Foot shooting Proteas

Forum » Cricket » Foot shooting Proteas

Jun 19, 2019, 17:12

The obvious answer to our batting has been .....elevate van der Dussen to open with Amla, play de Kock along with Millar as aggressive middle order bats.....and have the guts to include AB:

Amla.

Van der Dussen.

Faf.

AB.

Millar.

De Kock.

That's our best combination.....missed by sheer delusion and folly. The idea that de Kock was going to take the pressure of WC opening with his flawed technique....hoping Markam would magically come good at the WC....likewise Duminy. The refusal to deal with AB .

All stupid stuff, applauded by deluded fans....and another 4 years go by.

Jun 20, 2019, 02:45

Rabble

Jun 20, 2019, 02:55

So many different ways they could have won the match.....but we end with Phlek being carted for 6 by a man who was out once and should have been out another time. Classic Proteas.

Jun 20, 2019, 03:03

Their performance was true to my expectations......I'm not surprised, not one bit.

I repeatedly warned after the team was selected that it was the worst Protea team to represent at a CWC. 

It will be another 5-10 years before they show signs of a recovery.

Jun 20, 2019, 03:45

Remembering the days with Barlow, Pollock, Richards, Bland, Proctor, Peter Pollock....not this lot.

Jun 20, 2019, 04:35

Don't get me started....those guys were Icons....legends of the game. The dros that is now CSA could have used them........they had so much to give, instead they and the ANC, obsessed with race wiped a glorious history.

In contrast look at the Ozzies....Langer is head coach, CA co-opted Ponting to help him through the WC but then they also have Greg Chappell as a selector of the team. I ask you, how much intellectual property is in that trio?

Jun 20, 2019, 09:43

And score at the slowest strike rate ever,   Fact is if we look at the batting Amla reminds me of a game against Sri Lanka where he made a century protecting his wicket and the Proteas lost the game.       

The fact  is that the game was lost yesterday in the first ten overs - and any suggestion that Amla should stay on as opener is total and utter BS.   The attack is obviously on De Kock - while the real BS is hidden away,

The squad was wrong from the word go.    Why was Amla, Duminy and Steyn ever selected,   Amla made worthless runs at a slow rate.   After four games he made 80 runs facing 122 balls. Average per game 20 runs at a strike rate of  65,57 - totally useless.

Duminy was picked - but is unplayable.   Steyn was injured and was picked despite the injury.

So where are we here - listen to the age maniac going his normal idiotic route is an exercise in stupidity.    

Jun 20, 2019, 15:37

Funny stuff Tokkie....Amla scored as quickly as Markham and Faf.....and faster than Guptill. Hell he was only 3 runs short of Williamson's rate. Of course it's hard to compare with your man Quintie, because he never scored at all......hahaha!

Jun 20, 2019, 17:32

Mozart 

You are indeed talking total and utter crap.   Look at Amla's batting figures in all matches played - is an average of 20 runs per innings acceptable?   Is a score of 34 runs after ten innings acceptable in ODI matches?

Let us get to the point - when Denny and I suggested that Amla should not be in the squad for the WC - you nearly had a fit.   At the same time when it was factually clear that Van der Dussen should be selected 0 you similarly nearly had a seizure/

So give us the batting figures of Van der Dussen, Markram and De Kock for all games played and compare that with the performance of Amla.

Fact is this is the umpteenth WC in rugby and cricket where you supported the selection  based on reputation of total losers in the series and one wonders whether you ever learn a lesson from your repetitive BS.        

Jun 20, 2019, 18:41

You were talking about yesterday Poofter.....I answered you about Y....E...S....T....E...R...D...A..Y. You said he scored worthless runs.....if Amla never hung in there after Quintie's deer in the headlights innings I doubt we would have made 200. He made a match of it, which we could have won if de Kock figured out the player 4 ft in front of him had snicked the ball.....or if he simply supported his bowler.

Pathetic stuff from your man Poof.

And stop lying about van Dussen, I never questioned his place in the starting line up.

Jun 20, 2019, 22:08

Look here I refer to Amla's four games making 80 runs in total - that was for the series stupid.  Sure he got us to about 150    If it was not for the quick fire scoring opf the despised Van der Dussen and Miller that is where we would have been.  

Np you did suggest that he b dropped and replace by AB.   

Pathetic stuff FROM YOU.

Jun 20, 2019, 22:08

Look here I refer to Amla's four games making 80 runs in total - that was for the series stupid.  Sure he got us to about 150    If it was not for the quick fire scoring opf the despised Van der Dussen and Miller that is where we would have been.  

Np you did suggest that he b dropped and replace by AB.   

Pathetic stuff FROM YOU.

Jun 21, 2019, 03:00

Actually dumbass.... Amla has played in 5 games and scored 121 runs. Hard to debate with somebody who is so uninformed.

Jun 21, 2019, 16:13

You add the game he played in before the start of thee WC as well.   It is hard to get idiocy corrected dimness.   

By the way how many ODI's have you watched SA lose because of a piss poor batting strike rate?

I mentioned three over the last 8 months and all three was lost because Amla was protecting his wicker rather than scoring ruins at a reasonable rate.   Try again - Amla routinely flopped this year and no amount of hogwash by you would take that away.    

Jun 23, 2019, 04:21

England.....13.

India ....6.

West Indies....6.

Afghanistan....41.

New Zealand ......55.

No I don't add in the warm up games. What do youth think they add up to....huh?

Jun 23, 2019, 07:27

It is always amazing how Mozart's deluded mind works or does NOT work.   So lets look at this vigorous attack on De Kock and his bravado defense of Amla:-.

De Kock                      Amla        Markram

Runs made                     207                             121              100

Balls faced                     254                             207              138

Strike rate                      81,49                         59,02            72,46

Average                         34.50                         24,02             25

So De Kock is a hare in the headlights and Amla is not,  What a total idiot we have here.   Strike rate does not count, - fact is it does,

De Kock is very iffy - but still an asset,   Amla is real BS - even Markram  is an improvement on Amla - higher strike rate than Amla and even  better average.    

You need to Log in to reply.