Legends accused of racism

Forum » Cricket » Legends accused of racism

Dec 23, 2021, 17:10

So AB, Smith and Boucher have been accused of racism because they did not select the utterly useless Tsolikele to replace the injured Boucher as a keeper but instead opted for AB to take the gloves.

Then there was the utterly useless Zondo not selected in an ODI by AB, who opted to play Elgar instead.

What the fuck have these non selections got to do with race, when the players in question were so damn useless?

Who the fuck would choose Tsolikele, who could not bat, over the option of asking AB to take the gloves - no brainer

Same applies to Zondo vs Elgar - despite Elgar being no obvious ODI player he was still a better option than useless Zondo

What a joke

Dec 23, 2021, 17:39

Dave unfortunately the ANC and their followers play the race card at every opportunity.

If they do not get their way they yell "Racism" and call all parties "Bigots" in a desperate attempt to hide their own racist and bigot agendas.

Unfortunately this is evident in all sport and countries around the world.

Just observe some of the claims made against top cricketer in the UK recently.

Not sure if the accusers are after cash or what but it smells.

Dec 23, 2021, 18:07

Got to love the fact that the main accuser in the UK was exposed for his anti Semitic views

Hypocritical prick

Dec 23, 2021, 21:01

There are cases where useless players were included- eg the selection of  the injured Vernon Philander - which in the end caused the loss of the match.   The approach was clearly racist and  that was the main reason why AB stopped playing international cricket earlier than expected.   

There is a string useless players in the Protea squad at present purely selected based on race.    The selectors, Smith and Boucher dare not object to the selections because they would be called racists  and that is what is killing the team at present.

in the meantime the  better White players are left out and when they move to other countries they became part of their teams because of natural talent.                  

Dec 24, 2021, 01:47

Unfortunately Mike there are a host of white players in the squad who are equally shit, especially as test players

Rassie

Elgar

Pretorious

Morris

Bottom line is SA cricket and Boucher have no idea who should be playing or what constitutes a good 11

We are once again going to witness Verreynne denied a spot in the test line up and why on earth is v Tonder and Janneman not in the squad

Dec 24, 2021, 04:14

Guys,

Give the HRC a break. They need to find some way to justify their paycheques.

If not for listening to little wankers blame racism for their lack of skill, what on earth would they do? Earn non-taxpayer money? Don’t be ridiculous.

PS a recent survey found whites in SA to be far and away the biggest victims of racism.

Dec 24, 2021, 04:24

By the way Nortje wll not play in the test series as he is out with an injury.   The obvious replacement will be Olivier - but he is unlikely to be selected because of the racism story.    

Dec 24, 2021, 09:22

Ja well on the positive side Duanne Olivier and the rookies Marco Jensen, Kyle Verryenne and Wiaam Mulder are in the squad. All of them are white. The better seam attack would have been Olivier, Rabada and Nortje with either Jensen or Mulder as the allrounder. Nortje's absence is a telling blow.

Question is can the batting line up crack the 300 barrier?

Dec 24, 2021, 11:38

Our batting line up is crap especially considering Verreynne won’t make it

I only rate Markram and de Kock in our top 6

Dec 24, 2021, 11:51

Bowling Id go with Rabada, Ngidi and Jansen as he is the future

Dec 24, 2021, 12:39

Why are we discussing a seam attack when recent history has shown that we’d be far better off relying more on spin?

I suppose that the team is being selected on what has worked historically for us on our pitches.

Two front line spinners & two part timers, with two seamers would be the route I’d go.

Dec 25, 2021, 01:37

We only have one worthy spinner in Maharaj the rest are crap so we have to stick to our strength which is seam

But our bowling is not the issue, the issue is the fact that not one of our test batsmen average over 40

That stat is a disgrace and says it all

In our batting line up the only 2 I would retain are Markram and de Kock - I’d dump the rest as they are all over 30 and have poor test averages

Move on I say

Dec 25, 2021, 03:53

I guess you haven’t seen Shamsi bowl. He was ranked 1 in the world in T20 earlier this year.

One doesn’t achieve that by being crap.

At least if we get the bowling right, it will make the inevitable failures in our batting less evident.

Quotas quotas and more quotas.

One can only laugh at this pathetic country we live in.

You need to Log in to reply.