Denny - is Warner going to last much longer in the Aussie team?

Forum » Cricket » Denny - is Warner going to last much longer in the Aussie team?

Jan 09, 2021, 12:31

He was poor in the two innings in the third test and was not hot in the IPL as well,   Became Nortje's bunny in the latter series,  The Aussies has so many youngsters coming through and knowing  their attitude  thy are not going to eprsist much longer with this 34 year-old. 

Jan 09, 2021, 14:01

Your guess is as good as mine but I suggest you're a bit harsh seeing he's been rushed back from injury after not having played played for a few weeks. His opening partner made his debut in the current test and Mathew Wade is on notice if he continues to play dumb shots, I have absolute trust in CA to make the necessary changes.

Jan 09, 2021, 14:49

Denny

I watched every game Warner was involved in in IPL and he was 90% flat in virtually all crucial games. he played in,    Hyderabad was in the play-offs - but Nortje made sure warner was out early and that was the end of Hyderabad's challenge,   Maybe I am a bit harsh, but his age counts against him.   Wade is no spring chicken either and I find it hard to believe that he is still in the Aussie team.

I view Cummins as the best Aussie bowler - but the bowling is really sound.   However, three of their bowlers are on the wrongs side of 30  - so  some problems may occur within the next 3 to 5 years.             

Jan 09, 2021, 21:58

Oh my gosh Mike.

Let me guess.

He’s lost form and is too old?

Jan 10, 2021, 01:03

Chippo losing form at that age is very hard to recover,    However it was merely a question I asked because the Aussies have brought  in a number of  new batsmen over  the last three years to replace players who lost form and  they seem to beer come back into the squad again.   ,  

You need to Log in to reply.