Moz

Forum » Cricket » Moz

Oct 06, 2019, 02:39

I know you're a critic of De Kock's batting technique hence the reason for this post. Have a look at him now, I believe technically he's a much improved batsman. His feet is following the ball and his body gets into a nice low down position.

Thoughts? 

Oct 07, 2019, 00:20

His body gets into a nice low down position - what the fuck is that?

Classic Denise - you are a class act

To your credit, your cricket knowledge is far superior to your rugby knowledge!!!

Oct 07, 2019, 00:45

LOL.

Don't you know Saffex? A nice low down position.

For when he goes into contact!

Denny learnt that in the Ernie Els Book of Cricket.

Oct 07, 2019, 00:52

Yes Chip, as demonstrated here...

Fuck I am in tears!

Oct 07, 2019, 00:56

It’s sounds more like the Rob Kempson book of cricket

Going low into contact.......

for a scrum engage!!!

I’m sure Denise knows something about something...,,maybe hilltop navigation or breaching fences!!

Oct 07, 2019, 01:47

erm umm My "learned" friends, allow me, technique is all important in cricket and some survive without it and make it to the top but most don't. What I'm saying is that De Kock as Moz pointed out left a gap between pad and bat, that flaw I feel has now been addressed with better footwork. Now whether he has changed his technique to suit the low bouncing Indian wickets is a matter of opinion but in my opinion he has changed his approach from a more upright stance and deliver, to a more balanced approach off the front foot. Indian top order batsmen over the decades have consistently shown themselves as fine examples of the same technique. It is physically impossible to be balanced standing up straight. To get to the next level a batsman has to make slight alterations to his technique, fine examples of this was Hashim Amla and Steve Smith. De Kock I feel has now joined them.

Lesson 1 is over for today.

Class dismissed.

Oct 07, 2019, 14:03

Ah ok tell that to Barry Richards and Kallis.

The only issue de Kock has ever had which many lefties do is a tendency to play across the ball. Graeme Smith was the worst culprit.

But I’m loving the body in a nice low down position theory - it’s classic

Keep up the good work - I can’t wait for the lesson 2 instalment

Oct 07, 2019, 15:13

Being bowled through the gate is about not getting your leg in the right position and also playing the ball in front of your body instead of under your head. Of course, playing across the line will cause it as well, but you shouldn't be doing that anyway...so they say.

In fact, getting low is a problem all on its own. LBW - because you fall over to the offside and your leg is planted as you do so. You're less able to read length when you set up low. Left-handers are naturally targeted for LBW more. You see the problem.

Leaning into a shot is not the same as having a low set up posture. Just saying.

Head still and play late. It's antibiotics to batting maladies.

Oct 07, 2019, 15:58

Don’t worry Plum, Denise is an authority - we are in safe hands.

I’ve asked for a lesson on centre play as well as apparently it’s an easy art

Oct 07, 2019, 20:36

Plum

Did you watch De Kock bat in the first innings and if you did can you tell me how he got out?

tx.

Oct 07, 2019, 22:46

I didn't see the game Denny.

How'd he get out?

Oct 08, 2019, 05:56

Didn't think so. I'm delighted to say it has to be his best innings ever, classic strokeplay, and  I love classic, Kallis like or if you prefer a left hander, Mike Hussey like. I like De Kock M2.

This from a cricket scribe......

De Kock adopted his usual aggressive approach, showing great timing with classy drives as the runs flowed and the wicketkeeper-batsman raced to 50 in 79 balls

Don't forget this was after several hours of wicket keeping on a dead wicket favouring good spin bowling.

How did he get out? From the same scribe......

De Kock's resistance eventually failed on 111, however, Ashwin sending a wicked delivery through the gate and he then claimed Vernon Philander for a duck from the final wicket of the day.

Oct 08, 2019, 07:49

I also like Quintie. Always have.

The first real keeper we've had that can open and or get/hundreds.

People m forget that despite having some technique issues and starting quite young, he took to international cricket easily. 

Lots of years left in him too. 

You won't find me dissing the lad.

Oct 15, 2019, 02:12

Haven't seen him against India Denny.....scores 111, 0, 31, 5. It's feast or famine. My issue with de Kock is he doesn't move his feet, when the ball is moving.....result being a huge gap between bat and pad when executing offside driving.

As a result,  while he looks  like a match winner when it's a flat track, he is lost when the ball is moving.

But I'll watch some of the third test and give you some updated impressions.

Oct 15, 2019, 04:46

I'm convinced there's a change in technique but yes those figures don't look the best although time will tell. What's disturbing are the internal on field spats, they're not a happy team from what I can tell, the wheels have fallen off and not looking like getting back on in the near future.Losing breeds it's own demons.

Oct 15, 2019, 07:57

Exactly why it annoys the he'll out of me when people talk badly about Smith.

Sure he had issues but his teams were focused. His bowlers listened to him and he knew how to apply pressure on the opposition.

The guy was born to be a great captain and he did just that.

Faf is only captain because of his experience. Not because he suited to the role.

If they wanted a test skipper Elgar should have been the guy. And I'd have included him in the 50 overs side as captain also.

Right now it looks like Markam is next in line. I hear he is tactically astute but unless he's gonna average 40, what's the point?

Oct 15, 2019, 10:07

Faf as captain has an impressive record. No-one complained about him when the team was winning, well, I didn't notice any, funny now that the team is on a slide into the abyss a finger is being pointed at him. I can't fault him, he's done a wonderful job and as I've said he has an impressive record as the captain.

There is a lot of shyte going down in CSA, starting at the top with the new boots and all knows stuff all CEO and his new coach......it appears to be a case of the blind leading the blind. CSA is no longer being run by cricket people.Then there is the scenario of players leaving to ply their trade overseas, it started with Kevin Pietersen and slowly but surely the effects is now snowballing. The Proteas have been stripped bare of a new layer of players, players that should be in the squad are now either playing Kolpak or for other countries. There should be no knock on a white player looking to secure his future as a cricketer while a woeful Transformation policy is in place. The current coach will go, hopefully before he does further damage although I think it's more likely later than sooner and then only to be replaced by another quota from hell.

Faf at least has an impressive resume to his name, not so his superiors.

You need to Log in to reply.