Janneman Malan

Forum » Cricket » Janneman Malan

Mar 04, 2020, 21:06

That was very impressive, he looks the business

It shows we do have young talented bats worth investing in

Mar 05, 2020, 03:42

Janneman Malan epitomizes what you, myself and Mike have been tirelessly crying out for....youth(23 years) a good domestic average(42%) and going forward he has a world cup or two at his feet.

Mar 05, 2020, 05:08

‘Tirelessly crying out for’....gosh how melodramatic.  But tell me what does a Domestic average of 42% mean?

Mar 05, 2020, 06:08

Well it means that he is better than Faf, Smuts and the other duds that we had all summer long.   

Mar 05, 2020, 06:38

It certainly seems so...but 2 days ago you were telling us that player was Verreyne and before that Hamza  and before that Markram. Perhaps  we better wait and see if he repeats.

Mar 05, 2020, 12:47

Malan’s domestic 4 day average is over 50

Markram is going nowhere he is pure class too good not to come back strong

Mar 05, 2020, 13:09

Malan's ODI average is just over 42 so it begs the question why he wasn't an earlier pick.

Mar 05, 2020, 13:41

The selections as per normal was made by a Committee with no real insight on the issue and  I think that Boucher and Smith is now beginning to force them to pick players who are really performers and future international players,    

Mar 05, 2020, 13:52

No Mozart

You are talking tripe as per normal.   When we told you that it is not wise to include Amla in the WC squad and suggested changes you went ballistic,   So with a strike rate of 64 Amla caused us to loose matches - but that goes beyond your level of understanding of ODI cricket.

I have referred to a number of younger cricketers to consider for the future,  Hamza was one of them - but he had quite a few opportunities and never secured his place really in the squad.  Verreinne remains one of the better prospects in SA cricket and  the fact that he is still very inexperienced on international level does not mean that anybody should condemn him after just one poor effort.   You are the only person  who does that type of stupidity, 

Verreinne remains on my list of younger players to be given opportunities to develop as international players,   Malan was always n that list and I would also look at Snyman and  Va Tonder as well.   

Mar 05, 2020, 17:36

Oh so it was an average of 42....not a %......pity you couldn’t just clarify and had to sneak it into another post. No matter it’s part of an emerging passive/aggressive style.

Wanker think about it this way, maximum pressure on these youngsters is after they have had a few miscues. It happens to them all. At that point they either prove they belong or fold under the pressure. 

So all this hysterical ‘I told you so’ bs is way premature. Let’s wait to see if they can produce in a tight ODI  in Kolkata.

That said Malan and Verreyne look like decent test prospects. Markram by contrast has been folding under the pressure.

Mar 05, 2020, 18:32

Markram was not folding under pressure he was just in shit form like the rest of the SA bats other than de Kock

He will be back and he’ll be making you eat your words for years to come

There are bats that appear every now and again like Kallis, AB, Amla (eventually), Gibbs, Cullinan, Smith etc that just have it - Markram is one of those

Beautiful technique but above all the right temperament

Mar 05, 2020, 18:56

Pleased to see that the powers that be made the decision to select Malan finally.

Perhaps the original reason for his selection delay was that the selectors were hoping that the  Markram pair would eventually deliver but sadly did not.

Other opening combinations also failed to perform and yes Malan did come good but it is still early days and we can only trust that his performance is repeated regularly.

Miller also deserves some mention as he has done a fine job in increasing the scoring rate.

Mar 05, 2020, 18:59

Handsome is as handsome does...so far in 24 ODI innings Markram has a strike rate of 85 for an average of 28. Hardly earth shattering.

Mar 06, 2020, 02:16

A strike rate of 88 is fine - the rate of Amla of 64 in the WC series was a disaster,     

You need to Log in to reply.