England kaking off big time.

Forum » Cricket » England kaking off big time.

Feb 25, 2021, 11:33

And it appears that Root's innings in the first game was an anomaly and that service had returned to normal for India.

This Indian team is beyond impressive. There doesn't seem to be any area where they are short. I shudder to think how embarrassed we'd be if we toured there now.

All this despite mine and Chippos wonder-boy not firing yet. Haha Chips...we jinxed the shit out of the poor guy.

When last were England bowled out for less than 120? 

I'm totally cool with India dominating the test scene for the next few years. It's well deserved. Many Proteas fans peg India as their 2nd favorite side and the opposite is true for lots of Indian fans too. Probably something to do with the series that followed our return to international cricket. 

Just some fun facts. I've hit a 57N/O on the first field were cricket was ever played. 

Feb 25, 2021, 11:49

...and as I say that, England nab two quick wickets.

I need to stop talking.

Feb 25, 2021, 17:52

India has always been a "Spinners" heaven.

Not sure if it is due to the climate or "Tampering" of the pitch.

Who really knows.

But a real "Whitewash" for England.

Two day test...think it requires further investigation.

Feb 26, 2021, 04:01

Nome of the English players in the IPL really showed top class performances in that competition.    For instance the teams where many English players are - Rajahstan Royals and Kolhatta Knight Riders - have not  reached the play-off stages  last year.     

Feb 26, 2021, 13:58

Was the pitch that bad though?

I mean, there was some turn but nothing out of this world.

Feb 26, 2021, 20:13

The English will obviously claim the pitch was unplayable but looking at the way players went out that was not the case,  India is obviously the better team in that series and  it showed in tyhe past two tests, 

Feb 27, 2021, 10:18

Agreed, Mike. 

Winning that easily while some of their big guns aren't firing.

Burmah did look off the boil to me and I now see that he's been granted leave for personal reasons. 

The ball did do some strange stuff though. Swerving and falling out of trajectory. And let's be honest, Root's spell was a one off. I guess that ball he got to keep now has a nice story to it.

"And one more record-breaking feat — it was the fewest runs conceded for a five-wicket haul by a spin bowler in Test history, beating the previous record held by Australians Michael Clarke and Tim May."

Mar 06, 2021, 09:47

England kaking off again.

This Indian team is very very good. 

England aren't a poor side but they are being made to look like school kids here.

Lekker India!!!

Mar 06, 2021, 15:00

Plum

I wrote a separate thread dealing with the Indian team.   There are very good reasons why theya re the best team in the world.   

Mar 06, 2021, 15:07

Thumped.

Mar 06, 2021, 16:51

I know a lot of posters don't believe me when I say that ou Maaik knows as little about cricket as he knows about rugby, but while I concede that it is hard to believe, just read ou Maaik's comments above and judge for yourself . . . 

"I are think in my objektiv and unbiased way that the English players did not perform in the IPL T20 cricket and that are why they are defishint in test cricket."

I mean, that is what he's saying, right?

Mar 06, 2021, 17:19

Agreed Rooi - anyone who defines a player or side based on T20 cricket knows fuck all about the game

Mike is cricket clueless

You need to Log in to reply.