.

We have some very smart people in SA. Best brains in the world in certain sectors, and I believe those brains and our future leaders will get us back.

Amen

Oct 07, 2019, 22:44

Chippo, I trust and pray that your hopes for the country and all its people does come true.

South Africa is one of the most scenic countries in the world. Blessed with perfect weather, great agriculture potential, abundant natural resources, great infrastructure (Had) and if the population can overcome the tribal biases that have been passed down through generations and put their shoulders to the wheel great things can and will be achieved.

Unfortunately a great deal of wealth and expertise has left the South African shores and will take ages to recover and rebuild that wealth and knowledge base.

As long as there is determination and the will to rebuild in the population all will not be lost.

South Africa has a dark past and appears to be heading even darker.  I agree with the point you make about having smart people the issue is that the voting people have to elect folks who have the interest of the country at heart not color, tribe or self enrichment.

Due to the tribal situation in parts of the country that is going to be a major hurdle to clear.

We are all hopeful and praying that common sense and love for the country will overcome all of these issues because if not the tide will turn and it will be ugly.

Always a Saffer at heart.

Oct 07, 2019, 23:05

Art, quick quezzie... why did you create a new account?

Oct 08, 2019, 01:30

My original account  (Arthur John) was corrupted a few years back  then my second account (AJ) which was dormant for a year plus due to personal issues and some how my password was changed and I was unable to sign in.

Thus the new account  (AJH) was set up.

Also note the H is my third name and is not Hennie.

Cheers.

Oct 08, 2019, 09:53

Hi AJH

We'd like to assist you in getting your AJ, Arthur John and AJH account merged into one.

Can we communicate via mail?

Is your mail account up to date?

Kind regards

Oct 08, 2019, 16:30

The email that I used for the first account I had is still in use.

The one ending in @shaw.ca

Appreciated.

Oct 08, 2019, 18:16

First we had apartheid. That took many years to sort out.
Now we have something which doesn't have a single word to describe it, but once it is over, and the young kids have a decent education, this land will prosper yet again.

We have some very smart people in SA. Best brains in the world in certain sectors, and I believe those brains and our future leaders will get us back.

Well said Chip.

I don't think you are a bigot or a racist.  I did not like the tone of that particular comment of yours- hence the profanity.
 ...and I'm 48 and in your target group...and yes, I complain because there's a very  good reason to, but I'm not blind to the positives... I'm fed up for being blamed for everything bad that ever happened in this country.  It cuts both ways.
 We all carry blame AND we were all complicit in the good there is ATM. If all Dutchmen of my age and older were expelled from the country tomorrow, there won't be a country left by the end of the year....just like there would not have been anything  to begin with if it wasn't  for all the people of the country...even those who have left since. Things are what they are...some are NOT more equal than others. 

Oct 08, 2019, 18:20

PS, I'm not the type to escalate a small disagreement into a full blown vendetta...Cheers.

You need to Log in to reply.