You need to LOG IN to reply.

I have now come to the realisation...

Forum » Cricket » I have now come to the realisation...

Jun 04, 2019, 13:52

We are just not meant to win a Cricket World Cup.
One of the most consistent ODI teams over the past 28 years... one would think that we'd at least make one of the finals.

But alas, the Gods have weighed down on us again..

Dale Steyn has been ruled out of the World Cup with a shoulder injury, under 24 hours before their clash against India on Wednesday. Left-arm quick Beuran Hendricks has been approved as his replacement by the ICC's Event Technical Committee of the World Cup.

Steyn had missed South Africa's first two games, against England and Bangladesh, after suffering a second shoulder injury which "has not responded to treatment and has ruled him out of bowling for the foreseeable future," according to a CSA release. The injury had also cut short his IPL campaign with Royal Challengers Bangalore.

Jun 04, 2019, 14:44

That is sad news about Dale Steyn. He would have added some much-needed confidence to the team.

Our already slim chances of making it into the knockouts are now looking non-existent.

Jun 05, 2019, 01:34

Sad news indeed about Dale but cricket being a team sport is never dependent on one particular player........the Protea problems I'm afraid to say are far more deep-rooted.

Jun 05, 2019, 09:46

Denny...

Most teams rely on 1 or 2 players.

India

England

West Indies (though I am super surprised by them of late)

So it isnt an issue that resonates only with us.

Jun 05, 2019, 10:13

"So it isnt an issue that resonates only with us."

Whoooosh!

Actually, I didn't say it was an issue......what I did say....ag never mind I know I'm wasting my time(sigh)

Jun 05, 2019, 11:04

Den, why are you being like that?

You are such a complex oke hey.

I was just trying to have a conversation with you.

You need to Log in to reply.