De Ock…..off for maternity leave

Forum » Cricket » De Ock…..off for maternity leave

Dec 26, 2021, 21:05

….hahaha….if this twit actually had to go through the pains of labor he’d take the knee. The semen count seems to be dropping rapidly amongst South African men.

Dec 28, 2021, 04:05

What the hell has this to do with  De Kock - it is normal for players to be given leave when their wife is having a baby.     This is certainly the idiot comment of the year by the regular idiot speaker on site.  He already holds the record for idiot speak on the Rugby and Tennis codes - so add Cricket to it as well.      

Dec 28, 2021, 05:25

The post has been up for 2 days and suddenly in the middle of the night you read it for the first time and have a hissyfit? What a fake you are Pervert.

Dec 28, 2021, 07:56

You are tasteless and without any idea of decency.   De Kock's wife is pregnant with their first child and you allege indirectly that he is not the father since he has weak semen.     I have never expected to read on this site BS like that - and you are stretching it to an amazing extent.    So whatever one reads about your writings is to be expected as worthless  hatred when it comes to Erasmus and certain sportsmen.    I think you should be ashamed of yourself anyway.        

Dec 28, 2021, 19:06

I allege he is not the father….hahaha…..I suppose a fool could interpret it that way. But no, I’m afraid you’re confused again

Dec 28, 2021, 19:08

Today was classical de Kock….should have been caught first ball….and then when he gets his eye in and the bowling is flagging a bit, plays an atrocious shot letting down the team.

Dec 28, 2021, 20:16

Listen doos - a normal person will interpret it in that way.   Read the heading and the nasty comment you made that determine what a logical person would think about the input.

So Elgar, Van der Dussen, Petersen and even Markram did not let down the team - you stupid moron?      

Dec 28, 2021, 20:57

Sure they did but after flopping the whole WC Ock batting 6 where I always said he should bat, with the best Indian bowler off the park, had a chance to finally help his team and he Ocked up again.

Dec 28, 2021, 21:01

Now let me explain my light hearted comment. The idea of men taking ‘maternity leave’ which Ock is taking …..is a modern indulgence and cringeworthy wording. The reference to semen is code for manliness. Testosterone levels in men have been plummeting for years.

There was no reference to Ock not being the father of his own kid…just another brain fart on your part.

Dec 29, 2021, 03:16

Why did you pick De Kock for your lighthearted hate speak?   Anyway - taking maternty leave became an institution decades ago  in cricket circles many years ago and there is not a single player I know of in the Proteas team that did not take similar  leave in the past.   But is goes further than that  - that include both SA players and players from all other countries  where cricket is played.

Now just something that may hit home in your deluded mind - cricket is a game that require high concentration levels  and any caring husband  will lose that concentration when his wife is about to give birth.   From a cricket perspective it is a wise thing to do. 

Now you go on about De Kock going out like he did - but nothing about the other players I listed.   As bad as the bowlers were yesterday - so bad was the bating line-up .  Fact is that we expect Van der Dussen, Elgar and Petersen to fail - but you only think the  others were fine - De Kock not so.   

Happy Idiots Day to you  simpleton.   

Dec 29, 2021, 05:39

We expect van der Dussen to fail:

Stats
Format
M
Runs
Avg
SR
Test
2019–
ODI
2019–
T20I
2018–

Dec 29, 2021, 05:44

Well that’s odd I would have thought averages of 38.1, 65.6 and 38.9 were quite decent. Perhaps he just doesn’t qualify as a seuntjie on your wall.

Dec 29, 2021, 09:52

No international  player batted at 3 in cricket has an average of  38,1 - that is 45 to 50 territory,   In  shorter versions of the games the  number of Not Out games boosted the averages and  in the case of Van der Dussen - he either batted in the number 3 or 4 positions and is very high not out in matches played against weaker countries.    Having a single century in ODI's is telling after batting in 23 innings of which he was not out in 7.   

Your usage of stats is limited and his international career started when he was 29 years old with limited scope for establishing a high class .international career.   He is going  nowhere fast and is nit fitting well into provincial level cricket stats.           

Dec 29, 2021, 10:53

For me, Rassie is a placeholder.

At this point we simply have to have Malan, Verryne and V Tonder in the team in the side.

They should replace Elgar, Bavuma and Keegan.

We could have a formidable top six that looks like…

Verryne, Malan, V Tonder, Quintie, Markram, Rassie.

The bonus here is that this same 6 can play all three formats with only Rassie retiring not too long from now.

Dec 29, 2021, 13:02

Plum

Agree with you on that batting line-up.    

Dec 29, 2021, 13:43

Mike

For me it’s crazy to have a player that only opens the batting in tests.

I don’t see the value in it. Playing more regularly at the highest level, regardless of format, is what most bats in the Test side should be doing.

Honestly, I don’t get the point of Elgar’s role.

You can’t tell me that Verryne, V Tonder or Malan wouldn’t be at least as valuable…likely more.

Dec 29, 2021, 14:28

Is Rabada allowed to celebrate when he takes a wicket for his country?

I’m starting to seriously dislike this guy.

Dec 29, 2021, 14:56

Markram fails yet again.

This guy should bat at five.

Seriously…he’s the DDA of the Proteas.

Dec 30, 2021, 01:16

Markram doesn’t have the quick reflexes of an opener. His tardy removal of bat and steering the ball into the wicket was a classical example. He is a big muscle player, he is a 4 and De Ock is a 6. 

Seeing a bit more value in Elgar now Plum? That one ball he survived  that bounced halfway up the pitch and flew through a foot off the deck was almost unplayable.Markram would never have got his bat down in time.

Dec 30, 2021, 01:20

Ock drops another one…..and Pant shows him how to take exactly the catch he botched yesterday. Given how many runs that catch drop created, it could be the difference in the game. Surely Ock senses he owes the team a big innings, he’s not as good as his fans think, but he can’t fail every time!

Dec 30, 2021, 02:44

Moz

I don’t think Elgar is useless.

Just that there are better players that can open for us and also play all three formats. For me, the top four should play all three formats.

Dec 30, 2021, 10:40

Watch Elgar and Bavuma bat all day and leave me with mountains of egg on my face.

Not impossible. This is a 4th day pitch playing like 3rd day pitch.

These two need a 100 stand for the Gimpteas to stand a chance.

Dec 30, 2021, 10:44

Elgar’s had two lives this morning already…one C&B and one that went through the slips.

Dec 30, 2021, 11:02

And…there goes Elgar LBW.

When your team can’t hit 500 at home, over two innings.

Dec 30, 2021, 11:46

And there goes Quintie…chipping on.

Yet again can’t be counted on when the team needs him.

This guy might be the most front-runner of a player we’ve ever had.

Dec 30, 2021, 12:25

Moozart 

How many catches did De Kock take in this test?

Dec 30, 2021, 19:35

De Kock scores runs when you don’t need them and never scores when the pressure is on. His performances in WCs have been a huge part of our drop in form on those occasions.

Maternity leave….hell  give him a six month sabbatical. Or better yet tell him to come back when he is serious about contributing.

You need to Log in to reply.