Marco & Duan Jansen

Forum » Cricket » Marco & Duan Jansen

Jan 15, 2021, 17:22

What are these twins like. I hear they are tall lanky quicks who can bat. 20 year olds

Marco is in the tour squad to Pakistan

Jan 15, 2021, 17:46

The two are virtual unknowns  on the cricket scene since they played for the North West team and that level of cricket is rarely covered in the media and never shown on TV,   

From what I have seen of Baarttman on TV how he came to be in the squad is a miracle.   Jansen cannot be worst than he is,   I am surprised that Jansen was selected ahead of Coetzee who really was the class bowler in the Under 19 WC during the last two series.

One can never understand the selection practices in cricket  in SA so this one is mysterious too,  Even the ESPN profile is vague on both.

Hope somebody can enlighten us on those tow youngsters,\,          

Jan 15, 2021, 18:07

YouTube footage of Duan Jansen looks pretty impressive. He is very tall and thin and is a left arm quick.

They showed him batting as well and he has all the shots in the book

So time will tell. He will not play in Pakistan but people must rate him to see him selected after only 8 first class games

Jan 15, 2021, 18:07

They were so hyped about 2 years ago.

Then I got to watch Marco who is apparently the more gifted if the two.

Very tall. Very lean. Bowls about 120km. Bowling all rounder.

Really didn’t look like he was anything special.

I hope they improve as it would be lovely to have a left arm quick who can bat a bit. Like Mitch Starc.

Jan 15, 2021, 18:09

Sorry I may be mixing the two up. Not sure if it was Marco or Duan.

Needless to say. He didn’t look crap. But nothing special.

I agree regarding GC. He looks power.

Jan 15, 2021, 18:55

All I can make out is that he is one of the  Alan Donald trainees..     

Jan 15, 2021, 19:40

The footage on YouTube looks a lot quicker than 120kph

Time will tell

Coetzee looked the real deal not sure why one of the Jansens is ahead of him but then again our selectors have been nothing short of short sighted and useless

You need to Log in to reply.