If de Ock and Bavuma would man up….

Forum » Cricket » If de Ock and Bavuma would man up….

Oct 30, 2022, 23:26

….and youngsters like Stubbs would grow up, we could win this WC. All three lost their wickets to stupid shots not warranted at those points in the game. They have to do better. No point in smashing Zim and flopping when it counts….you know who I mean.

Our fielding is first rate and our bowling attack as good as any team in the tournament. We still need to beat Pakistan, but we have better bowling.  This may be the Proteas chance.

Oct 31, 2022, 18:25

Totally agree with your comment mozart.

Stubbs was taken aside prior to batting (by I think a batting coach) as observed in the TV coverage of the game and perhaps given instruction when he was to bat.

Whatever advice he was given appeared to go nowhere as the shot he was out to was a real amature play at the very best.

But we need to get an opening pair that can bat and score a few runs in the first six overs.

In this last game they allowed over 20 DOT balls in the first six overs (36 balls) which places an enormous amount of pressure on the batters that follow at 3, 4 and 5.

De Kock is capable of scoring as an opener but is normally out to early.

We urgently need a new opening pair and a Captain  but unfortunately to late for this WC.

But thankfully Markram and Miller saved the day and ensure victory.

Plum must be pleased as Bavuma scored 10 runs.

But a great win for the boys.

Yes agree the Pakkie game is going to be the BIG GAME. 

Nov 01, 2022, 01:07

Miller has had many more explosive innings, but that may be the most professional innings I’ve seen him play. 

Nov 01, 2022, 07:46

Brevis smashed 162 locally, a ton of records, haha. 

Bavuma knows, he's a test cricketer, shucks. 

Nov 02, 2022, 16:00

If Mozart start concentrating on all matches then he would know that in the first two matches De Kock made ten times more runs than Bavuma did in  all three matches he played in.   De Kock had one poor match in the series Bavuma was a disaster in three matches played thus far.

Nov 02, 2022, 16:09

De Ock had one poor match….the only match that mattered.

Nov 02, 2022, 22:11

His time will come, even AB and Kallis flopped in big matches...Gibbs and Smith too...and they stood to be counted in others...Kokkie won us matches we should have drawn or lost...he's part of the team and a good bloke, why can't you cut him some wee slack?...using him as a stick to beat on ole Maaik is unfair on all three of you.

Nov 03, 2022, 05:56

....Bavuma would man up

Another ignorant and stupid comment from our resident NoF'allabout cricket. It has nothing to do with the dwarf manning up....it has everything to do with him being...

a) Out of form

b) Playing in an unsuited version of the game......he's a red ball player even though he's a poor one.

c) Doesn't have the skills for T20

d) too old....he's time is over not that it ever started

e) a Quota

Stop embarrassing yourself, cricket is not your go, stick to being a Grammar Nazi or post that algorithm chestnut.....Integrate your nuts X2 and oh De Ock leaves a gap, De Ock can't hit a moving ball.

Mind you, if one strips those comments from your thousands of posts then you really contribute zero in the cricket forum.

And oh before you rollout your sly and predictable BS justifying the dwarf's selection.....remember how and out of form Donald was dumped and replaced by some nondescript Quota at a ODIWC? 

How the inform Kyle Abbot was dumped for Vernon Philander coming back from injury?

I'm never sure whether to laugh or cry when I read your bollocks but the below one on Blessings sure made me cry with laughter. What a memorable cricket post.

See the source image

Nov 03, 2022, 09:05

Dense, Moffie wouldn't know which end of the bat to hold if you gave him one.

It's painfully obvious. The pretentious, ignorant and embarrassing rubbish that he posts on this board is pretty much the same as his efforts on the rugby board. He gets just as petty and biased about individual players in his never-ending crusade to prove to everyone how wonderful he is . . . when it's so obvious he never played a game of cricket or rugby in his life.

Anyway, I find myself starting to believe the Proteas can finally win a major tournament. I know that's ignoring one of the basic laws of sport (the other being that England will never bring the FIFA WC home . . . which I'm ignoring as well!) but I look at our much improved batting where key players have all made runs . . . QdK, Rossouw, Miller, Markram . . . we have the best seam attack in the tournament and we're the only unbeaten side.

C'mon Proteas! 

PS Great win by Gold Trip in the Melbourne Cup!  

Nov 03, 2022, 09:28

Great post, some positive energy as opposed to his nauseating, boring and acrimonious drivel which is joyfully swallowed by his Suck-ups. 

Laid a bet on the Proteas when they were 12/1 but as I've said, a lot depends on the selections, Bavuma has to go, Marco Jansen has to come into the side and they needed to have selected the one man who can deliver.....Dewald Brevis. Single handedly he owned the WC.

Unfortunately, the enemy within is a bigger threat than the one we face.

If you ever decide to visit Oz make sure it's during our spring carnival, you'd also be able to take in a test at the MCG....it really is a great time of the year. That's apart from spectacular Sydney.

Nov 03, 2022, 10:20

Pakistan 4/1  Parnell takes wkt in his first  over .

Nov 03, 2022, 10:21

Hard to find a spot for Jansen right now unless you go all seam.

Rizwan gone. 4/1.

Nov 03, 2022, 10:24

Bwhahaha 

This is an immeasurably rich comment coming from our resident gender-neutral weirdo...

"Another ignorant and stupid comment from our resident NoF'allabout cricket."

Nov 03, 2022, 10:28

We need to get Haris soon!

Nov 03, 2022, 10:29

Uh-oh . . . ButtPlug is here, determined to drag the cricket discussion down to his spiteful and childish level. Pity.

Nov 03, 2022, 10:29

hi RooiBalls

xoxo

Nov 03, 2022, 10:31

Hey Rooi, fancy helping Dentsie out with the very basic batting question that I posed to him on "Dentsie's cricket education thread"?

Nov 03, 2022, 10:38

Amazing how ButtPlug has become so much like his master since he assumed the role of Alpha-Gimp.

"Hey everyone, look at this thread where I said this and the other guy said that and I was right and he was wrong. I'm so clever. He's so stupid, nyaah nyaah nyaah!"

If you have nothing to say about the game then rather shut up, ButtPlug. 

Thank goodness Haris is out! He was looking threatening.

40/2.

Nov 03, 2022, 10:39

Hope we don't miss Miller in this game but Klaassen is not a bad replacement.

Nov 03, 2022, 10:41

There goes Azam!

40/3.

Come on Chokeas . . . sorry, Proteas!!!

Nov 03, 2022, 10:48

43/4. We're crushing this!

Nov 03, 2022, 10:55

QdK drops Iftikhar. Hope that's not expensive . . .

Nov 03, 2022, 11:04

ButtPlug desperately seeking attention......and like his Master drags the forum down.

Pakistan is a good side and Babar Azam is a top player, makes me wonder just how good are the Proteas.

Nov 03, 2022, 11:09

No question this is a very good Proteas side. Drop Bavuma for Brevis and we have a potential champion team.

Nov 03, 2022, 11:30

Well i do have something to add concerning the game, Rooiballs.

Proteas to lose by 40-60 runs.

Nov 03, 2022, 11:36

That dropped catch is costing us. Also, Bavuma should have given Nortje another over or even bowled his full spell when we had them on their knees.

Nov 03, 2022, 11:49

We've lost the plot. They're going to get 190.

If the rain continues it should help us. D/L favours the side batting second.

Nov 03, 2022, 11:53

As I say that, we take three wickets in three balls. What a catch by Rilee Rossouw!

Nov 03, 2022, 11:58

185/9.

That's a tough task now, especially without Miller.

To think we had them at 43/4!

Nov 03, 2022, 12:10

Not looking good, you're right we had them on toast but somehow let it slip. 

Looks like a 190-200 wicket to me, I'm not convinced that it was a good idea to drop the in form Miller unless there's something wrong with him. On top of that Bavuma doesn't inspire having done nothing thus far. Can they win with four batsmen?

Nov 03, 2022, 12:13

De Kock out. Moffie will be celebrating!

Nov 03, 2022, 12:13

Miller had a back spasm.

Nov 03, 2022, 12:18

Quintie fails in a pressure game once again...

Nov 03, 2022, 12:20

Yup . . . the Quinton-bashers are loving this! It's a like a win for them. They'd rather stick their tongues out and say "I told you so" than see the Proteas win the game.

Come on Proteas! 

Nov 03, 2022, 12:22

Lol

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Bavuma and Markram win us the game?

Nov 03, 2022, 12:23

Nope, I'd prefer the Proteas to win, but you can't deny that Quintie is a front-runner.

He does indeed fail too often in pressure games.

Nov 03, 2022, 12:29

Quintie fails in a pressure game once again...

ButtPlug echoing his Master. 

What a Suck-up.

Nov 03, 2022, 12:42

Temba is stepping up. Cometh the hour cometh the man? We'll see.

Come on Proteas!

Nov 03, 2022, 12:45

Nope, Temba is gone.

65/3.

Nov 03, 2022, 12:48

Uh-oh . . . Markram gone.

ButtPlug and Moffie are cheering now!

Nov 03, 2022, 12:51

Lol Denstise...perhaps you'd like to look through the cricket post history here.

I have been calling Quintie a front-runner for over 3 years now.

You tit!

Nov 03, 2022, 12:56

Here comes the rain and we're 16 runs behind D/L.

Look on the bright side, assuming we beat the Netherlands, a loss today could see us vs New Zealand in the semifinal rather than vs Australia or England. I'll take that!

Nov 03, 2022, 12:58

Stop following me, your Master will  soon be here.

You've also called Reeza Hendricks world class for 8 years.

Geeeeez here we go my worst nightmare being stuck with the Suck-up.

Nov 03, 2022, 13:39

Covers coming off. Can Klaassen and Stubbs pull off a miracle?

Time for caution to the wind. Get to the required D/L score as soon as possible and try keep pace. Parnell and Rabada can both bat a bit so we can still gamble.

Nov 03, 2022, 13:45

6 overs lost. We need 73 off 30 balls

Nov 03, 2022, 13:50

Rooi, telling you, the team needs an additional big hitter and that man is Jansen. He is in my judgement in the same mould as Klusener. A quick hard hitter with great composure.

Nov 03, 2022, 14:11

41 required off 9 . . . we're dead!

Nov 03, 2022, 14:17

Plum's crystal ball strikes again.

Was hoping I would be wrong but alas.

Bavuma, Markram and Quintie...the experienced hands in the Proteas failing again.

Nov 03, 2022, 14:20

"Look on the bright side, assuming we beat the Netherlands, a loss today could see us vs New Zealand in the semifinal rather than vs Australia or England. I'll take that!"

Correct.

Short-format cricket sucks anyway.

Tests are where it's at.

Nov 03, 2022, 15:03

Not the result I was hoping for but we missed the Two "M's" in the team that took to the field.

The 7th over was a game changer for the Proteas.

But we should still make the semi's I hope.

That is if rain does not decide the last game against the Netherlands and that we pick up both points.

But once more a poor opening first six overs.

Nov 03, 2022, 16:54

Well there you have it Ock misses a hard catch that changed the Pakistani innings and then makes a duck. Actually before he holed out for nothing, he could have been bowled or played on, the little fellow totally choked again.

And Peeper and Quisling disappear red faced and in tatters again. And I don’t believe either of them ever played the game.

Nov 03, 2022, 18:03

It is indeed disappointing  to see our top rated batsman constantly failing in crucial limited over games.

Is it pressure on them to perform or are most test cricket players ?

Some changes are required but the issue is who is going to make these changes and when.

But I wish them all the luck and hope they at least make the final.

Nov 04, 2022, 05:15

Some changes are required but the issue is who is going to make these changes and when.

Agreed but there's no depth in the back up, Hendricks for Bavuma is the best there is, in their wisdom they left the one player who would have made a difference out of the squad.

Going forward my team hasn't changed...

1) Hendricks

2) Quinton

3) Riley

4) Markram

5) Miller

6) Stubbs

7) Jansen

8) Maharaj

9)Rabada

10) Ngidi

11) Nortje

Nov 04, 2022, 19:03

#5 and #8 missed the game for some reason and I agree on #1.

At least he is capable of making a few runs in the first few overs.

I like Jansen as well but Parnell has delivered with he ball and has scored a few runs.

The problem with the batting is the top order who fail consistently and then the middle and lower order batsmen are required to swing the willow in an attempt to save the game.

Poor start normally ends in a loss.

Nov 05, 2022, 02:43

Marco Jansen should have been there from the start, he is twice the player Parnell could ever be but my other concern is Rabada, brilliant in the field but as the #1 strike bowler not so with the ball....not so far anyway. I've never been a Shamsi fan, Maharaj is world class and can bat.....Shamsi is not. T20 is all about big hitting and Maharaj is a fearless big hitter, we've seen it many times.

Nov 05, 2022, 04:56

But two days ago you said:

Agree Draad, Parnell has stepped up big time, his improvement is impressive. I used to be one of his biggest critics but throughout every series this year his performance has proven to be consistently good.’

See the source image

You need to Log in to reply.