It's time to.....

Forum » Cricket » It's time to.....

Jan 20, 2020, 00:44

surrender, the Proteas are going nowhere with a bunch of inept 29/30 year olds, not saying that a younger group will turn their fortunes around but the old adage kicks in...."you cannot teach an old dog new tricks."

The writing is on the wall, spitting in the faces of anyone who dares to look, the current team is finish and Klaar.....useless....has no future.

I would select the best on averages in domestic cricket with the emphasis on youth so as to build for the future starting with a clean slate. They should be given a fair chance but the selectors should be ready to replace them if after a given period they fail to deliver.

Elgar

Malan

Hamza

Der Dussen

Pretorius

Paterson

Hendricks

Faf should be retained for his captaincy.

Now let's pray.

Jan 20, 2020, 07:33

Paterson, Hamza....those are the first two who should go. Nortje is the only new player this year who looks like he has a prayer of being a success.

Jan 20, 2020, 07:46

Why waste any more time, ain't nothin to lose:'(

Years ago the had a bowler by the name of Wayne Parnell.....dog's balls......did they hang onto him!

The only impact those losers are going to make is in the negative, it's just a matter of time before they go, I say go now.

They really should get the clueless ANC Sports Committee to pick the team instead of getting others to do their dirty work.

Jan 20, 2020, 09:57

Mozart  thinks that Du Plessis and Elgar were roaring successes and that is the fools paradise he lives in.  

Denny is correct - the ANC has agents in the Selection Committee selecting the team and the result is a disaster.  

The much criticized by Mozart and co Erasmus was clever - he had the ANC by the balls when he selected Kolisi as captain - but missed the selection target set by the ANC.   So what happened - they lost the battle before they started and Kolisi supported him all out in what he did,   The ANC may try a fightback on the selection of the rugby coaches - but that is likely to be unsuccessful as well.   

Be it as it may - the  ANC agents serving  on the selection committee should get the boot and Boucher and Smith should take the strong position of telling SAC they are leaving unless they have the final say in team selection and strategy.   Otherwise they are destroying themselves in future cricket activity.           

Jan 20, 2020, 11:29

"Denny is correct - the ANC has agents in the Selection Committee selecting the team and the result is a disaster."

Where exactly did I say that? Don't put words into my mouth....now no ducking or diving, just put up or shut up. It's time you took ownership of your BS.

Jan 20, 2020, 12:01

I just added up what you wrote when you said:- 

"They really should get the clueless ANC Sports Committee to pick the team instead of getting others to do their dirty work."

Sorry if I misinterpreted what you wrote yourself.  

Jan 20, 2020, 12:11

What I wrote myself????

"What I wrote myself" does not refer to the CSA selectors.......it refers to the politicians who form the ANC Sports Portfolio Committee.

That's exactly "what I wrote myself"

The next question is how on earth would you know whether CSA selectors are ANC agents.

Naaah, it's ok I don't need a response loaded with more BS.

Jan 20, 2020, 12:20

Just making logical deductions Denny, since the team is selected by the Selection Committee    Sorry if I offended you. 

Jan 20, 2020, 12:55

Mike....there is absolutely nothing logical in your deduction. You read my post without reading and jumped to your own conclusion.

End of.

Jan 20, 2020, 13:39

I did apologize - did I not?

Jan 21, 2020, 14:39

1) Pieter Malan 2) Dean Elgar 3) Marnus Labuschagne 4) Rassie vd Dussen 5) Temba Bavuma 6) Quinton de Kock C 7) Dwaine Pretorius 8) Simon Harmer 9) Kagiso Rabada 10) Anrich Nortje 11) Lungi Ngidi

Jan 21, 2020, 15:01

You fucking clueless idiot 

Jan 21, 2020, 18:10

I would start facing in younger players, especially replacing the players who was not hot un the batting department,    Elgar had one  good score  followed by 5 below par to poor ones.  Senior consideration should be given to his future,   I would give him one more test,  Another below par test and he should be replaced,  

As to Malan - we know by now he is not really test material - so lets try his brother and see what he can do,  

I would try Petersen at three,

The passenger in the team is FAF - there is no  way he can  improve in future.  Wish he can be out of the next test, bit I am afraid that is one step too far to not play him,  Almost wish he gets  a temporary in in the wrong place,  If that happens I will play Van der Dussen at 4 and Jamza at 5 

1   Elgar
2   J Malan
3   Petersen
4   Van der Dussen
5   Hamza
6   De Kock          

Jan 21, 2020, 18:28

No Rassie and Elgar must go and there are younger options than Pietersen 

Markram at 4, Richards to open with Janneman and Verreyne instead of Pietersen

I’d go

1. Janneman Malan

2. Richards

3. van Tonder

4. Markram (c)

5. Verreyne

6. de Kock

7. Andile

8. Marharaj

9. Rabada

10. Nortje

11. Ngidi 

Jan 21, 2020, 20:17

You fucking clueless idiot

Jan 21, 2020, 20:55

All the fuckwits are coming out of hibernation 

Sonny who?

Jan 22, 2020, 00:52

Dave 

In the main I agree with you - but Rabada has been banned for one match due to excessive demonstration of Root in the last test,    I would also prefer that Elgar with his 1 good and  5 unacceptable innings and Van der Dussen.slightly better performances - also had 4 out of 6 questionable innings.

I am not impressed by any of the batsman against England this far - but De Kock made 4 50;a out of 6 innings is acceptable.   Obviously Mozart blames only De Kick for the batting problems of the team.   

I think your team would in fact be a vast improvement on the present shambles.        

Jan 22, 2020, 01:26

De Kick ? Nah I wouldn't go that far .....just not De Lock.

But I love your logic when you say Malan has shown he isn't test material, but you retain Hamza. Man you are one thick drol.

Jan 22, 2020, 03:20

Hamza is not the opening batsman - but became virtually such because of flops by the opening batsmen.   That is why to give the player a reasonable time to prove himself  he should be given another chance.

In any event Hamza has potential as a relatively young player to find his feet on test level, Marai at 30 will be worse than Faf is at present in another year or two.  Anyway Am;a was no better in his first five tests and he became a top class batsman.  Why not afford Hamza a similar opportunity?      .    

Jan 22, 2020, 07:53

You make a valid point.

You need to Log in to reply.