You need to LOG IN to reply.

Cricket World Cup Fantasy

Forum » Cricket » Cricket World Cup Fantasy

May 28, 2019, 10:46

If anyone is interested in playing a Cricket World Cup Fantasy game at cricketweb.net let me know and I'll set up a pool.

May 28, 2019, 10:55

Just by the way, of all the sports, cricket is the one most suited to Fantasy competitions as there's no subjectivity involved like whether a player broke a tackle or caused a turnover . . . the cricket games are based purely on how many runs your players make (and at what rate), how many wickets they take (at what economy) and how many catches, stumpings and/or run-outs they're involved in.

The cricketweb game also allows a total of 300 transfers so there's plenty of planning and strategy involved.

May 28, 2019, 16:02

I will be interested so pleas start a pool.

May 28, 2019, 16:11

Done. The pool is called Ruckers Forum and the key is 1559052375. 

May 28, 2019, 16:29

I wouldnt mind Rankers having a cricker section for the WC.

Ed?

Make a plan...

May 28, 2019, 18:08

Rooinek I registered and tried to get into the pool.   As I understand the system you -

*   do not select a team based on  for instance only players from England and South Africa for the first game; but

*   you select your main team comprising players like the following:-

Batsmen      -     Smith, Warden, Kohli

WC              -     De Kock

Bowlers       -     Ngidi, Rabada, Cummins

AR               -     Stokes, etc

Is that correct?    

May 28, 2019, 20:42

Ou Maaik, you get 300 transfers and if you divide the number of games by the transfers it equates to about 6.5 transfers per game.

You're never going to get a full house of players in every game but if you pay attention to where teams have big gaps before their next game, you can maximise your representation and give yourself an advantage.

I played this Fantasy game in the IPL and finished 12th out of over 9000 simply by keeping players when their next game was within 2 or 3 and selling players when they had a gap of 4 or more games before the next game.

Beware of changing your captain too often though. A captaincy change costs you an additional 3 transfers so it's never going to be worth your while changing captain too often.

My team for the first game is all SA and England players. I'll dump all my England players for round two but keep some of my SA players as they're playing again within 3 games.

May 28, 2019, 21:08

Ou Maaik, you haven't joined the pool yet. To join the pool, click on "User Comp - Join" and then enter the key I provided into the text box under "Join Private User Competition".

May 28, 2019, 22:43

Please check whether I m in. 

May 29, 2019, 07:07

Yes ou Maaik, you're in.

Anyone else?

May 31, 2019, 11:19

Rooinek

I am quite happy with my selections in the game yesterday

Got  968 points being no 32

What happened to you?

Not bad - there were 1500 teams entered. 

Jun 01, 2019, 00:54

In the game yesterday I went from  968 points to  1 334 an increase of  366 points

My position on the log has improved from no 32 to number 28

After this game I have 290 changes left.   I will use another 10 of the changes to be made today.    

Jun 04, 2019, 13:33

I had Joe Root but not as my captain. I then had a choice between Eoin Morgan and Jos Buttler and went for Morgan because he was higher in the batting order. Bad mistake!

If you don't have Mohammed Nabi in your team today you could be in a spot of bother. He's taken 4 of the 5 wickets that have gone down at the time of posting and still has 3 overs to bowl. Kusal Perera also heading for a good fantasy score.

You need to Log in to reply.