Hamza/ Duminy - if fit

Mulder

KG

Ngidi - if fit

Nortje - if fit

Maharaj

Feb 24, 2019, 03:31

Denny

Agree with you about the first five - but Duminy has not yet played any provincial cricket/   I think they should rather try Hamza ahead of him.   If not him, then perhaps Morris.

Both Ngidi and Nortje have played in the Momentum Cup and did very well   

Should Tahir not play ahead of  Maharaj?     

Feb 24, 2019, 06:42

Good grief, you're posting at 3.30am 

Maharaj intead of Tahir, well it's not only about winning it's also about building a squad for the WC. Everyone knows what Tahir has to offer and not only is Maharaj a damn good bowler he is also a better bat than Tahir.

Feb 24, 2019, 10:16

:D:D:D   The Proteas and Bulls gave me a sleeping problem.   Yes, you are correct - but I think Tahir may be in the WC squad - but Maharaj is for the future,

I do not know when the ODI squad for the Sri-Lanka series will be announced - probably after a review of what happened in the Pakistan series and the two recent tests,    

Maybe there would be an announcement of retirement by Amla before the announcement is made - allowing him not to humiliate him by leaving him out of that squad.  The media attack is seriously problematic and that could influence the situation.       

Feb 24, 2019, 10:39

Neverthless there has to be two spinners, Shamsi is club level so Tahir and Maharaj is a no-brainer.

Feb 24, 2019, 11:30

Denny

Sure - but I think there are so many problems in the line-up at present that the first prolems will be to try and find -

*   a sounder batting line-up for the WC - probably making up 7 of the squad;

*   one all-rounder; and

*   seven  bowlers

If they select a 15 man squad for the purpose.   If it is a 16 man squad - they may use a different combination - probably adding an all-rounder,   If they take 7 bowlers - it may include two spinners,

My guess is that the squad will comprise of the following:-

*    7 batsmen

*    2 all-rounders

*    7 bowlers     

I agree with you about Shamsi - he is useless, .

Feb 24, 2019, 13:25

Denny

The Cape Cobras are playing the Momentum  Cup 50 overs game against the Highveld Lions today,

Hamza batted third for the Cobras and is at present 78 not out off 90 balls.   He is likely to be the MOM in this game.

You need to Log in to reply.