Momentum Cup Update - Dolphins vs Titans - 14 January 2021

Forum » Cricket » Momentum Cup Update - Dolphins vs Titans - 14 January 2021

Jan 13, 2021, 08:14

As promised I am looking at the more promising younger players and in this  case of this game there is only one player involved that I am following and that is Andries Gouws,   However for continuation purposes I am retaining the names pf all the players and their latest performances

I may add Snyman to the list depending on his performance today/.

M Ackerman 

The bowling attack of the Knights in the main consist of spin bowling and Ackeraman  struggled badly facing the Knights spinners - especially Snyman - and as out for 1 run facing 13 balls,  

So far 19 runs in two games

Roelofsen 

This guy is phenomenal - he scored 92 runs at 5,7 rpo,;

So far  has 157 runs in two innings batted at an average of 78,5.

Andile 

Like yesterday Andile struggled in the batting initially,   He had 6 runs from 11 balls when he hits the ball high up into the sky and when it came down the bowler missed a simple catch. In this process he made two runs    He did hit the next ball bowled by the same bowler for 6 - but thereafter he made only 1 run from 3 balls and was out with his score at 15 - rather a substandard show.

Andile so far took no wickets and was extremely expensive in his bowling today.   Yesterday they gave him 6,3 overs to bowl  - today it was only 6 overs since he was so poor they would not give him anymore - in the 6 overs he gave away 44 runs

I am not sure  if there is not a physical problem here,   He looked rather fatter than he used top be.  

So far he has scored 67 runs in two games and took no wickets in the 12,3 overs he bowled 

De Swardt

He made 36 runs this innings and looked good in batting - was given out with a ball that hit his pads outside of the leg stump and would have missed the stumps - bad umpire decision.   Took two more wickets and ran out Behardien - as well as making two catches,  

So far he scored 46 runs and took 5 wickets. 

Miller

Unlike the game yesterday when he was out for a duck - he made 57 runs today,   Showed ability against the mostly spin attack of the Knights,

So far scored 57 runs in two games played  

Gous  -  to be updated

I decided  to keep a look out for this player ass well - despite his 27 years of age,   A good batsman with the necessary strike rate.   He scored 56 runs today from the 61 balls he faced.

Baartman is in the national test squad,    I have not seen him bowling before - but if it is  anything like it was in the two Momentum games he played in thus far, his selection for the tour to Pakistan is farcical.         

The next update will ne on 15 January 2021 - when the Dolphins play the Knights       

You need to Log in to reply.