England vs SA Invitation team - 50 overs matches - Paarl

Forum » Cricket » England vs SA Invitation team - 50 overs matches - Paarl

Jan 31, 2020, 10:41

England won the toss and decided to bat.   Funny things are happening here - after 8 overs he score is 39/3.   The out players are :-

*   Bairstow    -    4      off 4 balls

*   Root          -    0      off 1 ball

*   Morgan      -    0      off 3 balls

Don't know the bowlers at all - Tait took 2 wickets and Manack the other one.  

No commentary on the match  was forthcoming after over 8 - 5 balls coming out.  With 1 ball left in 9th over the score is 42/3.

After 20 overs the England score is 109/4.   Denly made 29 runs from 54 balls,   

Roy now has 67 runs from 62 balls. 

Score now 109/5 - Banton is out after making 3 runs from 15 balls ,  Bowler Nhlebela - his second wicket

Jan 31, 2020, 11:52

Nhlebela is very expensive - went for 37 runs from 6 overs.  

The score is now 137/6 -  Curran out 14 runs having faced 21 balls,   Bowler Mokgakane. . Ne batsman is Woakes.  Score after 27 overs 142/6.

Jan 31, 2020, 12:25

After 33 overs 183/6.  Swanepoel looks like a useful bowler as well.  Other bowlers are gvinga  away runs like it is Christmas in January,

Roy out for 104 runs from 99 balls - bowled by Dill.  Score 188/7 after 33 overs. 

TK Curran out - the score after 40 overs is 214/8.      

England all out for 240 in over 44,   

Jan 31, 2020, 13:34

Now we can look at the SA batsmen.   The two best bowlers were Tait and Swanepoel - will look out for them in future,  The other bowlers were bowling too many wides (ie inaccurate)  and were expensive. 

Jan 31, 2020, 16:43

As expected the batting  line-up is not up to standard.  The score is now 136/8.  Only one Batsman stood out - the 25 year old GJ Snyman scored 65 runs from 67 balls.  and looking at his profile it seems that he is a good batsman and his bowling stats looks god as well.   The Invitation team made 163 runs all out.  

So in summary  there are four youngsters who deserve a second look, namely -

*   bowlers    -    S Tait (23), B Swanepoel (21) and JG Dill (25)

*   batsman    -    G J Snyman (25)

Have  a look at their profiles and let me know what you think.  

Unfortunately all four are lily white, none of the other players did anything noteworthy,  

There is another England vs SA Invitational game tomorrow and I assume different players from the SA side will play.   Will check and see what happens.      

Feb 01, 2020, 12:50

The same SA team is playing - but there were no batting collapse of the English team  as happened in the game yesterday.   The score is 237 runs /2 - both wickets taken by Tait.   

Feb 01, 2020, 19:26

I am totally baffled - the English team made 346/7.   Tait took  4 of the 7 wickets,  The match was reduced to 30 overs and the SA Invitation side had to make 188 runs to win.   They made 193/7 with two balls  to spare. thus winning the match, 

The best batsmen were -

Sekhukhune      54   from 60 balls

Snyman             38   from  16 balls  =  3 sixes and 3 fours

Swanepoel         25   from  20 balls  

I still rate Tait, Snyman, Swanepoel and now add Sekhukune to the list.  Dill took a wicket, bit did not bat - he as very expensive though.           

Feb 01, 2020, 22:26

Put ‘em in the test team .....hahaha.

Feb 02, 2020, 09:20

Mozart

They were playing an English team holders of the WC - hahaha

No idea about cricket  as expected from Mozart in this case.   No team can win an ODI without =

*    a good  strike rate by the batters; and 

*    a good attack ability

Mozart has no idea about cricket - same as with rugby.

Information on the two curtain raisers were provided since the real ODI series is starting on Tuesday, 4 February 2020 and I was looking at the younger players with potential candidacy in future.  We will see what happens on Wednesday - a real test for the Proteas since the squad selected by SAC has serious deficiencies, 

Mozart - you will never learn ever.    The English played two warming up matches  before the start of the test series and they drew both,   So what happened in those two matches?   The SA batsmen in both put up a much better and more competitive show than the Proteas team did in the test series,   That showed how really poor the present test team is.   Would the same  happen in the ODI series as well?   That will indicate where we are heading and where we need strengthening,               

Feb 02, 2020, 18:04

Says the guy who so obviously has never played the game.

Feb 02, 2020, 18:05

Say the guy whose thinking ability about sport has stalled years ago.  Look at what I added as well,  

You need to Log in to reply.