You need to LOG IN to reply.

More bad news..

Forum » Cricket » More bad news..

May 03, 2019, 12:32

Rabada has joined Steyn on the injured list. Rabada had to withdraw from last night's game with a back problem and is on his way back to SA.

May 03, 2019, 13:10

he has a back strain and that normally does not allow for a lengthy absence from the game.   

I was happy with the performance last night of De Kock - scoring 67 not out from 52 balls.  He is the top Mumbai run scorer and helped Mumabai top be the second on the log position.   Will be paid a huge salary for next year as well - something like $2 million. 

Tee comp is near its end  - only one round robin match remaining and then the play-offs.      

May 07, 2019, 00:18

Still not good Mike, just remember he'll be bowling longer spells in the 50 over WC. I know you don't rate Steyn but I do, I reckon he'll be a major loss.

May 07, 2019, 01:00

Mark my words, they'll all be fit.

This is a beautiful ploy by management to preserve their stocks.

... I pray I am right.

May 07, 2019, 01:09

Oh dear....

May 07, 2019, 01:12

??? Why oh dear? It happens daily, most notably in soccer.

Rabada and Steyn along with Ngidi are our spearheads.

The conspiracy side of me says it can't all be coincidence that all 3 of them are on the doctors bed just weeks before the CWC.

May 07, 2019, 01:23

Nope. I think it's true and it's wishful thinking that they're in good health. I mean who is there to fool? It's not like the Proteas are overwhelming favorites to win the WC. The general feeling is that they'll be lucky to get out of their pool.

Mate, do you seriously believe the Proteas are or can win the WC?

Maybe, just maybe I have it wrong.

May 07, 2019, 09:45

"Mate, do you seriously believe the Proteas are or can win the WC?"

Funnier things have happened.

Maybe the absence of AB is a blessing in disguise.

It may be a good thing not having a "banker" in the team.

If Markram can come good, QdK continues his lovely form and Faf can scratch around for his well played 70, we are in with a chance.

I truly respect Faf's leadership.

I love that hard nosed Afrikaans attitude that he poseses. It reminds me of Hansie in many ways.

You need to Log in to reply.