I give up on SA cricket

Forum » Cricket » I give up on SA cricket

Jan 08, 2021, 14:42

Once again we see no young bats selected except Verreynne

What the fuck did Stuurman and M.Pretorious do while in the SL squad series that they have now been replaced by two other unknown seamers - what the fuck

One of the seamers turns 28 in two months - what’s the fucking point?

Useless Pretorious as an all rounder ahead of Andile is insulting

SA cricket are fucking clueless - what a crap squad selected to go to Pakistan

Jan 08, 2021, 16:00

Maybe andile is injured?

I’m quite happy with the squad.

Happy van Tonder is there.

Maybe one more apprentice would have been a good idea. But overall I’m happy

Jan 08, 2021, 16:16

Chippo

Van Tonder is not in the squad and what Hendriks is doing in the squad is the biggest mystery of all.    Baartman ahead of  M Pretorius is a mystery too.

As Dave said - I give up on that lot too.  The Pakistan tests would be a disaster - since none of the batsmen bar De Kock has shown any ability on sub-continent pitches.   Hamza did better than the rest of the batsmen combined when he played there,

Erasmus must shake his head in disbelief when he saw what the CSA selectors did,            

Jan 08, 2021, 16:38

It’s a crap squad - no forward thinking at all

Jan 08, 2021, 17:32

Dave

This is what one can call it - the game of cricket has not been f#cked by the finger of fate, but by the finger of quotas.  

I think that  players like Rabada, Sipamla  and  Ngidi would make the teams of the top 4 nations on merit - but for the rest  players like Hendriks. Baartman, and Petersen will struggle to make club sides in England. Australia and India.    

.I saw a replay of am 50 over match last year  where Petersen made 20 runs and faced 41 balls before he was out,   That is a no-no in such a game and showed batting deficiency o an alarming nature - but he is in the squad, nonetheless.,         He is no international quality player,     

If you look of the age of the players in the side - especially the newbies - then there is ZERO forward planning in the selections - you said that and I agree 100% .

Jan 10, 2021, 01:25

Apologies Mike

I thought I saw van Tonders name there.

You need to Log in to reply.